• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Hehe yeah, that is what I am sorry for :( Not sure how much of a chance we'd see it getting ported over....but a portable grid..oooh would have been something special. Picked up midnight Club LA remix during the EU sale last week (still on) and it's not bad either...but Grid would have been on a different level. At least we're still getting NFS most wanted (burnout paradise 2)!

@TE - edited it, just meant messing up today a lot! Probably from the anger initiated by puddle...Strange thinking about the type of gameplay...controlling a "fluid"...more like small blobs that join up. Slow like honey with circular bits of bread in it.

Skyzard

Banned
The concept is so good, really chilled out idea...and that's why you'd pick up the game. Chilled balancing act with pretty visuals. And that is what you get...along with the slowdown

I replayed the demo completely about 3 times (straight away, like one sitting) before picking it up as I thought I could get over the camera work and the slowdown as it was really fun...but the later levels introduce a lot more lag which pushes the slowdown just past the point of being bareable for me.. temporarily put my progression through the game on hold. I fear it will get even worse in other levels.

Also, that rotating plant. So frustrating to control hah. For a balancing game, it's pretty infuriating in a way that isn't fun (feel like unjustly losing - need to learn the map much more than natural balancing act (with decent understanding of the track) to control the fluid efficiently). Might do as someone suggested and pick up mercury meltdown to join spinout in the psp vita screen..

Skyzard

Banned
Go for it, I'm usually very critical of slowdown that others won't care as much...but don't say I didn't warn you! There's a trial to see what I mean about the camera but the slowdown isn't as much in the demo due to the early/simpler levels.

I actually read a lot of negative comments about it but someone here (really) loves it, I forgot who, and their excitement for a vita version, plus the decent trial pushed me. Maybe once I get past these levels the next ones will be better...someone who's completed it might be able to chime in...but yeah it's still fun, especially if you're not anal ;)

dexterslu

Picked up Sound Shapes before heading into work this morning, can't wait to try it out over lunch. Also, I was wondering if I got the PS3 version with my purchase on the Vita?

Honestly I deleted Buddle demo after giving it a try. I felt the same in the sense of being very slow with not so responsive controls. Couldn't handle it. But hey that's me anyway and I'm sure a lot of people may like it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Spy Hunter screenshots

xN09O.jpg

Dat 3DS port. no wonder they didn't show it till now.

I'm not really a big multi-player guy or anything... so don't expect me to be too social. I'm just a leader board kind of guy.

I really need someone with lower-timed Motorstorm RC times so I can get Wall Brawler as I play it.

So if you can help me out with that or just want a friend to have scores on a leaderboard feel free to add me (Flawless1984) ... my GF is playing PvZ right now so I won't accept them until later

^I couldve helped you with Motorstorm RC, if my bro didn't clock the fastest times. :(

No problem, I'm sure someone will help me out. I normally hate racing games but I played it randomly yesterday afternoon for a change of pace from HSG and got addicted to it. Did a whole bunch of races then looked at the trophy list.

Sol1dus

I'm liking Sound Shapes so far. Like the music a lot plus I love platformers anyway.
Community levels are already looking good which would give this game a long life time.
Sol1dus please add me so that I can have a look at your level : ) PSN smae as gaf ID.

I'll do that in about 10min. You'll recognize my name.

And to all EU vita gamers. I don't feel sorry that you can't play Sound Shapes yet, since you've been busy the past two weeks with your sales an such.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What happened to porting PS3 games? This isn't 3DS for god sakes give us qHD games

Well there is no PS360 version of Spy Hunter reboot ony 3DS and Vita and even if there was one, Vita will still get a 3DS or iOS port.

Now I just don't want to see how the Vita version of NFS Most Wanted look like.

Skyzard

Banned
I really want to see what vita nfs mw will look like. Still no footage...

Hadn't heard about Retro/Grade before, seems quite cool. Rhythm game with shmup graphics if i'm seeing it right..

I'm hoping those Spy Hunter shots are fake :p

:'(

Hadn't heard about it before either though tbh. Gameplay video would be nice but those graphics would be too hard to get past I reckon.

Cornbread78

OK, so Sound Shapes is a lot of fun, 1 question though, what was the system update I had to do when I was installing the game. Looked like 1.69 maybe?

Skyzard

Banned
@Totobeni Hah....I REALLY hope not. I'm sure that's just the spy hunter screenshot memory cells in your brain talking.

Although, a Burnout Paradise on the vita.... it never really seemed possible...the game is too fast and big and complex..maybe though (dreams), it would be really special.

Rasec

Go for it, I'm usually very critical of slowdown that others won't care as much...but don't say I didn't warn you! There's a trial to see what I mean about the camera but the slowdown isn't as much in the demo due to the early/simpler levels.

I actually read a lot of negative comments about it but someone here (really) loves it, I forgot who, and their excitement for a vita version, plus the decent trial pushed me. Maybe once I get past these levels the next ones will be better...someone who's completed it might be able to chime in...but yeah it's still fun, especially if you're not anal ;)

Well, i'm playing it and i think only me and another user said the game was okay and worth the purchase i made.
and yes, there was some stupid lags in the fertilizer and nitroglycerin levels but i surpass that and for now i'm entering the last third of the game and the lag is off for now.

Well, i had a hard time with the demo and the controls and the slow pace sometimes but i got used to the controls and the game got better and you start to adjust yourself to that gameplay and it actually gets fun.

but i'm in no way trying to get cool scores or medals, because it would be too frustrating with this kind of game.

and since there's no sound shapes for europe, puddle and my love for ninja gaiden are the things that still makes me play with my vita.

The sales were nice but the psp games on it don't seem worth it for me. I only got Gods eater burst.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for all the info, I'll try and keep playing. I did get used to the slowdown, but yes you are right it was the fertiliser level and one after that really got to me. Glad to hear it gets better.

I do feel like playing it again for higher scores...but it is more about remembering the map instead of just pure concentration on the balancing gameplay. I emailed them asking for some sort of zoom out by pinching the screen...even if it is while paused...would help a lot.

The way the game graphed the results was also interesting but a little confusing.

Totally disagree about skipping on the PSP games....so many funs ones. GTA is a great time sink just cruising around and messing about, nice to have them for sure. Still up I think.

yes darkwing.... :) (previous page...and this one, for harsh reality)

Skyzard

Banned
I have no idea! I just remembered it's a remake so that makes it much less likely to have DLC...but it might do right (e.g. shinobido). The other games were out on ps2 and psp right, harder to incorporate dlc....I expect they may do something to make use of the vita's capability for dlc which would be annoying if you were a huge fan that imports early (since can't do run dual accounts on vita :'( ).

Import fees won't be that high! Shipping prices may be a b!tch though unless you can do a slow one from HK over ebay. Would HK get it before EU? HK games are usually english right..

He said to not expect too much.

Here's a list of titles Sony is going to bring to gamescom that was already published:

•PlayStation AllStars: Battle Royale (PS3 + PS Vita)
•Call of Duty: Declassified (PS Vita)
•Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
•Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
•The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
&#8226;Dust 514 (PS Vita) <- this is some kind of support app not game
&#8226;The Last of Us (PS3)
&#8226;Wonder Book: A Book of Spells (PS3)

Plus whatever unanouced they will show there

edit: anyone knows if ZEN will be on gamescom ? Would be good place to annouce P4A or P4G european release.

kiyomi

I'm not quite seeing it.

He says a few heavy hitters, could that not just be stuff that's already been announced..? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding or I'm lacking the context of the conversation, this doesn't exactly seem like something to get excited about.

Skyzard said:
I have no idea! I just remembered it's a remake so that makes it much less likely to have DLC...but it might do right (e.g. shinobido). The other games were out on ps2 and psp right, harder to incorporate dlc....I expect they may do something to make use of the vita's capability for dlc which would be annoying if you were a huge fan that imports early (since can't do run dual accounts on vita :'( ).

Import fees won't be that high! Shipping prices may be a b!tch though unless you can do a slow one from HK over ebay. Would HK get it before EU? HK games are usually english right..
Mm I haven't heard of any DLC for P4G in Japan, so unless I'm mistaken I think it's pretty unlikely there will be any..

Yeah, I meant shipping fees, lol. I'm not much of an importer, but at this rate..

Sid

I'm not quite seeing it.

He says a few heavy hitters, could that not just be stuff that's already been announced..? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding or I'm lacking the context of the conversation, this doesn't exactly seem like something to get excited about.
Idk maybe some aren't announced,at least we know there will be 1 big unannounced vita title at gamescom

Takao's not here but at least we're linking his articles.

We miss you.

Wait,Takao has been perma'd?

Trigger

I'm fine with 3DS ports and vice versa. I hate being locked out of new games because they're not available for my chosen console/handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom