• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm fine with 3DS ports and vice versa. I hate being locked out of new games because they're not available for my chosen console/handheld.
I'm okay with them too, although both the 3DS and Vita could do better than what appears to be a PSP game or early iOS title.

He said to not expect too much.

Here's a list of titles Sony is going to bring to gamescom that was already published:

•PlayStation AllStars: Battle Royale (PS3 + PS Vita)
•Call of Duty: Declassified (PS Vita)
•Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
•Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
•The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
•Dust 514 (PS Vita) <- this is some kind of support app not game
•The Last of Us (PS3)
•Wonder Book: A Book of Spells (PS3)

Plus whatever unanouced they will show there

edit: anyone knows if ZEN will be on gamescom ? Would be good place to annouce P4A or P4G european release.

Oh god, they're bringing wonderbook to Gamescom too -_- I'm REALLY hoping they don't dedicate an entire half hour or whatever to it, although they probably will since it's being developed by SCEE anyway right? Sigh.. We just want Vita coverage, FFS. We still don't have ANY gameplay for CoD Declassified, not even a screenshot. NOTHING. They did the same thing for Agent, what a joke.

Oh well, at least we're getting some gems on the Vita soon like New King's Story, Persona 4 Golden and Ragnarok Odyssey :)

Shadow780

It's weird, my content manager is having trouble connecting to the most right hand side USB port on a 60GB launch unit, every other port works fine.

That port works with other USB devices, anyone having this problem?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
It's weird, my content manager is having trouble connecting to the most right hand side USB port on a 60GB launch unit, every other port works fine.

That port works with other USB devices, anyone having this problem?
Has it worked in the past? The PS3's Content Manager is really finicky for me, and unless I'm downloading a Vita game specifically, just trying to get my Vita to connect to transfer movies and PSP games takes multiple attempts.

Shadow780

Has it worked in the past? The PS3's Content Manager is really finicky for me, and unless I'm downloading a Vita game specifically, just trying to get my Vita to connect to transfer movies and PSP games takes multiple attempts.

I don't recall really, I assume it did. Other ports works fine.

wouwie

has anyone played Puddle? been looking at some videos, looks decent

I completed Puddle and wrote my impressions down a couple of pages back in this thread. I enjoyed it a lot and thought it was fun to play.

I suggest you to try the demo since it represents what the game is about rather well. If you like the demo, i'm convinced you'll enjoy the full game.

omgkitty

I have no idea if this is a common thing or not, but has anyone else noticed that when the Vita screen is black, you can see this sort of pixelation in the screen, generally towards the right? It kind of looks like this:

434503-bigthumbnail.jpg

Of course, this isn't an issue any other time, only when the screen is completely black. Just thought it was weird.

Well I guess when I think about it I'm not totally opposed to the idea, I just hate seeing stuff like Lego Batman 2 where the Vita version is a port of the 3DS version instead of the console version. It just seems so lazy to me.

But, in a more general sense, I feel like the 3DS and Vita are different enough platforms that games should be developed with more thought given to the individual platform instead of just trying to make one version for both when it clearly doesn't make sense from anything but a business perspective.

Honestly when I think about it I'm probably just expecting too much from third parties developing games on dedicated gaming handhelds in the year 2012.

Vossler

I have no idea if this is a common thing or not, but has anyone else noticed that when the Vita screen is black, you can see this sort of pixelation in the screen, generally towards the right? It kind of looks like this:

434503-bigthumbnail.jpg

Of course, this isn't an issue any other time, only when the screen is completely black. Just thought it was weird.

I noticed this when I first turned on my Vita. Not noticeable while playing games, just when the screen goes completely black. I thought mine was broke at first, but now I think it is jsut part of the OLED tech.

KAL2006

Banned
Lack of media for upcoming Vita games is baffling

FIFA 13 is coming out in about 7 weeks, there is no footage at all. I remember when the first FIFA came out for Vita, the developer said for future Vita FIFA#s they are looking into adding cross platform play, but so far there has not been any info on that so I am going to assume it's not happening.

Assassins Creed comes out in around 11 weeks, and all we got was a small gameplay clip. Apparently there is also multiplayer butthere are no details on that.

Need for Speed Vita port also comes out in around 11 weeks, and there is no information on this game at all. I remember seeing a job listing from Criterion that hinted some PS3/Vita connectivity.

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified will be out near the end of the year and there is no media on this game at all except for the logo. All we know is the games story may relate to the other entries, the missions will be more byte sized similar to Unit 13 and there will be multiplayer.

Hopefully Gamescom next week will have media for all these games

Sid

Lack of media for upcoming Vita games is baffling

FIFA 13 is coming out in about 7 weeks, there is no footage at all. I remember when the first FIFA came out for Vita, the developer said for future Vita FIFA#s they are looking into adding cross platform play, but so far there has not been any info on that so I am going to assume it's not happening.

Assassins Creed comes out in around 11 weeks, and all we got was a small gameplay clip. Apparently there is also multiplayer butthere are no details on that.

Need for Speed Vita port also comes out in around 11 weeks, and there is no information on this game at all. I remember seeing a job listing from Criterion that hinted some PS3/Vita connectivity.

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified will be out near the end of the year and there is no media on this game at all except for the logo. All we know is the games story may relate to the other entries, the missions will be more byte sized similar to Unit 13 and there will be multiplayer.

Hopefully Gamescom next week will have media for all these games
Ac:l and cod:declassified are at gamescom maybe fifa and nfs vita are shown there too?Would be best for sony to start the big(?) marketing push for vita around the time of release of lbp vita

Omlagus

Need a firmware update to play Sound Shapes?!?! Argh!!!

Now I need to run out and find a wifi hotspot. So much for playing at lunch. ;_;

Edit: Firmware 1.69. Sorry I that got anyone's hopes up thinking I meant 1.8.

434503-bigthumbnail.jpg

Do you mean this
original2.jpg

Pretty common thing with OLED screens, my Galaxy S2 has it too.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I've really got my hopes up for Need for Speed. I've been itching for a more traditional racing game on Vita, that isn't blah or devoid of content.

Oh, and where's the demo for Sound Shapes? I've kept in the dark about the game, and guess I'm going to have to watch a Youtube video to see what it's about.

Hobohodo

Hobohodo said:
Any of you guys played MGS HD Collection on the Vita? I'm playing MGS2 at the moment and I'm finding that some of the things that I can do when playing it on the PS3 can't be done on the Vita, such as equiping/unequiping weapons when pressed against a wall. I also find that once I have peaked around a corner if I start pressing in the other direction to wallhug away from the corner all snake does is crane his neck in that direction. So are there any Vita specific ways to do these things or are they just impossible for some reason?

Anyone?

Come on help out a poor EU game who can't play Sound Shapes yet. =(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So..pac-man will be the Ouya..but not on Vita. :|

I've really got my hopes up for Need for Speed. I've been itching for a more traditional racing game on Vita, that isn't blah or devoid of content.

It'll most likely be a reskinned port of this
qXJi2.jpg

with better framerate(if you are too lucky).

Hopefully we get some news next Tuesday from the event. I just picked up a used 3G Vita from Gamestop last week for $219. The thing is in excellent condition and really have no need for the 3G but couldn't find a used Wifi since I wanted to keep the costs down. I only paid $50 out of pocket since I used trade in credit.

I originally had the Vita on release day for a month but had returned it back to BBY within the return policy since I was more eager to build my new gaming PC and use the funds towards that.

I'm hoping we get a few things:

-Vita PS1 FW Update

-Gaikai streaming capabilities for Vita and PS3

-iPhone/Android app for the U.S.

-Soul Sacrifice

-Unlock remote play - this would be a huge selling point. I've tried the few titles that work with this right now and it is not bad, but graphically wish it was better.

-Killzone Vita - I would love for this to be back to the isometric view on the Vita like Liberation or a 3rd person shooter like Resistance on the PSP. We need some different experiences for some of these franchises.

Sid

Hopefully we get some news next Tuesday from the event. I just picked up a used 3G Vita from Gamestop last week for $219. The thing is in excellent condition and really have no need for the 3G but couldn't find a used Wifi since I wanted to keep the costs down. I only paid $50 out of pocket since I used trade in credit.

I originally had the Vita on release day for a month but had returned it back to BBY within the return policy since I was more eager to build my new gaming PC and use the funds towards that.

I'm hoping we get a few things:

-Vita PS1 FW Update

-Gaikai streaming capabilities for Vita and PS3

-iPhone/Android app for the U.S.

-Soul Sacrifice

-Unlock remote play - this would be a huge selling point. I've tried the few titles that work with this right now and it is not bad, but graphically wish it was better.

-Killzone Vita - I would love for this to be back to the isometric view on the Vita like Liberation or a 3rd person shooter like Resistance on the PSP. We need some different experiences for some of these franchises.
Soul sacrifice has a western release for march 2013 and we haven't seen anything worth mentioning of killzone vita apart from that it is a fps and has some rts elements

Soul sacrifice has a western release for march 2013 and we haven't seen anything worth mentioning of killzone vita apart from that it is a fps and has some rts elements

The RTS elements could be interesting.

I was wondering, do you guys think the 3G Vita used from Gamestop was a good deal at $219? I've been using it since Saturday and "knock on wood" it works flawlessly so far.

StuBurns

Banned
Well I guess when I think about it I'm not totally opposed to the idea, I just hate seeing stuff like Lego Batman 2 where the Vita version is a port of the 3DS version instead of the console version. It just seems so lazy to me.

But, in a more general sense, I feel like the 3DS and Vita are different enough platforms that games should be developed with more thought given to the individual platform instead of just trying to make one version for both when it clearly doesn't make sense from anything but a business perspective.

Honestly when I think about it I'm probably just expecting too much from third parties developing games on dedicated gaming handhelds in the year 2012.
It's a difficult question certainly. I'd rather see better versions of 3DS games, than worse versions of PS3 games, for two reasons. I like to think I'm putting my time in the best version of a game, and I like that in those instances they should generally have been developing specifically for handheld gameplay.

Personally, I expect that to be ultimately all the Vita is going to get outside of Sony stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom