• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamespawn

Maybe the reason it doesn't have the transfarring logo is bc, like soundshapes, its a standard for Vita games with crossplay to support cloud saves. Kojima did say all of his future games would be on both systems.

Vossler

I bought a Vita cause the gf usually wants to use the TV to watch stuff, and since I can play games that I wouldn't be able to otherwise/get trophies, I figure so far it has been a solid purchase. Like stated earlier, it's a portable PS3 with an awesome screen.

Sol1dus

Official Vita cradle and AC adapter are going to be on sale at Best Buy next week for $5. Really been wanting to pick up the cradle, I just wasn't willing to pay $20 for it.

link

Man, Rayman Origins for $10 on ps3?

Definitely not picking it up on Vita anytime soon then...

An here's a topic for us to discuss, the gaffer up there^^^ gave me the idea.

What ps1 games are you looking forward to the most?

For me, MGS1, Crash Team Racing, Tomba and FF9.

Man, Rayman Origins for $10 on ps3?

Definitely not picking it up on Vita anytime soon then...

An here's a topic for us to discuss, the gaffer up there^^^ gave me the idea.

CTR.

Beast780

I gotta stop going into the Vita doom and gloom thread, that shit is downright depressing... They're talking about starting a new doom and gloom thread in the doom and gloom thread! WTF!

spannicus

Maybe the reason it doesn't have the transfarring logo is bc, like soundshapes, its a standard for Vita games with crossplay to support cloud saves. Kojima did say all of his future games would be on both systems.

Asked Kojima on twitter and I got no reply, as to if ZOE was still coming to Vita. Did not suprise me much as he only tweets about the music he listens too and him walking down the street Lol. But who am I to ask Kojima anything? just someone who spends money on games is all.

Kyon

Banned
I gotta stop going into the Vita doom and gloom thread, that shit is downright depressing... They're talking about starting a new doom and gloom thread in the doom and gloom thread! WTF!

I was JUST in there. I never felt so depressed. Just gonna ignore.

WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS AND VITA OWNERS WOOO

go buy gravity rush soon :3

Have I been missing on chats? Are we.. doing anything with that? Or were we being the Molyneux of Vitacasts?
I'm not even sure if there have been any chats going on. probably wrong though

Which? There's, like, two or three a week.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Well Castlevania Chronicles and SoTN simply becaus I already have them. I would definitely purchase Tomba if it's supported, and would welcome Raiden Project and Silent Bomber.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I've been playing more EG, I got a crown in one of the tournaments, how am I supposed to know what the objectives are for getting those crowns? I just got it by accident, tbh..

Once you've beaten the challenges, all the requirements for the crowns will be revealed.

Btw, if you participate in the online tourneys and you'd like some leaderboard fodder, you can add me to your friendslist... PSN ID is LagunaX321

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

There are good discussions in them usually, like the latest thread it's Shu Yoshida himself admitting and saying there is a problem, we know that Rovio and Gearbox will put games if Sony paid and we some publishers are putting 3DS and iOS port on the Vita, those threads can be good for discussions the problems and the possible solution(the problem I think with these threads are few people who enters for laughs at the Vita and Vita owners and repeat the same things it's kinda tiring at this point).

There are good discussions in them usually, like the latest thread it's Shu Yoshida himself admitting and saying there is a problem, we know that Rovio and Gearbox will put games if Sony paid and we some publishers are putting 3DS and iOS port on the Vita, those threads can be good for discussions the problems and the possible solution(the problem I think with these threads are few people who enters for laughs at the Vita and Vita owners and repeat the same things it's kinda tiring at this point).

Why would Sony pay Rovio to release Angry Birds on Vita?

Omlagus

Jeez, between Mutant Blobs and Sound Shapes, it's pretty clear I just suck at platformers.

Good thing they are both really fun too, otherwise it would be extremely frustrating.

kerrak

I would like to hear any gamer saying he's enjoying 2012 more than the few previous years. I'm pretty sure 3DS and Vita owners have more reasons to be happy gamers this year.

Relative lack of games NOW is hitting ps3, 360 and wii.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why would Sony pay Rovio to release Angry Birds on Vita?

If Sony want dat million seller series on their system.
Vesterbacka also mentioned that Rovio's back catalog of bird/slingshot simulators are still coming to the 3DS, and that potential Vita versions are in Sony's court: "We'll have our games on the 3DS pretty soon. The Vita we haven't decided what to do about yet, but of course we want to be on all the screens, so let's see how the Vita does in the market. And of course, always when working with these console guys it's not that we can decide, it's really if Sony wants to have Angry Birds on Vita. It's more up to them than to us."
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/rovio-wants-angry-birds-space-on-all-the-screens-vita-version/

Rovio And Gearbox both know Sony is desperate for games that actually sells on Vita and they want money (business),but apparently Sony refused both offers.

Kyon

Banned
I would like to hear any gamer saying he's enjoying 2012 more than the few previous years. I'm pretty sure 3DS and Vita owners have more reasons to be happy gamers this year.

Relative lack of games NOW is hitting ps3, 360 and wii.

YES that's what i said a few pages back. The consoles are even lucky to be getting two games in the summer. Not games usually dont come out in the summer. Its fall/winter idk why people expect more from Vita in the summer than the other consoles who have gotten almost NOTHING but 2-3 games in the summer

Rovio And Gearbox both know Sony is desperate for games that actually sells on Vita and they want money (business),but apparently Sony refused both offers.

Yeah I know, those Rovio dudes expect Sony to pay wich is unacceptable. If you as a developper want your game on many platforms as possible you dont expect payment by the platform owner. Its not like Angry bird is an exclusive game.

Sid

It's mostly nintendo fanboys defending nintendo/1-upping vita through nintendo sales figures and trying to bash sony for the 'sake' of discussion and vita's future will be a lot clearer after tgs is over this year,imo vita having both soul sacrifice and ys:celceta this year in japan and with hopefully a decent marketing campaign for the fall should at least help it to rise significantly above the 10k/w sales level over there

krpiper

I say that we jumpstart a "Vita-Cast" maybe a hour or two a week. Maybe some "now playing" wher ewe would get a chance to talk about games that we are playing (hopefully) Vita related.

Maybe the second half could be "news" or upcoming games/previews or a more detailed review (for big games like Gravity Rush or Sound Shapes)

Tratorn

Why should Sony pay for useless multiplattform-titles?
That would be a disaster.

Every developer/publisher would ask them for money then just to release multiplattform-games on their plattform...

They could make some marketing-deals or so (for exclusive content/big IPs), but not more.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why should Sony pay for useless multiplattform-titles?
That would be a disaster.

Every developer/publisher would ask them for money then just to release multiplattform-games on their plattform...

They could make some marketing-deals or so (for exclusive content/big IPs), but not more.

Yeah I said that before,Sony will never do that(and they didn't so far).

But I wonder if this is a reason of the lack of third party support ,since maybe/there is possibility that it is not just Rovio and Gearbox who want to take advantage of the situation here,maybe there are many other.

Skyzard

Banned
I've had a vita since it came out and i still have no games for it. I use it a lot for the webbrowser and the skype app though.

Have you noticed yellowing of the screen - perhaps a pattern around the border - I read some issues on reddit about regular use of the browser causing an issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/xwdl2/ps_vita_screen_burnin_issue_yellowing_with/

Someone said it is fixable (inverting a screenshot of the browser and putting it on the vita- not sure how credible that is). I don't use the browser much, but I do use Skype quite a bit. Very strange you have no games btw :p

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Jeez, between Mutant Blobs and Sound Shapes, it's pretty clear I just suck at platformers.

Good thing they are both really fun too, otherwise it would be extremely frustrating.
I'm the same way, and reading people in the Sound Shapes OT say that the platforming is a breeze just makes me feel worse. I realize I'm an awful person, but I bought Rayman Origins and loved it, but ended up selling it because I just hit the point where I was doing so poorly that the game wasn't fun anymore, and while I'm liking Mutant Blobs, if it wasn't a digital title, I'd probably have done the same.

daoster

It's mostly nintendo fanboys defending nintendo/1-upping vita through nintendo sales figures and trying to bash sony for the 'sake' of discussion and vita's future will be a lot clearer after tgs is over this year,imo vita having both soul sacrifice and ys:celceta this year in japan and with hopefully a decent marketing campaign for the fall should at least help it to rise significantly above the 10k/w sales level over there

I dunno... This seems like an excuse that we Vita owners have made for the past year now... Don't worry 2011 TGS will be where the third party games come out (didn't happen), don't worry E3 will show all the wonderful games that is upcoming for Vita (Sony barely acknowledged it on their conference)... Don't worry... Gamescom will show us Vita's unannounced games (not holding my breath), don't worry... TGS will give us all those third parties that Sony wants to usher in the age of vita... But I'm not betting on that either...

There is only 1 exclusivity wich Sony should pay for and that is Monsta Hunta, nothing else, even if it costs them 50 million dollars. Having MH will guarantee victory in 1 territory(JPN), meaning other home devs will flock to the system.

Doombear

I've had a vita since it came out and i still have no games for it. I use it a lot for the webbrowser and the skype app though.

Impulse buy or why did you buy it?

Wondering this myself. I am starting to see a backlog on my Vita damn it. May be forgetting a few, but I have:

Physical
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Touch My Katamari
FIFA
Mortal Kombat
MGS HD Collection
Hot Shots Golf

Digital/PSP
MHFU
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Persona 3 Portable
Gungnir
Growlanser Generations
Tales From Space
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Soundshapes

Future Day Ones (all/mostly digital as I now have a 32GB card)
FIFA 13
P4 Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape
AC III

I am pretty damn happy with mine.

Sid

I dunno... This seems like an excuse that we Vita owners have made for the past year now... Don't worry 2011 TGS will be where the third party games come out (didn't happen), don't worry E3 will show all the wonderful games that is upcoming for Vita (Sony barely acknowledged it on their conference)... Don't worry... Gamescom will show us Vita's unannounced games (not holding my breath), don't worry... TGS will give us all those third parties that Sony wants to usher in the age of vita... But I'm not betting on that either...

I'm not making any excuse...whether the future for vita is good or not for the following years will be decided by it's holiday sales,games announced till and at tgs and the way sony markets it during the fall,imo

They should be refusing these offers.

"Sony, we would like you to port our game to your system. In exchange we will collect royalties for the sales, and you essentially get nothing out of it."

Sets a bad precedent for other third parties as well. Why would anyone fund their own game if they could just call out Sony over twitter and have them pay for the port?

I won't even get into the fact that angry birds is a shit game anyways, but i understand that some people want it. Even still, it's unlikely they'll grab it on vita when its already available on their smart phones for a buck. This is all IMO of course...

Borderlands is a good game/franchise, but would be a huge undertaking to get ported over. I also think the only reason the first game sold so well was because it launched at $40 when every other game was $60

I hope when Vita sells like hot cakes and has a vast library of apps and games, some journalist will ask Sony pr why there is no AB and gets the same response.

wishful thinking lol.

I am kind of in the same boat. Got mine at launch and I only have 1 game, Ridge Racer (which I love). I basically use it solely to watch Youtube and Netflix in bed now. I'm going to get Ragnarok Odyssey when it comes out. Other than that, there are a few existing games out that I wouldn't mind having (Army Corps of Hell, UMvC3) but I have been waiting until they are sub-$20, to no avail.

fernoca

Mine's just a week old. :p
Already have Resistance, Mortal Kombat and Uncharted. Will get WipEout next week (new price). Still have to get Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Gravity Rush; might get Ridge Racer if I can get it really cheap (under $20), and upgrade to a bigger memory card to start jumping on more digital downloads (have a few digital/PSP games too SoulCalibur, Tekken, Prinny, etc.).

Then there's Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, LittleBigPlanet, PlayStation All Stars...so at the moment I'm quite happy with it.

patsu

Should try games like Mutant Blobs and Sound Shapes.

I also get a lot more mileage from PSP games. The ones I played are all 100 hours and above.

VanWinkle

Yeah I said that before,Sony will never do that(and they didn't so far).

But I wonder if this is a reason of the lack of third party support ,since maybe/there is possibility that it is not just Rovio and Gearbox who want to take advantage of the situation here,maybe there are many other.

I feel like it's more Rovio/Gearbox wanting Sony to make them an offer/incentive if they want the game on Vita, instead of Rovio/Gearbox wanting to make the game on Vita and Sony refusing.

Vossler

I'm so pumped to do "an everything" run in Vagrant Story on the OLED screen. Will take some time, but will be awesome, because simply, the game is AWESOME.

Ok, i have about 100 bucks to work with for some more games. I already have Mortal Kombat and Wipeout HD.

I'm thinking of going with MGSHD Collection, Rayman Origins, and Resistance: Burning Skies after the price drop. I want a good MP game and RBS seems the best so far. I really want to play Uncharted, but i heard its another short game, so i could probably rent it and beat it before i have to leave the US again. What would you suggest? Are the Burning Skies servers region free?

Beast780

Ok, i have about 100 bucks to work with for some more games. I already have Mortal Kombat and Wipeout HD.

I'm thinking of going with MGSHD Collection, Rayman Origins, and Resistance: Burning Skies after the price drop. I want a good MP game and RBS seems the best so far. I really want to play Uncharted, but i heard its another short game, so i could probably rent it and beat it before i have to leave the US again. What would you suggest? Are the Burning Skies servers region free?

I think you are best suited picking up Unit 13. It's a third person shooter from the SOCOM devs and it's actually pretty good. I'm not sure about the multiplayer but there are some pretty good leaderboards.

I would also pick up a $50 PSN card and pick up some of the cool indie games. You can pick all these up for $50 and have about $5 left over.

PSminis

Wizorb
Velocity
Where is my Heart

PSN Games

Sound Shapes
Mutant Blobs Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom