• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already own MBA and ill probably wait for a PSN sale to get Sound shapes.

im skipping unit 13 because there is no head to head multiplayer, just leaderboards.

i want to get schooled by another person on my vita.

Beast780

i already own MBA and ill probably wait for a PSN sale to get Sound shapes.

im skipping unit 13 because there is no head to head multiplayer, just leaderboards.

i want to get schooled by another person on my vita.

Fair enough. Well than if you want head to head right now your only option is Resistance (in the shooter genre at least) unfortunately, it is really really average though. We can just hope Call of Duty turns out good!

|ync

There is only 1 exclusivity wich Sony should pay for and that is Monsta Hunta, nothing else, even if it costs them 50 million dollars. Having MH will guarantee victory in 1 territory(JPN), meaning other home devs will flock to the system.

I posted about this earlier in the thread, but looking at the japanese psp sales can you point out when exactly Monster Hunter saved the psp?
DnNSN.jpg
Outside of the bumps from each release it doesn't look like MH had any sustained impact on the overall sales landscape. It wasn't until the psp slim that sales really changed.

So basically what I'm saying is that having or not having MH (or any other one big game) is not going to determine Vita's fate, even in japan.

Beast780

I posted about this earlier in the thread, but looking at the japanese psp sales can you point out when exactly Monster Hunter saved the psp?

*snipped out the graph*

Outside of the bumps from each release it doesn't look like MH had any sustained impact on the overall sales landscape. It wasn't until the psp slim that sales really changed.

So basically what I'm saying is that having or not having MH (or any other one big game) is not going to determine Vita's fate, even in japan.

It looks as the revisions had more of an impact. One could argue having Monster Hunter would really help though.

[edit] what launched on February 22nd of 08 for that spike?

Fair enough. Well than if you want head to head right now your only option is Resistance (in the shooter genre at least) unfortunately, it is really really average though. We can just hope Call of Duty turns out good!
well maybe ill skip resistance alrogether and put all My eggs in the COD basket. i may skip mgshd too because ive beaten those gamee already, but kojima games always do it for me...ill just wait for the ZOEHD collection i guess. so that just leaves me with rayman origins.

Spiegel

I see it clearly. In March 2008 (MHP2G) there's a big bump in weekly sales (approx double of 2007) and it kept the console above 50k for many weeks.

That chart needs to be wider to appreciate the effect better.

It wasn't MH in general who revived the PSP, it was MHP2G, when the franchise went from 1.7M to >4M

6wHDX.jpg

Looks like MH3 caused a major spike. And lets not forget the MH craze that caused 3DS sales to surge.

if there wasn't epic slow down in the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics, I would recommend that.

I'd personally wait till you can play the PS1 game on vita.

That spell slow down is completely game breaking. Heaven forbid you have a summoner on your team.

Doombear

I'm so pumped to do "an everything" run in Vagrant Story on the OLED screen. Will take some time, but will be awesome, because simply, the game is AWESOME.

Ugh, this. I cannot wait. Vagrant Story and Xenogears are just sitting there in my downloads list waiting for the Vita to get with it.

if there wasn't epic slow down in the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics, I would recommend that.

That spell slow down is completely game breaking. Heaven forbid you have a summoner on your team.

I never felt it was epic or game breaking, certainly annoying to most people. But some people just don't even notice, or barely so. Still, I would love to see it removed or patched somehow myself =(

give up man phantasy star is so much better. Which makes it terrible it isn't compatible with vita.

lol

I want to like the game, just can't get into it.

I really hope Phantasy Star comes out on Vita. God that would be awesome.

edit : I think the people that don't notice the slow down have never played the actual copy on PS1. Unfortunately, I'm enough where I have. The game is still fantastic so I won't get on anybody for putting up with it.

Yeah figured. Hopefully Gamescom will come through.
Or is there no chance of that?

|ync

I see it clearly. In March 2008 (MHP2G) there's a big bump in weekly sales (approx double of 2007) and it kept the console above 50k for many weeks.

That chart needs to be wider to appreciate the effect better.

It wasn't MH in general who revived the PSP, it was MHP2G, when the franchise went from 1.7M to >4M

You're right I didn't have MGP2G on the chart, I added it and made the graph a bit wider for you.

Anyway, I'm going to need some convincing to believe that the 50+ k weekly sales Apr-Aug '08 are due to MGP2G when the PSP2000 had already been sustaining sales above 50k since Sept '07.

No doubt MH was a big seller and a contributing factor to the PSP's success, but it's not the one or even the biggest thing.

TurkishEmperor said:
Looks like MH3 caused a major spike. And lets not forget the MH craze that caused 3DS sales to surge.

What sales surge? Again I'm seeing a healthy spike (that blends in with the christmas spike), but no evidence of a sustained effect.

gbO4X.jpg

Drek

Any quick suggestions for $10 PSP games to play on Vita?
Or anything really worth the ten bones I have on there? Ha thanks

Do you have all of these?

Minis:
Velocity
Where is My Heart
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
Wizorb

Vita:
Mutant Blobs Attack
Super Stardust

This isn't actually even getting into PSP games either. Lots of options.

Doombear

Speaking of fighters on PSP on the Vita... Has anyone had any experience with Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus on the Vita?

I guess I am just looking for someone to sell me on it as I know it works on the Vita and is available right in the Vita PSP store (last I looked). But does anyone here have it on their Vita?

Never played much GG and wanted to give it a go. Seeing as how the next console version is still quite a ways off, thought it might be nice to have on the go, and I don't hate the d-pad on the Vita for fighters like I do on the PS3 controllers.

branny

^The PSP version of GG was better than the BB ports. I recommend it, though I never played it on Vita. I assume it'd be great.

Skyzard

Banned
^Lol :)

Wow syncing your game list on vita is painful if you have many. Its flashing all the time.

Is LR2 better - not too tedious just following the path? I don't want to be super meat boying the whole game, but also don't want too simple a game..

the game trailers review has put me off a little, perhaps they'll have a sale and I can grab both.

Skyzard

Banned
Yes Patapon 2 is on my waiting for a sale list as well, 2 I hear is recommended often as well as the one to get..?

although now I'm reading 3 is simpler for the better..so many opinions, still could do with more though ha.

Sony really has something with music rythmic games don't they, well they must have since they invented the genre with Parappa. For the lack of Locoroco and Patapon we have Sound Shapes. ^_^

schnarf

Want to play Mutant Blobs Attack, but wonder if I should wait for the PC release. Any suggestions? Considering option C (aka buy both!)

Glix

Want to play Mutant Blobs Attack, but wonder if I should wait for the PC release. Any suggestions? Considering option C (aka buy both!)

No reason to wait. The Vita version is wonderful, and has tilt levels that will certainly be better on Vita then PC.

schnarf

No reason to wait. The Vita version is wonderful, and has tilt levels that will certainly be better on Vita then PC.
True, something I have been considering. The PC gets higher res graphics and some bonus levels. Just grabbed the Vita version, and will most likely double dip if I enjoy it enough. Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom