• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I can't be buggered to get the trophies for those mini-games in SSD :<

I want to try and up my Arcade score (only played it once to completion), but every time I start the game, the allure of Endless is too great

Has there been any word yet on whether or not Orgarhythm is getting a retail release or not?

Kinda figured I could.....anyone have any input on how dissidia 012 duodecim looks on the vita screen?
It looks great. Definitely worth having on the Vita, though none of the DLC is available via the Vita storefront (have to transfer via the PS3).

^Ragnarok Odyssey is likely coming out in September, not late August. That placeholder date is only eleven days away, and we sadly still have no official confirmation of it.
Yeah, an XSEED staffer said there's no official release date yet on the PS Blog yesterday, so all of the Aug/Sept release dates floating around right now for RO are just retailers' best guesses.

I should really get back to my SSD trophy hunting. I just suck way too bad at Endless so far.

I kinda cheesed the Endless trophy. What I did was take out the first nuke that appears. Then when all those red triangle-shaped ships appear, I only killed about 4 or 5 of them. Then I let them chase me around the map for 10 minutes. XD

You have to be careful though because they will pick up speed after a while and you have to change direction to get them off your tail. As long as enough of them are on screen, no other enemies will spawn.

Haliela

Sound Shapes...

227839420.gif

Koroviev

I can't be buggered to get the trophies for those mini-games in SSD :<

I want to try and up my Arcade score (only played it once to completion), but every time I start the game, the allure of Endless is too great

I think I've finished one actual level in SSD. The rest of my time has been spent on endless.

brentech

Hope fifa this time is closer to 12. Hate the old defending system. Pretty cool playing full manual on the go.

Yeah, I prefer the newer defense system as well.
I have FIFA 13 (vita) pre-ordered, but I'm actually liking what I hear about the console version and am starting to think that I'll definitely get it on PS3 and maybe the Vita if it gets upgraded as it should. They just aren't telling us squat about the Vita FIFA 13

Sol1dus

Yeah! Finally 100% Super Stardust! Love that game so much! Now it's time to work on Motorstorm...

That's awesome!

lol @ Haliela. That's exactly how I feel.

Also, would it be against the rules to post pictures of PSP/Minis running on the Vita? Just want to see how other games look, and I would post mine so people would discover new games.

Sol1dus

Taking too much space, since I would essentially be posting a bunch of pictures.
Idk, after I mentioned the 3DS, I almost got thugged by a mod.

Anyways, I'll start posting the pictures tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
I was hoping the GB Quick Look would help get me interested in Sound Shapes, but unfortunately it seems to have had the opposite effect. I'm sad now...

LuchaShaq

Banned
I was hoping the GB Quick Look would help get me interested in Sound Shapes, but unfortunately it seems to have had to opposite effect. I'm sad now...

Yeah same here.

I'm not sure any platformer could grab my attention at this point. It feels like every two weeks there is a new indie platformer with some gimmick. Sicker of that than even military fps

Yeah same here.

I'm not sure any platformer could grab my attention at this point. It feels like every two weeks there is a new indie platformer with some gimmick. Sicker of that than even military fps
We may be getting a lot of indie stuff on the Vita before it's over. 3DS too. You may be out of luck.

zroid

Banned
The audio-visual presentation is top notch for sure, but the level design just didn't seem compelling enough. Finally, near the end of the Quick Look, with the Space Invaders and those spinning head things, I began to feel like there was some potential there.

Unfortunately, I just don't know for how long this singular "stick/unstick" mechanic can remain fresh. I'm going to have to wait-and-see on this one. Maybe a few months from now there will be a ton of amazingly good UGC.

VanWinkle

Sound Shapes is probably my favorite Vita game. I'm going to replay it here soon. Doing the death mode right now which is kicking my butt.

VanWinkle

What's death mode?

They take one screen from different levels in the campaign and you have to manuever and collect a certain amount of coins in a certain amount of time. Very hard, but feels incredible when you get it (plus, almost all of the trophies are for death mode. Each "level" you beat earns you a trophy).

Sol1dus

They take one screen from different levels in the campaign and you have to manuever and collect a certain amount of coins in a certain amount of time. Very hard, but feels incredible when you get it (plus, almost all of the trophies are for death mode. Each "level" you beat earns you a trophy).

A SILVER trophy. Yeah.

Koroviev

I was hoping the GB Quick Look would help get me interested in Sound Shapes, but unfortunately it seems to have had the opposite effect. I'm sad now...

I really like it so far. It's very charming. I wouldn't want to watch a Quick Look for such a short game.

kitzkozan

1 and 2 were remade for PSP, as was 4 with The After Years, 3 is on iOS/Android/DS, but it's coming to PSP too.

I think it looks very nice, a lot of people say it looks like it was shit out by one of those RPG Maker games though. In the eye of the beholder and all that.

IV does look very nice indeed imo, even if I somewhat understand why some say that it does look like an rpg maker game. The npcs do have a bland look to them, which wasn't the case with the snes version (those old squaresoft sprites) . It's worth a buy anyway since you get the old school IV + extra content which is worth a look at the very least.

I'm still waiting for the PSP remake of I and II on PSN + the DS port of III + the vita version of X + PSone classics support to complete my portable collection of FF (and perhaps type 0 as well) .

Anyone with Fifa enjoying it? Going to be picking up a Vita soon and im torn between Fifa and Disgaea 3. Also is there a list of compatible Ps1 classics on Vita?

Anyone with Fifa enjoying it? Going to be picking up a Vita soon and im torn between Fifa and Disgaea 3. Also is there a list of compatible Ps1 classics on Vita?

Yep enjoyed it, was gonna get platinum and tried the "win in all stadiums with teams from every league" trophy but heard it was glitched afterwards, wasted some hours of my life doing that shit.

DSGamer

Neo Member

I'm 3 seasons into a career with FIFA and I really like it. Started off in the MLS with my hometown team and moved on to a league in Europe. It's really fun. It's FIFA on the go and an excellent soundtrack.

DSGamer

Neo Member
I picked up Unit 13 over the weekend, and so far I've played eleven missions.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING. The controls are responsive, and the touch controls fit perfectly. It has fairly typical action/shooter elements, like cover, stealth, etc. which are all implented smoothly. The levels are open and well-designed, and there's multiple characters to choose from, so you can approach each situation in a variety of ways. The only downside is the AI is kind of dumb. But I don't really mind if an enemy wants to stare at a wall while I run up and knife him.

It's a real shame Zipper closed down. They know how to make a great Vita game. I'm not sure COD will be able to top this.

The nice thing about Unit 13 is that it was made for the Vita. It feels like a handheld game. A game that can be enjoyed in bite-sized chunks where you don't lose the thread if you set the game down for a while.

demigod

Anybody using gaming grips? If so what are you using and what do you think of it?

Yep, I'm using the Nyko Power Grip and it owns. I have small hands and the Vita was giving me cramps. Testing out the battery but I'm only playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite atm so it'll probably last way longer than playing a Vita game. Only shitty thing was it took me 4 hours to fully charge the Grip.

there's a master list on CAG

Pac-Man CE is one of the few that doesn't work, apparently. This mini isn't DX, mind, which I think most will agree is the better game.

Actually, I have DX on the PS3 and CE now on the 3DS and I think CE is the better game.

DX is all about forming a conga line of ghosts and adds 'cheats' like bullet time when you're about to die and bombs. The speed in DX gets to ridiculously high that it becomes mostly about fighting the controls, where the DS3 d-pad starts to show its drawbacks.

CE is much more true to Pac Man gameplay with added variety to make it more interesting. The 3DS adds online leaderboards, the PSP version sadly doesn't. A Vita version of combined CE and DX with online leaderboards would be great (especially with the great Vita d-pad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom