• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I've got my eye on 6 PS360 games, 6 Vita games, and probably a few Steam/PSN/XBLA games. I guess it's gonna be worth it to get great games and probably for Vita sales, but my wallet weeps...
What games? Persona 4: The Golden, Sleeping Dogs, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, Retro City Rampage, and Jet Set Radio HD are what I'm getting for certain. I'll buy Ragnarok Odyssey if people here really enjoy it and I can kill generic Ragnarok monsters with my favorite Vita owners (Viters?).

Edit: Hitman: Absolution too.

kiyomi

What games? Persona 4: The Golden, Sleeping Dogs, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, Retro City Rampage, and Jet Set Radio HD are what I'm getting for certain. I'll buy Ragnarok Odyssey if people here really enjoy it and I can kill generic Ragnarok monsters with my favorite Vita owners (Viters?).

Question not aimed at me, but hey. These games are the ones for me this year.

Plus definitely SoundShapes and JSR, maybe LBP. And I still have to get hold of MGS HD too.

I don't know much about Sega All-Stars or RCR..? Have I been asleep?

DSGamer

Neo Member
Random thought. If you haven't already give Hot Shots Tennis a try. This was a late PSP game that actually is quite good. I like it better than most of the Camelot Mario Tennis games.

spats

Random thought. If you haven't already give Hot Shots Tennis a try. This was a late PSP game that actually is quite good. I like it better than most of the Camelot Mario Tennis games.

I bought it on a whim and it became propably my favourite sports game ever. It's really fun.

Don't even start with the backlog issue. I've bought quite a few PSP games for my Vita and... I've barely touched one. ;_;

Fanny pack?

I'm only counting October, so:

Vita
Jet Set Radio HD
Street Fighter x Tekken
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Persona 4 Golden

PS360
Phantom Breaker
RE6
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed III
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Unsure on system
PASBR - leaning towards PS3 purchase first unless a double pack is available

This isn't counting games without a release date/not coming in October. I'll probably trim the fat(Dishonored and SFxT will leave the list first, for example) but it's a rough copy of what my October buys will be.

EDIT: i'm missing a few but can't decide on what they are

branny

I don't even think I'll have money for games in October. September is going to kill my wallet. :(

I'm still debating the 3DS version or the Vita version, what do you guys think? I'll probably go with the Vita version if only to add to Vitas software sales!
The Japanese demo for Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita kinda sucked. I didn't like how sluggish/finicky the menu was, and the whole thing looked horrible compared to other Vita games. It really seems like a lazy port from the 3DS version. I don't have the full version of the game (nor am I interested in it at all to begin with), but I'd say go 3DS based solely on that demo. You could check it out yourself if you don't mind going on a safari to the JP PSN store.

I'll just say that if Sega does as good a job of JSR Vita as they did with VT4, I don't mind waiting.

Oh, and on the subject of being weak, I've got £36 on my PSN just waiting to be spent. I get this close to pressing 'buy now' on FFIV: CC. It asks for my password and I turn the Vita off...

Really should have bought it when it was on sale..

Skyzard

Banned
I've been putting off calculating about how much I'll have to save for October but it's going to be real bad. Should probably do that. It' tempting to wait for possible christmas sales for some of the others though.

@corrosivefrost Sine Mora release date still not announced apparently but was supposed to be this summer.

@lunch I don't understand why vita JSR was delayed either. Hopefully it is just to iron things out but I'm excited. Recently got a quick fix with the dreamcast version. That camera mapping will come in handy.

@MarshMellow96 You could buy crash bandicoot 1-3 + ctr and have £20 spare for sound shapes next week and maybe mgs while it's on sale? [in prep for psone classics of course] - I assume you already picked up 7-9..maybe grab legend of dragoon or xenogears if they're out with the spare change.

Vossler

Quick question. If I have a Dissidia 012 Duodecim save game on a psp memory card, can I purchase Dissidia from the store, download it onto the Vita, and then transfer my save somehow?

Famassu

Quick question. If I have a Dissidia 012 Duodecim save game on a psp memory card, can I purchase Dissidia from the store, download it onto the Vita, and then transfer my save somehow?
If you buy Dissidia 012, sure. I think there might be intructions for that in the OP

Skyzard

Banned

Easily using backup manager. PS3 would make it even simpler.

drag and drop from psp? or backup the memory file to pc - move it in the vita sync folder and and use content manager assistant to transfer it from pc to vita. Pretty sure it works with most/all psp games (from the same region ?).

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yep, just transfer the save to your computer or PS3 and use Content Manager to transfer that save to your Vita. Keep in mind that before you transfer your save, you need to make a new save file on your Vita first, and then replace it with your preexisting save.

Edit: Beaten!

Ran rp

Backing up the memory card is my favorite part of the Vita experience. 11% complete and only 107... 108... 109 minutes left!

branny

I went overboard before the Vita released and created around, oh, 1100 or so wallpapers. It taught me day one that transferring to the Vita from your computer is incredibly slow, and that there is a limit on the amount of files you can transfer over before you get an error (I can't remember what it was--I think 500 or 700 or something like that). Lol.

Skyzard

Banned
Modnation RT had a corrupt save file*, backing up took 3 hours - just to delete the save/dlc bundled file that was slowing loading times majorly.

*from downloading too many mods.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I went overboard before the Vita released and created around, oh, 1100 or so wallpapers. It taught me day one that transferring to the Vita from your computer is incredibly slow, and that there is a limit on the amount of files you can transfer over before you get an error (I can't remember what it was--I think 500 or 700 or something like that). Lol.
What.

zroid

Banned
Surprisingly, I'm all-clear for the rest of the year as far as consoles go.

Just two Wii games and that's it:
- The Last Story (next week)
- Kirby's Dream Collection (September)

Not a single PS3 game! o_o
kind of want AssCreed3, but not day 1... that's a ~$20 purchase for me

On the other hand... I'm OVERFLOWING with Vita and 3DS stuff:

Vita
- New Little King's Story
- Persona 4 Golden
- Zero Escape (might get for 3DS)
- LittleBigPlanet Vita (maybe)

3DS/DS
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Pokemon Black 2
- Professor Layton 5
- Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (maybe)
- Code of Princess (maybe)

Oh, yeah... and Wii U...

Beast780

The Japanese demo for Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita kinda sucked. I didn't like how sluggish/finicky the menu was, and the whole thing looked horrible compared to other Vita games. It really seems like a lazy port from the 3DS version. I don't have the full version of the game (nor am I interested in it at all to begin with), but I'd say go 3DS based solely on that demo. You could check it out yourself if you don't mind going on a safari to the JP PSN store.

That's unfortunate, I'll reserve on 3DS and if the Vita version turns out better I'll just grab that version instead on release day.

Skyzard

Banned
On the other hand... I'm OVERFLOWING with Vita and 3DS stuff:

Vita
- New Little King's Story
- Persona 4 Golden
- Zero Escape
- LittleBigPlanet Vita (maybe)

Anyone in the beta know if the game feels more responsive to control then the first one (LBP1)? It wasn't locoroco bad, but hardly super meat boy's low latency feel.

zroid

Banned
Anyone in the beta know if the game feels more responsive to control then the first one (LBP1)?

Do you mean LBP1 as opposed to LBP2? I thought they felt the same, pretty much. I doubt the "feel" of the game will change on Vita, that's just how LBP is.

Sid

For me the rest of the year has:
Little big planet vita
Assassin's creed:liberation
Cod black ops:declassified(if it's good obviously)
Rayman Legends(if it gets a vita version)

Anyone in the beta know if the game feels more responsive to control then the first one (LBP1)? It wasn't locoroco bad, but hardly super meat boy's low latency feel.
Controlled like lbp2 though a bit less floaty i think

There's an NDA on it, maybe somebody else is braver than me.
The nda was lifted i'm pretty sure on that

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I don't even think I'll have money for games in October. September is going to kill my wallet. :(

You did play 999 right?

It felt like the same game to me...
Visuals were simple and clean because it's really not a game that will push any hardware, including 3DS.

branny

you made 1100 wallpapers

that is insane
The folder I still have on my computer is at 1077 files. The vast majority of it is just random things (official art, fanart, photos) resized to Vita resolution. I was planning to rar it for GAF but realized there may be too much objectionable content in it (or stuff completely unrelated to PSP and Vita), so I decided against doing so.

I ended up settling on those transparent Persona 4 PNGs for my theme, anyway. My lock screen is the only thing I change, usually between this and this.

You did play 999 right?

It felt like the same game to me...
Visuals were simple and clean because it's really not a game that will push any hardware, including 3DS.
The menu was really annoying to me in the Vita demo. It'd be easier to deal with on a second screen like how it was in 999. My point about how the game looked was less about the kind of game it is and more about there not being much of a loss playing it on 3DS instead of Vita in order to avoid the menu problems I was having. I'd recommend anyone interested to check out the JP demo themselves, though.

Skyzard

Banned
Do you mean LBP1 as opposed to LBP2? I thought they felt the same, pretty much. I doubt the "feel" of the game will change on Vita, that's just how LBP is.

Never played 2, should have mentioned..it felt the same as 2 or 1&2 felt the same?

Controlled like lbp2 though a bit less floaty i think

Less floaty is definitely good - got a bit worried it was from the videos, but if anyone remembers whether 2 improved on 1's control responsiveness at all? Didn't see any stuttering at least thankfully, how about in game for you guys?

@MarshMellow96 You could buy crash bandicoot 1-3 + ctr and have £20 spare for sound shapes next week and maybe mgs while it's on sale? [in prep for psone classics of course] - I assume you already picked up 7-9..maybe grab legend of dragoon or xenogears if they're out with the spare change.

I've already got Crash 3, CTR, Metal Gear, FF V, VI (physical), VII, VIII and IX! I've also got Xenogears, Dino Crisis and Legend of Mana through my US account but we all know how that works. I've not played much of Crash 1+2 so I might check them out sometime soon. I'm on an RPG binge currently... Might just wait for the update next week and see if there's any decent PSP games on sale.

Skyzard

Banned
Ah nice, seems like you ps one covered pretty well! I played one and not the others but heard good things about all three..not sure if you can work backwards as well through the series as you can from 1->2->3

There is chrono trigger*/cross as well I think for the rpgs..grandia?

I'm waiting on the sale actually as well for the more expensive psone classics, £4 is quite a nice price.

*something about a problem with load times with this one actually, could check out lunar aswell.

Ah nice, seems like you ps one covered pretty well! I played one and not the others but heard good things about all three..not sure if you can work backwards as well through the series as you can from 1->2->3

Well there's one way to find out! They're not too bad at £4 or however much they are..

There is chrono trigger/cross as well I think for the rpgs..grandia?

I don't think CT/CC are on EU PSN, so I probably won't bother with them for the time being. Sucks not being able to have multiple accounts on the Vita..

Vossler

Am I not the only one who is shocked that more NAOMI-Dreamcast ports are not availble on the vita? Outtrigger, House of the Dead, etc? Seems like the perfect platform, and definitely has the power, right?

Sega has left alot of old arcade catalog in general unported.

Seems like an opportunity to make money on already developed games, but what do I know.

Sid

Brilliant! the doomsayers have managed to turn each and every thread about the vita into sales age and a long essay of how nintendo shits over sony..wtf?I hope the unannounced games todd papy referred to will be announced at gamescom

Sid

Never played 2, should have mentioned..it felt the same as 2 or 1&2 felt the same?

Less floaty is definitely good - got a bit worried it was from the videos, but if anyone remembers whether 2 improved on 1's control responsiveness at all? Didn't see any stuttering at least thankfully, how about in game for you guys?
Lbp2 made it tighter and the vita version improves a bit more on that though in game it runs amazingly well and looks exactly like lbp2 with super sharp image quality

branny

Sega has left alot of old arcade catalog in general unported.

Seems like an opportunity to make money on already developed games, but what do I know.
They got ahead of themselves doing that with PSP games. I'd love for them to revisit all their arcade titles, especially since some of the game compilations we got (like Crazy Taxi) had serious concessions.

I'd love to see both Outtrigger and Outrun again. And we still don't have an arcade-perfect VF2 port yet--Saturn version was the closest thing. :(

They got ahead of themselves doing that with PSP games. I'd love for them to revisit all their arcade titles, especially since some of the game compilations we got (like Crazy Taxi) had serious concessions.

I'd love to see both Outtrigger and Outrun again. And we still don't have an arcade-perfect VF2 port yet--Saturn version was the closest thing. :(

I would love it if with their new digital everything initiative, they can dig into the arcade back catalog and get them on Vita when appropriate. Outtrigger would be awesome. Another outrun. Also all the old model 2 and 3 racing games. Scud Race would be awesome as well on Vita I would think.

Plus all the light gun games that could be ported to Move or Wii.

You bring up VF2. That would be great. Maybe dig up Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx as well, for ports, and for experimenting with new mechanics with those 2 IPs.

I personally would love a VF5:FS port as well.

IDK, I love Sega arcade games. I wish they would do something.

They seem perfect for a handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom