• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a master list on CAG

Pac-Man CE is one of the few that doesn't work, apparently. This mini isn't DX, mind, which I think most will agree is the better game.

Don't know if in USA and other regions is different, but here in Europe you can buy Pac-Man CE mini directly from the Vita store, so it's clearly working. Actually I have it on my Vita and I think it looks great

Doombear

In the process of creating a full set of P4A screens for my Vita, here are a few that I have done as they look on my Vita.

If anyone would want the pack, let me know and I will post once I finish the others. I have about 5 or so done at this point. I really just am in love with the design of P4 and PFA... and I thought that the glorious artwork Atlus has out there lent itself well to the project.

ihfv4HE97QH8B.jpg

In the process of creating a full set of P4A screens for my Vita, here are a few that I have done as they look on my Vita.

If anyone would want the pack, let me know and I will post once I finish the others. I have about 5 or so done at this point. I really just am in love with the design of P4 and PFA... and I thought that the glorious artwork Atlus has out there lent itself well to the project.
Yes please! I currently have the official P4G set from the Japanese website but those look much, much better suited to the Vita. If you're feeling up to it sometime I'd love to see you try your hand at some P3 ones as well. Great stuff!

Shai-Tan

Banned
So I'm loving Mortal Kombat more than i ever thought I would...the bonus challenge tower is really fun.

Same here, haven't put it down, best 10 bucks spent so far and I really want to buy Soundshapes right after,

I couldn't get into any other fighting game outside of messing with friends in vs mode and I think MK is my favorite Vita title. I finished story mode yesterday - maybe now I won't feel like such a tard on some of the challenge levels :)

mshlive

Finally hit 100% on Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! Everybody needs to get this game, so good..

The day I finish it Rayman Origins turns up in the post too, more platforming goodness just in time for Sound Shapes (EU) next week.

Vita has no games, and yet ive managed to develop a backlog :(

Shai-Tan

Banned
Finally hit 100% on Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! Everybody needs to get this game, so good..

The day I finish it Rayman Origins turns up in the post too, more platforming goodness just in time for Sound Shapes (EU) next week.

Maybe I've played too many platformers with puzzles recently because I felt kind of meh playing Mutant Blobs Attack. I think I will like Rayman more because there is less of a focus on collecting stuff. I also felt the levels in Mutant Blobs Attack looked too random. It would have been nice if they made a little more sense outside of the gameplay objectives.

StuBurns

Banned
I was actually surprised how much sense MBA makes in it's level progression, it actually took me a while to even realize I was Katamaring up over time, not restarting every level.

mshlive

Maybe I've played too many platformers with puzzles recently because I felt kind of meh playing Mutant Blobs Attack. I think I will like Rayman more because there is less of a focus on collecting stuff. I also felt the levels in Mutant Blobs Attack looked too random. It would have been nice if they made a little more sense outside of the gameplay objectives.

Initially I would agree about MBA not making sense, but for me it just clicked after a few levels and I enjoyed the setting and like Stu said I was surprised too.

Skyzard

Banned
We may be getting a lot of indie stuff on the Vita before it's over. 3DS too. You may be out of luck.

There are 2 more that I can think of (indie platformers) - guacamole and that new one I heard about - Knytt Stories/ underground.

While I don't mind having many platformers (with small file sizes especially) I have nothing against indie in general, in fact I'm really hoping we get quite a few more ports.

Dyad in particlular at the moment. I tried the demo on PS3 but it didn't hook me as I thought it would - I think owning a vita spoils you like that - super lazy gamer. It had decently fun gameplay and visuals but I was just sour about it not being in my hands.

I don't even care about my bashed up iPhone, used to organise that so carefully with my games etc. Now its meh.

-----=---=-=-

@Dantis [Sound Shapes] if you don't use the level editor there are still other levels to download and try (when you're online). I haven't had a chance to play it but I've heard the actual game is a bit short. I'm still picking it up as the level editor looks really cool - easy 50-100 hour time sink - even if I don't get messing with it straight away - it will be too fun not to have. I'm sure there will be DLC as well, seems like that game isn't doing too bad sales wise. --- hoping for Klaypex here. Pendulum would be ok too. IGN said 3 hours to play through, but that probably wash't including death mode. The trophies also add replayability/more challenge but be warned the extra modes can be quite hard/frustrating or so I've read.

-----

I think when people say vita has no games they mostly just mean their favourite hasn't come out (yet) which is pretty silly. Tonnes of good games if you are open to them. Huge backlog here - even had to start transferring games I wasn't done with..:( I know the vita has quite a few genre holes...but it's also filled up quite a lot in the short time it's been out, especially come october. don't think that will change it's sales situation by then but for the vita gamers...no problems (other than GAF slamming vita).

So I'm loving Mortal Kombat more than i ever thought I would...the bonus challenge tower is really fun.

Sometimes.
Sometimes that bonus challenge tower is utter bullshit. I think #62 or so was a total jerkdish. Freddie with no arms so all you can do is teleport, jump kick, and 1 or 2 target combos? What a pain.

But the test your slice levels are fantastic. And playing as Shao Kahn is usually pretty fun. :)

Skyzard

Banned
Mini-game 62? Wow nice, ah yes I remember hearing it had like 100 or so which is pretty insane once you think about it.

You guys in the US with that $10 deal are very lucky. I was just checking ebay for a decent price. I know people talk about the graphics and textures but it is 60fps. I used to the think so was UMvC3 but I heard it was actually running at 30.

If SF4 pulls of 60, looking the way it does (minus that quite small detail of the shadows like we discussed before), I'll be very impressed. It would get a lot of views and would improve the vitas prospects in my eyes (for capability - not all the games seem to be pushing the vita as far as they could - I hope (that's why anyway, I know MK9 is a different issue with UnrealEngine3 Vita...still sour about that too but meh, it's so early still, has time to improve to get us Batman Vita).

Sol1dus

I was actually surprised how much sense MBA makes in it's level progression, it actually took me a while to even realize I was Katamaring up over time, not restarting every level.

Yeah same here. The game is full of style. I love the "retro" level. If you know what I mean.

Skyzard

Banned
No clue actually, it would have been nice to get an idea of the level again when you hover over the number in the selection screen - replaying the odd levels is a pretty random process here. Not quite like Wipeout 2048's HD/fury campaign dlc (which changes the icon after completion so you have to click through each and every event).

Haliela

Few more days and COD Vita will be upon my eyes for the first time YEAAAAH.

Intrigued by this as well. Interested to know how close to the console versions they plan on making the online portion of the game. I'd love to have a full CoD multiplayer suite on the go. Would be rad.

Skyzard

Banned
Intrigued by this as well. Interested to know how close to the console versions they plan on making the online portion of the game. I'd love to have a full CoD multiplayer suite on the go. Would be rad.

Seems silly to say:

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...mises-a-true-call-of-duty-experience-on-vita/

"You can really expect us to deliver a true Call of Duty experience," Michael Sportouch, Activision's European VP and GM of the Santa Monica business unit, said of Declassified.

Just before set to showcase it....unless they have no gameplay footage out OR it is awesome! the pessimist in me is sure they have nothing atm.

Not sure about the multiplayer either...would make or break the title for me.

""Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita."

*shrugs* who knows...they are definitely showing something soon?

Is the PS1 emulator going to play all downloaded PS1 games out of the gate. . .or will Sony be allowing support on a game by game basis? I've heard both. If its the latter, Sony can do one. Allowing support for games in small batches is ridiculous.

Is the PS1 emulator going to play all downloaded PS1 games out of the gate. . .or will Sony be allowing support on a game by game basis? I've heard both. If its the latter, Sony can do one. Allowing support for games in small batches is ridiculous.

I'll be willing to bet Sony of Europe will do the former and Sony of America will do the latter, just like PSP support.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, but I found it interesting. (And a bit frustrating as well):

On the most recent Playstation blogcast, Nick Suttner mentioned in passing that PS1 support for Vita was coming "this fall." He was then corrected by Sid Shuman (I think it was Sid) that they were actually calling it "late summer." Now, to me, that sounds like September.

So don't count on the PS1 patch to come out during Gamescom.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm not expecting it during the convention but someone did mention "insider information" saying it was end of this month...September isn't far away either so not too bothered. Just glad it is around the corner finally....hopefully.

Hope you guys get wide-spread support in the US as well, I heard it was going to be like that at least. Didn't know the PSP was different in EU/US that seems dodgy.

Lol and IndieJones...you're not wrong, I wouldn't be too surprised if we did have to do that, at least for a while. Would hurt sales if they did that so maybe they'll put in the extra effort now that they know the Vita needs it.

Benedict

I lost part of my docking charger for Vita during my holiday trip. It's the black rectangular part, transformator. What is the cheapest way to replace it? Buy a new dock?

I lost part of my docking charger for Vita during my holiday trip. It's the black rectangular part, transformator. What is the cheapest way to replace it? Buy a new dock?

Uh, I didn't think the dock came with anything but the dock.
If you're in the US, you can get one for $5 starting tomorrow at Bestbuy, if the CAG thread is accurate.

(The cradle is $5 as well, but the cable connecting Vita to USB is not included in either).

KAL2006

Banned
I have Final Fantasy 7-9, Crash Bandicoot 1-3 and Grandia ready.

I would like the following to be available on EU PS1 Classics:
Xenogears
Suikoden 1 and 2
Chrono Cross
Alundra
Breath of Fire IV
Vandal Hearts 1 and 2
Tomba
Klonoa
Ape Escape
Strider 2
Brave Fencer Musashi
Lunar Eternal Blue

Also still so many PSP games that need digital version:
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
FFVII: Crisis Core
Tales of Eternia
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Valkyrie Profile

Benedict

Uh, I didn't think the dock came with anything but the dock.
If you're in the US, you can get one for $5 starting tomorrow at Bestbuy, if the CAG thread is accurate.

(The cradle is $5 as well, but the cable connecting Vita to USB is not included in either).

I'm not in the US

Maybe it's just part of the charger cable then.

this part (not the cable):

huge.jpg

JoshHood

Out of all my PSP digital titles, the only ones I can't play on my Vita (UK/EU) are EA ones. EA customer support say its Sony's decision on what gets 'activated' and what doesn't but seems weird that they're the only publisher with games I can't play :/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Any new news in Ragnarok? Apparently and English version will be available in Hong Kong in a few weeks.
A North American release date still hasn't been announced, but considering that it's already the 11th of August, I don't think it's coming out in September.

|ync

You are in for a surprise

The worst post-NES FF excluding XIII.
that's

that's uncool ):

Don't know if this has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, but I found it interesting. (And a bit frustrating as well):

On the most recent Playstation blogcast, Nick Suttner mentioned in passing that PS1 support for Vita was coming "this fall." He was then corrected by Sid Shuman (I think it was Sid) that they were actually calling it "late summer." Now, to me, that sounds like September.

So don't count on the PS1 patch to come out during Gamescom.
Dream crusher!

Any new news in Ragnarok? Apparently and English version will be available in Hong Kong in a few weeks.

No American release yet, but the Hong Kong version apparently comes with some of the DLC and it's in full English.

kiyomi

Went into an online lobby for Everybody's Golf last night. Either I misread or it really is like this, but there were roughly ~80 people. Guessing that's just Europe though. Still it's pretty miserable.

When I actually got into the lobby, it was.. weird. What's with the child avatars lol? I ended up clothing my guy in a miniskirt and giving him a toothbrush moustache for sillies. I couldn't figure out how to actually play golf. There were people sleeping, people kicking a football, people jumping on ice cream trucks, but no golf. After 10 minutes of stupidly running around like an idiot I signed up to a tournament and we had 30 people in it, the maximum.

Played 9 holes, finished 16th out of 27 (quitters), there was quite a friendly chatter about our golfing escapades.

If it wasn't for the fact you need to wait 100 seconds between holes, even if everybody's finished the hole, I'd play more of it. Not bad.

Ponn

Banned
Like I already said, because its a handheld PS3, in my hand, freeing up my TV and portable to boot. That may not be a reason for everyone but as people experience more and more it will be. Mark my words, you will have people mocking that saying whatever but as soon as Nintendo fans get a Wii U and start playing games on the pad only it will suddenly become "OMG!! Why didn't anyone else think about this its the future so awesome!!" Just because its a portable doesn't mean i'm required to only play it outside my house or the games have to be a specific type of quick play experiences. I would wager the majority of Vita and 3DS gaming is done at home, especially for GAF.

I've never quoted myself before but I woke up this morning to see the new Wii U thread about the pad and cutting out the TV. *cough*toldyaso*cough* And it's not even out yet, just wait.

brentech

Thought I'd drop a line about this.

People here may have seen my post saying I was intrigued by Sound Shapes just because of word of mouth, but watching the videos it didn't make much sense to me.

Being a PS+ member, I figured I'd give it a go since we get a few bucks off. Have only played like 7 campaign levels and already a believer. In the video I didn't understand how music came into play because I thought you had to move to it or something.......not at all. Music is basically the coins of a mario world. Collect the coins and it adds notes.

Plays really well and is quite enjoyable really. I don't try to be fast at all right now, just enjoying the levels and the music in them.

Now a Sound Shapes believer.
-me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom