• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoylAsult

so what are some of your opinions on lego batman 2? i just recently purchased it for 12$ and now im wondering if it was worth it.

I think ill enjoy it but im just curious what are some of your opinions on it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
so what are some of your opinions on lego batman 2? i just recently purchased it for 12$ and now im wondering if it was worth it.

I think ill enjoy it but im just curious what are some of your opinions on it.
Another user bought it and said that it was a port of the 3DS version, with low-res cutscenes, poor image quality, and the lack of an open world to boot, so I think most people have been scared off of it.

Koroviev

Another user bought it and said that it was a port of the 3DS version, with low-res cutscenes, poor image quality, and the lack of an open world to boot, so I think most people have been scared off of it.

I don't think that's the validation he was looking for.

cyborg009

Banned
New-ish slient hill book of memories screens

screen_41.jpg
screen_27.jpg

I heard in a interview with the developer and it seems like they know what they're doing. They even impress jim sterling

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...-new-screens-you-will-probably-still-hate-it/

Also new to GAF and I love the crap out of my launch Vita but it's just heartbreaking to watch Sony send this thing out to die. Here's hoping they get their shit together soon (lolsob).

Anyway, just finished PulzAR last night and for $2 it's a complete steal. Futzing about with AR cards isn't exactly my idea of a fun times but PulzAR's puzzles made the hassle worth it. I took a lot of screenshots of meteors falling around my apartment too, which was a neat little gimmick :)

Carl

Love drift. Hate supercars so far. Haven't played it in a bit.

Yeah i hate them too. They handle like complete shit. Eurgh.

I need to continue Motorstorm RC sometime.
It's fun, but some of those par times... @_@

Some of them are pretty ridiculous, but none are completely stupid. This is the first Motorstorm game i platinumed, so they can't be that hard. I usually suck at Motorstorm games.

Anyway, just finished PulzAR last night and for $2 it's a complete steal. Futzing about with AR cards isn't exactly my idea of a fun times but PulzAR's puzzles made the hassle worth it. I took a lot of screenshots of meteors falling around my apartment too, which was a neat little gimmick :)

Couldn't agree more, i love that game. Definitely my favourite of the AR games so far. The puzzles are fun and it works really well as an AR game. I have no problem paying for them when they're as fun as this :)

Cloudy

Banned
Sony better start doing something soon, because with no retail games coming out until August 28th, sales can only go down.

iKOtbGhT7PqdQ.png

The early adopters will hate it but maybe it's time for a more aggressive discount? Then again, the hardware's not really the problem. In today's ADD society, you just can't compete with an N64-style release schedule >_<.

Where are all the 3rd parties?

So what do I need to do to take my PSN account off a vita so it's not connected anymore? Do I reformat the memory card, or is it in the options somewhere?
You can format the card or go to Settings -> Playstation Network -> System Activation and deactivate everything. Then just restore your PSVita system to delete your ID off of the system.

The early adopters will hate it but maybe it's time for a more aggressive discount? Then again, the hardware's not really the problem. In today's ADD society, you just can't compete with an N64-style release schedule >_<.

Where are all the 3rd parties?

If it gets more people buying and more 3rd party support, I wouldn't mind.

Has there been any concrete word on whether or not New Little King's Story is getting a retail release in Europe (as opposed to PSN-only)? I'd consider importing for a physical copy if Europe gets one. And does anyone know if NLKS is a reimagining of the first game or a sequel to it? I've read conflicting accounts on that point and I'm definitely more interested if it's a remake than if it's a sequel (never got around to playing the Wii game).

Couldn't agree more, i love that game. Definitely my favourite of the AR games so far. The puzzles are fun and it works really well as an AR game. I have no problem paying for them when they're as fun as this :)
Still can't believe that they only charged two bucks for it. I hope it sold well and they release DLC packs in the future, I'd happily pay for more puzzles.

The early adopters will hate it but maybe it's time for a more aggressive discount?
Honestly, as an early adopter I would welcome a price drop with open arms. The Vita is worth $250 to me so I don't mind having paid that much, and if a price drop is what the system needs to move units and create the kind of install base that will ensure developer support, I'm all for it.

Okay, Disgaea 3 is ridiculous. It's taken me quite a few hours (probably 6-8), but now I'm completely hooked. If you lot have been looking for a lengthy, sticky Vita game, this is it.

Yea, I am hooked to Disgaea 3 at about the same hour count. The only thing troubling me is that I have not created any characters and I am on chapter 3. Does anyone know if I should bother creating characters?

I see myself sinking a lot of time into this game. Hopefully it will last me until Persona 4 for my handheld RPG fix.

Carl

Still can't believe that they only charged two bucks for it. I hope it sold well and they release DLC packs in the future, I'd happily pay for more puzzles.

Seems to have been in the "top sellers" list since release. Whether that means it has sold well or not is anyone's guess, though. Was made by an indie (with help from XDEV) so presumably didn't cost a lot to make. Hopefully it did well enough for some DLC to be released.

Kazerei

Banned
Yea, I am hooked to Disgaea 3 at about the same hour count. The only thing troubling me is that I have not created any characters and I am on chapter 3. Does anyone know if I should bother creating characters?

I see myself sinking a lot of time into this game. Hopefully it will last me until Persona 4 for my handheld RPG fix.

Nah, the story characters and generic characters you start with are more than enough.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Character creation is actually want pulled me in. I'm aiming to unlock the Ninja and Masked Hero classes tomorrow.

patsu

Sony better start doing something soon, because with no retail games coming out until August 28th, sales can only go down.

http://i.minus.com/iKOtbGhT7PqdQ.png

If we already know sales will go down because of a lack of new retail games until August, then it's a planning issue. Not a product issue.

Artificially inflating sales via short term promo should be sufficient.

For the mid-long term, I would focus on beefing up game line-up and quality, plus establishing new experiences (PS Mobile, Gaikai, PSN). The real battle is not this lull period. During this period, as long as their marketing can demonstrate Sony's strong commitment and that good things are coming, it should be fine.

They should reserve the big guns for Fall where MS, Apple, Nintendo, Google and even PS3 have big news. Vita will need its own stage and show boat at that time.

However they need to keep the crowd warm and engaged before show time.

El_Chino

Hey guys, I just recently purchased a Vita (wifi) and I seem to be having trouble with connecting it to my home network. It connected perfectly fine at my job's wifi but as soon as I get home, it refuses to connect aand I've done everything I could think of. Your help would be greatly appreciated Gaf :)

whitehawk

Banned
Honestly all they need is the COD:Black Ops game to be good. If it's comparable to the console versions, runs at 60fps then it will sell consoles. Even better if you could use the same account and level up on the Vita or PS3.

Also, I just got resistance retribution. Multiplayer in this game is god awful. Average framerate is 15-20fps. Embarrassing. If you can't manage 30fps, something is wrong. Especially if your game doesn't look as good as uncharted.

zinder

Hey guys, I just recently purchased a Vita (wifi) and I seem to be having trouble with connecting it to my home network. It connected perfectly fine at my job's wifi but as soon as I get home, it refuses to connect aand I've done everything I could think of. Your help would be greatly appreciated Gaf :)

It's probably because of the security settings on your router at home.

OmegaZero

Some of them are pretty ridiculous, but none are completely stupid. This is the first Motorstorm game i platinumed, so they can't be that hard. I usually suck at Motorstorm games.

Then again, I stopped playing it to plat WipEout. Maybe if I try now I'll find them easier. :b

Sheik

New-ish slient hill book of memories screens

I heard in a interview with the developer and it seems like they know what they're doing. They even impress jim sterling

I've been indifferent to this game because I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. Might pick it up after release if it gets some good reviews and I like the gameplay videos. However, those screens look pretty terrible. The UI :S.

hyogen

Neo Member
Hungry giraffe has gotten more play than any other game for vita so far..haha, anyone else have it? Best couple bucks I've spent on psn

Rated 9.5/10 on pspminis.com

patsu

Iacobellis

Anybody know any good holders or cases that can hold a bunch of the actual game cards?

This is the biggest one I found and I'd rather get one that holds more than 12.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VE44A6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This one goes above and beyond the job. I would only get it if you're willing to keep the Vita in a separate bag.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Pull-Folio-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JTY/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1342328124&sr=1-8&keywords=vita+case

Sol1dus

Dunno if I'm the only one that's noticed this but, whenever I play MK Vita, the sound is really quiet. Its fine for other games and I can hear them clearly but whenever I play MK I have to use earphones because I can't hear anything coming from the speakers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Dunno if I'm the only one that's noticed this but, whenever I play MK Vita, the sound is really quiet. Its fine for other games and I can hear them clearly but whenever I play MK I have to use earphones because I can't hear anything coming from the speakers.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Did you adjust the volume in the settings? I believe it's a few notches below maximum by default.

This might sound stupid, but I cover up the speakers when I play Mortal Kombat, but I never had an issue while playing Gravity Rush or Rayman. I've thought the sound cut out when I was really just smothering the speakers, so it's possible you're doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom