• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got an email from amazon and looks like the release date has been push back

Sigh. My worries are probably true - they're dancing around a solid release date until it slips into next year. Why are so many games so damn scared of the stupid CoD hype train? I'm pretty sure most of us Vita owners just want more games and predominantly play on our Vitas over other stuff (or at least a big amount) so naturally, an awesome game like RO would be much welcomed. I'm wondering if New King's Story will even be released this year.

Kazzy

Whaaat? I haven't been getting any because I'm awful at the game, but it doesn't even have a platinum?

Nope, but there isn't any real difficulty associated with getting the trophies. The story missions all have a generous time-limit, and you'll only need a guide if you can't track down the last few curios, cousins & presents.

The two final trophies for getting all of the King's fashion items are horrendous though, nothing but a huge time-sink, well unless you exploit the candy trick. If you have any interest in rounding off that trophy list, I suggest that you look into it.

That said, it's still one of my favourite Vita games. It just pops on dat screen, and the music is fantastic; it's quirkiness still does it for me.

Rasec

Well XSEED told in siliconera site that they still haven't a fixed release date for Ragnarok.
That was why i'm thinking in importing to europe the HK version that comes out this month.

Hmm, by the way the cheapest i can find to import a 32gb memory card with shipping already included is 71 euros.

It's 20 € cheaper than a new one but i'm still deciding since I'll have to pay "Project Diva f", i wanted to get "Dj Max Tecnika limited edition" and support on kickstart the "Giana Sisters" game reboot and 25th anniversary homage.
So many decisions T_T xP

test_account

XP-39C²
If i'm not mistaken to get the secret level you have to beat the game and then go into the credits screen to type this in:
X, X, Square, O, O, O, Triangle

And here i go to finally try God Eater Burst on my vita. Hope it's cool.
Thanks for the info :) That did indeed unlock a secret level, but after completing it, it still says 48/49 levels complete :\

Rasec

Thanks for the info :) That did indeed unlock a secret level, but after completing it, it still says 48/49 levels complete :\

That's weird. Try to contact the team behind the game.
I'll try to finish the game soon on my vita and i'll see if the same occurs to me.

Skyzard

Banned
Wow t_a played quite a lot of Puddle (also thanks for the last level info - seems a little strange it would be a code). I finally skipped by the lagfest of the second world and got to the beaker section which is so cool, as is the nitro - recaptures my interest in the game.

When it lags it becomes really difficult to know how fast the liquid is moving and when to change the rotation direction....I just feel like throwing in the towel, but without it...the game is pretty great! Hoping there isn't more to come but I remember someone mentioning another level/group of levels that lag as well so lets see..

Btw - in sound shapes's level builder, can you set the paths of the enemies yourself? You see in the campaign the enemies move in certain patterns, is it possible to create something like that yourself, something like setting the direction of the enemies/attacking angle?

I know I'm probably batting for zero here, but what're the chances of EDF3 portable coming over here? It looks like a lot of fun and I've never played the original version. There's just a lot of Japanese Vita games that I want, but will probably never get localized so.. I guess I should finally learn Japanese or something ;(

Also - I'm probably not the only person who finds it hilarious that Sony announces PS1 support on Vita in bold letters saying "SUMMER" and yet.. here we are, almost at the end of August. I guess September is still summer for Sony. It's just funny how a new device comes out and it can't play digital versions of older games that work on the previous portable Playstation hardware.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Just as a refresher, what are the games they've shown?
Tomb Raider, Arc the Lad, JetMoto, and Final Fantasy VII. I have to imagine there will be more than those four.

I know I'm probably batting for zero here, but what're the chances of EDF3 portable coming over here? It looks like a lot of fun and I've never played the original version. There's just a lot of Japanese Vita games that I want, but will probably never get localized so.. I guess I should finally learn Japanese or something ;(
I think there's a better chance of us getting EDF3 Portable than the past two portable versions considering the original game was already released in North America, but that's not saying much.

Mzo

Tomb Raider, Arc the Lad, JetMoto, and Final Fantasy VII. I have to imagine there will be more than those four.
From everything I've heard the PS1 games they had playing on Vita at E3 were using the PSP's PS1 emulator, right down to the same initial warning screen that mentioned the PSP by name. It also did not offer the ability to use analog control, something that was missing from the PSP emu but I assume would be implemented in the Vita one?

If I can't use the analog sticks to properly play a PS1 game like the PSP could never do, I don't even want it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
From everything I've heard the PS1 games they had playing on Vita at E3 were using the PSP's PS1 emulator, right down to the same initial warning screen that mentioned the PSP by name. It also did not offer the ability to use analog control, something that was missing from the PSP emu but I assume would be implemented in the Vita one?

If I can't use the analog sticks to properly play a PS1 game like the PSP could never do, I don't even want it.
What do you mean by that? The PS1 emulator could use the PSP's analog nub as a control scheme, but it seems like you're referring to something else.

onQ123

maddennfl13playstationvitabundle-1024x1024.jpg

Madden bundle

Mzo

What do you mean by that? The PS1 emulator could use the PSP's analog nub as a control scheme, but it seems like you're referring to something else.
Maybe you should try it again. You can map the dpad to the nub, but you can't play a game using an analog control scheme. It's pretty glaring in something like the original Parasite Eve.

spannicus

I want that new Wild Blood GameLoft game on my Vita or something similar. It's cool what Game Loft can do graphically for IOS and Android. I wish more Vita games looked as good as some of Game Lofts rip offs lol.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Maybe you should try it again. You can map the dpad to the nub, but you can't play a game using an analog control scheme. It's pretty glaring in something like the original Parasite Eve.
Oh, I didn't know that. I literally never used the analog nub on my PSP because I found it incredibly uncomfortable, so I played Parasite Eve with the d-pad anyway. That's incredibly unfortunate.

I want that new Wild Blood GameLoft game on my Vita or something similar. It's cool what Game Loft can do graphically for IOS and Android. I wish more Vita games looked as good as some of Game Lofts rip offs lol.
It'll look nice at full res on iPad, but come on, it's Epic Citadel all over again. Baked lighting, circle shadows where the little dynamic shadowing actually does occur, and (as per Gameloft) laughably bad animation.

The gains in mobile tech are exciting, but the limited budgets these games get will ensure that they remain far behind the best (or even mid-tier) of what Vita offers graphically.

(The sad thing is that if this $5.99 game were on Vita, it would probably be marked up to $40...)

Mzo

Oh, I didn't know that. I literally never used the analog nub on my PSP because I found it incredibly uncomfortable, so I played Parasite Eve with the d-pad anyway. That's incredibly unfortunate.
I beat the game with the dpad, too, but last year when I went home for Christmas I was stuck in my parent's house, and the only system I left there was the PS1. I fired up Parasite Eve in keeping with the holiday spirit and I was blown away, blown the fuck away by how much better the game controls with the analog stick. I tried every option I could find and realized it was impossible on the PSP emulator. Sad Christmas.

spannicus

It'll look nice at full res on iPad, but come on, it's Epic Citadel all over again. Baked lighting, circle shadows where the little dynamic shadowing actually does occur, and (as per Gameloft) laughably bad animation.

The gains in mobile tech are exciting, but the limited budgets these games get will ensure that they remain far behind the best (or even mid-tier) of what Vita offers graphically.

(The sad thing is that if this $5.99 game were on Vita, it would probably be marked up to $40...)

Yes $40 for sure, I just want an adventure that will last a while. I'm getting tired of the small PSN games. Cant wait for Soul Sacrifice. Uncharted was great for my itch but the game has hardly any replay value.

Yes $40 for sure, I just want an adventure that will last a while. I'm getting tired of the small PSN games. Cant wait for Soul Sacrifice. Uncharted was great for my itch but the game has hardly any replay value.
NG:S is really the only game that might scratch that itch for you if you don't want to delve into the PSP back catalog. Lots of content, excellent (but tough) game.

I can't wait for Soul Sacrifice and PSO2. Those are the games I bought Vita for, not bite-sized appetizers like Sound Shapes. Hope we get lots more come TGS!

Sid

NG:S is really the only game that might scratch that itch for you if you don't want to delve into the PSP back catalog. Lots of content, excellent (but tough) game.

I can't wait for Soul Sacrifice and PSO2. Those are the games I bought Vita for, not bite-sized appetizers like Sound Shapes. Hope we get lots more come TGS!
Oh man i just checked out some more gameplay for soul sacrifice and it looks FREAKING NUTS! i don't even care for monster hunter but i want this game!

Raoh

Picked up the Nyko speaker stand.

Pros:
Light weight

good loud audio (Lumines: Electronic Symphony sounded absolutely amazing, good bass)

easy to hold for games not requiring the back touch pad

good viewing angle

line in jack is nice, I can plug in my ipad to it until I get some airplay speakers.

Cons:
No line out, meaning no headphone use, I'd like to have it propped up and use my headset for late nights, will have to use my bluetooth headset.

newer releases do not include remote it seems.

would be nice if the stand was itself rechargeable or used batteries as well.

While secure, you have to take off any cases to use it. I have the face cover that has to be removed before sitting it on the spearker stand.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've seen a few 3DS' in the wild. It's a shame Nintendo and Sony still think the only time you can advertise on TV is during the holidays.

Sure you can see them,but the thing is in the US and Europe the gaming handhelds are declining rapidly dying.

in my oil 3rd world country 3DS and PSVita are completely dead,not selling at all, kids here play with their iPhones and Galaxies S3.

Yeah, if vita psx emulator doesn't have TRUE analog this time around ....I ...I don't even know how I'll react

That being said, it don't know why'd they would omit it whe it already works via Remote Play just fine

test_account

XP-39C²
That's weird. Try to contact the team behind the game.
I'll try to finish the game soon on my vita and i'll see if the same occurs to me.
Thanks :) Yeah, maybe i'll send them a Twitter message. Not really a big deal, i'm just curious if there is one more level :)

Wow t_a played quite a lot of Puddle (also thanks for the last level info - seems a little strange it would be a code). I finally skipped by the lagfest of the second world and got to the beaker section which is so cool, as is the nitro - recaptures my interest in the game.

When it lags it becomes really difficult to know how fast the liquid is moving and when to change the rotation direction....I just feel like throwing in the towel, but without it...the game is pretty great! Hoping there isn't more to come but I remember someone mentioning another level/group of levels that lag as well so lets see..
Hehe, i actually havnt played it that much, maybe 4-5 hours i guess :) Personally i havnt really noticed any lag in the game, at least not from what i can remember. I'm working on gold medals now, got gold medal in the first two worlds done, almost done with the 3rd world. Some levels are quite difficult though.

brentech

Campaign mode of Sound Shapes is good, but the death mode where you earn trophies is more annoying than anything. Really the worst aspect of the game.

You can tell its prime for DLC

And making music is good too

Metalmarc

Dumb vita questions, as i should be getting uncharted vita bundle thursday-fri

1) can you turn off the touchpads/touchscreen features iv'e heard about, in games like uncharted? Or is it mandatory in most/all games? I want to get fifa & heard you have to shoot with touch screen :s

2) whats a good case to get? Hori?

3) whats the thing with the memory cards? Is the psn account locked to one memory card? I think im getting a 4gb card, but later when i can afford it i want at least a 16gb card

4) any accessory must haves?

Thanks for reading

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

1) can you turn off the touchpads/touchscreen features iv'e heard about, in games like uncharted? Or is it mandatory in most/all games? I want to get fifa & heard you have to shoot with touch screen :s

2) whats a good case to get? Hori?

3) whats the thing with the memory cards? Is the psn account locked to one memory card? I think im getting a 4gb card, but later when i can afford it i want at least a 16gb card

4) any accessory must haves?

Thanks for reading
1) You don't need to use the touchscreen for FIFA, or at least you don't in the demo.
3) You can switch accounts on one memory card (there are instructions on how to do so in the OP), but you won't be able to access any games and applications from another account.

It kind of was, haha. It's amazing playing it before bed, and looks so nice on the Vita's screen.
Dude. :( You're officially my least favorite member now.
I played the first Suikoden a year ago or so when it went up on PSN, and hearing everybody rave about Suikoden II makes me so jealous. I should probably move on and just pick up the PS2 games.

Kind of a weird question. I was going to play some Motorstorm offline later today because I'm going to be away from WIFI. Will my times get updated to the server when I get back home? Or will I have to set a new time?

Ok , I was playing sound shapes and then weird stuff happened and now my vita's database is corrupted. I selected to rebuild it and now it's been sitting here at 0% for close to an hr.It indicated to me that it will take hrs to rebuild but I'm still kinda paranoid, it isn't actually doing anything and i'm too scared to power off the vita and try again just yet.

I was wondering if anyone here has had to rebuild their vita's database and how long it took and if what I'm experiencing here is normal for this process.

test_account

XP-39C²

For Uncharted, most is optional. You can climb and shoot etc. with the controls only, just like any Uncharted games. There are some mandatory touch screen parts however, but nothing too major in the overall gameplay.

OmegaZero

Kind of a weird question. I was going to play some Motorstorm offline later today because I'm going to be away from WIFI. Will my times get updated to the server when I get back home? Or will I have to set a new time?

I think your times get updated whenever you connect to PSN. Not completely sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom