• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanman25

1) You don't need to use the touchscreen for FIFA, or at least you don't in the demo.
3) You can switch accounts on one memory card (there are instructions on how to do so in the OP), but you won't be able to access any games and applications from another account.

Dude. :( You're officially my least favorite member now.
I played the first Suikoden a year ago or so when it went up on PSN, and hearing everybody rave about Suikoden II makes me so jealous. I should probably move on and just pick up the PS2 games.

I love the PS2 iterations also. The entire series is a peach to play. No clue how or why Suikoden II isn't on the PSN yet, but hopefully at some point it arrives.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I love the PS2 iterations also. The entire series is a peach to play. No clue how or why Suikoden II isn't on the PSN yet, but hopefully at some point it arrives.
I think the game's bugs are well documented enough that Konami doesn't want to throw it up for digital distribution, but it would be great if somebody over there decided to be crazy and fix the game and make it available for download.

Alright thats it, Im importing this:

2230431-next_hatsune_miku_project_diva_logo.png

Never played any Hatsune Miku before but I love rythm games. Does it have any kind of story? Getting it through Play/Yes Asia.

Rasec

Thanks :) Yeah, maybe i'll send them a Twitter message. Not really a big deal, i'm just curious if there is one more level :)

Hehe, i actually havnt played it that much, maybe 4-5 hours i guess :) Personally i havnt really noticed any lag in the game, at least not from what i can remember. I'm working on gold medals now, got gold medal in the first two worlds done, almost done with the 3rd world. Some levels are quite difficult though.

I'm in the last level and it shows 47/49 so when finishing this i'll be in the same situation as you. Kinda weird. Really thought the secret level should count.
Well, the game for me had lag in the fertilizer and some parts of the nitroglicerine.

But after that nothing bad and game is really fun and i liked being something new and different to play

Damn, you're my hero xD
Gold on all game is something i won't do. Game is a little too tough to me and i'm only playing for the fun. xP

Rasec

Alright thats it, Im importing this:

2230431-next_hatsune_miku_project_diva_logo.png

Never played any Hatsune Miku before but I love rythm games. Does it have any kind of story? Getting it through Play/Yes Asia.

HEAVEN YEAH!!!!!! DO IT o/
I already have my pre ordered on amiami since they announce it xD
Nope, the game hasn't any story in general but some musics have their little video story.
And you have a lot of other things like costumes, AR stuff and also creating your levels.

This video gives a good ideia. there's one video with preview of 25 songs but i guess this shows more some extras of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSYSLU2TS1Q

Well i'm a huge rhythm game player. And the project diva games are in my top 3 rhythm games, but i'm suspicious since i love miku and i also produce digital music with her. xP
http://soundcloud.com/rasec46/welcome-to-the-dance-floor

But the sales of the PD games do show they're good

Rahk

I've been switching accounts with a single memory card, but it's an annoying process. Is there any advantage to having separate cards for each account, or is it still pretty much the same process? i.e. restoring the vita, running through set up etc.

I pretty much have to stick with the default wallpaper and then click the X's on the tutorials all the time because I switch too frequently.

HEAVEN YEAH!!!!!! DO IT o/
I already have my pre ordered on amiami since they announce it xD
Nope, the game hasn't any story in general but some musics have their little video story.
And you have a lot of other things like costumes, AR stuff and also creating your levels.

This video gives a good ideia. there's one video with preview of 25 songs but i guess this shows more some extras of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSYSLU2TS1Q

Well i'm a huge rhythm game player. And the project diva games are in my top 3 rhythm games, but i'm suspicious since i love miku and i also produce digital music with her. xP
http://soundcloud.com/rasec46/welcome-to-the-dance-floor

But the sales of the PD games do show they're good

Nice! How much does shipping cost on amiami? I'm also getting Djmax technica tune but there is still no Western releasedate. :/

OverHeat

« generous god »
Its getting harder and harder to not sell my Vita....come on Sony WoW me with games but maybe its just that Im not interested in a gaming handheld anymore.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm in the last level and it shows 47/49 so when finishing this i'll be in the same situation as you. Kinda weird. Really thought the secret level should count.
Well, the game for me had lag in the fertilizer and some parts of the nitroglicerine.

But after that nothing bad and game is really fun and i liked being something new and different to play

Damn, you're my hero xD
Gold on all game is something i won't do. Game is a little too tough to me and i'm only playing for the fun. xP
I see. It was a while since i played those levels, so maybe i forgot about it. Nothing too bad that stuck with me though.

Yeah, i dont know why it says 49 levels. Maybe the secret level is suppose to count, but it doesnt due to some bug, or they forgot to program it to count.

Hehe, honestly i doubt that i will get gold in every level. Some levels are fairly easy to get gold on i think, even some of the later ones. But then there are these levels that i've tried many, many times and i cant get more than silver.

So they DID change it and remove the memory card.

What the fuck Sony.
It is weird that it happened so soon after the E3 announcements. It was like 2-3 weeks after E3. I still think there might be a chance that they change it again.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I didnt know that the Madden bundle is out in only ~2 weeks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Its getting harder and harder to not sell my Vita....come on Sony WoW me with games but maybe its just that Im not interested in a gaming handheld anymore.

I'd say sell it now (there is a possible price cut announcement in gc so do it before it lost more value) and by then if they announced something new you can rebuy it for cheap when the new games hit(which will take months) .

Madden demo this week for the Vita. Awesome.

I had a friend who played it at E3 who said it played "like the ipad version" which then got twisted around as "they ported the ipad version." Which isn't true, of course. It's last year's version (which is why there's no transferring saves).

But then about a month ago Polygon said it was quite good. So we'll see.*

*For the record, I'd prefer it to be good than to have my source validated.

Sid

Madden demo this week for the Vita. Awesome.

I had a friend who played it at E3 who said it played "like the ipad version" which then got twisted around as "they ported the ipad version." Which isn't true, of course. It's last year's version (which is why there's no transferring saves).

But then about a month ago Polygon said it was quite good. So we'll see.*
*For the record, I'd prefer it to be good than to have my source validated.

Do you have any impressions from your sources of ac:l from e3?did it look clean and sharp and ran well?

Mzo

The AC adapter was $4.99 during the Best Buy sale this weekend, so I picked one up. Figured I could finally set up the cradle at home and have a cord for work... but the USB to Vita cable is not included. That's a separate purchase of $14.99.

Well played, Sony.

Do you have any impressions from your sources of ac:l from e3?did it look clean and sharp and ran well?

He didn't get to play it, but watched someone else play it, and he was majorly impressed. He said it was a bit framey, but so are most things at the show, but that it was a full fledged AC game and that it looks amazing on the OLED.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The AC adapter was $4.99 during the Best Buy sale this weekend, so I picked one up. Figured I could finally set up the cradle at home and have a cord for work... but the USB to Vita cable is not included. That's a separate purchase of $14.99.

Well played, Sony.

yeah that lame,but almost all Vita third party AC adapters give you the cable and they are cheaper too.

Oxn

I'd say sell it now (there is a possible price cut announcement in gc so do it before it lost more value) and by then if they announced something new you can rebuy it for cheap when the new games hit(which will take months) .

darn i was just about to bid on an ebay vita thats about to end in 1 hour. and then you got me thinking what if it does drop in price in a couple of days.

the thing about this specific auction is it includes all the games i want.

GR
MGS 3
Uncharted

with 8 gig mc.

and i believe i can get it for 200, atleast thats as high as i was willing to go.

sigh..........

demigod

Rasec

I see. It was a while since i played those levels, so maybe i forgot about it. Nothing too bad that stuck with me though.
Yeah, i dont know why it says 49 levels. Maybe the secret level is suppose to count, but it doesnt due to some bug, or they forgot to program it to count.
Hehe, honestly i doubt that i will get gold in every level. Some levels are fairly easy to get gold on i think, even some of the later ones. But then there are these levels that i've tried many, many times and i cant get more than silver.
Well, i guess that might be the problem. The secret isn't counting. Well, in case you ask them and you recieve an answer please tell me what they said.

And yes, what you said about the levels is true, some i really think i can get gold but others it would be too much headaches xD

Nice! How much does shipping cost on amiami? I'm also getting Djmax technica tune but there is still no Western release date. :/
I guess you're better staying in play-asia since in the month of august their shipping is free worldwide and technically PD comes in august.

I got it in amiami since i also ordered the Project diva accessory set for the vita and amiami has a poster and strap as bonus on the game.
If it wasn't for the so early pre-order i done and the little bonus i would go to play-asia.

I'm getting tempted by play-asia to pre-order Djmax but haven't decided it yet xP
I hardly see it getting released in europe until christmas. But that's me thinking xP

Sid

I have 6 vita games including uc and the framerate is fine in all of 'em i guess ac is framey coz it's still in development

Skyzard

Banned
Framey is very worrying. Even if it doesn't affect gameplay, I'm just going to completely avoid games that aren't must-buys, for me - that have some framerate slowdown. Enough already!

Let's see if the release is any different..

To Sid, framerate is shit in modnation (especially downloaded maps and non-time trial races - those level 3 weapons :/// ), moments of bad lag in puddle (as recently mentioned 2 stages), star drone extreme (when using a faster game speed then 2 or 3/10) - even though the (latter 2 only imo) are still decent and good games.....even some of the other games have dips but are more easy to get over/not as significant or prevalent.

But the vita doesn't have a stellar track record framerate stability for me, reminds me of the effort behind some PC games. Stardust dev has impressed me but I worry for every title that gets released. Seriously, every single one I'm thinking "really hoping this doesn't lag"....pretty annoying - more of a comment on devs pushing these games and considering it acceptable. Only a few games where I'd be ok with a bit of lag - JSR, Wipeout and GR. The rest, I don't enjoy playing enough to put up with how crippling frame stutter is for my immersion and frustrating for control .

I guess you're better staying in play-asia since in the month of august their shipping is free worldwide and technically PD comes in august.

I got it in amiami since i also ordered the Project diva accessory set for the vita and amiami has a poster and strap as bonus on the game.
If it wasn't for the so early pre-order i done and the little bonus i would go to play-asia.

I'm getting tempted by play-asia to pre-order Djmax but haven't decided it yet xP
I hardly see it getting released in europe until christmas. But that's me thinking xP

There is a Japanese and Asian version of Hatsune miku on PA but the Asian version is a lot cheaper. Does it come out on the same day as the Japanese version? It says August but no specific day. :/

Sid

Framey is very worrying. Even if it doesn't affect gameplay, I'm just going to completely avoid games that aren't must-buys, for me - that have some framerate slowdown. Enough already!

Let's see if the release is any different..

To Sid, framerate is shit in modnation, moments of bad lag in puddle, star drone extreme - even though the (latter 2 only imo) are ....
I said fr in games i own is fine including uc

Skyzard

Banned
I said fr in games i own is fine including uc

Right, it doesn't mean they are all fine...might not be just because AC is in development (which I HOPE it is) - is what I meant. Although he played it at e3 which was quite a while ago (preparing stable separate build for it especially - although not like it was a proper demo on the floor otherwise you'd expect more youtube videos to popup) so maybe yes! Thought he played it recently.

Sid

Right, it doesn't mean they are all fine...might not be just because AC is in development (which I HOPE it is) - is what I meant. Although he played it at e3 which was quite a while ago so maybe yes! Thought he played it recently.
Oh ok

Kazzy

Has anyone else played Yggdra Union? I only paid something ridiculously low for it, around $3 if I remember rightly, so I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it at this point. I would have enjoyed it more if the actual strategy element was more in depth, but that seems to be reserved for the needlessly convoluted menus and obtuse equipment system.

I have enjoyed it up until now, but after having reached the end of the second Chapter, it's all becoming a bit of a chore. How do the other SRPG's on the Vita compare?

Skyzard

Banned

Sorry, didn't meant to come off provocative in the first post, it's just I get a stick up my butt when I hear the topic of framerate and vita.

A lot don't see it and assume it is fine but for many of us it is super irritating and wasn't something that used to be as widespread as it seems to be these days. Modnation especially really left a sour taste after picking it up full-price and seeing floods of people talk about the issues with no fix - makes you think it should be expected / something to deal with. Fuck no. Will slag the game off till sales reach 0. Quality control...I was hoping it was just some of the early games with the issue...AC having it would really piss me off but yeah, that was E3, not even public demo. Still looking forward to it ;)

Skyzard

Banned
Well you were basically all lovey dovey, my vita is awesome no framerate issues...then I come in with a big finger, and go "errr no actually, some games are really shit. (leftover hatred) - so be on the look out!" which was an over-reaction.

Tbh I think if sony allows them to be released like that then other developers will release it as they can get away with the same problems. I will blame Sony, especially seeing as modnation was a launch title they would have been quite involved with. They should push and explain that they expect proper performance from their titles. It doesn't speak highly of the vita when there is stuttering/performance issues that will put off a significant proportion of the people who buy it (should have seen comments about modnation...every weekly blog post till people just gave up - they were mad as it was a good game other then the few shortcomings and they wanted fixes). Especially in games where you really wouldn't expect much lag at all (going on their graphics/size and estimated computations/speed etc) and what other games have pulled off.

=-=--=-=-==-

edit: just going to re-ask this here in case anyone knows [about sound shapes level editor]:

Can you set the paths of the enemies yourself?

You see in the campaign the enemies move in certain patterns, is it possible to make custom patterns yourself, something like setting the direction of the enemies/attacking angle/timing?

...still a few days to go .. so close.won't get much of chance to play it over next two weeks though, would have been so good last week.

Well, i guess that might be the problem. The secret isn't counting. Well, in case you ask them and you recieve an answer please tell me what they said.

And yes, what you said about the levels is true, some i really think i can get gold but others it would be too much headaches xD

Doing the same damn thing this week. High five!

Rasec

There is a Japanese and Asian version of Hatsune miku on PA but the Asian version is a lot cheaper. Does it come out on the same day as the Japanese version? It says August but no specific day. :/
Well play-asia for what i see ussually also sells the asian version of games. Games that come out in hong-kong for example. So i guess that's the PD version they selling.
I don't know of a certain release date for the asian version so if it was me i would stay it the jap one. Also there isn't big amount of japanese to know in this game.

But if the diference of price is big you could wait a little to see if some release date for the asian version is given.
I can't wait much longer and the time i must wait until gets to europe after the game comes out will already kill me xDD

@test_account: i finished puddle, it was a hard sometimes but it was fun messing with the liquids. I finished the secret level and the vita shows me 48/49, same as you.
Now the wait for sound shapes begin *__*

Skyzard

Banned
EU PSX store is missing so many games..

Megaman (X4)
Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Chross
Xenogears
Circuit Breakers
Cool Boarders 3
.....worms (iirc)
tekken 3!
twisted metal 2

Whole bunch of others...no r-type either but at least there is a whole bunch of other shmup.. man Sony had more manpower/richer and could just get on this stuff. Means they have to keep catching up filling in holes and less innovation. I know it's all licensing and publishers but... I mean is it jus the 2 guys running the blogs organising it? They should get decent bonuses.

It's pretty bare bones, I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of important missing titles..is that what the US store is like?

I just picked up n20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpiOcr6yE0E which is just running on my ps3 - yep decent cheap arcade game, quite acidy as well.

So many missing games, might grab gex 3d too, definitely with a sale. Also came across G-Police which I used to spend hours trying to understand the demo of during my childhood.. Futuristic city helicopter...reckon I'll nab that.

Nitrous oxide (N02) was £1.99 btw, looks pretty well suited to the vita, only 80mb. Also I came across a game called "Streak" which looks like a psx version of dreamcast's trickstyle!

Sol1dus

2 more days, we need something new to talk about. I'm expecting the best.

After this year's E3, its hard to get me excited about anything regarding Sony's announcements. Yet I'm hoping to have my pessimism thwarted with a myriad of Vita reveals and a lot of news on upcoming features for the system.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom