• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

After this year's E3, its hard to get me excited about anything regarding Sony's announcements. Yet I'm hoping to have my pessimism thwarted with a myriad of Vita reveals and a lot of news on upcoming features for the system.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

I feel you. ACL and COD are on my list but the franchises are not that exciting for me. I hope we get something different, new and it really utilizes the Vita's hardware. I can think of so many things Developers could do with the Vita. Whats gonna be the game to knock it out of the park? I cant wait to find out.
I would love something like Darksiders on the Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Well, we talked about killzone.

Another one that would make sense is infamous, eventually.

...and breaking bad is done..brb

btw COD multiplayer should excite you a little bit if it is anything like even COD4! That's just a good game. Okay a lot of us played them loads already...but not like what I imagine on the vita could be like in your hands. Pretty neat game to have for many people, definitely good for the vita if it doesn't suck. Might encourage a crash bandicoot negotiation since activision hold that too...

I imagine cod would get boring fast but still, might be good enough .. definitely could be for a lot of people.

spannicus

Well, we talked about killzone.

Another one that would make sense is infamous, eventually.

...and breaking bad is done..brb

btw COD multiplayer should excite you a little bit if it is anything like even COD4! That's just a good game. Okay a lot of us played them loads already...but not like what I imagine on the vita could be like in your hands. Pretty neat game to have for many people, definitely good for the vita if it doesn't suck. Might encourage a crash bandicoot negotiation since activision hold that too...

I imagine cod would get boring fast but still, might be good enough .. definitely could be for a lot of people.

My problem is I get bored quick especially when a game gets repetitive.

Well after messing around and resorting to other options, I got my vita up and running again and managed to even avoid deleting my save files, what a scare this has been. Suffice to say , I'm making a back up and will be wary of canceling/quitting from things when it's trying to sign in to stuff from now on.

Well after messing around and resorting to other options, I got my vita up and running again and managed to even avoid deleting my save files, what a scare this has been. Suffice to say , I'm making a back up and will be wary of canceling/quitting from things when it's trying to sign in to stuff from now on.

Hm? What happened?

Hm? What happened?
Me from earlier.

Ok , I was playing sound shapes and then weird stuff happened and now my vita's database is corrupted. I selected to rebuild it and now it's been sitting here at 0% for close to an hr.It indicated to me that it will take hrs to rebuild but I'm still kinda paranoid, it isn't actually doing anything and i'm too scared to power off the vita and try again just yet.

I was wondering if anyone here has had to rebuild their vita's database and how long it took and if what I'm experiencing here is normal for this process.

I forgot my vita in my friends car today :( I won't be able to get it till after work tomorrow....guess it's back to my PSP lol I really should finish KH:BBS though since I doubt it's ever coming to vita.

Chris_C

Would appreciate it if anyone has some information these:

Has there been an update on when we're getting PSOne classics for Vita? (I mean beyond the "this summer" line which is almost over.)

Any news on New Little King's Story's release? Last I heard it was due out this summer, I can't find anything new.

Also, how is Liberty City Stories A SEVEN YEAR OLD GAME $20 on PSN!?!?!?

But think of the tales Near will tell you when you get it back!
Good news for everything! :D

Would appreciate it if anyone has some information these:

Has there been an update on when we're getting PSOne classics for Vita? (I mean beyond the "this summer" line which is almost over.)

Any news on New Little King's Story's release? Last I heard it was due out this summer, I can't find anything new.

Also, how is Liberty City Stories A SEVEN YEAR OLD GAME $20 on PSN!?!?!?

1. Nope! Rumors for Gamescom announcement but many are doubting that at this point.

2. Another nope! I think they're saying Late Summer/Fall 2012 now.

3. Because the PSN prices on most games are REALLY lol. Especially Sony first party and Namco games.

Chris_C

I'm not usually one to say this, but this has been answered several times on the last 20 pages.

It's a 155 page thread.

Good news for everything! :D

1. Nope! Rumors for Gamescom announcement but many are doubting that at this point.

2. Another nope! I think they're saying Late Summer/Fall 2012 now.

3. Because the PSN prices on most games are REALLY lol. Especially Sony first party and Namco games.

Thank you, sir.

magawolaz

Talking about near...that thing is just shit.
It's pointless, I hope they'll improve it in the future because it has potential. I'm not a "social network" guy, but it would be cool to merge Near and LiveArea's status updates in order to have some sort of gaming social-network.

Me from earlier.
Happened to me some weeks ago, I removed the memory card and put it back again and it was all there. I've never been so scared before :lol

Eusis

Digital future where games are cheaper than retail because of no boxing/manuals, lol.
Digital future where games remain expensive because fuck it, not like we need to dump stock!

Though I'm not sure I can blame them, $20's too much but going higher than $5 means the games remain valuable for longer. Could at least drop to $15 or something.

Well play-asia for what i see ussually also sells the asian version of games. Games that come out in hong-kong for example. So i guess that's the PD version they selling.
I don't know of a certain release date for the asian version so if it was me i would stay it the jap one. Also there isn't big amount of japanese to know in this game.

But if the diference of price is big you could wait a little to see if some release date for the asian version is given.
I can't wait much longer and the time i must wait until gets to europe after the game comes out will already kill me xDD

@test_account: i finished puddle, it was a hard sometimes but it was fun messing with the liquids. I finished the secret level and the vita shows me 48/49, same as you.
Now the wait for sound shapes begin *__*

Thanks for the info. I wanna know what the trophies are lol. :p Are there any more rythmic games coming to Vita?

branny

Has anyone else played Yggdra Union? I only paid something ridiculously low for it, around $3 if I remember rightly, so I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it at this point. I would have enjoyed it more if the actual strategy element was more in depth, but that seems to be reserved for the needlessly convoluted menus and obtuse equipment system.

I have enjoyed it up until now, but after having reached the end of the second Chapter, it's all becoming a bit of a chore. How do the other SRPG's on the Vita compare?
I got to around BF15 in Yggdra Union and just couldn't take anymore. I think it's a piece of shit, along with every other Sting game I've played (Knights in the Nightmare, Riviera, Evolution 2). I wanted to give Gungnir a chance, too, but I'm not going to fall for that again. These games (particularly those in Dept. Heaven) are unique; they're just missing strong fundamental design that makes playing them engaging. They're bloated in all the wrong places. Some people swear by these games, but all I like about them is the potential behind some ideas and their energetic presentation.

For SRPGs, I'd recommend Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP), Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX version over PSP version, though that one still has its perks), and possibly the Disgaea games (1 and 2 for PSP, 3 for Vita).

As much as I wanted to love Jeanne d'Arc, I only thought it was "okay". If you're new to SRPGs, it'd be a good place to start. I can't remember if it's even in the store, though. Valkyria Chronicles II isn't as good as the original on PS3 (split up battlefields, story), so I'm hesitant to recommend that one. There are surely other SRPGs, but I'm drawing a blank right now since I only genuinely care about a handful.

FFT and Tactics Ogre are definitely my favorites in the entire genre, not just on PSP/Vita. Their storytelling is leagues ahead of what is found in most games, their music is fantastic, and their mechanics are very fun to play around with. The best part is that they offer enough flexibility for you to play them exactly how you want. Some people dislike SRPGs (in contrast to other tactical turn-based games) because you can level up and often brute force your way through them by abusing certain mechanics. With FFT and TO, you have the option to ignore things (many other SRPGs are less permissive, either having mid-battle story events or stricter conditions in or out of fights or whatever). TO even has an achievement-esque system to reward you for making things harder on yourself. I don't think they're the most challenging games out there, but they're very fun to me.

kiyomi

I can't play TO when I'm tired, the quick camera movements between different units as they move makes me dizzy. Which sucks because I quite often want to play an RPG in the evening.

Any big announcements/news in the last 10 pages or so I missed?

Sid

All i want from cod black ops:declassified is a good 8hour sp and a good zombies mode i hope whosoever is developing it can pull these off and activision will provide the budget accordingly

demigod

Does anyone have a problem using the browser after turning the Vita back on from standby mode? There's no wifi signal and I have to go into settings to connect it, then when I go to the browser it doesn't even work. Forcing me to shut down the Vita and turning it back on and then it works. 3G model btw.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Does anyone have a problem using the browser after turning the Vita back on from standby mode? There's no wifi signal and I have to go into settings to connect it, then when I go to the browser it doesn't even work. Forcing me to shut down the Vita and turning it back on and then it works. 3G model btw.
Mine reconnects automatically when I use the browser, so something definitely went wrong there.

Sid

Nope,I have a wifi model and whenever i go back to browsing from stand by i have to wait a few seconds and then i can resume browsing without any issues

Apparently some info leaked and the game is going to be in the cain of Unit 13.
Which is a total bummer, since I was wanting an actual campaign as well.
I won't have much problem with that if the missions are decent enough in length and number but hopefully zombies are there and they are good

Bought pixel junk monsters last night. Really cool game. Loving this.

I really hpoe ps mobile kicks off.

I love my vita and I have really enjoyed games like gravity rush and MGS and most recently Mortal Kombat. However I would also love to play the kinds of games that come out on IOS as well. To have both kinds of games on my Vita would be awesome.

Stuff on my phone like civilization, settlers, galaxy on fire 2, dungeon raid, bejeweled (touch screen version), bards Tale, beat hazard, hunters 2 and minecraft pocket would all get a lot more play time if I had them on my vita. On my iphone the they eat the battery, make the thing really hot and the screen is just a touch to small to really feel at home using them for long periods. Get them on my vita so I can buy the odd big game once every month or so and have the mobile games as some nice distractions in between. Would be perfect for me. The games would prob be more expensive but im OK with that as the IOS prices I just dont think are sustainable.

I loved plants V Zombies on my iPhone but the vita version is sooo much nicer and I was happy to pay more for that version.

I just wonder if there is enough people like me out there to make this a viable thing to happen.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
At gamescon so far for us vita peasants there are:

Sony:
PlayStation AllStars: Battle Royale
Call of Duty. Declassified
Soul Sacrifice
Little Big Planet (Franchise Update)
Unannounced Title(hope never dies)
Unannounced Title(hope never dies)

konami(if not cancelled):
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
New Little King’s Story

capcom:
Street Fighter x Tekken (Vita)
Unannouced title(hope never... ok this is way too much)

ubisoft:
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation

warner bros:
New titles including "one major release"(hope etc...)

ea:
FIFA 13(hoping for some vita footage)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted(hoping for some vita footage)

sega:
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed(hoping for some vita footage)

Better than nothing i think, at least it's already waaaaay better than the e3.

EDIT:
already shown a wrc3 trailer but with no vita footage :(

Rasec

Thanks for the info. I wanna know what the trophies are lol. :p Are there any more rythmic games coming to Vita?

Besides the ones we know, PD f and Djmax, we'll get Kickbeat done by Zen Studios and that's all unless XSEED brings here before christmas that original but weird game called Orgarhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom