• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parham

Banned
Hey guys! I bought a Vita off of a friend of mine a few days ago for $140 with MGS HD. Are there any PSN games (Vita, PSP, Mini) I should look into purchasing over the next few months? I haven't owned a PSP since early 2005, so nearly the entire PSP library is fair game. Also, I am open to any and all genres.

PSN ID: DrEnglund

Edit: I should probably mention that, in addition to MGS HD, I have Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes.

Hey guys! I bought a Vita off of a friend of mine a few days ago for $140 with MGS HD. Are there any PSN games (Vita, PSP, Mini) I should look into purchasing over the next few months? I haven't owned a PSP since early 2005, so nearly the entire PSP library is fair game. Also, I am open to any and all genres.

Edit: I should probably mention that, in addition to MGS HD, I have Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes.
Make sure you get Gra--

I see you have the covered. :3 As for PSN games, RCR and Jet Set Radio HD will be coming out... soon-ish. (JSR in October and RCR...sometime)

---
This is getting old already~,

ID: TheGrimHeaper

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Half-Minute Hero, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip, Virtua Tennis 4, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and Patchwork Heroes are all must-buys.

beason52

Neo Member

Mutant Blobs Attack and Super Stardust Delta!

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah just wish I could handle them before buying because I'm very very very particular about that sort of thing. It's a big reason why the next xbox could be awful in every way but have the same controller and it would probably still be my default console due to that.

I bought two, I'd probably buy more just incase (they are so cheap on ebay from hk to uk, for their value). They feel great. Also improve rear touchpad comfort...ability to press start and select buttons. Put less pressure by giving you more grip with both hands, also end up having your hands angled so that it's easier to press the triggers. No-brainer imo. Especially when you play at home. I take it with my vita most times though, too many advantages..I've said it before but Sony should really sell an official accessory grip for the vita by the time COD comes out..

Xbox 360 is also my favourite controller. PS3 is a close second with analogue grip attachments and trigger grips too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So we are 52 days into the 94 days of summer now. That's over halfway, and yet still no PSX support. "Beginning of summer" my ass. :(

Kyon

Banned

I messaged you asking who you were when you added. Now I know lol Welcome :)

qcf x2

I don't even want PS1 support anymore. The only game I'd replay from that console is Chrono Cross; everything else is just too dated.

What irks me is that Sony will admit they're struggling to get 3rd party support, which should convince them that maximizing the device's unique features is a priority, but instead they're just sitting on their hands. No PS1 support, formatting & transferring media is arduous, the browser still is pathetic and I still can't download certain PSP games because I don't have a PS3. That's right, I can't download games for X console because I don't have Y console. Where are the network / community multiplayer games? There needs to be something involving and unique.

Sound Shapes & P3P already justified my purchase, so I'm not bitter. JSR & P4G are next, but I hope they port SF3 and KoF eventually. And NBA2k! Alright, enough rambling.

Jawmuncher

All i'm waiting for is PS2 classics to be playable on vita.
We all know it can be done, the biggest factor would be space, but then that's a win win for sony since they sell more Memory Cards and we can play some of our favorites in portable form.
That alone will make those actually worth getting.

The Lunar remake for the PSP is really enjoyable. For a fun $10 PSP game, I suggest field commander. Uninspired art design hides a really good Advance Wars styled strategy game!

There is speculation going around that Guerrilla Games will be making an appearance at gamescom. Never was a true fan of the Killzone series, but I wan't to see how well console FPS experiences can be translated to the Vita.

They may be coming for a PS3 title.

Thanks to everyone everywhere by the way for recommending Y's Seven. I wasn't planning to get many more PSP titles, but this seems quite a good RPG.

Hardware itself - Really going to need a case with handles or something because I still can't hold it with my thumbs on both sticks for more than 10-15 min without pain. (large hands). Screen is fucking great though.

Yeah just wish I could handle them before buying because I'm very very very particular about that sort of thing. It's a big reason why the next xbox could be awful in every way but have the same controller and it would probably still be my default console due to that.

I ordered both the HORI and the PDP Trigger Grips and after testing each for about a week I definitely like the HORI better. Buy from somewhere with a good return policy. Amazon made it painless to return the PDP.

There's also Jumping Flash though that might be better suited to a home console. A new Ape Escape that demonstrates how to use the Vita features, in the same way the original showed off dual analogs, would be an enticing prospect.

Little Deviants should've been an Ape Escape game instead, I bet some fun weapons could be made with touch/tilt.

I'm getting stir-crazy about PS1 support. I want that shit naow! I was feeling so slick in the beginning because I thought I had a hold on it; just don't expect it any time soon, then it will surprise you, everyone will be happy. That's not working anymore.

I've got an interview with the team working on LittleBigPlanet PSVita. Does anyone have any questions they want answered?

4 players co-op and same experience as PS3 version ? ( in terms of drop in, drop out online co-op )
Access to the few million levels that are there for older LBP ?
Cross platform ANY chance ?

Empty

finished uncharted golden abyss. started off hating the controls but after i downloaded the most recent patch i began to really enjoy the game. it's uncharted replicated well which is impressive but it's also the kind of game i like handhelds for, as it thrives on the limitations. it's impossible for uncharted main series to go back to the jungle, cave and tomb settings of the first game now the big set pieces are what it's known for, but i love that kind of atmosphere. plus the reduced number of enemies made the combat more enjoyable to me, though they seemed to tune the enemy damage on the shotgun guys better too, which made it pleasant throughout, especially good as i'm not that fond of how naughty dog ramps up their encounters in the ps3 trilogy. i look forward to bends' second try on vita.

downsides are the launch game syndrome 'gotta show off the features' which leads to dull touch stuff, as much as i appreciated the attempt to make drake more explorer/archewologist than action hero. oh and while it effectively replicated the style, chase is not as good as henning's female partners and there are a few lame jokes.

just bought wipeout as my next vita game which i'm looking forward too.

anyone have any opinions on ridge racer ultimate edition. i love rr but i heard it was a microtranscation disaster when it came out, does the ultimate version turn it into a good game?

So it has been like 3 days since The last time I was able to sign in to Sound Shapes. I tried three different connections and all of them are decent ones still no good. I can't play community levels, can't post my scores or even sync my progress.
Is it only me ?

Sol1dus

So it has been like 3 days since The last time I was able to sign in to Sound Shapes. I tried three different connections and all of them are decent ones still no good. I can't play community levels, can't post my scores or even sync my progress.
Is it only me ?

I haven't played it in a couple of days, I'll sign in later and PM you if I can't.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is it only me ?
I'm having crazy connection problems with Sound Shapes too, and other connections on my PS3 and Vita work fine. I keep getting server errors.

Is Growlanser any good? What's it like as a game?
You can probably find some videos online, but it's a strategy game with a battle system similar to the Active Time Battle system. It has a decent story, but it's taking way too long to get going, and like most political stories, doesn't do the best job of setting up the characters. Of all of Atlus' work, Growlanser is one of their more pedestrian localizations, but the writing is still decently compelling. I'm liking it quite a bit so far.

x3r0123

So... is anyone else pissed that they did a PS Blog post for Ragnarok Odyssey but there's still no release date? I'm starting to think they're dancing around it until the very last second to just say it's coming with the second avalanche of games next spring ._.

just got an email from amazon and looks like the release date has been push back

Beast780

I've got an interview with the team working on LittleBigPlanet PSVita. Does anyone have any questions they want answered?

I know it's a different team, but ask if LittleBigPlanet Karting is planned for the Vita. I also want to know if they will be supporting the game lost launch with costumes. Thanks, you run a great site Captain, I check it every day! Well since I found it last week haha.

Sid

With TLUO, GOW A and Beyond heading for the PS3 I hope we Vita owners get some knock out announcements at Gamescom. Pleeease.
Me too man,if there is nothing substantial for the vita by the time tgs is over then the vita is DEAD to sony pure and simple

Kazzy

2 more trophies on Motorstorm RC, and I cant seem to get them. :(

Which reminds me, I've inadvertently found myself in a trophy whoring phase. I've been finishing all my games, mostly because I get most of my Vita playing time in during lunch breaks. Now I have 100% in about 5 games, and I'm starting to feel obligated to make a good run at everything else.

I think it's a system (trophies) that works much better on a portable console, at least for me. I'll readily grind something out on the move, whereas I probably wouldn't at home.

Touch My Katamari doesn't have a platinum :/

Sid

C'mon famousmortimer be a true gaf hero and reveal the awesome vita secret,there hasn't been any vita news in forever

Just finished Golden Abyss, actually enjoyed it more than Uncharted 3. Definitely an underrated game.

I keep seeing this and I keep wondering what I'd think about it, since Uncharted 3 was a close 2nd to me in the series (with Uncharted being tops). Either way, the asking price is still too much for me. :(

I haven't played it in a couple of days, I'll sign in later and PM you if I can't.

I haven't tried today, but I couldn't sign in since Friday night at the earliest (tried on PS3, since my unit was back from repair, didn't work, tried on vita, still no dice.). Definitely wasn't up early afternoon yesterday either. Maybe people in the Sound Shapes OT have more info? I know a Queasy rep was in there saying it was the servers and Sony was working on it.

Which reminds me, I've inadvertently found myself in a trophy whoring phase. I've been finishing all my games, mostly because I get most of my Vita playing time in during lunch breaks. Now I have 100% in about 5 games, and I'm starting to feel obligated to make a good run at everything else.

I think it's a system (trophies) that works much better on a portable console, at least for me. I'll readily grind something out on the move, whereas I probably wouldn't at home.

Yeah, instead of browsing the net before I sleep, I find myself hunting some more trophies lol.

Whaaat? I haven't been getting any because I'm awful at the game, but it doesn't even have a platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom