• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasec

If mh is there for vita it'll be announced at vita heaven-II or tgs,i don't think capcom gives a damn about the vita
Well, dragon dogma 2 being announced to the vita would already be some cool news since i doubt monster hunt can be on the vita, but that's me dreaming xP.

Ok, this djmax korean limited edtion for 80$ is making my head spin xD

djm1.jpg

If only it had the cool box of the jp one xP
Jap edition

Well, dragon dogma 2 being announced to the vita would already be some cool news since i doubt monster hunt can be on the vita, but that's me dreaming xP.

Ok, this djmax korean limited edtion for 80$ is making my head spin xD

djm1.jpg

If only it had the cool box of the jp one xP
Jap edition

Where can you pre-order the Korean Limited edition? On play asia Ive only seen the shitty Japanese one. :(

Rasec

^I hope soon. Is it confirmed the US will be getting a LE too?

On other news P4G is coming out in november in NA

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/13/persona-4-golden-slated-for-november-release/
Yup, still haven't found where can you pre-order this. It would be cool since the price is way better than the jap one, and it's coming on the 7th of sept.
I'll keep searching but guess it would be a serious blow to the japanese pre-orders so it might be difficult to find this.

wasn't this supposed to be an October release?
edit: yeah, it was listed as 10/23 for the longest time.

Maybe it will be early november xP

By the way, @TurkishEmperor, i guess the trophies for project diva f won't be a major problem.
The gamefaqs Project diva community is actually pretty big so easily you'll get help there to now how to get the unlockable stuff and the trophies in case they come in Japanese language.

SmokyDave

Having spent the last week playing MGS HD and Uncharted to death, I've arrived at the conclusion that I really really really want more console ports / spinoffs. That's why I bought this machine and that is what I feel it does best.

Twinduct

Having spent the last week playing MGS HD and Uncharted to death, I've arrived at the conclusion that I really really really want more console ports / spinoffs. That's why I bought this machine and that is what I feel it does best.

Agreed heh. I know people want innovative titles that uses the Vita's strengths and stuff. But I believe there is more than enough room for both to coexist.

Although I still need to train myself on Gyro controls :|

SmokyDave

Agreed heh. I know people want innovative titles that uses the Vita's strengths and stuff. But I believe there is more than enough room for both to coexist.

Although I still need to train myself on Gyro controls :|

Yeah, I don't have any issue with titles optimised for the Vita, nor do I think the PSSuite is a bad idea, I just find that what I really want from the unit is a handheld console. I have, ahem, another device to take care of my gaming on the go.

Gyro controls are a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, Uncharted & Gravity Rush feel sublime once you've cracked the '2 Sticks & Gyro' thing. On the other hand once you're used to it, playing games without Gyro augmentation feels gimped.

Arucardo

Yeah, I'd love to get some reasonably priced PS2 games on to my Vita, especially some RPG games. Is the Vita powerful enough to handle straight PS2 ports? Haven't played MGS HD yet so I don't know if they had to make any compromises there.

Arucardo

Listening to last Friday's 8-4 Play 'cast today at work made me kind of interested in Sound Shapes but I didn't realize it's not out till Wednesday in this region. Maybe I'll check it out when it is.

Sol1dus

I succumbed to my own desires and bought Ape Escape On the Loose last night. While the voice acting SUCKS compared to the original game, it's still very much the same game I fell in love with on the PS1.

Rasec

Yeah, I'd love to get some reasonably priced PS2 games on to my Vita, especially some RPG games. Is the Vita powerful enough to handle straight PS2 ports? Haven't played MGS HD yet so I don't know if they had to make any compromises there.

I think the problem is if vita could handle straight ps2 game ports or by emulator without problems and i doubt it would happen since then there was the size of the games that it would be way too much when the biggest card we have is 32 gb

Captain N

I've been messing around with a preview build of LBP Vita and will post some impressions here later this week and a preview up on our site.

Arucardo

I think the problem is if vita could handle straight ps2 game ports or by emulator without problems and i doubt it would happen since then there was the size of the games that it would be way too much when the biggest card we have is 32 gb

I don't think Sony would see this as a downside to doing it, especially if it sells more 16 and 32gb memory cards. Also, a lot of the games have stuff like audio tracks/languages you can remove and fmv's you can re-encode to save space.

Rasec

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/New+Super+Mario+Bros+2/news.asp?c=44027&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PocketGamerLatestAdditions+%28Pocket+Gamer+-+Latest+additions%29&utm_content=FaceBook

And i thought digital was supposed to give cheaper prices on the games. At least it's the logical way of thinking since there's no box and other stuff.

But guess i won't blame only soy for the games only be a littler cheaper on psn, of course not counting with promotions some stores do.
Guess nintendo is going a little overboard.

I don't think Sony would see this as a downside to doing it, especially if it sells more 16 and 32gb memory cards. Also, a lot of the games have stuff like audio tracks/languages you can remove and fmv's you can re-encode to save space.
Excellent good point. Hope it's an ideia for the future allow ps2 games come to the vita.

SmokyDave

I dunno man, Uncharted and Mortal Kombat are both 3-3.5gb each, they're not shy about big file sizes.

Add to that that they are directly hostile against sales of digital content while we already had several games go below 20 euros on PSN.

If Vita goes the way of dreamcast we will have one really expensive future of handheld gaming before us.

Yopis

Playing MGS collection gave me that feeling. I wanted a console on the go the whole time tbh.

Twinduct

Hmm what ?

But i think someone said that Capcom will annouce something on gamescom for Vita which i find a bit hard to belive ?

Capcom will announce Monster Hunter X Resident Evil for 3DS at Sony's conference. They will then proceed to drop the Mic and walk off the stage.

Rasec

Who said that?anything from capcom is highly unlikely imo

That was me xD
it's a silly dream since it's hard for vita to have Monster hunter, at least let us have dragons dogma.
and the game had good sales and capcom already said they'll do a sequel.

Sid

That was me xD
it's a silly dream since it's hard for vita to have Monster hunter, at least let us have dragons dogma.
and the game had good sales and capcom already said they'll do a sequel.
That's fine but as i said capcom doesn't give a rat's ass about the vita besides fighting game ports which even the 3do got

Rasec

That's fine but as i said capcom doesn't give a rat's ass about the vita besides fighting game ports which even the 3do got

i guess you're right but let's wait for tomorrow to see if there's any cool news for us.
actually the only thing i'm seeing capcom to do in games for now is resident evil 6.

yah, since djmax is manly done by koreans it's fair it's the first place where it gets release. xP
guess getting korean version will be hard.

If no American LE I'm gonna find the Korean version lol, Japanese one costs 130 dollaz, can you believe that? :/

@Monosukoi: ofcourse, if Catherine is any indicator, Europe will get it 8 months later, so May/june 2013 would be a safe bet. :p

RpgN

Mutant Blobs Attack was great, that last level was genius. Next game is going to be Unit-13, I'm a bit nervous about wether I'm going to like this one. It's not my kinda game usually.

brentech

It really is the music making part that makes it so special. It's so much more fun than something like LBP because you are actually designing a song and a platforming level together, which is just a wonderful combination.
Yeah, I was just making music and not even laying down a level, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom