• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Is it from Amazon themselves or a third party seller? Is there any risk of getting a fake stick?
Amazon themselves, and I don't think there IS a risk of getting a fake but that should be a non-issue with Amazon directly either way. I also am speaking for the US, not Canada or anything.

Razgreez

Is it from Amazon themselves or a third party seller? Is there any risk of getting a fake stick?

Are there already fake sticks for the Vita? Seeing as it's a proprietary format
I read somewhere about a company who tried to release fake ones but never got as far

Thinking of picking up a Vita, I missed a ton of PSP games and nothing like some new kit to get me motivated to clear out the back log. How do PSP games play on this?

Of corse there are some Vita games that look awsome too :)

El_Chino

Run Vita's Settings > Network > Internet Connection Test first.

What does it say ?

You change bandwidth used by changing the channel.
You can find out how to switch channel by consulting the N300 manual here:
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNR3500L/Documentation/SM/WNR3500L_SM_11JUN2010.pdf

Don't change anything yet. Find out what failed in the Internet Connection Test first.
It claims I have the wrong password when my password is indeed correct. I'll see if the bandwidth works.

patsu

It claims I have the wrong password when my password is indeed correct. I'll see if the bandwidth works.

Well... I'd double check your security options (e.g., Is the password in ASCII or hex ? And using what security scheme ? Is the Caps Lock on ? Can you really sign in if you turned off the security ?).

Sol1dus

Did you adjust the volume in the settings? I believe it's a few notches below maximum by default.

This might sound stupid, but I cover up the speakers when I play Mortal Kombat, but I never had an issue while playing Gravity Rush or Rayman. I've thought the sound cut out when I was really just smothering the speakers, so it's possible you're doing the same.

Yeah, I press the Volume + until its all the way up. And its not that I'm covering them up, because I can't hear any of the cut-scenes (which I watch by holding the vita with just one hand or with my hands on the back of it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yeah, I press the Volume + until its all the way up. And its not that I'm covering them up, because I can't hear any of the cut-scenes (which I watch by holding the vita with just one hand or with my hands on the back of it.
I meant the software volume in the game settings.

If that's not it, you might want to just try replacing the game. The game's volume is consistent with everything else I've played on my Vita.

El_Chino

Well... I'd double check your security options (e.g., Is the password in ASCII or hex ? And using what security scheme ? Is the Caps Lock on ? Can you really sign in if you turned off the security ?).
It's in ASCII and WPA2 PSK and I'll see if that works.

patsu

Thinking of picking up a Vita, I missed a ton of PSP games and nothing like some new kit to get me motivated to clear out the back log. How do PSP games play on this?

The PSP games generally look stunning on Vita because the OLED screen is higher quality, and operates significantly faster than PSP's LCD screen (No ghosting !).

The Vita control is better because of dual stick support. You can tweak the button/stick mapping. In the worst case, it should be no worse than the PSP control.

Without UMD, loading is also faster (and more quiet) on Vita.

The bonus is: PSP games tend to go more easy on the Vita battery.

The restrictions are:
* You can't capture PSP game screen using the snapshot key combo (Press Home + START).
* You can't listen to music and play PSP game at the same time
* Not all PSP games are compatible with Vita. You can download the compatible ones from the Playstation store on Vita. But you may need to download some of them via a PS3.

Koroviev

Of corse there are some Vita games that look awsome too :)

I've actually been playing PSP games in lieu of Vita titles. I now have twice as many PSP games as Vita games.

Well looks like that seals the deal. I have a question, if the Vita flops and Sony pulls the plug will the games I buy still work?

Went ahead and downloaded Virtua Tennis 4 despite the $40 price tag on PSN. But HOLY SHIT is this game fun. I just kinda wanted to check it out after it downloaded and 2 hours later I had to tear myself away. They really should drop the price, like $10 less, because more people would buy at $29.99. Or they should put it on sale, because this game really does deserve some more sales. And release a demo here in North America so people can at least check it out.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Skyrim on a Vita.
This is it gentlemen, we have arrived.

bttf2costumesscreenshot.jpg

We already had epic citadel, uncharted, fifa, virtua tennis 4 and others that demonstrate that we are arrived, we only need someone with the balls to make a open world rpg on vita, obviously not with skyrim graphics, but i think that something close to oblivion is possible(but i hope for a fallout game lol ).

You can say all the bad things you want on ubisoft, but it is making ac3:l, reusing ac3 assets yes, but with a new city(right?), new character and new story. It's not an rpg but it's an open world.
Another open world game is most wanted, but it's a multi. I hope that most wanted will have at least the ridge racer graphics, no less than that.

melman101

Dunno if I'm the only one that's noticed this but, whenever I play MK Vita, the sound is really quiet. Its fine for other games and I can hear them clearly but whenever I play MK I have to use earphones because I can't hear anything coming from the speakers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Completely agree. The developers made the Mortal Kombat sound real low. I feel the same way.

Rezae

Dunno if I'm the only one that's noticed this but, whenever I play MK Vita, the sound is really quiet. Its fine for other games and I can hear them clearly but whenever I play MK I have to use earphones because I can't hear anything coming from the speakers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just want to add that yes the sound is by default really low on the Vita version. Cranking it to max still seems like the volume is at 1/3 of max.

RpgN

I just couldn't settle on a camera angle. Why not just put third person in for the hell of it...

It could have been an option I suppose, but it feels like this was a design choice and a deliberate attempt to not have a third person camera perspective. It gives it a whole different spin to other racing games. If it had third person, it would have probably been more samey like previous Motorstorm games and boring for it (personally). There aren't many micro machines race games being made, so I took it as intended and it feels refreshing for it.

patsu

What's wrong with Machinarium ? ^_^

I saw it in a trailer. Thought the art looks nice. Is it any good ?

EDIT:
Can anyone here please treat me like a complete moron and present me with a step-by-step guide which assumes I am a little child with extremely poor comprehension explaining exactly how I get the remote desktop application to work from very start to very end? Thank you!

If you're not technical, why do you want to try it now ? Based on others' observations, it still needs some more polishing. You may be better off waiting for a v1.0 release.

Oh, what the heck... have you read this ?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39890005&postcount=205

zroid

Banned
I didn't like Machinarium at all. Found the puzzles extremely tedious.

The art was its saving grace. (edit: the music was pretty good too)

brentech

Went ahead and downloaded Virtua Tennis 4 despite the $40 price tag on PSN. But HOLY SHIT is this game fun. I just kinda wanted to check it out after it downloaded and 2 hours later I had to tear myself away. They really should drop the price, like $10 less, because more people would buy at $29.99. Or they should put it on sale, because this game really does deserve some more sales. And release a demo here in North America so people can at least check it out.

Yeah, it's an excellent, beautiful game.

I thoroughly enjoyed Machinarium but i doubt ill double dip for Vita version unless theres added content...and alot. To me its one of them great one time experiences...after you know all the puzzles, 0 replay..This will be great for the people with vitas that never played

pwack

Could someone remind me, what is the status of Fox Engine for the Vita? Any thoughts as to whether we will get any Metal Gear 25th anniversary love? Of even the ability to re-download Peace Walker through the vita store?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
will there be any DLCs for Mutant Blobs Attack? it's really freaking amazing,I think the Giant Bomb crew will hype it to the moon if it was on non handheld non Sony or Nintendo system.

51lkOvGtcrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^ since when Sony opened the door for shovelware on PSVita? this is not a good way to get games on the system.

Takao

Banned
will there be any DLCs for Mutant Blobs Attack? it's really freaking amazing,I think the Giant Bomb crew will hype it to the moon if it was on non handheld non Sony or Nintendo system.

51lkOvGtcrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^ since when Sony opened the door for shovelware on PSVita? this is not a good way to get games on the system.

Sonic the hedgehog That blue hedgehog looks familiar, was this game on other platforms before?

Could someone remind me, what is the status of Fox Engine for the Vita? Any thoughts as to whether we will get any Metal Gear 25th anniversary love? Of even the ability to re-download Peace Walker through the vita store?

Kojima said FOX Engine supports Vita and that it'll get future KojiPro games that use it.

Carl

I hope there are plans for it. It must have done well for them. But i guess they are busy working on Guacamelee.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sonic the hedgehog That blue hedgehog looks familiar, was this game on other platforms before?

Kojima said FOX Engine supports Vita and that it'll get future KojiPro games that use it.

It was on Wii.

Fox Engine will powered the next PES too (a non KojiPro title) which is supposed to be on Vita too iirc.

rjc571

Banned
I thoroughly enjoyed Machinarium but i doubt ill double dip for Vita version unless theres added content...and alot. To me its one of them great one time experiences...after you know all the puzzles, 0 replay..This will be great for the people with vitas that never played

You can remember all of the solutions for any puzzle game after playing them once, even after several years? I beat Machinarium shortly after it came out 3 years ago, but by now my memory of the game is so foggy that playing it again would pretty much be a new experience for me.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hedgehog gets around:

http://i.imgur.com/VakhY.jpg
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DX0tz.jpg
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W5GNSm.jpg[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahaha

so on GBA he was kinda a normal blue Hedgehog, but then he evolved into a Sonic-ish one. great shit.

also how in hell this is a freaking "series" that survived multiple generations.

You can remember all of the solutions for any puzzle game after playing them once, even after several years?

i played about 2 years ago and yeah I remember most of them...Im sure upon seeing the level of the ones i cant recall this second just off the top of head ill remember

brentech

I've had my vita crash and restart a time or maybe 2 before, but this is the first time it crashed, and wouldn't restart. was just showing the wait symbol in the middle of the screen.

Held down power for about 30 seconds and the menu to restart or format and all that jazz popped up. So it's back on and seems fine now.

Was weird. Started acting funky while playing VC2, in the middle of a mission the sound dropped out and then the 'now loading' thing stayed up while I kept playing for a few minutes. Then it crashed. =(

patsu

Pictochat !

That Vita doodling pad is nice but somewhat clumsy and complex. Should be as simple as... Draw Something !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom