• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucent

A reply to question about this, on the PS blog for this weeks update:

So there ya go. Natsume (Serious Fun) Sale next week! (only for PS+ Members, if I understand right?)

Cool for me. I've been a Plus member for over a year now. Just renewed last month.

Also I like the "serious fun" thing.

Rasec

Is it bad that until now was cacpom that impressed me the most with his new game called "Remember Me"? xD
Weird since i thought capcom was only trying to get more money on dlc and that's all but glad they keeping their idea of investing in a new IP each year.

Hmm, Lumines demo is growing in me xP. Bad that i can't pass the second level, music or what they call that. I guess i need practice.

patsu

It's pretty sad how excited I am that we're getting button support for menu navigation, but I'm not gonna hide it :D

I'm actually a little wary of the button controls in the OS. I like how the buttons were irrelevant when I fumble around outdoor.

Now I have to be careful in case I accidentally quit out of my VC2 game. 8^)

arimanius

A reply to question about this, on the PS blog for this weeks update:

So there ya go. Natsume (Serious Fun) Sale next week! (only for PS+ Members, if I understand right?)

Cool. I can wait another week to play harvest moon since I've never played one before. Lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cool for me. I've been a Plus member for over a year now. Just renewed last month.

Also I like the "serious fun" thing.

I don't have Plus, so I hope some form of it is open to all, haha.

I'm not sure if Natsume uses "Serious Fun" anymore (I just added it in up there), but they did back in the SNES days. Makes me realize how few of their games I've played recently... I think the last I saw mention of their name was playing Omega Five... (Which I'd still love a sequel to...)

Dear Sony,
Can I please have more games like this on my Vita?

screenshot-01_thumb.png

Quite excited. I had been admittedly a little rough on the Vita, as of late....everyone seemed to be lashing out against Sony for poor treatment of the system.

After getting off work a little bit ago, opening this thread and seeing all of the wonderful news, I could kiss all of you ^_^

Ps1 support, very excited. Even if the rollout is sporadic off the bar, it's a start.

Tearaway looks so, so, so innovative and really creative. I love the fingers and human aesthetic of "interacting" with the world.

COD looks like Resistance, which I have + Nihillistic = no thanks.

Killzone looks amazing.

1.80 seems to have nice system enhancements

PSMobile might be nice, maybe it'll allow for someof the better iOS games, seeing vita has touch and controls...

Bummed about P4 delay

But LBP has its date ^_^

Overall, really happy with this news. What E3 should have been for Vita

Afrikan

To be fair, once the ball is in play it's buttery smooth 60 fps.

haha, seems like its 60fps doesn't it? I was fooled this whole time by Fifa Vita, because I could've swore it was 60fps as well...but I believe they are running at 30fps. So the fact that it seems like 60fps here and there, is a good thing for now imo...especially since this is their first go on this new hardware.

They also seem to have Unit 13 and possibly other Vita titles for $20. However, there is tax and shipping which will add to that total.

No tax in NY.
Resistance is also $20.
Most of the others seem to be games that are regularly found for $20 (HSG, WipEout).

hate quoting myself, but anyone care to comment? wouldn't want to be hurting my battery

I've had my Vita connected to the AC since the last time I ran out of battery; it's stopped showing charging in the battery and just shows full battery; I'm not sure if this means the Vita is smart enough to say "I'm good just running off the AC if I'm on, but I'm not going to draw more to try to charge the battery cause it's full". I'm assuming it behaves more like a laptop or netbook?

I've had my Vita connected to the AC since the last time I ran out of battery; it's stopped showing charging in the battery and just shows full battery; I'm not sure if this means the Vita is smart enough to say "I'm good just running off the AC if I'm on, but I'm not going to draw more to try to charge the battery cause it's full". I'm assuming it behaves more like a laptop or netbook?

if that's the case then it's charging all the time, which would degrade the battery over time, hopefully someone knows for sure

Rasec

Hope it's true since i intend in getting the cradle and make my vita charge while i'm busy on the pc.

In other news:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Delayed to 2013

Me goes T_______________________T
It's been ages since i played sly cooper and i loved it on the ps2.
new gameplay trailer at least ;_; search it or see it on ign

arimanius

Warning: I haven't bought the last couple of years Madden.

Not liking the Madden demo. To fast, players have no weight to them, cutscenes are horrendous, and audio is awful.

I know some of the gameplay issues can be solved with sliders but still not grabbing me.

CLEEK

Is this confirmed somewhere by Sony -- both the blog posts on the 1.80 FW for EU and NA just say PSOne support. Those lists that came from other sites aren't being repeated or confirmed by Sony, are they?

No, it looks like its official. 'Select' titles only, with only three listed so far. How in fuck's name can this be happening? It's not like the PSone games are being republished, so they have to go through all the legal issues to make them available.

From the US Blog:

Yes, you’ve been asking for it! From 28th August you’ll be able to play select PSOne titles on your Vita. Titles confirmed so far: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2.

So I just bought the trigger grips for my Vita. Did I make a mistake? Seems like a pain in the ass to put it on =/

A0S35ETCEAAHU8W.jpg

Huh? The thing comes off and on really easily. Just slide it in trigger first to put it on and Just pop the bottom of the vita out to remove it. And that's it.

I never really take mine off but when I do it's never been hard.

No, it looks like its official. 'Select' titles only, with only three listed so far. How in fuck's name can this be happening? It's not like the PSone games are being republished, so they have to go through all the legal issues to make them available.

From the US Blog:

That contradicts the firmware description and the presentation though. A random comment from the guy who's blogging doesn't do it for me -- I want to see the official Sony statement on it before I panic. Yeah, it's probably only select, because Sony is full of fuckups... but...

One of the key announcements coming out of Gamescom today is that the next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) is coming your way late August, and will add support for playing PSone Classics on your PlayStation Vita. I know a lot of you have been looking forward to playing original PlayStation titles on the go.

The way that's worded, I read "all or most" not "select titles".

All I'm saying is I want to see the full list of the initial support from Sony and not 2-3 "select" titles randomly mentioned by a second party. At least the FW update blog post reads like they have all the details on the feature set.

Skyzard

Banned
So bad Sony. Not even an upcoming release schedule for psone classics means it will likely be slow and painful, and as someone said - eventually becomes a forgotten feature.

Really hope I'm wrong but a single final fantasy game and 1 or 2 other titles on the 28th doesn't cut it.

patsu

So bad Sony. Not even an upcoming release schedule for psone classics means it will likely be slow and painful, and as someone said - eventually becomes a forgotten feature.

Really hope I'm wrong but a single final fantasy game and 1 or 2 other titles on the 28th doesn't cut it.

I think it's best to wait for Sony's official list.

We usually confused ourselves because people second guess and speculate the outcome too early.

I think it's best to wait for Sony's official list.

We usually confused ourselves because people second guess and speculate the outcome too early.

*High Five*

This is what I'm saying.
Maybe we don't get all. Maybe we get like 25 games or something? Maybe the compatibility list is small because they're updating the emulator to do dual stick support and stuff?
Best to wait and see.

Skyzard

Banned
*High Five*

This is what I'm saying.
Maybe we don't get all. Maybe we get like 25 games or something?
Best to wait and see.

You two are right but come on, seems pretty obvious we're getting boned, at least for a few months. Then maybe things may start to pick up.

*deep breath*

Having said that, they knew a lot of people would only take away one thing which was August 28th. They barely mentioned anything else, we had to hear it on a bullet point of a blog post.
Would they willingly shoot themselves in the foot just to save face during the presentation?

Maybe they figured vita owners could take a hit for a bit of a sales push.

Yes it is too early but I could see Sony doing that, which is pretty terrible news for us. I hear they rolled out ps1 games on psp like that in the US but not EU..was that because EU had a long delay? Either way, EU is reportedly doing the same.
This could just be damage control. "yeah we told you it would be like this"...Anyway, prepare to be playing ff7 even if you wanted to try 8 first. Forget about crash bandicoot. If we get them that would be awesome but I'm uber pessimistic atm.

corrosivefrost said:
Maybe the compatibility list is small because they're updating the emulator to do dual stick support and stuff?

Wtf have they been doing then.

btw they specifically mentioned which titles were being supported on the blog posts, I hear US got 2, EU 3.

Yes, you’ve been asking for it! From 28th August you’ll be able to play ~select~ PSOne titles on your Vita. Titles confirmed so far: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2.

┌∩┐ -------____________--------- ┌∩┐

shaqnosis

Neo Member
As a launch day vita owner, I felt that I had got my money's worth out of the device slready, with what has already been released and the few upcoming games that had been announced.

All the announcements today have just made it even more awesome though. Killzone and COD are day one buys, ps plus for Vita (despite not knowing concrete details) will be huge, and the cross buy deal is really nice. PSABR is day one also.

From comments around the net it seems there has been some shift away from the "OMGZ Vita has no games" and there are more people saying "I need to buy a vita now". Hopefully today is the start of a change in the mass markets perception towards the Vita, and more 3rd parties hop on board as a result.

Sony should have done this at E3 to negate the months of negativity the device has endured.

Rasec

Just noticed now that Miku Flick 02 is already out on the appstore.
Today is gonna be a very music game day with this on the ipad and sound shapes to play on vita xD
And maybe, just maybe, i'll try my luck and get lumines. Not sure yet.

beason52

Neo Member
It is great news that the new Ratchet and Clank is coming to Vita, now have whatever dev team is on that project port R&C collection...please?

Skyzard

Banned
^Good question and yes, PS3 version looked drool worthy...let's hope we get something similar..

Just noticed now that Miku Flick 02 is already out on the appstore.
Today is gonna be a very music game day with this on the ipad and sound shapes to play on vita xD
And maybe, just maybe, i'll try my luck and get lumines. Not sure yet.

Oh yeah, music....sound shapes tomorrow! Damn will try and do lumines video then, just before the store update - worth it trust me. Both watching the video and the game that is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom