• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great news that the new Ratchet and Clank is coming to Vita, now have whatever dev team is on that project port R&C collection...please?

I agree, R&C on Vita is a dream come true. I would LOVE for the collection to be ported. I wonder how well it will have aged against the likes of Tools of Destruction and the others.

what I'm about to ask might be considered absolutely stupid by most of you but since I know nothing about it I'll ask anyway (Mortal Kombat related)

I'm playing MK and randomly a guy shows up on the bottom right corner making some sort of laughing sound. what is it?

Its an easter egg. One of my favourites.

legacyzero

Banned
Huh? The thing comes off and on really easily. Just slide it in trigger first to put it on and Just pop the bottom of the vita out to remove it. And that's it.

I never really take mine off but when I do it's never been hard.
Yeah, it's cause I'm a fucking moron and possess zero coherent motor skills. I figured out what I was doing wrong. It actually goes on easily, and like a glove.

I would love to hear some thoughts on how these are. Thinking if I should opt for trigger grips or the ones with the extra battery life

PERFECT if you wanna get cozy with your Vita. Only problem I can see with it so far, is that it makes you have to reach a little farther to both the front and back touch screen/pad. Other than that, comfy as hell.

B.K.

1.80 details:

This update includes the following features:

Support for PlayStation titles

Some functionality for such areas as the home screen, the video player, the music player, and the settings screen can be controlled via the system's buttons

The video player will support playback at different speeds, rewind and forward, and repeat

The music player will be able to play back playlists from your PS3 or iTunes

The Remote Play LiveArea space will have an icon for Cross Controller. This lets you control PS3 software with your Vita.

http://andriasang.com/con28a/vita_firmware_18/

brentech

Has Sony announced anything about PS One game compatibility yet? At E3 they said it was coming in the summer, and they're running out of time...

Joke post?

A thread about it in main gaming, lots of talk about it here in the last few pages, and a blog post about it today on Sony PlayStation blog.

Aug. 28 some games are available, we have no idea what it means other than 3 specific games they list. Anything else is just assumption or here-say.

Joke post?

A thread about it in main gaming, lots of talk about it here in the last few pages, and a blog post about it today on Sony PlayStation blog.

Aug. 28 some games are available, we have no idea what it means other than 3 specific games they list. Anything else is just assumption or here-say.

The crash games better be day 1

Joke post?

Uhm, alright? Not everyone reads every bit of gaming news, you know. I wasn't going to flip through pages of stuff to find out, so I just asked--not like I made a thread to ask a question, which lots of people seem to do. You just need to chill out.

Cartman86

Banned
EDIT: OLD

So 1.80 firmware has these new features in addition to the PSone update.

- Some functionality for such areas as the home screen, the video player, the music player, and the settings screen can be controlled via the system's buttons

- The video player will support playback at different speeds, rewind and forward, and repeat

-The music player will be able to play back playlists from your PS3 or iTunes

-The Remote Play LiveArea space will have an icon for Cross Controller. This lets you control PS3 software with your Vita.

patsu

- Some functionality for such areas as the home screen, the video player, the music player, and the settings screen can be controlled via the system's buttons

- The video player will support playback at different speeds, rewind and forward, and repeat

-The Remote Play LiveArea space will have an icon for Cross Controller. This lets you control PS3 software with your Vita.

The original list on the PS blog is longer. e.g., web browser and Near improvements.

If the vita can't turn the ps2 on/off I see no point

Whats the best portable charger around? Preferably to charge a ps vita and a psp at the same time. Traveling from BC to Ontario soon and need to keep me and the gf's gaming devices charged!

Not a car cigarette lighter converter or anything, one of the actual portable ones

(i know its been mentioned, but i can't find it..... sorry)

kuroshiki

Whats the best portable charger around? Preferably to charge a ps vita and a psp at the same time. Traveling from BC to Ontario soon and need to keep me and the gf's gaming devices charged!

Not a car cigarette lighter converter or anything, one of the actual portable ones

(i know its been mentioned, but i can't find it..... sorry)

PS vita official portable charger was $19.99. Decent charger with 5000mAh. (2X of regular vita, and PSP 2000 can lasts... what, 24 hrs with this?)

The problem with portable chargers are there are so many cheapo products out there that

1) dies out quick
2) doesn't charge properly.

It's official sony product so buy it with confidence.

Sol1dus

bhuHH.gif

waiting for you to log on.

you guys still on?

The crash games better be day 1

They were given away with PS+. So I DOUBT they'll be included.

Sol1dus

Im tempted to get this and Resistance at that price

I would get uncharted, but my brother already beat it

Unit 13 for $20, not that bad.

Resistance for $20, wait. I want it, but its not worth the $20.

Uncharted for $20, I guess. I did not like the game at all. (big fan of the ps3 games, even 3)

Kyon

Banned

Uncharted for $20, I guess. I did not like the game at all. (big fan of the ps3 games, even 3)

Shin, TKO and I were on but my connection died so TK left... shin is there still

the only game i play on it is Marvel. I know I would at least play the single player campaign in resistance.

unit 13 just seemed sweet from the demo

Uncharted is definitely worth more an $20...for that price, it's a steal. This got adventure, exploration, beautiful graphics, exemplary voice acting. The only con: half assed touch melee/log gyro bits. I liked the touch archaeology ^_^

Unit 13: worth $20, fun and responsive

Resistance: serviceable, technically proficient, otherwise absolute shit. Worth $10, not $20

StuBurns

Banned
Ass Creed Liberation ; touch to win
While I hate things like this, AC is probably the easiest game imaginable. You literally can't fail if you just wait for counters, you can't lose in those games, so just making that process very quick is actually an improvement.

RoeBear

Picked up Rayman Origins for Vita at Best Buy, took some time but the guy price matched it for $10. He tried to tell me that "All platforms" as said in the ad meant only Wii.

kuroshiki

While I hate things like this, AC is probably the easiest game imaginable. You literally can't fail if you just wait for counters, you can't lose in those games, so just making that process very quick is actually an improvement.

I agree. It's almost impossible to die in AC.

Their ad said that the sale was valid on all platforms it rang up as 40. Took some hassle to get them to make the transaction to say $10, but worth it.

Entirely. Best platformer for me this generation. I owned on PS3 (platinum), now own on Vita (in the process of platinum), and even own on Steam.

Still debating Unit 13, played 3 minutes of the Resistance demo before thinking "this isn't worth $20, maybe $10"; will be interesting to see what I think of Uncharted, considering I loved 1, really liked 3, and hated 2.

Entirely. Best platformer for me this generation. I owned on PS3 (platinum), now own on Vita (in the process of platinum), and even own on Steam.

Still debating Unit 13, played 3 minutes of the Resistance demo before thinking "this isn't worth $20, maybe $10"; will be interesting to see what I think of Uncharted, considering I loved 1, really liked 3, and hated 2.

I haven't played any other Uncharted, but many people compare the game to the first in the series.

I will say, the game has a lot of jungle platform ing and some brilliant environments to see. The draw distance is spectacular, the lighting is vibrant and stunning. Simply watching shadows dance across Drake, from overhead branches which subtly sway above, sunlight flickering through the environmental foliage...quite a sight to behold ion the portable...

It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom