• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
rjTWH.gif

I do, however, agree that Rayman is fantastic.

I can understand that, the highs of UC3 beat UC2 but I think UC2 is the better game overall. Enjoyed U3 a bit more though and Absolutely hated GA.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I can understand that, the highs of UC3 beat UC2 but I think UC2 is the better game overall. Enjoyed U3 a bit more though and Absolutely hated GA.

Uncharted 3 was trash and a disgrace to the ND name, nothing in it beat anything in Uncharted 2.

Killzone 3 however improved the shooting big time and it run better than KZ2 and I gave it that but the story and levels and the entire ending section were beyond horrible.

Uncharted 3 was trash and a disgrace to the ND name, nothing in it beat anything in Uncharted 2.

Killzone 3 however improved the shooting big time and it run better than KZ2 and I gave it that but the story and levels and the entire ending section were beyond horrible.

We must not have played the same game. Nothing in UC2 comes close to the boat graveyard, the boat(while absolute filler), the airplane and the desert level in U3.

Uncharted 3 was a great game, but because it followed the masterpiece that was UC2, it's looked down on

the game was rushed though, most obvious of this was not just that it was 3-4 hours shorter, but they didn't have any SP unlockables like they did in UC1-2

Sol1dus

We must not have played the same game. Nothing in UC2 comes close to the boat graveyard, the boat(while absolute filler), the airplane and the desert level in U3.

The boat graveyard wasn't that great. It didn't even have to be there for the story. And the airplane scene lasted what? 6 minutes?

Nothing in UC3 beats the train from UC2, nothing.

The boat graveyard wasn't that great. It didn't even have to be there for the story. And the airplane scene lasted what? 6 minutes?

Nothing in UC3 beats the train from UC2, nothing.

I said that it was filler. But anyway it's OT and yea the boat was better than the train section in U2.

Marz

So BlazBlue Extend is 24.99 on PSN now I noticed that Continnum Shift 2 for PSP is also 24.99 lmao no wonder this thing isn't doing so hot.

Also lmao at Capcom still hyping up SFxTekken on Vita.....it looks cool and all but they waited until the game was already dead before releasing this version why?

|ync

hate quoting myself, but anyone care to comment? wouldn't want to be hurting my battery

"The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while."

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

I'm really liking the news i've seen out of gamescom so far. Lots of cool new announced features and games. Would have been nice to have this at E3 but oh wells

And boy is that Vita saved a mess. I was going to post, but just decided to head over hear instead. Not worth the energy to debate the moving goalposts of people who have no interest (and never will) in the device

But they need more PSOne games to be compatible. I fear another painfully slow Sony rollout :/

The is one little section of climbing in the boat graveyard that reminded me of that horrible train sequence that ND was so proud of they made you do it twice.

Off topic, but for those of you who want the rant on that hate of Uncharted 2:
Between the double train sequence, the horrible supernatural twist, the shift off puzzle solving and into straight run and gun for the majority of the game and the addition of multiplayer, I loathe that game. Not only did 3 have a more Uncharted 1 type story, but the ability to take on certain sections as stealth vs. rambo and the lack of a really supernatural element such as the giant smurfs of shambala (I was okay with the cursed zombie type deals in 1 though, strangely...). If I could take the control/gameplay improvements from two and port them back to 1, 1 would be superior to 2 in *every* way.

--

Ordered Unit 13.
I have too many games to play.
I think Gravity Rush is the only must have I'm waiting for a price drop on.
There's a few more games I wouldn't mind having too, like BBCS2E (though I don't know if I can pull the trigger, even for $25 with CP just around the corner), NGS+, Touch my Katamari and maybe a few more.

slade

For the record, I enjoyed UC Golden Abyss more than UC3.

Same. Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 2 were good games that began to drag on quite a bit towards the end. I found gameplay and scenarios to be more varied in 1 and GA. Didn't like the QTE's at the end of GA though.

Kyon

Banned
Is it? The little I've heard about the game plays up the touch stuff (tagging multiple enemies, for instance) quite a bit.

its optional. You dont need a confirmation for that. It's most likely for the more casual players.

EDIT: You guys really think it would play like that? lol

its optional. You dont need a confirmation for that. It's most likely for the more casual players.

EDIT: You guys really think it would play like that? lol

With PS1 Classics probably going up with select titles, anything is possible!

But no, really, some of you guys are crazy for thinking touch to kill isn't optional.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Need to vent a bit because I was stupid.

I forgot my bag in a park and my Vita was in it. Got the bag back from the police without the Vita.
Is there a way for the thief to use it because I had a passcode for it?
Should I remove it from the registered devices list or keep it if they manage to use and it to track it?
Is there a Sony (Japan) hotline where I can send email or call to report this?

I already gave all the necessary info to the police so at least if it miraculously pops up somewhere, maybe I get it back.

Damn stupid of me to forget the bag, but shit happens so I don't worry that much. Any other tips? It's a wifi Vita.

Oh, and they also stole my sun lotion?? What's up with that? People with a tan are out of my suspects list.

My brother in law loves him some Madden, and I knew he was coming over today, so I downloaded the Madden demo so he could check out the Vita. I JUST got it back from him! XD

He was playing Virtua Tennis, Foosball, Hot Shots Golf, etc. He got the most addicted to Hot Shots surprisingly. He said he loved the challenge. Then he proceeded to ask me how much are the games and console. I'm proud of my Vita. ^_^

patsu

I forgot my bag in a park and my Vita was in it. Got the bag back from the police without the Vita.
Should I remove it from the registered devices list or keep it if they manage to use and it to track it?

I already gave all the necessary info to the police so at least if it miraculously pops up somewhere, maybe I get it back.

Damn stupid of me to forget the bag, but shit happens so I don't worry that much. Any other tips? It's a wifi Vita.

Oh, and they also stole my sun lotion?? What's up with that? People with a tan are out of my suspects list.

Ouch. I feel the pain. Left my PSP and 5 games on the plane. ^_^

I wonder when EA is going to give us some info about Fifa! Or do we have to get surprised with the full game. This is really BS that they couldn't give one minute of their time to tell us how Vita's version is gonna looks like unless they have nothing to say and it's the same as the first one which I have but don't really play because of the dated defense system.
Same with NFS MW.
This is for EA, but I fell in love with Sony today lol

My brother in law loves him some Madden, and I knew he was coming over today, so I downloaded the Madden demo so he could check out the Vita. I JUST got it back from him! XD

He was playing Virtua Tennis, Foosball, Hot Shots Golf, etc. He got the most addicted to Hot Shots surprisingly. He said he loved the challenge. Then he proceeded to ask me how much are the games and console. I'm proud of my Vita. ^_^

haha yeah I know this feeling when you seduce someone with your gadgets lol

zroid

Banned
All this talk of lost Vitas has got me thinking maybe I should leave my phone number on the system somewhere, in case it's found by a less than awful person.

Maybe as a photo? But that's probably too obtuse.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
All this talk of lost Vitas has got me thinking maybe I should leave my phone number on the system somewhere, in case it's found by a less than awful person.

Maybe as a photo? But that's probably too obtuse.
The lock screen is the only place I can think to put it, although a sticky note in the case (if you own one) would do.

EDIT: Great, now I feel weird for memorizing my phone number, too.

the next person to call me crazy is going to be strangled
You're insane.

Stolen sunscreen? It's a vampire.

In all seriousness, I've never had an electronic stolen so I'm not sure what to do. I'd definitely get in touch with Sony somehow and see if they can deduce where the Vita last signed in and under which IP, but... did you have a credit card tied to your account?

Madden demo is up. Strange how there was so little info. Let's hope it doesn't suck...

Some first thoughts about it were posted earlier on this topic. Looks like it's not a bad game, gameplay is good, some problems with sounds which may be only because of the demo.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
EDIT: Great, now I feel weird for memorizing my phone number, too.

You're insane.

In all seriousness, I've never had an electronic stolen so I'm not sure what to do. I'd definitely get in touch with Sony somehow and see if they can deduce where the Vita last signed in and under which IP, but... did you have a credit card tied to your account?
Don't most people have their phone number memorized?

you best be lockin ya doors and windows tonight cus imma comin for ya

I've been lucky enough to not have lost electronics either, which is fortunate considering my name, address, phone number, debit card number, and browsing history (what if somebody finds out I watched the first four episodes of Elfen Lied on my Vita?) are all on the device.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
To try and steer this back on-topic, I really hope that 1.80 brings some stealth improvements, like better wallpaper compression and party support. Eight people in a party with spotty voice communication? Sony, please.

...coz he's a vampire.
do vampires not use phones or something

beason52

Neo Member
That "is the vita saved" thread... Just... Wow

Why do so many people appear to almost want to watch the system burn. Gotta laugh at the rediculous comments thrown around in there.

Man... I was tempted to go in there, but I decided against it. Don't want to ruin my buzz.

Seriously, to think after gamescom people would be a bit more positive about it. I don't believe vita is "saved"(depending on your definition of saved) but i feel that sony is really stepping it up into the right direction. Finally we see first party studios working on the vita, and the whole cross buy means that many of PS3 games in the future will be heading to the vita as well. I think the vita has a bright future ahead, seeing as sony seems to really focus this time around. Now back to Gravity Rush :p

Yeah. To sell more it needs a price drop and marketing.

What gamescon did for me was show some great games coming out and that ps mobile will give me a ton of ios style indie games to play. That is exactly what I hoped for so hurray from me.

Hanmik

regarding the PS1 news for Vita.. on the blog they wrote 3 games will be coming to Vita August 28th..

But I just recieved the official press release from the Danish department of Sony. And they write this..

Looking to downloadable products, Jim Ryan revealed that from August 28th, over 100 PS One classics including Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 2 will be available to download for PS Vita.

so what is it..?

Kyon

Banned
like i said.. they will reveal the full list later on.

I think they just mentioned those 3 games because they are the most popular and best selling.

People having meltdowns thinking it will launch with 3 games are crazy

Ouc that sux - i can feel the pain as i lost half my MTG collection that way.

You should probably block internet transactions on your credit card so they don't go on a shopping spree in PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom