• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

That "is the vita saved" thread... Just... Wow

Why do so many people appear to almost want to watch the system burn. Gotta laugh at the rediculous comments thrown around in there.

I don't consider myself to be a Sony fan (more of a multiplatform fan that appreciates variety in games) and I felt sorry for all the Sony fans.

You know guys, you staying away from these threads might not be such a good idea after all. If this negative stigma carries on, then it will seriously cause some damage in the future. I'm not asking you to be fanboys about it, but if a lot of you were more positive about gamescon, then why not mention it in that thread?

I'm going to carry on reading that thread and then add a reply later personally.

I don't consider myself to be a Sony fan (more of a multiplatform fan that appreciates variety in games) and I felt sorry for all the Sony fans.

You know guys, you staying away from these threads might not be such a good idea after all. If this negative stigma carries on, then it will seriously cause some damage in the future. I'm not asking you to be fanboys about it, but if a lot of you were more positive about gamescon, then why not mention it in that thread?

I'm going to carry on reading that thread and then add a reply later personally.

Well, I had a quick look at this thread and just realized that most of these people won't ever stop being dicks about the Vita. Even if it has as much games as iOS. It's not like they are waiting for it to pick up, no they just troll for trolling sake and it gets to the point that it's just a trend to snap at Sony and Vita just for the sake of it. In this thread we criticize Sony when we see the need to, and that was the case before yesterday. We were all upset thinking Gamescom would end up being another E3 where Sony don't give a shit about Vita but after all what we've got it won't be fair if we don't say THANK YOU SONY FOR LOOKING AFTER PEOPLE SUPPORTING YOUR DEVICE. We got almost 90% or even more of what we asked for. Being happy now I don't wanna ruin my mood arguing with people whose main target is to prove Vita is a piece of crab and same is Sony. I'm just enjoying my Vita and glad I'm gonna be getting some games for free under Cross Buy system that Sony announced yesterday. So yeah that's pretty much what most people here would be thinking now( I guess ).

demigod

like i said.. they will reveal the full list later on.

I think they just mentioned those 3 games because they are the most popular and best selling.

People having meltdowns thinking it will launch with 3 games are crazy

Can't help it when every fucking media says it though.

SmokyDave

Goddamn that Gamescon conference was good last night. I'm already very happy with my Vita and the current games selection but it was re-assuring to see that the future isn't quite as bleak as it first appeared.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Could someone please repost the link to the site that talks about some of the playstation mobile games showed yesterday?

Well, I had a quick look at this thread and just realized that most of these people won't ever stop being dicks about the Vita. Even if it has as much games as iOS. It's not like they are waiting for it to pick up, no they just troll for trolling sake and it gets to the point that it's just a trend to snap at Sony and Vita just for the sake of it. In this thread we criticize Sony when we see the need to, and that was the case before yesterday. We were all upset thinking Gamescom would end up being another E3 where Sony don't give a shit about Vita but after all what we've got it won't be fair if we don't say THANK YOU SONY FOR LOOKING AFTER PEOPLE SUPPORTING YOUR DEVICE. We got almost 90% or even more of what we asked for. Being happy now I don't wanna ruin my mood arguing with people whose main target is to prove Vita is a piece of crab and same is Sony. I'm just enjoying my Vita and glad I'm gonna be getting some games for free under Cross Buy system that Sony announced yesterday. So yeah that's pretty much what most people here would be thinking now( I guess ).

Dont let them get to you. PS3 had to endure the same thing and look how that turned out.

kiyomi

Alright, just caught up with last night's stuff, shame I couldn't watch it/participate in the chat. Anyways:

- Tearaway. Hell yes. Always happy to see new IP, hopefully it will continue in MM's vein of wanting to create a game that you can customize and create.

- Puppeteer. Uh, wow? I guess? I'm not quite sure what it is but I think I like it.

- AC:Liberation. Was not interested in this but the more I see of it, the more I want it.

- PS1 support. Initially, I was overjoyed.. but.. but.. oh man. Oh man. I just really, really, really hope the 3 games they've confirmed are only what they know, 100%, will be there. 'Cause 3 games a month or whatever the supposed schedule was.. is just not good enough.

- Cross buy. Good news. Not sure I'm interested in the games that'll be participating though, but hopefully more games will be xbuy.

I also saw this, I think there was some talk about it ;

As of later this year, buy either the PlayStation 3 or PS Vita version of a compatible game and you’ll be able to download the other at no additional cost. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clack: QForce (yes, that’s now a Vita title too) and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time are the first games confirmed to support this new feature.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/14/sony-at-gamescom-2012-all-the-announcements/#more-77171

So maybe you don't have to buy the PS3 version, as was speculated.

Edit : Oh, I see it was addressed in another thread. My bad, I don't really read that many other threads ^_^

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Goddamn that Gamescon conference was good last night. I'm already very happy with my Vita and the current games selection but it was re-assuring to see that the future isn't quite as bleak as it first appeared.
There is still tgs, which is almost assuredly vita centric. More good things to come still (hopefully)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
There are some speculations going on about Call of Duty:Black Ops Declassified says it might be funded and handled by Sony.

if this was true I guess now we know why Gearbox wanted Sony to port Boarderland 2 for them. (also Rovio)

Hopefully its optional

Is it? The little I've heard about the game plays up the touch stuff (tagging multiple enemies, for instance) quite a bit.

its optional. You dont need a confirmation for that. It's most likely for the more casual players.

EDIT: You guys really think it would play like that? lol

as Kyon (and other) said it's optional
his power, called a "chain kill," isn't some one-time-only superpower; it's something players can do whenever they want, and is designed to let players who don't want to deal with long swordfights bypass them.

Of course, it's optional, so if you want a more challenging experience, you can forgo the chain kills. Interestingly enough, the chain kills seem to have been added because the core combat has (actually!) been made more difficult. Ubisoft giveth, and Ubisoft taketh away.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477209

I think it was wrong to show that in the trailer,now many people like lunch will think the game is like that.

Rasec

haha yeah I know this feeling when you seduce someone with your gadgets lol
I shared me vita with my girlfriend for a week and now she loves the vita xD.
She even asks me when can i share it again with her since she hasn't finished uncharted yet and she loves kicking butt in marvel vs capcom 3 xD.

Oh yeah, music....sound shapes tomorrow! Damn will try and do lumines video then, just before the store update - worth it trust me. Both watching the video and the game that is :p

hmmm, if you do the video share it so i can decide if it's worth it. xP
Just kidding xD, i'm having fun with the demo and like the visuals and the way they deal with the music.
If i'm not mistaken the sale on the game is available for a week. If so gives me some time to decide.

magawolaz

Alright, just caught up with last night's stuff, shame I couldn't watch it/participate in the chat. Anyways:

- Tearaway. Hell yes. Always happy to see new IP, hopefully it will continue in MM's vein of wanting to create a game that you can customize and create.

- Puppeteer. Uh, wow? I guess? I'm not quite sure what it is but I think I like it.

- AC:Liberation. Was not interested in this but the more I see of it, the more I want it.

- PS1 support. Initially, I was overjoyed.. but.. but.. oh man. Oh man. I just really, really, really hope the 3 games they've confirmed are only what they know, 100%, will be there. 'Cause 3 games a month or whatever the supposed schedule was.. is just not good enough.

- Cross buy. Good news. Not sure I'm interested in the games that'll be participating though, but hopefully more games will be xbuy.

I also saw this, I think there was some talk about it ;

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/14/sony-at-gamescom-2012-all-the-announcements/#more-77171

So maybe you don't have to buy the PS3 version, as was speculated.

Edit : Oh, I see it was addressed in another thread. My bad, I don't really read that many other threads ^_^
I believe Puppeteer is PS3 only.

kiyomi

I was JUST about to post that as my mistake.

:3

Maybe it'll come out on Vita though, you never know. Maybe I am psychic.

or not :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Yeah which is weird, both Rain and Puppeteer sound like a good fit for PSVita too. (same with Tokyo Jungle),sure there are game that are you know there are for big HDTVs experiences (Beyond: Two Souls and for an example) but Rain and Puppeteer sound they can be great on Vita especially Puppeteer.

oh well..it's Sony decision after all.

RpgN

MrBambinoDent said:

It's understandable that you don't want to ruin the mood. It does get very tiring, but I had to let off some steam. lol, I almost sound like a Sony defender. What the hell are guys doing to me?!

Puppeteer (and Rain) would have been great Vita games :( But I'm still going to enjoy them on the PS3.

Mondriaan

It's understandable that you don't want to ruin the mood. It does get very tiring, but I had to let off some steam. lol, I almost sound like a Sony defender. What the hell are guys doing to me?!
Well, you don't have to keep going into that thread. It will make you crazy and crazy is contagious.

RpgN

Well, you don't have to keep going into that thread. It will make you crazy and crazy is contagious.

Yes, I've had my fill. I'm going to rest and play Sonic Generations on the 3DS ironically. But I'll probably also try out Unit-13 on the Vita today, love redeemed ^_^

Shinriji

That's actually the other game I was looking to get lol. Yeah the Vita version needs to come out soon

Great Vita Party yesterday with Kyon, TKO and more when we commented Gamescon, GAF hate towards Vita and TearAway, Adhoc Party, TOM Blitz strategies and more.

Vita GAF is the best GAF

Is anyone here with Ridge Racer Vita willing to accept the Devil's Gift from me so I can finally have my lovely Reiko background back and snag that trophy? The Crinale just handles terribly and I want to stop driving it ASAP...

EDIT: Oh never mind, it seems I have that trophy already. Don't even remember getting it... Need to sleep...

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
So who else is worried that Most Wanted is just going to be the iOS version :x.

At the end of the trailers they never show the box for it. Just 360, PC and PS3.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Does the system cramp your hands??

I have a lot of issues with my right hand and was curious. Small nintendo systems won't work..

Well, it is big, but long periods of play will still cause hand cramps because it has no handles. A flat slab is just not going to be all that ergonomic.

This problem will hopefully be solved when my $5 grip attachment from ebay ships.

hwy_61

Banned
Well, it is big, but long periods of play will still cause hand cramps because it has no handles. A flat slab is just not going to be all that ergonomic.

This problem will hopefully be solved when my $5 grip attachment from ebay ships.

Which grip attachment? Is it the CTA one?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Which grip attachment? Is it the CTA one?

I think it is just one of those cheap brandless grips. you can just take a look here.

It is only a couple of bucks, so if it turns out it sucks, it is no big deal. I don't see how it can fail though, it is just a piece of molded plastic which adds humps to both side of the Vita.

"The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while."

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Not sure I understand what I just read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom