• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Some first thoughts about it were posted earlier on this topic. Looks like it's not a bad game, gameplay is good, some problems with sounds which may be only because of the demo.

Yeah, it's definitely not terrible (which I was expecting). It looks great and the gameplay's solid. I think the commentary is decent too.

My issues with it:

- The camera for passing is too zoomed out. Hopefully this can be changed in options (locked in the demo).
- The passing seems a bit clunky but maybe I just suck?
- I found a huge glitch already. I did an onsides kick and even touched the ball early for a penalty but the other team started on their own 20 wtf lol. Let's hope it was just random.

All that said, the game seems pretty good. It is lightyears ahead of the psp and iOS Madden games IMO.

PS: I haven't played the ps3 demo yet so I'm not comparing it to that.

Sol1dus

Oh that's cool, discuss TOM Blitz without me. Fine. Just. Dandy.

Also, I'm excited to play the gameloft games using Playstation Mobile. N.O.V.A 3 using buttons? Yes please.

regarding the PS1 news for Vita.. on the blog they wrote 3 games will be coming to Vita August 28th..

But I just recieved the official press release from the Danish department of Sony. And they write this..

so what is it..?

Hmmm, sounds like what I was saying when I told people to calm down and wait for official lists/word on the matter -- that Sony might mention the heavy hitters, then bring out the full list and have it be like 25+ games, not like 6... 100+ is nothing to sneeze at and hopefully they have a good number of the most popular games working.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Dont let them get to you. PS3 had to endure the same thing and look how that turned out.

That isn't very hopeful for me. If it wasn't my blu ray player my Ps3 would be a highly regretted purchase. I don't think I've really enjoyed any disc based exclusives for them all gen besides Uncharted 2/3 and that is only a tiny bit since I find the combat in them to be awful.

darkwing

my golly, been playing with my Vita now for the past few hours, the screen is gorgeous , but why can't I have folders? too many bubbles!

gcubed

There are some speculations going on about Call of Duty:Black Ops Declassified says it might be funded and handled by Sony.

if this was true I guess now we know why Gearbox wanted Sony to port Boarderland 2 for them. (also Rovio)

Man, i'd much MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have borderlands 2 with save syncing, etc.

Not sure I understand what I just read

LiON batteries don't have memories, you can charge them at any point whenever you want.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I maybe a little late to the party, but near is awesome, have to bring my Vita anywhere now
On the contrary, I'm pretty sure you are the entire Near party.

I used Near after a plane trip and was amazed to see how many people were using Vitas nearby (which only helped solidified my university choice), and having the app tell me I've traveled thousands of miles was amusing, but I'm still not sure what Near's purpose is.

darkwing

On the contrary, I'm pretty sure you are the entire Near party.

I used Near after a plane trip and was amazed to see how many people were using Vitas nearby (which only helped solidified my university choice), and having the app tell me I've traveled thousands of miles was amusing, but I'm still not sure what Near's purpose is.

I collected some things from this TOM Blitz game, no idea what it is so I clicked on the Store icon on near

wow this is a nice game like Bejeweled, never would have known about it without near

I think its the most popular game in my area judging from the game goods lol

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I collected some things from this TOM Blitz game, no idea what it is so I clicked on the Store icon on near

wow this is a nice game like Bejeweled, never would have known about it without near

I think its the most popular game in my area judging from the game goods lol
You only get game goods from people who are on your friends list, and since Montezuma's free, it tends to be one of the more frequent games to pop up. I've mostly received Super Stardust Delta song downloads, and unless the soundtrack consists of 457 songs, I think I've downloaded the soundtrack fifteen times over, so I've stopped checking my Game Goods. I'm hoping there are games that take an interesting approach to the idea rather than just using Game Goods as a way of earning collectibles that would otherwise be in the game proper, but I'm not sure how else it could be used.

Also, Bejeweled >>>>>>>>>>>>> Montezuma Blitz any day of the week, and that's coming from somebody who spent twenty of his precious US dollars on the game.

darkwing

You only get game goods from people who are on your friends list, and since Montezuma's free, it tends to be one of the more frequent games to pop up. I've mostly received Super Stardust Delta song downloads, and unless the soundtrack consists of 457 songs, I think I've downloaded the soundtrack fifteen times over, so I've stopped checking my Game Goods. I'm hoping there are games that take an interesting approach to the idea rather than just using Game Goods as a way of earning collectibles that would otherwise be in the game proper, but I'm not sure how else it could be used.

Also, Bejeweled >>>>>>>>>>>>> Montezuma Blitz any day of the week, and that's coming from somebody who spent twenty of his precious US dollars on the game.

Bejeweled is in the PSN Store? hmmm I'm pretty sure the game goods I got now are from people who are not in my friends list btw

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Bejeweled is in the PSN Store? hmmm I'm pretty sure the game goods I got now are from people who are not in my friends list btw
I know Peggle's on the PSN store, but I'm not sure about Bejeweled. It'd surprise me if Bejeweled 3 wasn't ported to the PSP.

My god the screen tearing and frame rate in madden during the cut scenes is terrible. I'd prefer if it was just a static screen over that, or greatly reduced visuals. Screen tearing bugs the shit of me.

I guess I'll be waiting to see if this in the final version or not, seeing as it releases in 2 weeks i'm not hopeful.....

During the actual gameplay, the frame rate holds up quite nicely.

Skyzard

Banned
Was just playing it.... so good. No issues connecting to community levels either.

Asscreed looks ok from the video, pretty good, a welcome addition to the vita. But I still want to see more first..the gameplay looks a bit meh from that video? I'm sure it will be good, as least it seems to run well too.

Is that really in game or are those bullshots?

Shadows look too good tbh, have a look at the video though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTm8x7fvQU

not took far off..

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
does anyone know if Cave has any intention bringing their shooters to vita? seeing how i bought an xbox for those game, i would do the same for vita.
I thought the reason Cave was publishing their games on the 360 was because of issues they had with Sony, so I doubt things would change with the Vita.

Kyon

Banned
..Image quality is just beyond vita,that bullshots.

or it can be from a console version ( well there is no only on PlayStation tag on the coverart so Ubi might be readying a console release too)

The offscreen video leads me to believe its not bullshots

Sid

..Image quality is just beyond vita,that bullshots.

or it can be from a console version ( well there is no only on PlayStation tag on the coverart so Ubi might be readying a console release too)
There is an only on ps tag on this game i think you are referring to ac3

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
There is an only on ps tag on this game i think you are referring to ac3

51dY4rQ6xqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rasec

Damn, had to delete msg hd so i could have space to buy sound shapes and since mgs was the only game i hadn't started yet and it was gonna take a while until i begin playing it i decided to keep it aside for a white.

I could have some space if i deleted the lumines demo since is 700mb but still thinking if i'll get it or not. Guess letting it stay there is a signal i'm pending to the side of buying it xD

Sound shapes here i come o/
And maybe lumines and maybe 3rd birthday (there was always something in me that makes me want to get it but i keep delaying it)

Damn, had to delete msg hd so i could have space to buy sound shapes and since mgs was the only game i hadn't started yet and it was gonna take a while until i begin playing it i decided to keep it aside for a white.

I could have some space if i deleted the lumines demo since is 700mb but still thinking if i'll get it or not. Guess letting it stay there is a signal i'm pending to the side of buying it xD

And maybe lumines and maybe 3rd birthday (there was always something in me that makes me want to get it but i keep delaying it)

You can always redownload them. :)

Skyzard

Banned

Deleted another PSP game...Midnight club la that I just picked up in the sale last week..but worth it.

Hang in there with lumines, just got to get off internet and take care of a few things and will be able to convince you through youtube.

Skip 3rd birthday, not that I've played it but I heard it was a boring run and gun shooter. But with a decent atmosphere...not sure what the consensus is here and might be worth speaking up guys as it looked appealing otherwise.

Beast780

my golly, been playing with my Vita now for the past few hours, the screen is gorgeous , but why can't I have folders? too many bubbles!

Welcome to the dark side! I can't imagine folders are to far off. You know what would kick ass is that WHEN we get folders if they could have customizable wallpapers when they open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom