• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

if they hadn't spent time marketing this for the Vita, then it is likely to be an iOS port :|

Man I have to stop putting faith in these games, I preordered every game for October and do not have info on a few of em. I am an addicted gamer, this needs to stop.

Shinriji

Also, Bejeweled >>>>>>>>>>>>> Montezuma Blitz any day of the week, and that's coming from somebody who spent twenty of his precious US dollars on the game.

The whole crystal/weekly friends leaderboards/near/boosters/1 minute is what makes TOM Blitz so damn addicting. Of course, one of the is on Vita, the other isn't.

Shotouts to the TOM family.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The whole crystal/weekly friends leaderboards/near/boosters/1 minute is what makes TOM Blitz so damn addicting. Of course, one of the is on Vita, the other isn't.

The only person on my friends list who played the game when I tried it was so much better than me that I gave up. I want to be a champion.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The only person on my friends list who played the game when I tried it was so much better than me that I gave up. I want to be a champion.

Isn't Montezuma Blitz broken anyway? (older version is full of bugs, press ? to score high numbers..ect?)

darkwing

yeah, I can see it now :| btw why do you have to spend $ for TOM? granting I have just been playing a few games

My god the screen tearing and frame rate in madden during the cut scenes is terrible. I'd prefer if it was just a static screen over that, or greatly reduced visuals. Screen tearing bugs the shit of me.

I guess I'll be waiting to see if this in the final version or not, seeing as it releases in 2 weeks i'm not hopeful.....

During the actual gameplay, the frame rate holds up quite nicely.

Yes I completely agree with you, the screen tearing is just horrible in the game. I could do without the cut scenes and the commentary - save that stuff for the big screen versions. When playing a portable football game I just want to play football.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Isn't Montezuma Blitz broken anyway? (older version is full of bugs, press ? to score high numbers..ect?)
I played it a month ago and everything worked fine for me. I didn't find it particularly fun, but technically, the game was okay.

RpgN

Unit-13 is approved :) What a relaxing game this one is, I love the controls and how slick the menu is. I didn't know you could change the camera while running in the demo, that's a life changer in the full game. It's also nice that there are short missions as well. I'm going to enjoy this more than I thought.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Unit-13 is approved :) What a relaxing game this one is, I love the controls and how slick the menu is. I didn't know you could change the camera while running in the demo, that's a life changer in the full game. It's also nice that there are short missions as well. I'm going to enjoy this more than I thought.
Relaxing is the last word I would've used to describe the game judging off screenshots alone. Guess I'll try the demo.

Glix

Can we talk about how the game doesn't pause while the screenshot is being taken? Can we talk about how this is the worst thing ever?

Protip: Never take a screenshot whilst playing Lumines

Spwn

yeah, I can see it now :| btw why do you have to spend $ for TOM? granting I have just been playing a few games

You have an option to buy more crystals to pay for the totems and bonus boosters or buy your lives refilled if you can't wait a couple of minutes.

RpgN

Relaxing is the last word I would've used to describe the game judging off screenshots alone. Guess I'll try the demo.

That's because there are stealth missions where it's better if you don't kill any guards. In the more varied missions, you can tackle them however you want. You can go all rambo but you can also use stealth and kill them from behind. You have a decent map at hand where the game is actually tactical, you can see where nearby enemies are and plan your moves around them. I think that's what made the experience relaxing for me. But I haven't tried other types of missions yet.

EDIT
Oh, and you have different squads on your team (I think it was 7?) with their own stats and they also level up. I guess it makes sense why this game is called a tactical shooter now.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
That's because there are stealth missions where it's better if you don't kill any guards. In the more varied missions, you can tackle them however you want. You can go all rambo but you can also use stealth and kill them from behind. You have a decent map at hand where the game is actually tactical, you can see where nearby enemies are and plan your moves around them. I think that's what made the experience relaxing for me. But I haven't tried other types of missions yet.
Sounds good. Every now and then I like a good old stealth game, even if I end up finding them really tense. I'll give the demo a shot then; this thread has done a good job of selling the game.

Sounds good. Every now and then I like a good old stealth game, even if I end up finding them really tense. I'll give the demo a shot then; this thread has done a good job of selling the game.

I queued up the demos for Unit 13 and Resistance last night after seeing they were $20 at gohastings. I thought that Unit 13 seemed like a competent TPS with a lot of depth (7 squadmates or something, like 40 missions, lots of guns, etc.). Resistance didn't impress.

After asking in here and hearing a ton of praise and saying $20 was a great deal for it, I bit and ordered Unit 13 from gohastings. I did not go for Resistance. Whoever said the demo would convince me not to buy it was 100% correct. :lol

Sol1dus

Lunch prefers Bejeweled to TOM Blitz because he has no self control. :p

ToM is way more entertaining than Bejeweled.

Also- I'm wondering if Resistance sucked because Nihilistic were focusing more on CoD? I have no hope for CoD getting above a 7.0 but just makes me wonder.

darkwing

just tried the Unit 13 demo, it is actually decent, pulled off headshots too, twin sticks so good

too bad for Zipper :| they should have made COD:Declassified or something

I had a problem a few days back when my vita was completely dead. Tried charging it over and over and it would do nothing but blink orange.

I had to hook it to the computer to turn the screen on, showing it was pretty much dead, then plug it into the wall.

I think either my cable, or the charging socket is going on mine. Some times when I plug it in it wont showing it charging. Takes like three attempts till I can verify it actually charging.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Lunch prefers Bejeweled to TOM Blitz because he has no self control. :p

ToM is way more entertaining than Bejeweled.
When I start spending money just so I can have in-game jewels, it's time for me to step back and wonder what I'm doing with my life.

I can't believe the Montezuma defense force here. Y'all are crazy.

Sol1dus

When I start spending money just so I can have in-game jewels, it's time for me to step back and wonder what I'm doing with my life.

For a free game, its great. Now if I would have had to pay for anything, it wouldn't even be on my Vita. But I was just picking on you. :)

DBT85

Nice to see the Gamecom blowout yesterday. New FW looks like it's got a few cool bits in aside from PS1 BC. I asked Yoshida about the web browser using the rear touch months ago so I'm glad they added that.

Downloading Sound Shapes now, spend ages today transferring over 3gb of music for my holiday (Florida 2 weeks). Looking forward to the flight with so much to play and listen to.

Played Wipeout Multiplayer for the first time at the weekend. I like how everyone playing can have different aims for that particular race aside from trying to win. EG. trying to attack a specific enemy, 2 enemies etc. If only my internet at home was better I could play it more!

Rasec

Hmmmm

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/25931/breaking-psn-breach-anonymous?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Is it true that psn got breached again?
Because it sound super fake to me. xD
for the safe side i'll chance my password now.
If they have my credit card i guess they only have access to the latest i used.
If so there's no dangerous.
well, my email isn't in the supposed Pastebin post showing hashed passwords and the email addresses associated with them for better be safe than sorry.

Well, sound shapes finally downloaded so it's for me to have fun ^^

Grinchy

Banned

haha I can't believe you actually spent money on that stupid game. The only time I ever play it is when I'm taking a shit, which is quite fitting. I would never spend a dime on it.

Hmmmm

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/25931/breaking-psn-breach-anonymous?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Is it true that psn got breached again?
Because it sound super fake to me. xD
for the safe side i'll chance my password now.
If they have my credit card i guess they only have access to the latest i used.
If so there's no dangerous.
well, my email isn't in the supposed Pastebin post showing hashed passwords and the email addresses associated with them for better be safe than sorry.

Well, sound shapes finally downloaded so it's for me to have fun ^^

Just a Twitter/Kotaku rumor, no need to fret. :D

Rasec

thanks for the link to the topic.
yup, is looked fake after looking with attention to the news and that supposed post with emails.
If it was really a twitter done by anonymous i think they been getting less and less attention so this could be a publicity stunt.
oh well, i getting off-topic now xD

Btw, no madden demo in europe, so i guess ea still decides in no madden for europeans to try and perhaps buy it.

That's awesome.

Did you have to go to customer service for that and have them pull up the web site? I actually want to get Unit 13

I just went up to a regular employee, had him look it up on a computer and he then went over and confirmed it at check out. If I spent $40-50 on the game I would have felt disappointed but $20 and I am very satisfied.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually going to head over there in 40 when I get off work. Might actually pick up Resistance as well for that price.

Skyzard

Banned
Those bejewelled games...

Play lumines instead guys. Maybe stardrone extreme or pinball even..

they suck you in and give you so little in return...but you can't escape. Lumines does it better..

Nosgoroth

Vita has my attention after Gamescom and I am now convinced that I need one soonish, but there is one thing that would make me get one NOW (as in, tomorrow), and this is it:

Does PS3 Media Server work with it? My iPad is dead (and will be for about a month) and it turns out I like watching stuff in bed too much.

Goddamn BlazBlue CSE looks good on the Vita. And there is so_much_content. Jesus. Haven't played BB since the first, is Tager still the only grappler?

Skyzard

Banned
@darkwing Ah...still worth it if you aren't short on other games imo.. It's a nice addition to anyone's collection. On sale in the EU today too, £20.

Not sure if media centre works with it yet although I read something about some features in 1.8 which is in 2 weeks or so..?

Skyzard

Banned
I regret reading the "vita saved?" thread, nothing ever productive ever comes out of that debate, they're circling the drain.

Definitely avoid reading anything like those threads.

The vita is stellar, nothing to worry about. Admittedly it hasn't gotten the absolute best treatment in terms of talent and development that it deserves, it's not been rubbish by any means. It's a luxury that will keep getting better.

=========-=-=-=-=-=

Just wanted to mention that Riff: Everyday Shooter which is on sale for £3.19 (about) on the UK store is finally decent on vita.

So this is the normal dual stick geowars type shooter but quite chilled out. Each song/level is a new theme and the mechanics adjust slightly as well. It has been out on quite a few platforms but since it used the face buttons to shoot on psp [it isn't 360 degree shooting, just up/down/left/right and diagonals which you pull off by pressing two face buttons at once]. Not the best controls for the last moment adjustment type gameplay it has.

Vita - remap second anologue to face buttons. Sorted. It's not 360, but it's a lot easier. Might actually get past the tank stage this time. Great game.

=====--=--=-

So just read the ign preview nfs most wanted vita is actually awesome
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/need-for-speed-most-wanted-vitas-hidden-gem

F YES. Cannot wait. Why all the secrecy then??

While some developers outsource handheld versions of big franchises to enable them to focus on the home console versions, it’s a testament to Criterion’s commitment that it kept the project to itself. “It would’ve been really easy to do Vita out of house,” says Ward. “We did that on some of our previous games. But when I saw the specs for the Vita, I knew we had to do it.”

No Cross-play but full multiplayer, cars, world, damage, most of the physics..

“This is a very technically ambitious thing to do - there aren’t any open-world games on Vita so far. To keep the world the same, to not make any compromises – that’s what we’ve done.”

Roll the videos fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom