• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictochat !

That Vita doodling pad is nice but somewhat clumsy and complex. Should be as simple as... Draw Something !
Paint Park? It doesn't really have enough features for me to enjoy it, even if I can't draw. =(

that's a ps1 controller
x2LVz.png

Takao

Banned
I actually have friends who own a Vita, and I've got to say Paint Park is a lot of fun together. You're given a theme to draw and the group then decides which one is the best.

Takao

Banned
Man... this interview.

"This game skews towards males... 15-25 year old males, you know, people who like fairy tale adventures and Animal Crossing"

Also this dude was very EXCITED about the fact that there is SO MUCH DLC that will be sold in PACKS!

Game sold like 10 copies in Japan, and will sell like 3 copies here. DLC is probably the only way they'll be making money off of that, lol.

patsu

I actually have friends who own a Vita, and I've got to say Paint Park is a lot of fun together. You're given a theme to draw and the group then decides which one is the best.

lol. Cool, I didn't know about this feature. Need some UI tweak.

Takao

Banned
This should be obvious but one of my friends didn't know this. In Paint Park you can combine colour options to make a new colour by pressing 2 different colours at once.

Shikoro

This should be obvious but one of my friends didn't know this. In Paint Park you can combine colour options to make a new colour by pressing 2 different colours at once.

You can combine even more than two colors.
And you don't have to press them at once, just press and hold one color with your finger and select other colors with your second finger. ;)

Cloudy

Banned
So I'm using remote play on Vita (works great btw) and the decision to go with the shitty bubbles over the XMB looks even worse. I know they wanted to hype the touchscreen but XMB just looks so much cleaner. WTF Sony!

At least give us the option >_<

DR2K

Banned
So I'm using remote play on Vita (works great btw) and the decision to go with the shitty bubbles over the XMB looks even worse. I know they wanted to hype the touchscreen but XMB just looks so much cleaner. WTF Sony!

At least give us the option >_<

Switch to blades by pressing home button.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Are there any $50/$60 Gift Card when you buy a Vita offers going on right now?

(Really wish they'd do a price drop!)

I got it last month when amazon were doing their $50, I think many stores will do the same deals for Vita when 3DS XL hit later this summer.

and yeah they really need a price drop on Vita and even on the games(most of lunch titles are still at full price).

Carl

I prefer the bubbles to XMB. Much quicker, smoother. Doesn't look as crowded. Nice and simple. Works well with touch interface.

brentech

Yea, not a fan of bubbles either. So basic, surely they could have thought on something more space saving.

I like XMB, but see the issue with touch. Yet probably better than bubbles.

Trevelyon

If I transfer out Gravity Rush to my PS3 and delete it off my Vita, it'll also transfer the save data as part of that complete transfer, yes?

Cloudy

Banned
bubbles are the worst >_~

at least, I wish there were predefined ways to sort them. it's too clunky as-is.

I don't think it's too much to ask to give folks an option. Just copy over the psp interface and I'd be satisfied. Bubbles is a huge step back from XMB IMO. PSP even had game previews but in the vita liveareas we only get a boring static image. WEAK!

Mileena

Banned
They could have done a smaller version of XMB and it would have been better than the bubbles. I'm not a fan of being forced to use touch.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I don't think it's too much to ask to give folks an option. Just copy over the psp interface and I'd be satisfied. Bubbles is a huge step back from XMB IMO. PSP even had game previews but in the vita liveareas we only get a boring static image. WEAK!

Even if XMB was superior and faster, the thing is with iOS now, all UI need to simple and easy to use for "everyone" and XMB -funny enough- wasn't user friendly at all (I mean for non gamers guys, my sister for an example still can't use it well and get lost in it lolz) and it let PS3/PSP felt "disconnected",static and completely dead unlike Xbox dashboard "that feel alive" same with what we got on iOS and android the Vita UI does everything right here.

Ein Bear

The XMB is still the best console UI ever made. It's so snappy, clean and organised... I love it. Really wish they'd brought it back for the Vita, it's leagues ahead of those rubbish, cluttered bubbles.

zroid

Banned
Even if XMB was superior and faster, the thing is with iOS now, all UI need to simple and easy to use for "everyone" and XMB -funny enough- wasn't user friendly at all (I mean for non gamers guys, my sister for an example still can't use it well and get lost in it lolz) and it let PS3/PSP felt "disconnected",static and completely dead unlike Xbox dashboard "that feel alive" same with what we got on iOS and android the Vita UI does everything right here.

Yeah, I don't think you're wrong about that, even if the bubbles are inconvenient for "power users". I'm not even asking them to bring back the XMB, but there are so many touches Sony could have added to the Bubbles to make them more manageable. Even two things as simple as folders and changing the number of icons that can be displayed per page would be incredibly beneficial.

I still don't understand how the XMB could be considered non-user friendly.

Everything is clearly labeled and self explanatory.

The problem is wading through the categories. It's not self-explanatory for everyone, unfortunately. My dad still has a hard time figuring out where to go when he wants to watch a blu-ray, for example. For me personally, XMB works great, but I can sympathize with the detractors a bit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah, I don't think you're wrong about that, even if the bubbles are inconvenient for "power users". I'm not even asking them to bring back the XMB, but there are so many little things Sony could have added to the Bubbles to make them more manageable. Even two things as simple as folders and changing the number of bubbles that can be displayed per page would be incredibly beneficial.

Option to remove the text under them will be great too.

Koroviev

Yeah, I don't think you're wrong about that, even if the bubbles are inconvenient for "power users". I'm not even asking them to bring back the XMB, but there are so many little things Sony could have added to the Bubbles to make them more manageable. Even two things as simple as folders and changing the number of bubbles that can be displayed per page would be incredibly beneficial.

My biggest gripe is that it's a huge pain to try to organize. It feels so basic and inelegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom