• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Only 500k blocks been erased in 5 hours, I doubt more than 1m will be erased in the next 3 hours. :p
I'm confused, you're asking people to do it, even though you know it won't be done? Why not wait till tomorrow to rally the troops?

EDIT: World Block is a big block of two million little blocks, when you destroy a block in the game, it gets taken from the big block, as long as you're signed in.

On a somewhat related note, can anyone see a point in the near future where we will be able to (legally or otherwise) use non-proprietary memory cards for the PSV?

I hope so because both my 4gb (psp games) and 8gb(psn and psp games) are full and I don't have the money to drop on a 32 right now and getting another 8 or 16 is just... man I wish the bubbles wouldn't get so messed up when you swap cards.

OmegaZero

Any gameplay out there from GC?

Haven't seen anything yet, sadly.

Out of nowhere +1

It's what I do.

Just checked on some gameplay they showed for it at e3, it has licensed cars! So Burnout Paradise with real cars. M, now I'm really hoping its good.

Same here. Ever since WipEout, I've been waiting for more Vita racing games.
Spy Hunter doesn't look like it'll scratch that itch, so I'm counting on Most Wanted and Sonic.

I'm confused, you're asking people to do it, even though you know it won't be done? Why not wait till tomorrow to rally the troops?

EDIT: World Block is a big block of two million little blocks, when you destroy a block in the game, it gets taken from the big block, as long as you're signed in.

Is it a daily thing? I just got the game and found out about it. :/

Shinriji

Count me in tomorrow for the World Block. Still trying the Master Course 4.

Iacobellis

So I've been playing Ape Escape non-stop. I'm two levels from the end of the game and I'm loving it. On the Vita, it plays pretty much just like the PS1 version. Using the second analog to control the camera/RC car is great.

Here's some pictures for people on the fence about it. There's obviously no scan lines on the OLED screen and the colors look much brighter than what my pictures show.

Edit: Umm, why my Flickr pics no show up?

Wait, what? You're playing Ape Escape on the Vita?

I back this. I don't even like golf games, but for the $15 I paid, HSG is kind of fun to have. Resistance demo was kind of terrible. And I've never heard anything good about Army Corps of Hell.

Resistance is that bad, huh? I'll stick with Wipeout and Hot Shots then. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll definitely get Army Corps of Hell, whenever it gets another price drop. Looks like it'll be a fun game, If played in short bursts.

Resistance is that bad, huh? I'll stick with Wipeout and Hot Shots then. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll definitely get Army Corpse of Hell, whenever it gets another price drop. Looks like it'll be a fun game, If played in short bursts.

Try the demo if you don't mind downloading 3.1gb. After I picked up the bullseye shortly after encountering the first chimera, shooting felt off to me. I immediately quit and deleted the demo. I would probably pay $10 to give it a playthrough, no more. The sale at gohastings.com for $20 was too much; I put the $20 toward Unit 13 instead.

Grokbu

Sorry the delay but i was at the driving school.

1 - ordered from there but created with the template since there's no miku there unfortunately. T_T

2/3- Yes and actually i think it still has the same sensitivity of before any skin/protector there.
I never had a screen protector there but the back works great and this skin also protects it from scratches.

4-Actually no, because i'm not a big fan of screen protectors since they're a pain to put on the screen without dust and particles there but the skin could easily be applied over a screen protector.
The adhesive is so good that even if the skin needs to go up or down a few millimeters because of the edges of the protector it won't stick out.
Kinda hard for me to explain but see this pic of my psp.
In the center the psp circle pops a few millimeters from the back but the skin stays safe.

5- Nope, and thank God it isn't as a screen protector. It's more like a sticker.
You can stick it out and fix some corners while you put it on so it stays right.
When it's good you can press it to make sure it's sticks well. And nope, no residue when taking it out.

Anything more just ask. No problem in helping. xP
Oh, all of that sound great! I use a screen protector, myself, but I guess I could always do as you said and put the skin above or underneath a protector. In case that would be problematic for some reason, I'd be more than fine with just the back skin, as it look incredible.

One thing though. I recall reading about some custom iPod skins from some site that would turn out a bit dark compared to the source image. Do you feel that this has been the case with your Vita skin?

I dunno wtf they did with that trailer, the water looked terrible. It looks WAY better in actual gameplay than it did in the trailers. Like, it just boggles my mind how it just looks worse in the trailer than it does in gameplay. I'm just happy it looks and runs great, especially after that whole CoD debacle.

It really makes you wonder why Sony got the short end of the stick with CoD and had to get Nihilistic to develop it instead of an in-house studio from Activision, with this being developed in house by Ubisoft and NFS: Most Wanted being developed by Criterion themselves, they all put CoD to shame on Vita. Even Killzone: Mercenary looked amazing, and that's being done in house by Guerilla.

Twinduct

I forget where it was posted on Gaf but WOW AC: Liberation looks way better in actual gameplay than it does in those trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTm8x7fvQU

Like, I'm really excited for it now. I kept thinking it looked ok, kind of wonky, but it looks awesome.

Man can really see why Sony is throwing this into a bundle!
Now if only all third parties cared enough for their IPs not to have it be slandered.
*cough* COD *cough* Lego Batman *cough* .. fuck it this list might take a while.

Twinduct

Is there even a booth to play Declasified? It baffles me how confident Sony is about this and willing to ship it in November.

This needs to be delayed. They really need to treat this as a 'system seller' in more than just brand name :/

Not that I care for the game tbh, but I know this would help push some numbers and some people will find benefit a proper COD on handhelds.

They are the vita screens

Witchcraft!

That really looks good.

This needs to be delayed. They really need to treat this as a 'system seller' in more than just brand name :/

Not that I care for the game tbh, but I know this would help push some numbers and some people will find benefit a proper COD on handhelds.

I kind of think that outside of GAF the majority of people that would be the target for the game will still get it. I have a friend that will be picking it up because it is COD, he isn't doing any research on it and just knows its "COD but handheld". It will probably still sell well and do a good enough job that Sony will be happy.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So sick of the over the shoulder glare ridden videos of vita games.

Guess what Sony this makes your game look worse by not allowing tv out, NOT BETTER.

Twinduct

I kind of think that outside of GAF the majority of people that would be the target for the game will still get it. I have a friend that will be picking it up because it is COD, he isn't doing any research on it and just knows its "COD but handheld". It will probably still sell well and do a good enough job that Sony will be happy.

Maybe. I just want some Vita love from the public :<

Sid

Witchcraft!

That really looks good.
Yeah i was pretty surprised too

Seriously...if i was a higher-up exec at sony i would have:-
-Moneyhatted development and made treyarch do the port
-Make it cross play with the ps3 version and have a few weapons unlocked early if the user owns both the versions
-Put enough funds in it so as to make sure the game runs @60fps and native vita res while looking as good as killzone vita
-Made sure it has an exclusive proper campaign of about 8 hours
-Made sure it has the entire mp feature set of BO2,same maps and then some vita exclusive features
-Market it to hell and back along with a vita bundle containing a 4gb mem card for $250

Could have been a HUGE system seller......but damn the wasted potential

I really hope we get some footage, even off screen, of NFS Most Wanted on the Vita. Does anyone know if it's on the show floor? It's probably going to be my personal GOTY alongside All-Stars, I'm an enormous fan of Burnout Paradise so naturally NFS: Most Wanted is basically Burnout Paradise 2, which gets me super excited. This trailer got me super amped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30

I normally hate classics being redone or remixed but MAN that was awesome. With the stats showing the Vita version performing just as good as the console version (but not quite as pretty, it still looks amazing though in those screens) I can't really take the wait. UGHH

VanWinkle

I really hope we get some footage, even off screen, of NFS Most Wanted on the Vita. Does anyone know if it's on the show floor? It's probably going to be my personal GOTY alongside All-Stars, I'm an enormous fan of Burnout Paradise so naturally NFS: Most Wanted is basically Burnout Paradise 2, which gets me super excited. This trailer got me super amped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30

I normally hate classics being redone or remixed but MAN that was awesome. With the stats showing the Vita version performing just as good as the console version (but not quite as pretty, it still looks amazing though in those screens) I can't really take the wait. UGHH

With the new info and screens that show that the Vita version is basically at parity with the PS3/360 game, it is now one of my most anticipated games of the year. Burnout Paradise was one of my favorite games ever, and this looks like a spiritual successor to that. To play it on my handheld with everything in tact just blows my mind.

ZeroAKA

Are there supposed to be any upcoming Vita releases until the 28th? I want to get in on some new games before classes start again. ;_;

How big are most downloadable games? If I get the Amazon bundle will the 4GB stick at least hold a game or two? Thinking I might jump on that. I'd want to get Wipeout, Sound Shapes, and the Metal Gear Collection, if those three will fit on the 4GB card I'm going to pull the trigger.

How big are most downloadable games? If I get the Amazon bundle will the 4GB stick at least hold a game or two? Thinking I might jump on that. I'd want to get Wipeout, Sound Shapes, and the Metal Gear Collection, if those three will fit on the 4GB card I'm going to pull the trigger.

Well, they will fit on the card. Just not all at the same time. ;)
Though ... you might make it without the MGS collection. That one comes in at ~ 3.2 GB if I recall correctly. Sound Shapes has about 1 GB.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
They won't all fit on a card at the same time. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is 3.4 GB alone, Sound Shapes is 969 MB, and Wipeout 2048 is 1.6 GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom