• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Is that even possible? Holy hell.

Was the earlier version unstable ? I used it once in a while and it was pretty ok. v1.2 gives me more 12828 errors whenever I want to view a photo.

I also noticed that the photos will orientate horizontally or vertically depending on how I hold my Vita. Is this feature new ? I think they also clean up the layout so I can see more comments for each photo now.

Alright. Good to know. Also what is the minimum amount of memory you guys would recommend?

I would say 16gb minimum.

I bought an 8 and now I'm already stuck deciding what to delete with only 3-4 games on it. Keep in mind some games are 3gigs. So you're only going to fit 2 of those on an 8gb card.

patsu

Yeah, I would say 16Gb or 32Gb now partly because of CrossPlay.... gah, I mean Cross Buy. Sony, would you please simplify all these buzz words and lump everything Cross* under Cross Buy ? 8^P

spats

Alright. Good to know. Also what is the minimum amount of memory you guys would recommend?

8GB worked out fine for me, for a while. But then I started buying more PSP games so I decided to cough up for a 32GB one, which has been a treat. 16GB is propably a pretty happy medium between price and size.

Rasec

Being planning in doing this for a while since it's kinda sad that the Vita doesn't recognize my portable battery charger or even my Ipod usb wall charger since it's a lot smaller and portable than the AC adapter/cable the vita has.

And since buying the official sony portable battery charger for the vita, having myself already one from just mobile, was a big no i bought a USB extension cable on amazon for one euro and started mixing with the cables.

Still haven't finished wrapping the rest of the cable with the duct tape since i was testing it but it works. *__*
img0035qr.jpg

mauaus

Just finished TitS, what an awesome, awesome RPG, slow at first but the payoff for sticking with it is great, you really get to love the characters :)

Cornbread78

Damn, I popped Disgaea II back in last weekend to puts around and have been completely sucked back in all week. Man, this game never ends and is just so much fun!

Not 4GB.

Was the earlier version unstable ? I used it once in a while and it was pretty ok. v1.2 gives me more 12828 errors whenever I want to view a photo.

I also noticed that the photos will orientate horizontally or vertically depending on how I hold my Vita. Is this feature new ? I think they also clean up the layout so I can see more comments for each photo now.
I barely use Facebook as is, but I couldn't even log into the Facebook app when it first launched. ):

wait, EA is thinking about doing Cross Buy for NFS? I need to know to change my pre-order to PS3!
They're thinking about it, yeah. Hopefully they do it, because that's both awesome and totally unlike EA.

Being planning in doing this for a while since it's kinda sad that the Vita doesn't recognize my portable battery charger or even my Ipod usb wall charger since it's a lot smaller and portable than the AC adapter/cable the vita has.

And since buying the official sony portable battery charger for the vita, having myself already one from just mobile, was a big no i bought a USB extension cable on amazon for one euro and started mixing with the cables.

Still haven't finished wrapping the rest of the cable with the duct tape since i was testing it but it works. *__*
Damn your Black Rock Shooter skin.

That setup looks a little, uh, complicated? But as long as it works!

patsu

I barely use Facebook as is, but I couldn't even log into the Facebook app when it first launched. ):

Ah yes, they released a patch after the first week. Facebook screwed up the first week. Sony had to roll out a client patch due to a needed server change.

After that it was pretty stable (unlike Flickr).

I did the exact same thing. I opted for a 1ft cable to keep it neat/short. it sucks to have to use extension hack but its very convenient to have and I use it all the time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would EA possibly give away a second SKU for nothing?

Probably because it'll entice more people to buy a specific game during the crowded holiday season than the amount of sales they lose from people willing to double dip. At least thats why I imagine Sony is doing it - perhaps others will do so as well. I know I'd definitely spend $60 on NFS:MW on day 1 if I could play it on both my PS3/Vita but thats not really the case if it was just PS3.

Rasec

Damn your Black Rock Shooter skin.

That setup looks a little, uh, complicated? But as long as it works!

Not really, the only thing you have to do is make the 4 wires on the cable to be connected as this figures implies.
usb_wire.png

I like my BRS skin and Miku one at the back of the vita! xP *_*
I ussually apply skins to my gadgets. Except my mobile phone that it's an Nokia 1100 xD

I did the exact same thing. I opted for a 1ft cable to keep it neat/short. it sucks to have to use extension hack but its very convenient to have and I use it all the time.
Yup, i was thinking in cutting it and make it a lot shorter but it was the first time trying something like this so i let it like this and gets the job done so i'm happy.

It's really handy manly because i can now use my portable battery charger.

So, I finally bought a Vita, along with 6 Vita games. Mortal Kombat, MGS HD Collection, Sound Shapes etc. And, I've been debating which of these games to get. I can only get 2 out of the 4 of these, I'm stuck between:

Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Resistance: Burning Skies
Army Corpse of Hell.

I'm mainly looking for a fun multiplayer experience and I don't have enough space on my memory card to DL any of the demos, lol. Any advice? :(

darkwing

So, I finally bought a Vita, along with 6 Vita games. Mortal Kombat, MGS HD Collection, Sound Shapes etc. And, I've been debating which of these games to get. I can only get 2 out of the 4 of these, I'm stuck between:

Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Resistance: Burning Skies
Army Corpse of Hell.

I'm mainly looking for a fun multiplayer experience and I don't have enough space on my memory card to DL any of the demos, lol. Any advice? :(

I'd say Wipeout first

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I lost my brick from the Vita Charger cable. The piece in the middle of the picture below

282517-three-piece-cable.jpg

Is it safe to put in the Vita cable directly in to something like the iPhone or a generic USB power plug?

Apple%20USB%20Charger%20for%20iPhone%202G3G%20bulk-r.jpg

Can you buy/order an official replacement somewhere?

I've been using the one that came with my phone since launch because that + USB cable fits snugly into my FEB Case. Haven't had any problems at all.

I didn't even think that it could be some kind of issue. I hope thats not the case.

gcubed

Thanks for the advice, but I live in Sweden.

Any EU web stores that sell them?
Looked at Amazon.co.uk but only third party sellers and prices start from £10 (15$) and up to £27, not including shipping.

sorry! that pic had the american plug on it, so i thought you were in the US

Benedict

Somebody tried the Vita Battery Pack/portable charger yet?
Is there any idea getting the official one or will any USB Battery Pack/portable charger work just as well?

brentech

thanks!

btw are there any Pinball games for the Vita?

Pinball Arcade is already available on PSN. September 4th Zen Pinball 2 is cross playable on Vita.
You can demo Pinball Arcade, some folks love it. I just prefer the feel of Zen Pinball so I'm waiting for it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/16/hands-on-at-gamescom-zen-pinball-2-on-ps-vita/

On PS Vita, I found Zen Pinball 2 to be the Yin to Pinball Arcade’s Yang. What it lacks in realistic feel, it more than makes up for in variety and fantastical sequences across its 26 tables. As us pinball devotees find in-person pinball experiences harder and harder to come by, Zen Pinball 2 is another great, inexpensive way to get that flipper fix. If you own any Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball tables, getting Zen Pinball 2 is a no-brainer.
The new platform is a free download, and you’ll be able to import previously purchased tables from within the app, where you’ll find new Trophies to earn. Zen Pinball 2 and the new Popcap table will be available to download via PSN on September 4th.

Grokbu

I like my BRS skin and Miku one at the back of the vita! xP *_*

Oh wow, just saw your post where you posted your whole Vita, and I can't get over how flipping great this looks:
I have a couple of questions on this, in case you want to answer.

1. May I ask where you ordered this, unless you made it on your own? Just saw that you ordered from Gelaskin.
2. Does the back touch register properly?
3. How does it feel on the back touch? Like a regular screen protector?
4. I assume that the front skin also doubles as a screen protector?
And finally; 5. How does it stick? Is it like a normal screen protector, or does it leave sticky residue after taking it off?

Benedict

I have this case: http://www.play-asia.com/Hard_Pouch_for_PlayStation_Vita_Silver/paOS-13-71-1ay-49-en-70-4h5o.html
Not a fan of the cases available in America.

Also not screen protector on mine either

I have this one, Sony PS VITA Licensed Custom Crystal Case, but am not so happy about it. I'm afraid it will open and it's difficult to keep closed sometimes.

41Qk8wyvxoL.jpg

I might replace it with this one, Sony PS VITA Licensed Pull & Go Folio Case, but not sure if a "soft" case is good enough to protect the sticks.

81iHV3J6tzL._AA1500_.jpg

Sol1dus

Did you guys notice the NFS Vita article on ign? Might be old new but the developer said its pretty much the ps3 version crammed in the ps vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom