• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
The only thing that Lumines lacks now is some skins DLC. Some classics like Shinin', Lights, Tiny Piano, etc. Even the Holiday pack from Lumines Supernova will do.

They had a twitter post asking to see how many fans would want it...seems like it costs them so much to license them. I'd absolutely love more skins..easily buy some dlc packs for the game. No brainer! (provided reasonably priced £5 for 2..preferably 3 skins would be ok, more would be amazing). 2 if they were really good to add to the collection.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Why is it that every ACIII:L video has people who look like they have never played video games before? What kinds of people go to gamescom -_-

NFS MW
JSR
Retro City Rampage

sine mora

So many games that would suit the vita well as well, too many possibilities. [SSX, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, GTA...>>Sonic Generations<<] It's going to be good. I'm sure we'll get most and more, it's got so much going for it, the vita can't not pick up eventually, really. An rpg would be nice though, even action/adventure-rpg, don't think RO does it for me, but will check out some more vids later.

I almost forgot Sine Mora was coming to Vita. So damn excited for that! I also keep forgetting JSR and Retro City Rampage are coming as well. I really, really wish Sonic would come in some iteration on the Vita, so we'll see.

I wonder if the Sonic racing game will be worth getting on Vita?

NFS: Most Wanted is going to be a day one for me alongside AC: Liberation - after hearing of Criterion's commitment to the Vita version and seeing the new gameplay of Liberation at Gamescom, I'm officially overhyped again.

VanWinkle

I thought we would be getting more previews and videos of the Gamescom games since it's a big convention and a lot of press/people are there. I haven't really had much to read or watch.

Massa

Oh yes they would.

And Nihilistic has NEVER made a good game. Don't get your hopes up.

I've had fun with some of their games.

If CoD improves netcode and framerate from Resistance and completely fixes the glaring sound issues then it could turn out pretty well. I won't be buying it in any case (I already own Resistance, don't need a $50 mod for it 6 months later), but I think people are overreacting.

brentech

Got my platinum in MLB 12 The Show a few days back. Finally starting up MGS:HD collection. Starting with MGS2.....it really is beautiful on the Vita, I have to say. It looks immaculate.

SharkJAW

Is anyone else itching for some survival horror to come to the Vita? I've been through Corpse Party and Silent Hill and would kill for a real horror experience tailored for the Vita. Right about now, I'm wishing that Book of Memories was more of the Silent Hill I'm used to than a dungeon crawling-esque title.

fernoca

Meh! I was hoping Need for Speed was really crap or as horrible as Burnout DS..but NO!!! they went and make a good game. :/

In any case, just blind-purchased the Super Stardust Delta-Bundle. Got a $20-PSN card as a gift, so..why not. Was on my radar already, even when I knew of it only by name. Hoping it's as good as the PS3 version. Then again I bought and enjoyed the PSP version which controlled....weird without the extra analog. :p

Why is it that every ACIII:L video has people who look like they have never played video games before? What kinds of people go to gamescom -_-
Been fair, is the first time the people playing the game ..well, play the game. And there has been changes to the controls over the console versions (read about an independent jump button unlike the auto-jump of the other versions).

branny

In any case, just blind-purchased the Super Stardust Delta-Bundle. Got a $20-PSN card as a gift, so..why not. Was on my radar already, even when I knew of it only by name. Hoping it's as good as the PS3 version. Then again I bought and enjoyed the PSP version which controlled....weird without the extra analog. :p
It's actually better than the PS3 one. They streamlined it in all the right ways. :D

SharkJAW

How is homebrew on the Vita? Can emulators and things be put on it yet?

There have been some instances of homebrew being placed on the Vita, but no full-on custom firmware has been established. It's mainly finding cracks in the occasional PSP game that has made any headway so far.

RpgN

Playing more of Unit-13, the word suspense also applies to the game. There are definitely other mission types where it's less relaxing, but it's still an interesting experience. I don't know what it is with this game, it doesn't feel like it's doing some ground breaking stuff but what it does, it does well. The controls, I can't stress enough, are really good. And the graphics, they also look very polished and appealing. Is it native resolution or close to it? With the mission structure, social elements and good usage of touch screen, it feels like this is a game made for the Vita in mind. Makes me wish Zipper Interactive wasn't closed down and had another shot. They would have been a far better fit to make Resistance or CoD, and that's from someone who isn't fan of the studio and never played their previous games. But NOOOOOO, give those games to a C-tier developer instead. Stupid Sony!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
fernoca said:
It's arguably better then the PS3 version.

I enjoyed PSP version too - and for what's worth, it's improved a lot using Vita controls, mapping shooting to second stick it controls reasonably close to original (precision is not as good as since it's remapping digital implementation with buttons to a stick).

injurai

Banned
There have been some instances of homebrew being placed on the Vita, but no full-on custom firmware has been established. It's mainly finding cracks in the occasional PSP game that has made any headway so far.

hmm ok, I would love to get some GBA/SNES games running on it. In the mean time PSN has all those PS1 games that will soon get support.

Playing more of Unit-13, the word suspense also applies to the game. There are definitely other mission types where it's less relaxing, but it's still an interesting experience. I don't know what it is with this game, it doesn't feel like it's doing some ground breaking stuff but what it does, it does well. The controls, I can't stress enough, are really good. And the graphics, they also look very polished and appealing. Is it native resolution or close to it? With the mission structure, social elements and good usage of touch screen, it feels like this is a game made for the Vita in mind. Makes me wish Zipper Interactive wasn't closed down and had another shot. They would have been a far better fit to make Resistance or CoD, and that's from someone who isn't fan of the studio and never played their previous games. But NOOOOOO, gives those games to a C-tier developer instead. Stupid Sony!

Totally agree

Started it again now that I finally finished Gravity Rush and it's still soooo good

RIP Zipper

kuroshiki

Well, Zipper's track record has been.... not that much spectacular. Zipper's people re located to various sony branches, so I guess hope is not completely lost.

Aurizen

there's a donation to get a CFW possible people are donating to SKFU to get a debug vita and maybe cfw may be possible then by tinkering with the debug vita and somehow copying the format of the coding or editing some things to have it successful on a regular vita.

Ran rp

Gears 1 would be so good on the Vita /stupid dream.

Media Molecule, Criterion, and Ubisoft Sofia have got me really excited about the Vita's future. Media Molecule is creating a new IP that can only be done on the Vita and Criterion and US are setting the bar for full-fledged console games on the go.

screenshot-01.jpg

VITA_NFSMW13scrn_gallery_post.jpg

4ptsij.jpg
Ubishot but the game still looks damn good

I hope more developers hop on board and take their Vita games seriously and that sales pick up this holiday/after a price cut.

Think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up over the weekend or Monday. What downloadable games does everyone suggest? Sound Shapes looks really cool and is one of the reasons I want the system, and Stardust looks cool too, are there any other smaller games like that that are cool?

I think I'm going to stick with MGS Collection and Wipeout as far as retail games go. I'll mostly be using it on weekends so those and a few smaller games will last a long time, definitely until AssCreed and Persona come out.

Sid

PSY&#12539;S;41121327 said:
Gears 1 would be so good on the Vita /stupid dream.

Media Molecule, Criterion, and Ubisoft Sofia have got me really excited about the Vita's future. Media Molecule is creating a new IP that can only be done on the Vita and Criterion and US are setting the bar for full-fledged console games on the go.

I hope more developers hop on board and take their Vita games seriously and that sales pick up this holiday/after a price cut.
You are forgetting lbp vita,kz mercenary and virtua tennis

Think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up over the weekend or Monday. What downloadable games does everyone suggest? Sound Shapes looks really cool and is one of the reasons I want the system, and Stardust looks cool too, are there any other smaller games like that that are cool?

I think I'm going to stick with MGS Collection and Wipeout as far as retail games go. I'll mostly be using it on weekends so those and a few smaller games will last a long time, definitely until AssCreed and Persona come out.

Tales from Space, Motorstorm RC, Puddle, Lumines if you download it.

Grokbu

The quality is always great there, that's why i trust in gelaskins. Sometimes i even think the skin came with better color than the picture i use there.
But they're aren't the cheapest so you can bet in quality but i have one on my ipad for over a year and half and no sign of sticking out or losing strength. You get a good value out of the money you pay.

Just make sure you use a good picture with a good size.
When you use the template and you resize the pic and make it fit the gadget they'll say how the quality of the image is at the moment.

Sometimes i made my skins with a grade of "GREAT" on image quality (the biggest is "PERFECT") but when i got it the picture looked perfect. xD
So in that department there's no problem.

Also if it was i, i would put the skin above the protector since the skin glues well and could help the protector be in place for longer time. But it's indifferent how you do it.
In other hand you could be hard when you decide to chance your screen protector.
Get a picture you love and play with their template and in the end you can see how the vita could look.
The preview is kinda small but you'll get a nice ideia of how it will look.
Alright, sounds good! Thanks a lot for the help. :)

kiyomi

From HK

2.png

1.png

I want now!

Stop teasing :(

Was there some PS3 cross Vita Super Stardust HD bundle I missed out on? I was looking for one in the EU but could only find separate versions, so I ended up buying the PS3 version but not the Vita one, because the latter wasn't on sale.

Bowler

Just picked up Rayman origins at bestbuy for $9.99 it rang up 39.99 but there ad says all gaming platforms for there blowout sale.

last week MK $9.99
this week Rayman O $9.99
Preorder sale last week: P4G $29.99 & Ragnarok $29.99

also if you preorder P4G you get a vita skin !

http://atlus.com/p4g/purchase.html

kiyomi

Check out Gravity Rush too, it's a pretty unique experience, opinion is fairly divided over it, but I think it's worth your time, and you might just love it.

Small games, not that I've tried myself, but Tales from Space : Mutant Blobs Attack is apparently a good platformer on PSN, and the mini, Velocity, had a lot of good talk. I should buy those, really. Sound Shapes is very good as well, you should definitely go for that.

Anyway, good luck with your new system (if you pick it up), and enjoy it! ^_^

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
there's a donation to get a CFW possible people are donating to SKFU to get a debug vita and maybe cfw may be possible then by tinkering with the debug vita and somehow copying the format of the coding or editing some things to have it successful on a regular vita.

Just what we need, the official death of any possible Vita software sales. You guys want "homebrew"? Buy a PSP and have at it. It's bad enough Vita's struggling to get some solid third party commitment, but you want the third parties to completely abandon any thought of working on the platform for some stupid "homebrew" bullshit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom