• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol1dus

Knowing EA they'll probably save that for next year's NFS. And do it for Madden also, so they can say it a brand new feature for the series.

I have that second case.
I use the soft case for travel at the moment because I only usually take my vita and don't have enough card-based games to require the folder part yet. When Unit 13 and Uncharted show up, I will temporarily have enough games until I platinum Uncharted and sell it (same may hold up for Rayman too).
If you have questions about that case, I can try to answer them.

Yopis

So, I finally bought a Vita, along with 6 Vita games. Mortal Kombat, MGS HD Collection, Sound Shapes etc. And, I've been debating which of these games to get. I can only get 2 out of the 4 of these, I'm stuck between:

Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Resistance: Burning Skies
Army Corpse of Hell.

I'm mainly looking for a fun multiplayer experience and I don't have enough space on my memory card to DL any of the demos, lol. Any advice? :(

Wipeout.....pretty good and still a fair amount of people online time to time.

Do the in-game screengrabs still have horrible compression to them?
It boggles my mind how Sony can let that happen, when visuals are such a strong part of the system.

And do the press have their kits so they can easily capture in-game footage?

Drek

So, I finally bought a Vita, along with 6 Vita games. Mortal Kombat, MGS HD Collection, Sound Shapes etc. And, I've been debating which of these games to get. I can only get 2 out of the 4 of these, I'm stuck between:

Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Resistance: Burning Skies
Army Corpse of Hell.

I'm mainly looking for a fun multiplayer experience and I don't have enough space on my memory card to DL any of the demos, lol. Any advice? :(

Two of four? WipEout and Hot Shots are way better than Resistance and Army Corp.

Raine

Do the in-game screengrabs still have horrible compression to them?
It boggles my mind how Sony can let that happen, when visuals are such a strong part of the system.

And do the press have their kits so they can easily capture in-game footage?

I'm more annoyed with the compression to pictures when you make them a wallpaper...

Metalmarc

my vita came today, i love it

the screen is fantastic quality and so far the only game i have is uncharted
its almost like having a mini ps3 on the go wow!

can't wait to get more in the coming months!

My friend decided he wants to get a Vita. Any good deals out there at the moment? He has a lot of in store credit at GameStop, so anything going on there that you guys like?

Two of four? WipEout and Hot Shots are way better than Resistance and Army Corp.

I back this. I don't even like golf games, but for the $15 I paid, HSG is kind of fun to have. Resistance demo was kind of terrible. And I've never heard anything good about Army Corps of Hell.

gcubed

I back this. I don't even like golf games, but for the $15 I paid, HSG is kind of fun to have. Resistance demo was kind of terrible. And I've never heard anything good about Army Corps of Hell.

Army Corps of Hell is fun in a flawed and repetitive way. If you can get it for under $10 its worth playing. It gets repetitive quickly

Sol1dus

So I've been playing Ape Escape non-stop. I'm two levels from the end of the game and I'm loving it. On the Vita, it plays pretty much just like the PS1 version. Using the second analog to control the camera/RC car is great.

Here's some pictures for people on the fence about it. There's obviously no scan lines on the OLED screen and the colors look much brighter than what my pictures show.

Edit: Umm, why my Flickr pics no show up?

Sol1dus

But I've posted pictures before, the exact same day I joined Neogaf to show off my Vita stuff and it showed up for me just fine?

darkwing

rejoice! I just bought one yesterday, playing it more now than my ps3

arimanius

I play the Vita more than any other console I have right now. It's just so good.

Sol1dus

NFS:MW just became my most wanted game of the year.

So good...
I need it in my veins as speedily as possible.

Just checked on some gameplay they showed for it at e3, it has licensed cars! So Burnout Paradise with real cars. M, now I'm really hoping its good.

branny

I actually just played through Voyage again last night due to recent Lumines talk in here.

The World Block is kind of worthless. It's probably still glitched to hell. It was getting people to max level after one clear when the game first came out.

Kinda sucks when I think about it, because there are still other issues that need to be fixed. Could've probably used more time in the oven.

Rasec

Oh wow, just saw your post where you posted your whole Vita, and I can't get over how flipping great this looks:

I have a couple of questions on this, in case you want to answer.

1. May I ask where you ordered this, unless you made it on your own? Just saw that you ordered from Gelaskin.
2. Does the back touch register properly?
3. How does it feel on the back touch? Like a regular screen protector?
4. I assume that the front skin also doubles as a screen protector?
And finally; 5. How does it stick? Is it like a normal screen protector, or does it leave sticky residue after taking it off?

Sorry the delay but i was at the driving school.

1 - ordered from there but created with the template since there's no miku there unfortunately. T_T

2/3- Yes and actually i think it still has the same sensitivity of before any skin/protector there.
I never had a screen protector there but the back works great and this skin also protects it from scratches.

4-Actually no, because i'm not a big fan of screen protectors since they're a pain to put on the screen without dust and particles there but the skin could easily be applied over a screen protector.
The adhesive is so good that even if the skin needs to go up or down a few millimeters because of the edges of the protector it won't stick out.
Kinda hard for me to explain but see this pic of my psp.
In the center the psp circle pops a few millimeters from the back but the skin stays safe.

5- Nope, and thank God it isn't as a screen protector. It's more like a sticker.
You can stick it out and fix some corners while you put it on so it stays right.
When it's good you can press it to make sure it's sticks well. And nope, no residue when taking it out.

Anything more just ask. No problem in helping. xP

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
On a somewhat related note, can anyone see a point in the near future where we will be able to (legally or otherwise) use non-proprietary memory cards for the PSV?

I think it's very possible but at First we need the thing to sell so guys like Datel and other Chinese factories care enough to makes non proprietary cards or card adapters and other shit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom