• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

That Lumines talk peaked my interest. I remember trying one of them quickly on the PSP and dismissing it. So now I gave Electronic Symphony demo a good try...Damn you guys, I don't want to get another game! That would only add more to the backlog! The demo was good and very addictive :(

Lol someone forgot to let the monkey know on my store :p
Shit's still priced at launch price heh

There are def some things not changed quickly enough. On the Wednesday the games on sale got moved into the sale section but were still at normal price for the rest of the day. Wasn't until I checked the next day the prices had been corrected.

darkwing

Stop teasing :(

Was there some PS3 cross Vita Super Stardust HD bundle I missed out on? I was looking for one in the EU but could only find separate versions, so I ended up buying the PS3 version but not the Vita one, because the latter wasn't on sale.

the Vita version is Stardust Delta, different from the PS3 one so no Cross Buy

Shahed

Okay I couldn't take it anymore! Will have a Vita in my hands in about a week and a bit. Getting a 32Gb card as well. Was thinking about the 16Gb, but the recent Cross Buy stuff has made the bigger card necessary.

Already own Gravity Rush. I have ordered Uncharted and Rayman. Got several PSP games like Valkyria Chronicles 2, 3rd Birthday, Dissidia 012 and Ys 7 to play as well. Anyone care to recommend something in particular? I tend to prefer single player games with a good campaign over anything else.

Also what case would you recommend? Just to leave it in when it's not being cureently played in the house. Don't really take my portable outside.

As for screen protecter's, what's the way to go? I've heard people say the Hori one in the past. Other people tend to say naked is best as well. I'll have free insurance/warranty for a year

Thanks

from the UK by the way

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Okay I couldn't take it anymore! Will have a Vita in my hands in about a week and a bit. Getting a 32Gb card as well. Was thinking about the 16Gb, but the recent Cross Buy stuff has made the bigger card necessary.

Already own Gravity Rush. I have ordered Uncharted and Rayman. Got several PSP games like Valkyria Chronicles 2, 3rd Birthday, Dissidia 012 and Ys 7 to play as well. Anyone care to recommend something in particular? I tend to prefer single player games with a good campaign over anything else.

Also what case would you recommend? Just to leave it in when it's not being cureently played in the house. Don't really take my portable outside.

As for screen protecter's, what's the way to go? I've heard people say the Hori one in the past. Other people tend to say naked is best as well. I'll have free insurance/warranty for a year

Thanks

from the UK by the way

Since you're open to buying PSP games, get Jeanne d'Arc. It's probably the best Portable RPG I've played.

Shahed

Official screen protector was so easy to get on.

I can't recommend it enough
You mean this one?
Since you're open to buying PSP games, get Jeanne d'Arc. It's probably the best Portable RPG I've played.

Played that already. Good game! The games I listed were games I'd bought on PSN, but then decided to wait to play on Vita. I played a lot of the PSP games before they annouce the Vita

That Lumines talk peaked my interest. I remember trying one of them quickly on the PSP and dismissing it. So now I gave Electronic Symphony demo a good try...Damn you guys, I don't want to get another game! That would only add more to the backlog! The demo was good and very addictive :(

It really is good, has a lot of songs in it too. :)

@Rasec: if you come across the Korean limited edition let me know man. :)

Skyzard

Banned
That Furmins trailer someone posted.... looks cute and good - would pick it up if it was cheap enough. I like those puzzle games, like a decent angry birds minus the annoying rabble.

=-=-

I think he said digital lumines over retail as he plays it often/not bothered to grab the disc for it. I doubt there is anything wrong with the retail version itself.

=-=--=

"100 PSone titles over the coming weeks" is reassuring... but still. It's not 28th Aug. Their "coming weeks" could be essentially infinity, especially as it is a Facebook comment...

Still, bright future for vita these days.

--sorry for the lazy no-quotes post at the top of the page. Still haven't gotten the hang of multi-quoting, is it just the plus?

US has no particular deals right now? lol

US? Deals? <some quip about something impossible here>

The *ONLY* deals the US store has seen since I've owned a Vita was on HSG and VT4 during the Olympics.

Thanks

from the UK by the way

Standard recommendations for downloadable titles:
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (the game so good, I paid for it twice because I just bought and started playing it again on PC; speaking of, where the hell is Carl? his ban wasn't permanent was it?)
Super Stardust Delta (great game if you're into the whole twin stick shooter thing, very easy to pick up and play for a few minutes too; get the bundle)
Sound Shapes (good platform with unique art and good electronic music. Sort of Everyday Shooter as a platformer with a music editor/level creation tool. LBP type play/create/share community. Crossbuy with PS3 if you have one, cloud save to transfer your progress between the versions)
'Velocity (great mini old school shmup with neato teleport mechanic)

I have the hori screen protector; it was pretty easy to put on and I have 1 little tiny air bubble that's not noticeable when the screen is on. It seems to do well with the screen still being responsive.
I also rock a hori silicone grip case in case of minor accidents.
For a storage case, I'm using the PDP pull & go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072A4JTY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
It's pretty good so far; I mainly use the pull out soft case to store the vita in on small trips to the office or something; if I traveled somewhere I'd use the full case.

And good job on ordering Rayman. I think if you love old school platformers, it should be the most amazing thing you've played in years. I bought it for vita recently (3rd copy of the game, platinumed the PS3 version, own the PC version as well) and it translates really well to the system. It looks gorgeous, the controls are responsive, and the ability to use the touch screen to pop bubbled items is one of the best uses of a touch screen for gaming in recent memory. And you don't *have* to use it, it just makes your life a little easier so you're not getting frustrated by trying to collect some of the harder jumps. Anyway, I hope you love it. :D

Rasec

It really is good, has a lot of songs in it too. :)

@Rasec: if you come across the Korean limited edition let me know man. :)

I'm always keeping an eye open for that xP. If i find it i'll send you a pm so you won't miss it.
But i guess they making the korean edtion very limited and only to their country.

@Skyzard
(i told you if i would get it i would show you the proof xP):
In other news, thanks to the opinions of the people here, some original persuasion from a certain user, and all this lumines talk and the no-annoying Skyzard i have finally bought Lumines. xP

Proof:
20120817141719.jpg
Poor me, only a psn friend that plays lumines x'D. Well my ID is Rasec46 as you can see in the pic. Anyone is free to add me.
Also, was this update to the game already old or all this talk about the world block glitch made them launch this? x'D

Oxn

Boy I got everything ready for the impending White Vita

a soft case
2 full body protectors
1 screen protector
1 handgrip.
$90 on PSN

2.5 more months

a soft case
2 full body protectors
1 screen protector
1 handgrip.
$90 on PSN

2.5 more months

That's some impressive patience ;) If Yen wasn't so expensive I'd have gotten Japanise Vita since waiting for february was so long.

a soft case
2 full body protectors
1 screen protector
1 handgrip.
$90 on PSN

2.5 more months

Sounds like me, sorta.
I'd ordered a case (which I returned because I wasn't sure when I was going to actually buy a vita or if I was at that point) and had been buying PSP games left and right digitally when on sale (I had like 11 PSP games with no PSP and no Vita). I also bought MK9 before I had a Vita, because I was sure I'd get one someday.

Good luck with waiting. If you see a sale on something you want on PSN, grab it with that $90. :)

Oxn

Sounds like me, sorta.
I'd ordered a case (which I returned because I wasn't sure when I was going to actually buy a vita or if I was at that point) and had been buying PSP games left and right digitally when on sale (I had like 11 PSP games with no PSP and no Vita). I also bought MK9 before I had a Vita, because I was sure I'd get one someday.

Good luck with waiting. If you see a sale on something you want on PSN, grab it with that $90. :)

Yep thats why that money is in there. In case of a sale.

Bought MHFU for $10.

Gamespawn

So EA didn't say or release anything regarding Fifa Vita ?
I suppose it's the same as last year, just another Fifa 11 port which is sad.
On Eurogamer, there's an interview with Fifa's producer or something, and he said there won't be any cross-saves, no cross-buy, and he doesn't know if they should call it Fifa 13 or Fifa Soccer.

I smell another old-engined Vita Port.

Ran rp

You are forgetting lbp vita,kz mercenary and virtua tennis

I didn't mention LBP because I'm not really excited for it and I haven't seen or read enough about KZ yet. Virtua Tennis is already out so it's not a future Vita title.

On Eurogamer, there's an interview with Fifa's producer or something, and he said there won't be any cross-saves, no cross-buy, and he doesn't know if they should call it Fifa 13 or Fifa Soccer.

That's pretty disappointing. I was waiting for at least a FIFA 12 port but I'm not buying anther one with the old crappy defense engine. It's so different from the console version and it gets confusing that I stopped playing the Vita one.

KalBalboa

Banned
Did you guys catch the news on the Blogcast about the MGS HD collection?

Both games are being added to the PSN for Vita & PS3 on Tuesday individually. IE: you can buy and download Sons of Liberty or Snake Eater. I haven't seen a work on pricing yet.

Hex

Banned
Ok Square Enix...real talk here...
Why do you not want my money?
I would easily buy Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Anniversary , I would easily buy Crisis Core and both Dissidia games.

Why do you not like money Square Enix?

Ok Square Enix...real talk here...
Why do you not want my money?
I would easily buy Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Anniversary , I would easily buy Crisis Core and both Dissidia games.

Why do you not like money Square Enix?

Lots of people don't like money these days.
For example: EA who through Criterion made a very nice game for Vita, still they tried very hard not to let people know about it lol

mauaus

Both games are being added to the PSN for Vita & PS3 on Tuesday individually. IE: you can buy and download Sons of Liberty or Snake Eater. I haven't seen a work on pricing yet.
i already bought the collection but if i was a betting man i would say $20 a piece

brentech

Cross-buy I don't exactly suspect many if any 3rd parties are going to be doing. I don't even expect it from 1st parties, lets face it, it's just a nice thing they are doing.
On the other hand, cross saves are something I'd really like, and if the same game for the most part, kind of expect.

But the fact that they're unsure of what to call it (assuming this is a recent interview, because lately I've heard the opposite) makes me glad I canceled my pre-order and switched it to the PS3 version.

Massa

Hopefully you'll get the two MGS games individually for free if you already bought the collection, would be nice to be able to have only one of the two on the memory card.

I got a Vita today and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the screen. I haven't tried a game yet, but it looks pretty grainy on the home screen. Perhaps it's faulty?

I got a Vita today and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the screen. I haven't tried a game yet, but it looks pretty grainy on the home screen. Perhaps it's faulty?
The home screen is a visual nightmare, and the aliased icons don't help, so the home area might exaggerate the screen's faults.

But overall, the screen isn't much if you've been using high-end mobile devices for the past few years. I'm more impressed with its size and response time than its color reproduction, brightness, or contrast.

darkwing

No. It's one of the more glaring issues with PSN across both platforms.

I think not. I feel weird seeing people online but they can't see me -__-

oh wow, Sony why???

wait, you mean the circle on the bubbles? yeah its AA hell lol

The home screen is a visual nightmare, and the aliased icons don't help, so the home area might exaggerate the screen's faults.

But overall, the screen isn't much if you've been using high-end mobile devices for the past few years. I'm more impressed with its size and response time than its color reproduction, brightness, or contrast.

That's good to know.

Updating the system went really fast. Much faster than my PS3...

wait, you mean the circle on the bubbles? yeah its AA hell lol

No, it's not the aliasing. Grainy might not be the right word for it. It's more like banding on the backgrounds.

patsu

Try Rayman Origins or Virtual Tennis 4.

The home screen buttons are not AA'ed. There are also capacity concerns (should leave as much resources to games as possible), so wallpapers may be gimped.

Got my first ever Platinum in Soundshapes last night. I kind of cheated on the final section of Beat School (turntable scratches), got lucky picking the pattern of notes.

patsu

Ah~ Sound Shapes...

My son completed the Sound Shapes campaign and created a new level yesterday. Wife ordered the game to be deleted from PS3 because he wouldn't stop playing. ^_^

I shall transfer his saves to my Vita via the cloud. I am only on level 3. I think he was using my account to play. Should have no protected save concern.

KalBalboa

Banned
Hopefully you'll get the two MGS games individually for free if you already bought the collection, would be nice to be able to have only one of the two on the memory card.

I'd settle for a Plus discount, seeing as how I haven't bought the vita collection.

This summer has been murder on my wallet. I'm grabbing the Jak collection tonight, too.

Use the Youtube APP and watch a HD movie trailer. That's when my mind exploded, I was underwhelmed at the menu selection as well.

patsu

Use the Youtube APP and watch a HD movie trailer. That's when my mind exploded, I was underwhelmed at the menu selection as well.

Yeah, the Youtube video quality is excellent. You should also try the Youtube downloader for Vita. 720p Youtube videos on the Vita looks stunning.

kidko

Sorry if already mentioned, but I just got this email from Amazon:

The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Persona 4 Golden"
Estimated arrival date: November 20, 2012

D:

kiyomi

the Vita version is Stardust Delta, different from the PS3 one so no Cross Buy

Guess what I meant was both games pacakaged into one, not necessarily 'official' cross buy ;)

Tempted to buy Lumines, I can get the DD for £20 or the physical for £15. Probably go physical as much as I dislike having to change games on the go.

And then the other side says 'noo don't buy it wait for RO or Persona or something'

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom