• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

Guess what I meant was both games pacakaged into one, not necessarily 'official' cross buy ;)

Tempted to buy Lumines, I can get the DD for £20 or the physical for £15. Probably go physical as much as I dislike having to change games on the go.

And then the other side says 'noo don't buy it wait for RO or Persona or something'

D:

Lumines is perfect for DD, if the price wasn't $35.99 on the US PSN I would have bitten on it

Try Rayman Origins or Virtual Tennis 4.

The home screen buttons are not AA'ed. There are also capacity concerns (should leave as much resources to games as possible), so wallpapers may be gimped.

Use the Youtube APP and watch a HD movie trailer. That's when my mind exploded, I was underwhelmed at the menu selection as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to check those out.

mace999

Neo Member
When the hell is the US store gonna have some discounts, been waiting for Hotshots and Wipeout to hit the $20 price .... I have the money just waiting for them, regretting my decision to get the US PSN than the EU PSN :(

Ok Square Enix...real talk here...
Why do you not want my money?
I would easily buy Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Anniversary , I would easily buy Crisis Core and both Dissidia games.

Why do you not like money Square Enix?

What region are you?
Both Dissidia games are on US PSN and have been on sale previously. No dice on the other 2 titles though.

When the hell is the US store gonna have some discounts, been waiting for Hotshots and Wipeout to hit the $20 price .... I have the money just waiting for them, regretting my decision to get the US PSN than the EU PSN :(

MSRP just dropped this week, so maybe next tuesday the prices on PSN will update? Hard to say -- but you can find the retail versions for $20 or less on both those games; and btw, HSG was $15 (PS+ price, not sure what normal discount was) DD during the Olympics back in mid-July, you must've just missed it. (July 17th store update: PS Vita Game – Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (50% off) – $17.63)

darkwing

also how do you upload game good/gifts to the near server? I just got one from Stardust Delta(great game btw, better than the PS3 version)

patsu

also how do you upload game good/gifts to the near server? I just got one from Stardust Delta(great game btw, better than the PS3 version)

Depends on the game.

Some are automatic. Some requires you to download an extension (e.g., Uncharted Black Market).

I think for SSD, the next time you refresh Near, it will pick up and upload your SSD gifts.

darkwing

Depends on the game.

Some are automatic. Some requires you to download an extension (e.g., Uncharted Black Market).

I think for SSD, the next time you refresh Near, it will pick up and upload your SSD gifts.

where in near do you check that you have sent gifts?

winjet81

So anyone hear of any Rockstar development for Vita?

They released, what, 7-8 games for PSP, but not a word thus far about Vita.

zroid

Banned
Pretty close to platinum in Rayman Origins. I don't care about trophies so it's a testament to the quality of this game that I would willingly do all it requires for no reason other than for the fun of it.

Very hyped for Legends now. Wii U launch is gonna be costly!

I got a Vita today and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the screen. I haven't tried a game yet, but it looks pretty grainy on the home screen. Perhaps it's faulty?

I found the graininess of my first launch day/original Vita screen was caused by OLED vertical streaks. I recommend you try the free FIFA demo for Vita....for some reason, they are more apparent, and you can see it appears almost like a streaked filter overlay. Most apparent on gray and brown screen colors.

I had to perform a retail exchange, and the Vita I have now, is wayyyyyyy more crisp.

Sol1dus

I found the graininess of my first launch day/original Vita screen was caused by OLED vertical streaks. I recommend you try the free FIFA demo for Vita....for some reason, they are more apparent, and you can see it appears almost like a streaked filter overlay. Most apparent on gray and brown screen colors.

I had to perform a retail exchange, and the Vita I have now, is wayyyyyyy more crisp.

Mine has the vertical lines. Can't do a retail exchange unfortunately.

Doombear

As promised a few days back, here is the set I made for my Vita. Let me know if you like em! I hope you do. I created wallpapers for each character (no S. Lab though...) that fit seven icons quite nicely on the right side and a few basic location wallpapers too.

iEjleZoklESkM.png

Enjoy! 24 Wallpapers in all. http://www.mediafire.com/?0p871ffq7h7mhvy

Hm, that doesn't sound too good considering that I can't really exchange the one I have. I tried the Rayman demo and it looked fine there. I'll try the FIFA demo next.

EDIT: "Mura" is the blotches and not the lines. So, I guess having lines would be considered a faulty screen.

aaand Rayman is platinum'd. :D

all things considered, it was pretty easy

It's not the hardest game out there to do it, but the pure frustration of some of the speed runs and land of the livid dead? It's not the easiest either.
It's easier on Vita with the ability to touch swipe bubbled lums though, that's for sure.

mauaus

It's not the hardest game out there to do it, but the pure frustration of some of the speed runs and land of the livid dead? It's not the easiest either.
It's easier on Vita with the ability to touch swipe bubbled lums though, that's for sure.

Land of the livid dead is tough. But you do develop a rythm after a while...

Land of the livid dead is tough. But you do develop a rythm after a while...

This is true -- but finding that rhythm? And having the patience to keep going to do it all at once? Still aggravating. Some of the speed runs in the final area were a giant pain too, where you had to hit some of the jumps absolutely perfectly.

I'll have my 2nd Rayman platinum shortly, thanks to Vita -- I think I might actually hold on to the game too, since it's the best pure platformer on the system, IMO. (I sold my PS3 copy after platinuming it and buying the PC version.)

zroid

Banned
I found Livid easier than several of the skull tooth levels because the checkpoints were pretty forgiving. Reminded me of the final level of Super Mario 3D Land, except in the latter, lacking checkpoints, it was significantly tougher.

Also I don't remember being all that challenged by any of the time trials (maybe a small handful). Definitely the levels that gave me the most trouble were the skull tooth ones. :(

AND YES, I started out pretty anti-touch screen, but eventually I accepted it. Because it's so much easier >_>

I have the urge to try out Gungnir right now. Looks pretty ace if you are into FF Tactics.

Started play Motor Storm RC again. Been blowing through the game and getting all the medals for the unlocks. Not sure how long that will keep my attention.

So EA is sending me an email about FIFA and they font even have Vita mentioned anywhere. Just PS3 and 360 which is a very bad indication. Those guys are just driving me mad, I was really waiting for a decent FIFA on my Vita. Oh well I may just pick Madden up this year.

magawolaz

I have the urge to try out Gungnir right now. Looks pretty ace if you are into FF Tactics.

Started play Motor Storm RC again. Been blowing through the game and getting all the medals for the unlocks. Not sure how long that will keep my attention.
Motorstorm RC is good. Make sure to do that "Pit-wall challenges" trophy as soon as possible, because as you get close to the end it becomes pretty hard to get.

looks like Ragnarok Asian ver is full English and is out now hmmm
I am tempted. The boxart is cool and I'm not sure there's a EU release date. Looks like a fun game too!
I hope servers are not region-locked :/

Trying out the Gungnir demo months ago got me a little interested in the game, but I haven't really looked at it since it came out over here in NA...

I am tempted. The boxart is cool and I'm not sure there's a EU release date. Looks like a fun game too!
I hope servers are not region-locked :/

Oh wow, I really like that boxart. o:

depward

So EA is sending me an email about FIFA and they font even have Vita mentioned anywhere. Just PS3 and 360 which is a very bad indication. Those guys are just driving me mad, I was really waiting for a decent FIFA on my Vita. Oh well I may just pick Madden up this year.
Typical. I liked their first offering and thought it was a decent effort. Not holding my breath for a whole heck of a lot of change for FIFA Soccer >> FIFA 13. They've never been to make great strides in portable footy. I was burned by their 3DS version they released last year; hardly a word before release about it and it was a turd.

darkwing

Motorstorm RC is perfect for killing 5 mins, I try to beat my friends' time and send a challenge afterwards, and oh the Vita OS is so awesome, so fast, makes the XMB looks/feels last gen

Typical. I liked their first offering and thought it was a decent effort. Not holding my breath for a whole heck of a lot of change for FIFA Soccer >> FIFA 13. They've never been to make great strides in portable footy. I was burned by their 3DS version they released last year; hardly a word before release about it and it was a turd.

I wish they would just dedicate sometime to even port last years console game to the Vita. Not a lot to ask ugh

RpgN

It really is good, has a lot of songs in it too. :)

I've watched some video reviews, and some of those songs and skins are so good :( Well...I'm going to think about it, there is enough time left before its sale ends in EU (not sure when exactly?). Lumines seems like a good game, some things are holding me back though. Having just bought Rayman Origins, having games still not touched like Virtua Tennis 4 and Super Stardus Delta (played this once only). Then there is this huge backlog and having enough puzzle games on other systems. This game seems like it could be addictive and will hamper some backlog progress. And this is going to sound silly, but I also find paying 20 pounds for a puzzle game to be a lot these days.

And even then there are some counter thoughts. This doesn't seem like your average puzzle game. Crazy enough, it has good production values for its kind. With good licenced music, very appealing style and everything running smoothly. It has that special touch about it, you can tell it's one of those good games not to miss on. 20 pounds is just 20 pounds, it shouldn't matter if you want something. And I've read there are time trials that is good for short play sessions. There is experience to level up in a puzzle game!

Sometimes I hate having a very broad interest in genres and wanting a lot of variety. It started with RPGs mostly, and now it's playing a bit of everything. That's going to take some thinking to come to a decision. Unless someone would like to chip in and make the decision easier on me lol.

KongRudi

Banned

I think it said on it's official US PS-gamepage, that the it's the same physics engine as on 360/PS3..

Here is a article about it aswell:
--8<---
Electronic Arts has announced FIFA 13 for PlayStation Vita. Alongside Vita, the game will appear on 3DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, and iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad. EA originally release FIFA Football as a Vita launch title, which was critically loved for its unique use of the back touch pad. This year&#8217;s edition of the game features improved AI, an enhanced dribbling system, a large revamped career mode and the second generation of the Player Impact Engine.
--8<---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom