• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMoo

Man I'd kill for a Lumines and Rayman sale on PSN store. Also I wonder when (if ever) the MSRP price drop for Wipeout will take place on the damn store =/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Man I'd kill for a Lumines and Rayman sale on PSN store. Also I wonder when (if ever) the MSRP price drop for Wipeout will take place on the damn store =/
Sony cut the price of retail Vita games but didn't extend that price drop to the digital versions?

That allows me to set the LiveArea to not auto-refresh, which is fine for the video app, but I'd like it to refresh the Store app.

Oh well. I guess I'll just always know when you're online.
You cherish the moment each time I sign on.

In NA? never
Hopefully they drop on PSN sometime soon.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yup D: *shakes fist at Sony* You think all they'd have to do is flick a switch or something.
I'll sneak into SCEA's headquarters and flip the super secret price cut switch for you. Hurry, you only have five hours before somebody finds out!

Verelios

Really confused on Ragnarok Odyssey. Should I just import it? But I do want to play online...decisions.

I guess I'll stick with PSP games in the meanwhile. Does anyone have anything good to say about class of heroes?

MooMoo

I'll sneak into SCEA's headquarters and flip the super secret price cut switch for you. Hurry, you only have five hours before somebody finds out!
Oops, looks like Sony only has super secret price increase switches cause now everything is twice as expensive! Maybe they can recoup their losses this way!
Yeah I know that makes no sense, and I kid of course :p Love my Vita.

Anyways, that Sound Shapes, such an awesome game. Death Mode, while frustrating, was pretty satisfying to beat. Can't wait for the next game to star a blob-like main character to come out because they've all been great so far! And the next few months should be very interesting.

Takao

Banned
What do you think about GamesCom? Was it good for Vita?

PS : try not getting banned for TGS ;)

I was very pleased. I felt it was one of the best press conferences I've ever seen from Sony. Outside of some of the demos (LBP Vita controller, and FIFA on the Move) the conference flowed with great pace. I was also very impressed that the company devoted equal time to both handheld and console. The new reveals were awesome (outside of Call of Duty) and gave us a good look as to what's in store. However, I left the conference once again feeling like Sony's American branch is failing the platform as Gamescom came and went without a single Vita exclusive from them.

As for TGS, it would certainly suck if I missed the threads for all three major Sony press conferences this year, haha.

Kazerei

Banned
Hnnnngh, I can't wait till Vita gets PS1 support, then I'll have something new to play. I've already played through all the Vita games that interest me, and there's nothing else until October.

Grinchy

Banned
That's actually legitimately shocking. I'd think that if they were going to only give one version a price drop, it would be the digital side.

If the digital prices haven't changed with the new store update, I'm going to seriously wonder what kind of drugs Sony is on and how to get them.

Rand6

I was very pleased. I felt it was one of the best press conferences I've ever seen from Sony. Outside of some of the demos (LBP Vita controller, and FIFA on the Move) the conference flowed with great pace. I was also very impressed that the company devoted equal time to both handheld and console. The new reveals were awesome (outside of Call of Duty) and gave us a good look as to what's in store. However, I left the conference once again feeling like Sony's American branch is failing the platform as Gamescom came and went without a single Vita exclusive from them.

As for TGS, it would certainly suck if I missed the threads for all three major Sony press conferences this year, haha.

Yes the pace was awesome, and I hope they'll still devote equal time when they'll have to handle PS3+Vita+PS4 next year.

Takao

Banned
Yes the pace was awesome, and I hope they'll still devote equal time when they'll have to handle PS3+Vita+PS4 next year.

Maybe at Gamescom, but this E3 should tell you how much SCEA cares. They'll announce a remodel with a new price, show a sizzle reel and never talk about Vita again.

It's 3:30 in the morning and I'm transferring a few(around 150) images to my Vita, thinking it could take about 5 mins. Here I am, about 20 minutes later... this really isn't incredibly user friendly.

Takao

Banned
I think this is very early footage of Novarama's next game:

reality-racer.gif

Here's why. Basically some trademarks, hints, and common elements imply that it is.

After being dissapointed in the Vita's sales announcement should I still go out and buy one or just get a PSP? I really want to get into Sony's handheld consoles but the way things look atm I might as well get a 3DS for the simple fact of guarunteed support and growth.

If you can afford one and don't have a large library of UMD games then the Vita is the best way to experience PSP titles. What PSP titles are you interested in? Only a few notable games, like Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, aren't available as digital downloads.

I suggest you make a list of games you're interested in for both system, and decide based on that.

If you can afford one and don't have a large library of UMD games then the Vita is the best way to experience PSP titles. What PSP titles are you interested in? Only a few notable games, like Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, aren't available as digital downloads.

I suggest you make a list of games you're interested in for both system, and decide based on that.

$249 is a lot for a console that I've no idea is going to succeed in the future or not.

As for titles I'm not really sure as previously I was only interested in handhelds due to Nintendo's Pokemon series (which I'm burnt out on now)

KAL2006

Banned
I think this is very early footage of Novarama's next game:

reality-racer.gif

Here's why. Basically some trademarks, hints, and common elements imply that it is.

I thought they would work on Invizimals (is mildly popular in Europe), but I guess it makes sense to save Invizimals when Vita is much cheaper and targeted towards kids later in it's life cycle.

Takao

Banned
I thought they would work on Invizimals (is mildly popular in Europe), but I guess it makes sense to save Invizimals when Vita is much cheaper and targeted towards kids later in it's life cycle.

As for Invizimals:

invizimals.gif

If they wait too long to launch another they run the risk of being replaced.

$249 is a lot for a console that I've no idea is going to succeed in the future or not.
It all depends on how much usage you will get out of the system. For me it was well worth the initial cost and I already have 17 Vita and a few PSP games. There are several games on the horizon that I want to play and I'm waiting for a few of the early titles to drop a bit more in price.

As for titles I'm not really sure as previously I was only interested in handhelds due to Nintendo's Pokemon series (which I'm burnt out on now)
I don't think there are any Pokemon clones on the PSN store, but if you like RPGs there are plenty to choose from. With the Vita you also have access to games that are almost on par with PS3 quality, like Uncharted, Wipeout and LittleBigPlanet.

After being dissapointed in the Vita's sales announcement should I still go out and buy one or just get a PSP? I really want to get into Sony's handheld consoles but the way things look atm I might as well get a 3DS for the simple fact of guarunteed support and growth.

Just imagine this period last year, it was the same with 3DS, future didnt look good. Then in its 2nd year games started pouring in.

Shahed

One thing about using content from different accounts. The link in the OP says you can, but you just can't earn trophies on them. However that's Vita content. What about PSP (and soon PS1) games? Got a few on my US PSN, but It'd be less hassle to be able to play on my main UK account.

Takao

Banned
One thing about using content from different accounts. The link in the OP says you can, but you just can't earn trophies on them. However that's Vita content. What about PSP (and soon PS1) games? Got a few on my US PSN, but It'd be less hassle to be able to play on my main UK account.

There are no trophies in PS1 and PSP titles. If you're referring to the account juggling that's the same.

Shahed

There are no trophies in PS1 and PSP titles. If you're referring to the account juggling that's the same.

Reading that again, it does sound like I asked for trophies!

Yeah I meant if I'd be able to play my US games while on my UK account. Great if I can

Now I just need to wait for the Vita to arrive. I've got a 32Gb card and Gravity Rush just waiting in my room...

Just imagine this period last year, it was the same with 3DS, future didnt look good. Then in its 2nd year games started pouring in.

It really wasn't the same. At the same point in it's life, the 3DS had sold three times as many units, a significant price cut had just happened and it had big franchise games on the way.
Sony's situation with the Vita is far worse than Nintendo ever had with the 3DS.

Takao

Banned
Reading that again, it does sound like I asked for trophies!

Yeah I meant if I'd be able to play my US games while on my UK account. Great if I can

Now I just need to wait for the Vita to arrive. I've got a 32Gb card and Gravity Rush just waiting in my room...

You're not going to be able to play US PSN content while using your UK account. You'll have to account juggle (meaning signing in your US account to play US Store purchases) to do so.

Yes, that was last TGS, we'll see what this TGS brings us.

Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G will be the biggest announcement for Vita at TGS.

Shahed

You're not going to be able to play US PSN content while using your UK account. You'll have to account juggle (meaning signing in your US account to play US Store purchases) to do so.

Ah well. Disappointing, but I can deal. I'll play Gravity Rush and Uncharted, then I'll get all my US out of the way in one go and then switch back

EDIT: Valkyria Chronicles 2 is one of my PSP games. As i understand, it's not able to be download direct to the Vita. Download to PS3, do not install and transfer the bubble to the Vita? I assume it's the same for all DLC items?

Derrick01

Banned
I forgot Vita is getting another little king's story, is that coming to NA this year?

As for TGS all I want is a Dark Cloud 3 announcement, preferably for PS3 but I'll take Vita too. It doesn't have to be from Level 5 either I'm just tired of waiting.

I actually like The Show on Vita. I know it gets some hate round these parts, but it fills my baseball needs.

I would put that on my list but my friend got it on day 1 and said it looked like a PS2 game so I figured I'd probably wait for next year's when they get the system down better. Also since it's a first party game I'm sure Sony will give the Vita version for free next year since they're doing that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom