• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey, my Vita just froze and I cant start it up again as it seems to be stuck on the turning off screen.

Anyone had a similar issue? Any other way to solve it other than waiting for the battery to drain? (no small enough screwdriver to take the battery out)

Sucks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
After being dissapointed in the Vita's sales announcement should I still go out and buy one or just get a PSP? I really want to get into Sony's handheld consoles but the way things look atm I might as well get a 3DS for the simple fact of guarunteed support and growth.

You can get old psp bundles on craigslist for like 20-40$ at this point in my area (Rhode Island).

If money is an issue just do that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

You better get used to these PSN only releases for Japanese titles. Top tier titles from Japan mostly sell mid tier levels in the west, and the sales that mid tier titles do nowadays are just pitiful. It is better than not getting a release at all I suppose.

Takao

Banned
That means inflated prices with no pre-release deals. Oh well I should be thankful it's coming at all I guess, thanks.

The best thing is the game supposedly has a tonne of DLC. Granted it's all cosmetic stuff IIRC, but the producer at E3 was so excited about DLC opportunities that it was kind of crazy, lol.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm waiting for the NA version of Ragnarok Odyssey regardless as I want to support XSEED for actually localizing these niche Vita titles.

Nice, I'll have a shit ton of games to play then and they all seem to be imports:

Hatsune Miku
Djmax Technika Tune
P4G
Ragnarok Odyssey
NLKS

The game sold poorly on the Wii, and didn't do amazingly well at retail in Japan on Vita. We should be thankfully we're even getting it TBH.

Yeah this is how I feel about NKS. I'll be doing the OT for it but I have no idea when it's coming out.. is there a solid window at least Takao? I didn't forget about what the title will be ;) I might consider importing a European physical copy, just because I want it on a card, plus dat boxart. When it was originally unveiled I was really surprised that it existed, I couldn't be happier with how it looks and plays.

Takao

Banned
XSEED really should've made the August date. Now they're launching in the same vicinity as practically every Vita game this fall.

Yeah this is how I feel about NKS. I'll be doing the OT for it but I have no idea when it's coming out.. is there a solid window at least Takao? I didn't forget about what the title will be ;) I might consider importing a European physical copy, just because I want it on a card, plus dat boxart. When it was originally unveiled I was really surprised that it existed, I couldn't be happier with how it looks and plays.

"Summer" is the release window, lol. Konami sure is detailed.

XSEED really should've made the August date. Now they're launching in the same vicinity as practically every Vita game this fall.

"Summer" is the release window, lol. Konami sure is detailed.

Those are the two main games I want on my Vita, RO and NKS... sadly both are slipping into the fall onslaught :\ Also, I meant to say welcome back :)

LuchaShaq

Banned
You don't get many DD games do you? With my PSP I often found myself looking for higher capacity cards. Highest I ever had was a 4GB and it NEVER held enough stuff.

Like the PSP's PS1 emulator thing? Alright sounds good, thanks a lot!

Considering the price of memory cards basically anything downloadable is double the price at least.

Not to mention physical is able to be rented/resold/is already usually cheaper.

I have a vita but doubt I will ever buy anything digitally due to pricing issues.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I want the card as well... Just need to see what the DLC is to know if I can live without.
Anyone have an idea or know from the Japanese release?

RpgN

You have until 22 of this month.
Well, i ended buying lumines with all the opinions here and no regret at all. Superb game to play sometimes here and there.

Ah, what the heck. It seems clear the game is as good as bought, I keep playing the demo and wanting more. I'll let you know how it goes once I play the full game, thanks!

Rasec

Got my first platinum in a vita game, and psn since i don't have a ps3 xD

20120819172032.jpg
That was hard.

That was hard.

Congrats! What game did you Plat?

Btw, I have literally no friends on my PSN, that have a Vita. So, if anyone is willing to add me, my PSN is my GAF name. Feels pretty lonely. :(

Sol1dus

I haven't picked up my vita since I beat Ape Escape a few days ago. Since all the games I've been playing have been to get platinums, I'm feeling a bit burned out. In gravity rush I just have challenges, in SS I have death mode and in Lego Harry Potter I have to 100% for the last trophy. *sigh* so much work. X)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
xJavonta said:
Can you map the second analogue stick to something in PSP games on the Vita?
It maps to either D-Pad or the 4-Playstation-buttons.
For some games it's perfect (Katamari works like DualShock versions, StarDust is pretty good etc.) others, not so much.

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Mobile games I know of:

1) Lemmings
2) Alien Breed
3) Cubixx
4) Hungry Giraffe
5) Slidin' Beats
6) ZooZoo Go
7) Super Crate Box
8) Chimpact
9) Invivo
10) Twist Pilot
11) Positron
12) Panic!
13) Samurai Beatdown
14) Underline
15) Flick Hockey
16) Word Blocked
17) Tractor Trails
18) Aqua Kitty
19) Frederic – Resurrection of Music
20) Passing Time
21) Tipper
22) Dark Raider
23) iFishing
24) Blue Sky
25) Pro Zombie Soccer: Apocalypse Edition

Supposedly there's going to be 30+ games at launch.

mshlive

That was hard.

Congrats, I've just got my Plat for Sound Shapes a minute ago as well. So that's Sound Shapes & Mutant Blobs Attack both 100%, I'm just not too sure what to work on next.

B.O.O.M

Just played a small game that is very similar to angry birds...but with monsters. Not sure what the name is but I hope that will also come to PS Suite..it was actually kinda fun

Rasec

Looking at the icon I see a blob and music notes, so Sound Shapes?

and added
Thanks for the add since i have very few friends on psn. And yup, sound shapes xP

Congrats! What game did you Plat?

Btw, I have literally no friends on my PSN, that have a Vita. So, if anyone is willing to add me, my PSN is my GAF name. Feels pretty lonely. :(
I'll add you then. ^^ i also feel lonely there xP.

I finished the Death levels but still haven't got a clue how to beat beat school lol. :/
Beat school actually it's very hard especially for people who never worked with music.
Since i'm a amateur producer of digital music who mainly works with fl-studio and vocaloid miku hatsune i was able to finish even if i cheated a little in some levels.
I recorded the song to fl-studio, split the beats and then recreated each one on the game xP
If you want i can send you the levels because to be honest that levels are kinda cruel and hard. Even for me who understands a little of music.

Congrats, I've just got my Plat for Sound Shapes a minute ago as well. So that's Sound Shapes & Mutant Blobs Attack both 100%, I'm just not too sure what to work on next.
Actually i'm near 100% on Mutant Blobs. I only need to get gold in some levels and get some friends that i forgot or didn't saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom