• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Reminds me of that 3DS game:

PY_bombblast%20copy.JPG

Rasec

I didn't even get a laugh out of it. ;_;

I added you a few weeks ago, ya goof!

damn.. *goes check the friend list*
you're right xD
Probably was at the time my girlfriend steals my vita a few days to play and didn't told me a thing about the notifications i got.
Sorry for being a goof T__T

@TurkishEmperor
Yup, i forgot youtube probably already has someone with the solutions xD

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Screen protector: do I need it, or not?
I've yet to scratch my screen and doubt I will, so I haven't applied a screen protector. I've never used screen protectors though, but the DS is the only console I could imagine using it on, as the stylus could scratch the screen. I cut my fingernails, so my screen isn't in danger of getting scratched.

Tizoc

Please do excuse me asking this, but P4G Asia ver. has JP Dub+Eng. text right?
How's the english translation?

RpgN

Lumines is hypnotising 0_0 I fell in love straight away.

Yup, this purchase is well worth it. Another good game came out of nowhere. Viva la Vita!

Rasec

Lumines is hypnotizing 0_0 I fell in love straight away.

Yup, this purchase is well worth it. Another good game came out of nowhere. Viva la Vita!
I second that!

Please do excuse me asking this, but P4G Asia ver. has JP Dub+Eng. text right?
How's the english translation?

I thought there was only the chinese version and not the asian version.
If it's the chinese it doesn't has english text

Dantis

Started playing Corpse Party last night. Not sure exactly why I'm enjoying it so much, but I am.

PSP functionality was a VERY good move by Sony.

SharkJAW

Started playing Corpse Party last night. Not sure exactly why I'm enjoying it so much, but I am.

PSP functionality was a VERY good move by Sony.

Be sure to mess around and get as many of the endings as you can. It can be quite interesting to see how things play out.

Rasec

quick question especially for who has wipeout on the vita.
Well, i never played wipeout but i love the demo. The music, visuals and fast even if hard gameplay.

So is wipeout 2048 a good investment on the vita and fun racing game or a really hard game that it's not for everyone and that you only play it sometimes?

Dantis

Be sure to mess around and get as many of the endings as you can. It can be quite interesting to see how things play out.

Playing through 'properly' first (As in, not going out of my way to die), then I'm going to go back for the alternate endings.

Also, are the extra chapters worthwhile?

Well, i never played wipeout but i love the demo. The music, visuals and fast even if hard gameplay.

So is wipeout 2048 a good investment on the vita and fun racing game or a really hard game that it's not for everyone and that you only play it sometimes?

I loved it. Elite passed all the main campaign. Now I'm on the dlc which is huge and very nicely priced.

It's hard at first but once you get the hang of air breaking it becomes great fun.

Is a good game, with great visuals, smooth controls and amazing soundtrack, i´d say go for it, if you like the demo already, then you will like the full game too, it´s hard sometimes, but you just need practice, is very rewarding, airbrakes are the key.

The dlc is awesome by the way, really really awesome.

Is a good game, with great visuals, smooth controls and amazing soundtrack, i´d say go for it, if you like the demo already, then you will like the full game too, it´s hard sometimes, but you just need practice, is very rewarding, airbrakes are the key.

I loved it. Elite passed all the main campaign. Now I'm on the dlc which is huge and very nicely priced.

It's hard at first but once you get the hang of air breaking it becomes great fun.

Both these seem accurate in my limited experience with it so far. I've managed to do OK with the first two races, but seems like I need to learn air brake and get some better ships to level up my game. Oddly enough, no trophies yet either, which seems weird to me for some reason. :lol

PlayStation Mobile games I know of:

1) Lemmings
2) Alien Breed
3) Cubixx
4) Hungry Giraffe
5) Slidin' Beats
6) ZooZoo Go
7) Super Crate Box
8) Chimpact
9) Invivo
10) Twist Pilot
11) Positron
12) Panic!
13) Samurai Beatdown
14) Underline
15) Flick Hockey
16) Word Blocked
17) Tractor Trails
18) Aqua Kitty
19) Frederic – Resurrection of Music
20) Passing Time
21) Tipper
22) Dark Raider
23) iFishing
24) Blue Sky
25) Pro Zombie Soccer: Apocalypse Edition

Supposedly there's going to be 30+ games at launch.

I remember that a gaffer, the creator of Great Little War Game, said that he was working on the Vita port, even before Vita launch, but I didn't saw any news. I assumed that it was going to be a mini or a PSSuite game, but he didn't talk about that game since then, so I fear that he canceled the port.

test_account

XP-39C²
Awesome work you did there. Not bad at all and thanks for the tips about the youtube and all.
I doubt i'll try to have gold on all trophies but i'll try to do some better scores on some levels.
Thanks! :) I havnt gotten any reply from E-Neko about the 48/49 level stuff by the way. I didnt find them on Twitter, but i sent them an e-mail about 4-5 days ago.

Dimorphic

Are there any good Western RPGs (PSP or otherwise) available on the Vita.

I just keep thinking pocket Skyrim would be an incredible experience!

Rasec

After 30th time it worked, trophies popping up took 4 minutes, damn :p
Well, i guess that getting a second platinum trophy actually give you a little more work than you expected. And also i wouldn't be of much help since i don't have a ps3. ;_;

Both these seem accurate in my limited experience with it so far. I've managed to do OK with the first two races, but seems like I need to learn air brake and get some better ships to level up my game. Oddly enough, no trophies yet either, which seems weird to me for some reason. :lol

Thanks for the opinions.
I miss a racer on my vita and i liked the demo s lot, even tweaked and play it without the drive assists and i used the air breaks here and there to see how they work.
The fact of that the game got also some cool dlc also peaked my interest.
Guess i'll see how much money i have and then i decide to get it or not.

darkwing

shesh why aren't PSN games discounted to reflect the retail price :|

and why is Lumines still at $35 , can't stop playing the demo

Rasec

shesh why aren't PSN games discounted to reflect the retail price :|

and why is Lumines still at $35 , can't stop playing the demo

Kinda sucks the SCEA doesn't do the same sales that the europe does.
But sometimes you have sales that we don't. we never got persona 3 portable cheap here.
Lumines got cheaper here and i clicked that buy button xP

darkwing

Kinda sucks the SCEA doesn't do the same sales that the europe does.
But sometimes you have sales that we don't. we never got persona 3 portable cheap here.
Lumines got cheaper here and i clicked that buy button xP

heck if Lumines had a sale in the US PSN store I would bite asap, it's a perfect title for dd

SCEA sucks big time :|

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder if Sony is going to allow less than £5/$5 straight purchases of games/apps on PlayStation Mobile, I can't imagine forcing everyone to buy in minimum £5 for anything is going to go over well with the mobile platform users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom