• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

I second that!

I thought there was only the chinese version and not the asian version.
If it's the chinese it doesn't has english text

What about Ragnarok Odyssey? I didn't realize it had an English text option until recently, does anyone have an opinion on that?

Rasec

What about Ragnarok Odyssey? I didn't realize it had an English text option until recently, does anyone have an opinion on that?

Ragnarok is a little different. Persona is the chinese version and Ragnarok is really the asian version for hong kong and that one we already now that it has english text.

Rasec

This would be awesome, I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta but who knows if Kamiya can get the green light for it, especially if he's considering Dante as a cameo, because there's no way in hell that Capcom will let him have Dante over Dino.

Oh boy, if my girlfriend knows about this she might have a cardiac attack. xD
And worse, she would steal my vita forever when that game comes out. xDD

Ok ok, she's a huge bayonetta fan. Really hope something like that news come true.
also some ninja gaiden 2 port to the vita please, with all that extra characters that the ps3 had and me didn't on the 360. o/

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Hot Shots Golf still $35.99 on the PSN store - what is it with this company that causes everything to move at a snail's pace? Why is it not at the new MSRP yet?! AH Sony, you make it hard for me to spend my money :p

Ran rp

This would be awesome, I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta but who knows if Kamiya can get the green light for it, especially if he's considering Dante as a cameo, because there's no way in hell that Capcom will let him have Dante over Dino.

Didn't bother with Bayonetta on the PS3 but I'd probably go for it on the Vita.

brainpann

quick question especially for who has wipeout on the vita.
Well, i never played wipeout but i love the demo. The music, visuals and fast even if hard gameplay.

So is wipeout 2048 a good investment on the vita and fun racing game or a really hard game that it's not for everyone and that you only play it sometimes?

Let me start this by saying that Wipeout is bar none my favorite gaming series ever. With that said, I was dismayed at some of the early reviews of the game saying it was flawed. Personally, for me, I think it is one of the very best Wipeouts to date, next to Wipeout Pure/HD and Wip3out (Wipeout 3). It is a bit challenging at times and I think that is one of the reasons it got some bad press but I don't think that a Wipeout novice would have a problem with it because it does ease you into the game. In fact, if you never have really played a Wipeout before, I whole heartedly recommend 2048. Its a solid game.

brainpann

shesh why aren't PSN games discounted to reflect the retail price :|

and why is Lumines still at $35 , can't stop playing the demo

I just picked a sealed copy of Lumines on eBay for $20.00. I know eBay isn't the best but I have seen some decent deals on it. Also picked up an 8gb card for $10.00 a couple of weeks ago.

***edit***

sorry, didnt mean to post on top of a post.

hwy_61

Banned
I feel shame in saying this but, I've never played a wipeout game. I tried one once, but would get through a track by zig zag crashing into the walls. Needless to say, I never made it through a track. How the heck are you suppose to play that game?

Cornbread78

I can't either, I'm at the final boss but he obliterated half my team in one shot.

Time to go and level up a bit more I guess. :p

TO THE ITEM WORLD!
yeah, always go into the yellow legendary items. especially at the higher item levels, the pirates help level quickly

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I feel shame in saying this but, I've never played a wipeout game. I tried one once, but would get through a track by zig zag crashing into the walls. Needless to say, I never made it through a track. How the heck are you suppose to play that game?
Gotta be making small movements with the analog sticks instead of oversteering. At faster speeds you almost have to start turning and using the airbrakes as soon as you see the corner, to fling your ship around. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Alright.

My collection so far is:
Mortal Kombat
UMvC3
MGSHD
Uncharted
Gravity Rush
Rayman Origins

I hated resistance and Disgaea 3 was a bit too much for me to get into. Need more suggestions....

Quick

Banned
So, Uncharted: Golden Abyss isn't as amazing/mind blowing as I hoped it would be, but it's still a pretty good game.

Couldn't believe I spent the first 13 chapters in one or two areas, but I wasn't paying attention until Drake and Chase got out of the camp.

My mind was blown when I was told to hold the parchment up to the light, and I literally focused it on my room light and saw the progress % move. Holy crap.

brainpann

Gotta be making small movements with the analog sticks instead of oversteering. At faster speeds you almost have to start turning and using the airbrakes as soon as you see the corner, to fling your ship around. Takes a bit of getting used to.

This might sound weird but playing Wipeout is an act of meditation for me. The thumping music coupled the with need for extreme concentration (at least for me) puts me into a zone. After playing for a bit, I tend feel a little more relaxed and satisfied. My gf can't even watch when I play because she says there is waaay too much going on.

BTW, how is UMvC3? I want to buy it but I find the small buttons on the Vita annoying when I try to play fighting games.

brainpann

beason52

Neo Member
Wipeout and Motorstorm are the only racers I play...I don't think you have to be a big fan of the genre to appreciate it.
Wipeout is so, so good. And that was before they added HD/Fury tracks to it.

My mind was blown when I was told to hold the parchment up to the light, and I literally focused it on my room light and saw the progress % move. Holy crap.

Agreed I loved that, actually I loved most all of the interactivity, doing charcoal rubbings, etc.

Quick

Banned
Agreed I loved that, actually I loved most all of the interactivity, doing charcoal rubbings, etc.

When it was first announced, and I got to see the mechanics of the game, I thought that was all a gimmick. Sliding my finger across the screen for Drake to climb on a path gave me a break from holding my Vita up for a second. Using the back touchpad to rotate items fell a bit flat for me, only because I can't seem to control it properly, thus making the item spin around and giving me a headache, but A for effort.

Having not played my PSP (or any handheld) in years, it took a little getting used to aiming with the analog stick. I seem to have heavy thumbs and either go all the way in either direction. Getting better at it. Seems like ages ago when everyone was asking for dual analog sticks on the PSP. :lol

BTW, how is UMvC3? I want to buy it but I find the small buttons on the Vita annoying when I try to play fighting games.

I find it fantastic. I have over 500 hours in the game. I liked it so much I bought it on the PS3 to use my fight stick. Oddly enough, I still play on the vita and never on the PS3.

If the rage quitters dont get to you, you're set.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I just hit 40000 gems on ToMB's daily scratch minigame. I just shared it on Near, so if you're on my friendslist and play ToMB, fire up Near and get your share of the loot before it expires.

quabba

OK so can I buy a game on one PSN account and then remote play it on the VITA while signed into a different PSN account?

The reason I ask is because I have a USA PSN account and a AUS psn account. I use the USA almost always but, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus is only $30 on AU PSN (vs $40 on USA).

If I buy it on AU psn will I be able to remote play it (once they patch that in) on the US Vita account?

In the end it probably won't matter since I'll play them before remote play patch comes out or remote play will (continue to) suck, but it would be good to know.

OK so can I buy a game on one PSN account and then remote play it on the VITA while signed into a different PSN account?

The reason I ask is because I have a USA PSN account and a AUS psn account. I use the USA almost always but, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus is only $30 on AU PSN (vs $40 on USA).

If I buy it on AU psn will I be able to remote play it (once they patch that in) on the US Vita account?

In the end it probably won't matter since I'll play them before remote play patch comes out or remote play will (continue to) suck, but it would be good to know.

Remote Play will only work if the accounts match, I believe. Been a while since I messed with it, though.

Grinchy

Banned
So, Uncharted: Golden Abyss isn't as amazing/mind blowing as I hoped it would be, but it's still a pretty good game.

Couldn't believe I spent the first 13 chapters in one or two areas, but I wasn't paying attention until Drake and Chase got out of the camp.

I definitely enjoyed it overall. I thought the gyro aiming was so perfect that still, to this day, I find myself trying to use it in Unit 13 or PS3 FPS games. I never actually thought I'd like it before Uncharted on Vita.

Takao

Banned

Platinum has never made a game for a Sony handheld. They worked with Nude Maker on Infinite Space for DS.

Moofers

I want to get a petition going to have Tiny Wings HD brought over to PS Minis. There's no reason it couldn't come to the Vita at least!

SkylineRKR

After replaying UC2 I realized how awesome Golden Abyss actually might be. UC2 kinda disappointed me; its very linear, no challenge... Somehow GA felt less like a gallery shooter and a more difficult game, it had a lot of distraction although rubbing maps etc became a chore.

Wipeout is likely my favourite Vita game. And the lot of HD is now included with it too. There are complaints about lack of 60fps but the game is still lightning fast and looks amazing.

Rasec

Let me start this by saying that Wipeout is bar none my favorite gaming series ever. With that said, I was dismayed at some of the early reviews of the game saying it was flawed. Personally, for me, I think it is one of the very best Wipeouts to date, next to Wipeout Pure/HD and Wip3out (Wipeout 3). It is a bit challenging at times and I think that is one of the reasons it got some bad press but I don't think that a Wipeout novice would have a problem with it because it does ease you into the game. In fact, if you never have really played a Wipeout before, I whole heartedly recommend 2048. Its a solid game.
Thanks for the opinion. I think i should play an wipeout since the concept always interested me.

This might sound weird but playing Wipeout is an act of meditation for me. The thumping music coupled the with need for extreme concentration (at least for me) puts me into a zone. After playing for a bit, I tend feel a little more relaxed and satisfied. My gf can't even watch when I play because she says there is waaay too much going on.

I like that "waaay to much going on" in this game xD It keeps my adrenaline going up.
Also, UMvC3 is pretty good in the vita. The buttons weren't a concert for me and it's actually the favorite game my girlfriend likes on the vita. Never expected that. xD

Wipeout and Motorstorm are the only racers I play...I don't think you have to be a big fan of the genre to appreciate it.
Wipeout is so, so good. And that was before they added HD/Fury tracks to it.
Motorstorm is cool but i never was able to play it too much. Guess that view for racing doesn't feel very natural for me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A sort of new tech insight. Well, it was posted a month ago to chipworks, but was it picked up elsewhere? Anyway, looks like there was some fairly advanced chip manufacturing going on in Vita.

Sony’s PS Vita Uses Chip-on-Chip SiP – 3D, but not 3D

The CPU package is a stack of 5 dies that include the CPU die, the main memory, and wide-io GPU memory.

Last year at ISSCC Samsung described a similar wide I/O DRAM using TSVs [1], claiming a data bandwidth of 12.8 Gb/s, four times the bandwidth of an equivalent LPDDR2 part. I doubt that the authors expected their design to be in a volume consumer device before the end of the year, but that seems to be what happened!

By combining the processor with the different memories in the same package in the Vita, Sony and Toshiba have produced one of the few true system-in-package (SiP) parts that we have seen. And I would call it 3D, even though industry convention is now restricting that term to TSV-based parts – so it’s not 3D, in our current argot.

/jeff-rigby-alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom