• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Tiny Wings HD would be neat...I did spend a long time on it on iPhone....but it was pretty frustrating!

Glad to see so many of you picking up Lumines, a staple game in anyones collection. Sorry I never got round to splitting that video! If you aren't enjoying it atm, don't worry, it will grow on you, I'm totally confident about that.

Wipeout is the reason I bought the vita. I would recommend picking this up (along with some grip accessory) IF:

* you are up for a futuristic racing challenge
* you won't be put off too easily from crashing into walls

(especially if you haven't played wipeout before)

The game is extremely rewarding. It has a few niggles but mostly only fans of the series would recognise them. The game is speed, adrenalin, knife point gaming.... It helps if you play/compete with friends, even for leader board times...but I'll just leave this here to show how even time trial is wicked - forgive the lack of sound (soundtrack is pretty great too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lLLIxxOxQQ

Also, there are so many modes and a ridiculous amount of content and fun, especially if you get the DLC (which was given for free since I had them on PS3 already).

About Uncharted---I'm convinced to pick it up just to experience the shooting with the gyro. It was perfect for adjustments in GR and can see it helping out a lot in uncharted - who's shooting mechanics I never used to like at all.

why the hell won't Lumines drop in price?!?! I've had a Vita since launch and it's still full price digitally, I refuse to buy this retail because I want access to this game at all times and I refuse to spend more then $20, drop the damn price already Sony/Ubi

Nibel

Just bought a new sealed copy of Uncharted for 22€

Feels good mang

iqm9l0BqGTisg.gif

gcubed

I preordered Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4 Golden and Good people Die at the same time. Now they all seem so far away...

i have a list of pre-orders that are going to break me because if they stay on track they are hitting back to back to back. Good job on timing of releases Sony.

Land of the Livid Dead is all that remains between me and finishing Rayman Origins with a platinum on my second platform this year!

Edit: done. :D

Yea I reported it stolen, so they refunded for a bunch of stuff this kid ordered up...but banned the system from PSN. I was told I need to give the money back to unban my system. Does that sound correct?

At any rate, if I have to give up money it will be towards the AC Vita...not a bunch of Lego games...

So the neighbor kid stole it out of your bag and bought a bunch of shit on it with your CC?

Yea...

darkwing

why the hell won't Lumines drop in price?!?! I've had a Vita since launch and it's still full price digitally, I refuse to buy this retail because I want access to this game at all times and I refuse to spend more then $20, drop the damn price already Sony/Ubi

lol my feelings exactly

BFIB

I've been out of the loop on the Vita for the past month, have they announced when PS1 classics will be available?

Jeels

I just want to say, I am almost completely turned off by my Vita (and I absolutely love it) for this proprietary shit.

My kitten completely destroyed my charger...Go to buy a new one.18 bucks for the adapter on top of 15 for a freakin USB cable?

kuroshiki

So, Uncharted: Golden Abyss isn't as amazing/mind blowing as I hoped it would be, but it's still a pretty good game.

Couldn't believe I spent the first 13 chapters in one or two areas, but I wasn't paying attention until Drake and Chase got out of the camp.

This is the one thing I don't like about my initial play through of GA so far - it feels like the environments are too same-y for me. Does it change a lot later on? I was hoping it does... coming off Uncharted 3, GA could never shine as much, but I still want to give it a chance. I'm enjoying it, I just feel like 3 was literally a Hollywood blockbuster in that it was so varied in locales.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I just want to say, I am almost completely turned off by my Vita (and I absolutely love it) for this proprietary shit.

My kitten completely destroyed my charger...Go to buy a new one.18 bucks for the adapter on top of 15 for a freakin USB cable?

Yeah, they are definitely overpriced. It's too bad you missed Best Buy's sale last week. They had the adapter for $5.

BFIB

I'd say to check Targets clearance racks. I bought two chargers and cables for $20 total a few months ago.

kuroshiki

Since I already bought the AC adapter thinking I would be set with just that (all I asked the Gamestop employee was for "a regular Vita charger"), is it possible to use that USB cable with the Vita AC adapter?

That cable works on EVERYTHING. It's just same as original vita USB cable without sony logo on it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That cable works on EVERYTHING. It's just same as original vita USB cable without sony logo on it.

"Note that the USB A male connector on this cable does not have the grooves in the housing, so this cable cannot be used with the charging adapter that comes with the Vita. However, it can be used for sync operations and charging from any standard USB power source (e.g., wall charger, car charger, PC, backup battery, etc.)."

I don't own the cable but uh it says in the summary that it doesn't work with the standard Vita adapter.

kuroshiki

Oh snap. Sorry about that.

I'm charging my vita with this cable and HTC wallcharger (since my phone is using it). I thought it worked on everything. apparently not.

Sol1dus

I'm really lazy and I don't like having to disconnect and connect cables. So I've been plugging the USB cable of the vita into my Casio Camera AC charger. Works great.

patsu

Woohoo ! Finally completed VC2 last night. ^_^

Will finish off Sound Shapes, and move on to MGS HD Collection next.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Haha youre funny!

So is the PS1 compatible list really only going to be 3 games long? I hope it's just like 3 marquee games they feel like mentioning and at least a hundred they didnt feel like listing :|

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/120815c_e.html

Looking to downloadable products, Jim Ryan revealed that from August 28th, over 100 PS One classics including Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 2 will be available to download for PS Vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, what's the point of getting a 3G model over a wifi only model? Getting GPS and that's about it?

TheSeks

ideally, so you can connect to PSN and things while "on the go"

... or you could just root/jailbreak your phone

So there's no net benefit for the 3G model at all still?

I know "Near" gets some benefit from the GPS but nothing really changes on that front right?

I don't really care if I have to connect to a wifi spot to play online and all that. I'm torn between spending the $50 extra for the 3G model or just going with my gut instinct of "well, 3G isn't ever going to be used for any net benefit to be worth it..." and saving the cash and just getting a wifi-only model.

I know "Near" gets some benefit from the GPS but nothing really changes on that front right?

I don't really care if I have to connect to a wifi spot to play online and all that. I'm torn between spending the $50 extra for the 3G model or just going with my gut instinct of "well, 3G isn't ever going to be used for any net benefit to be worth it..." and saving the cash and just getting a wifi-only model.

I went with WiFi. I don't regret it

darkwing

go with wifi, unless you really need 3G

I've owned the 3G FEB model since day one and yeah... there is no real benefit to 3G access. The cheapest AT&T plan is $15 a month for 200 megs of data. That's really on good for NEAR, syncing trophies, browsing friends, messaging and leader board updates.

Save the $50 you'd spend on a 3G model and put it towards the 32 gig memory card.

Tiny Wings HD would be neat...I did spend a long time on it on iPhone....but it was pretty frustrating!

I don't see why anyone would release those iphone/mini games on vita when you can get them on PSM and reach a bigger audience. I think that's the reason flying hamsters vita was cancelled and the reason we haven't heard anything on great little war game that was supposed to be out for vita. The developers would prefer to release those smaller games on psm and get those people htc/asus phones as well as vita only customers.

TheSeks

Yeah, I've been on the Wifi fence but I was just wondering if 3G was worth it. Guess it isn't. I'm going to play around with some more demo units but I want to replace my PSP1 with the PSP2 (er-Vita) for PSX games and P4:the Golden coming out soon...

patsu

I don't see why anyone would release those iphone/mini games on vita when you can get them on PSM and reach a bigger audience. I think that's the reason flying hamsters vita was cancelled and the reason we haven't heard anything on great little war game that was supposed to be out for vita. The developers would prefer to release those smaller games on psm and get those people htc/asus phones as well as vita only customers.

If it's 2D touchscreen games, PS Mobile would make sense. Porting to PS3 may lose something in the process.

Massa

Yea I reported it stolen, so they refunded for a bunch of stuff this kid ordered up...but banned the system from PSN. I was told I need to give the money back to unban my system. Does that sound correct?

At any rate, if I have to give up money it will be towards the AC Vita...not a bunch of Lego games...

Yea...

Did they ban the system or the account? Usually it's the account.

patsu

3G probably matters more to those who subscribe to AT&T's shared data plan. You can access the net from multiple devices, plus some special features (e.g., FaceTime on-the-go).

For the rest of the folks, WiFi + a higher capacity memcard should suffice. 1.8 firmware will improve on WiFi-geolocation for Near, plus slightly enhanced Google Maps (for both 3G and Wifi).

arimanius

Yeah, I've been on the Wifi fence but I was just wondering if 3G was worth it. Guess it isn't. I'm going to play around with some more demo units but I want to replace my PSP1 with the PSP2 (er-Vita) for PSX games and P4:the Golden coming out soon...

I don't think it's worth it unless you can get it for cheap. Been very happy with my wifi only version and everything place nowadays have wifi access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom