• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

When I redownloaded my Ps3 library on a new HDD I had to manually install every fucking thing. Also, if you install during a download... you're better off doing something else. Goes at a snails pace that way. Deleting multiple saves, I couldn't do it. Annoying.

LiveArea needs to open all kinds of shit, its not really as streamlined as I wished. If you own lots of games the bubbles will do you in also. I'm on 4 pages already and don't own _that_ much yet.

I think the old school 360 dashboard is probably the best.

zroid

Banned
Guacamelee really does look quite good.
I didn't care for the Tales From Space games, so I'm glad Drinkbox is going in a different direction here

I especially love the vibrant art style. There aren't enough brawler-platformers nowadays.

Man, soul sacrifice and ragnarok look real amateur hour . like the animations and ro art style look real blech . I hope there's more than that to look forward to on the retail front
What the fuk? Is this a joke post? Have you seen soul sacrifice? I swear GAF is starting to look more like gamer FAQs and system wars every single day.

Takao

Banned
Ragnarok isn't all that great looking based on the demo. Environment geometry looks PSP-level but just cleaner. The character models are a bit above PSP level.

Skyzard

Banned

Only the first three are comic-con, the rest are old from E3.

I couldn't get a good idea for how smooth SFxT was, but I'm glad it at least has a decent heihachi and not the monster in All-Stars.

Guacamelee has an interesting design for a platformer, will keep an eye on that. Ragnarok looked quite good too. - Although I felt his frustration missing with his special spell each time as the enemy changed position.

Lol at the guy in the e3 LBP video saying it is running at 60fps..

Can't wait for Sine Mora either, space shooter for 2 bux is satisfying my shmup urge in the mean time.

-------

Just watching this SFxT comic-con interview. Also out Oct23 - I have a feeling Sony groups game releases at the same date to have a maximising effect on number of vitas sold. It makes more sense for developers to release them spaced out. More sense for Sony to pack them all - show a spike in sales and hopefully has more of an effect of advertising their product for them, smart I'd say for the first year.

Cloudy

Banned
Spoiler alert: they don't.

There will be a way to do this with some registry fix about 2 seconds after it's officially out. But point taken. MS is setting themselves up for a Windows Vista type debacle if they think they can force metro on non-touchscreen users :p

oldmario

When I redownloaded my Ps3 library on a new HDD I had to manually install every fucking thing. Also, if you install during a download... you're better off doing something else. Goes at a snails pace that way. Deleting multiple saves, I couldn't do it. Annoying.

LiveArea needs to open all kinds of shit, its not really as streamlined as I wished. If you own lots of games the bubbles will do you in also. I'm on 4 pages already and don't own _that_ much yet.

I think the old school 360 dashboard is probably the best.

If you go to the turn off system option on the xmb it should ask you to turn off after downloads have finished, this will install any completed downloads aswell as finishing them

Joe Molotov

video-game-retro-ads-080413-virtual-league-baseball.jpg

How could the Virtual Boy have failed with advertising that good?

Iacobellis

Yeah, my biggest annoyance is that stupid load screen everytime I open a new bubble. I imagined the ram in PSV should be more than enough.

So are apps put into a saved state similar to how iOS handles multitasking? If that's the case, why can't heavy apps such as the Web Browser or YouTube run while a game is in the background?

Cloudy

Banned
I played Virtua Tennis 4 until 5 in the fucking morning. Last night was literally the most fun I have had with my Vita thus far. If you guys are Hot Shots Golf fans, this game scratches that same sort of itch. And it looks fantastic. (Well, aside from the horrible monstrosity that is my in-game character, created from a photo of my face. That shit doesn't work.)

I bit the bullet and paid $39.99 on PSN for VT4, but fuck it - it was worth it. Fantastic game. FANTASTIC. Color me surprised.

I want it but I can't really justify paying over $20 since I have a lot of other stuff to play

So are apps put into a saved state similar to how iOS handles multitasking? If that's the case, why can't heavy apps such as the Web Browser or YouTube run while a game is in the background?

You still need to launch them. It would be better if friendlist, trophies were open all the time and update themselves in the background.

Carl

Guacamelee looks fantastic. DrinkBox Studios have something REALLY good going. I think they're definitely one to look out for in the future.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Guacamelee looks fantastic. DrinkBox Studios have something REALLY good going. I think they're definitely one to look out for in the future.

yeah and after falling in love with Mutant Blobs Attack I'm definitely getting this.

get all muh money,Canadian Empire.

Question

I'm trying to load videos on my vita, what directory does the vita look in to access videos? I have a movie on my desktop, videos, and my videos. When I connect my vita to my pc, it always come back to "There are no videos." I do have them in the right psp mp4 format.

Help.

Skyzard

Banned
You customise it with Content Manager Assistant's preferences. - Put the videos in the folder specified. Open up the manager in the vita after connecting it up, choose PC -> vita (videos).

Carl

I just tweeted how great Guacamelee looks and got a reply off of the art director, haha. Awesome.

as a canadian you can donate to me at 555-555-5555

Make a game as good as About a Blob/Mutant Blobs/Guacamelee and you can have all of my money

You customise it with Content Manager Assistant's preferences. - Put the videos in the folder specified. Open up the manager in the vita after connecting it up, choose PC -> vita (videos).

Thanks, I just checked it and its designated to videos but for some reason my vita isn't seeing the videos.

EDIT: Got it too work thanks.

Shai-Tan

Banned

The Vita seems much more aggressive about loading apps out of memory. Almost every time I'm switching to an app it's refreshing it's state again. It doesn't seem like they have a strong application model for saving the state or the scene. And the fact that the Vita doesn't have built in storage means devs can't assume a disk is there to save application state to disk so the program doesn't have to load like it was never open the next time the user comes back to it after it was pushed from memory. It's a pretty poor multitasking model imo even considering the very limited memory they allow apps to occupy. I wouldn't expect browser state to stay in memory but if you're going to flush it out of memory the app needs to know what to do get back where it was before. Instead we get a bunch of nonsense telling us one app needs to be closed before another can be opened. Only because they failed at operating system design and don't know how to build apps for a mobile environment.

unsung0

Neo Member
Hey guys, another day one Vita owner here. Been lurking in this thread for a while, just got approved so I thought I'd jump in.
I'm currently playing Rayman, Unit 13, MGSC, MLB 12, and Velocity on my Vita.
Feel free to add me on PSN: unsung0
Thanks to everyone in here for all the great recommendations and tips over the past few months.

Carl

Hey guys, another day one Vita owner here. Been lurking in this thread for a while, just got approved so I thought I'd jump in.
Thanks to everyone in here for all the great recommendations and tips over the past few months.

Do you own Mutant Blobs Attack? ;D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Welcome to GAF

and get Gravity Rush ( it's GOTY), Mutant Blobs Attack and Where is my Heart.

I posted I bought this on tuesday of last week. Its great, i got it fry's for 10 bucks. Very comfortable, I wish this was the ps4 new controller.

Well Sony now will have to put that superior d-pad on DS4 that for sure.

I guess I'm getting the trigger grip for FPS(now SCE Cambridge,where is my KZ?)

so I used content manager to back up the stuff on my vita memory card on my ps3.....but where is it on my ps3, I can't find it! I can see it used up the HDD space, but I can't find where I can look at what is stored....

Barryman

Is anyone else really frustrated whenever a new XBLA/PSN game comes out that would be perfect for Vita?

I've been playing Spelunky and Dyad and would love to sink way more time into both of those games but have been finding that more and more, I really dislike having to go sit in the same chair whenever I want to play a bit of a game, particularly if it's bit sized like those games are.

It seems like Dyad might come to Vita, but I really am getting sad that I won't play Spelunky nearly as much as I would if it were to come to Vita!

Carl

lol, not yet actually. But because of you, I will be picking it up. Probably after I finish Rayman.

There is a reason i keep recommending it :D It really is absolutely brilliant. Let us know what you think when you've picked it up.

As Totobeni said, Where is My Heart? is a good Mini :)

Oh and yeah, welcome to GAF

Rezae

Speaking of grips, has anyone tried this one by CTA Digital?

OcAXUl.jpg

Seems to have a more reviews, a higher rating, and slightly cheaper than the other grip. I just can't imagine how it would feel in my hands though.

Skyzard

Banned
My Vita doesn't leave it. Without it, I might have gone back to PS3/PC gaming.

Shit, I still got to do the walkthrough for removing the lock to make space for a charger. It's pretty easy though, just cut some space for it and chuck things out ;) It locks in place and can still be removed as the top of the grip is flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom