• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

They will need to improve the battery life even more before providing extensive support for 4G. That and the 3G/4G subscription price need to go lower.

patsu

Only if it allows for you to play online anywhere, which I assume it would.

If all people want is anywhere gaming, the current gen 3G Vita would work too. Just get a Mifi device (powered separately) for 4G connectivity. The built-in GPS can continue to provide accurate geolocation.

They "only" need to improve the stateless PSN connection in the firmware today.

Massa

Theres the bioshock and some other costumes you get for pre-ordering it physically, just wondering if you can get those if you buy the digital version instead

Depends on the game. For Gravity Rush they gave the DLC bonus to everyone that bought it the first week on PSN, for Resistance they didn't bother with the pre-order bonuses at all.

With PSN Play and some EA Sports games this year they're giving pre-order bonuses on PSN.

Seventy5

So I imported Ragnarok Odysey from Playasia.com and it arrived today. I got the Chinese/English version and it is glorious! Huge PSO influence and it plays better than MH (which I a huge fan of). Awesome game, highly recommend it for anyone wanting a new Vita game, and it only took 3 days to arrive.

So I imported Ragnarok Odysey from Playasia.com and it arrived today. I got the Chinese/English version and it is glorious! Huge PSO influence and it plays better than MH (which I a huge fan of). Awesome game, highly recommend it for anyone wanting a new Vita game, and it only took 3 days to arrive.

I want to play the hell out of this game, but don't think it's worth it to import. What was your final price?

patsu

If they have resources to implement 4G for Vita, I'd rather they improve PSN usability and community services on Vita. e.g., Allow us to choose an always-connect mode for PSN (if we are connected to a wall socket).

Heck, they can even explore cross PS3-Vita community services like Cross-Game-Chat, 2D Home game launching to beef up PS3's capability. PS3 suffers from limited memory, running an integrated PSN community service on Vita to host Cross-Game-Chat for PS3 games for example may be interesting.

It became even more interesting with the Gaikai purchase.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I was never a fan of Monster Hunter, but I'm vaguely interested in Ragnorak Odyssey. Am I going to hate it?

I was never a fan of Monster Hunter, but I'm vaguely interested in Ragnorak Odyssey. Am I going to hate it?

Monster Hunter never caught my interest based on how SLOOOW everything is. You walk/run slow. Enemy battles are slow. Attack animations are slow.

After watching some game play footage of Odyssey, It looks like it has way more action than the Monster Hunter series with a lot more action.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Did you like PSO? Its more like that than MH, except the upgrade system. The combat is pretty fun. Launchers and air combos!

Never played PSO. It looked interesting, but I didn't own a Dreamcast. I'm going to pick up RO and pretend it's the PSO I never got to play.

brainpann

Damn this thread. I was content waiting for the U.S. release of Ragnarok Odyssey in October until I saw you could get the Chinese+English version for 10.00 more, now. Just bought a copy off the eBay for $49.00 with free shipping. Granted, it will take a couple of weeks for me to get it but that is fine.

Damn this thread. I was content waiting for the U.S. release of Ragnarok Odyssey in October until I saw you could get the Chinese+English version for 10.00 more, now. Just bought a copy off the eBay for $49.00 with free shipping. Granted, it will take a couple of weeks for me to get it but that is fine.

dammit

I just spent 200 on a 3DS XL. You guys are ruining me

Seventy5

I was gonna recommend playasia to, but they are apparently sold out. I will be double dipping on this game in October.

I hope they fix the Friends app refresh problem. I can't even use it to manage my friends list because it is constantly shuffling and updating the list. So irritating.

A simple thing like Friends list should be always loaded in the background. I really hope in future updates we won't even need to open/update the app anymore.

branny

1. Ragnarok Odyssey (NA) still does not have a release date despite what any retailer's placeholder date is. Word on the street is that there is a slight chance you can expect a release date announcement sometime this week.

2. Do not play PSO because it has not held up at all (and honestly wasn't even that good to begin with compared to other MMOs on the market around the same time). Play the PSP games or wait for PSO2 instead to get your Phantasy Star fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom