• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Ragnarok Odyssey (NA) still does not have a release date despite what any retailer's placeholder date is. Word on the street is that there is a slight chance you can expect a release date announcement sometime this week.

2. Do not play PSO because it has not held up at all (and honestly wasn't even that good to begin with compared to other MMOs on the market around the same time). Play the PSP games or wait for PSO2 instead.

It was also on the DS. Pretty good to boot

I thought all of them were good. I prefer it to other MMOs because of the combat feeling more like a 3rd person action game instead of a point click/mash F keys.

PSO2 is out in Japan. Looks fantastic. If that shit came out on the Vita I'd be screwed

I'm looking forward to seeing how the pax games look and run on vita. Some AA would be nice. Il prob pick up mgs. Wouldn't mind having them all but 4 on the one device. Still need to pick up the psp ones at some point as well.

Quick

Banned
So, I'm currently looking for a pouch/case, and the only thing that appeals to me is the one inside the starter pack.

d.jpg

I can't seem to find it by itself.

The only PSOne Classic I own is Parasite Eve, (which I got thanks to Gaf) and I only got that due to the Tomb Raiders and Resident Evils costing too much. Only other games besides those I'm interested in are Metal Gear Solid and FFVII (and maybe Crash and Spyro).

EDIT: I think I got Parasite Eve the same day as Corpse Party. What a coincidence...

I originally bought the 3G model to future proof the purchase and hopefully take advantage of whatever perks they were going to have for it. Unfortunately, that hasn't been much of anything so far. Plus, when the vita first came out it was what, 250$ for the wifi and nothing else while it was 300$ for the 3G plus an 8 gig card (though the 8 gigs isn't much its better than nothing lol).

Famassu

The only PSOne Classic I own is Parasite Eve, (which I got thanks to Gaf) and I only got that due to the Tomb Raiders and Resident Evils costing too much. Only other games besides those I'm interested in are Metal Gear Solid and FFVII (and maybe Crash and Spyro).

EDIT: I think I got Parasite Eve the same day as Corpse Party. What a coincidence...
You need to give Alundra a change and not limit yourself to such obvious (and worse than Alundra) choices. Better than most Zeldas.

Lumines: Eletronic Symphony is the new Velocity. Have you bought Lumines yet?

I had the last 2 on PSP. Great games, but never anyone to battle. I bought it for XBL hoping I could battle, but nope, no one.

If you've never played it, by all means. I'm kind of lumines'd out

I do want mutant blob. I always feel bad when I buy DD games. I'm always done so quick and never touch them again

This is part of the problem with Sony and its lack of synergy in general.

Vita needs new games, yet the game adaptation of SPA new movie Hotel Transylvannia is only for 3DS and DS.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Vita needs new games, yet the game adaptation of SPA new movie Hotel Transylvannia is only for 3DS and DS.
I don't believe that game exemplifies a the problem with Sony anymore than the iOS exclusive The Hunger Games game does. If this were a multiplatform game on every system except Vita, like Ben 10: Omniverse, then there'd be more reason for alarm.

demigod

You missed out on 2 sales of Resident Evil. Also it was free at one time for PS+ members.

I don't believe that game exemplifies a the problem with Sony anymore than the iOS exclusive The Hunger Games game foes. If this were a multiplatform game on every system except Vita, like Ben 10: Omniverse, then there'd be more reason for alarm.

I don't see how The Hunger Games on iOS is comparable. The Hunger Games movie was produced by Lionsgate, a company that is not part of the big 6 and does not have a sister company that produces videogame hardware or mobile phone or any hardware for that matter. Hotel Transylvania is a kid's movie from Sony Pictures Animation whose parent company is Sony Pictures. SCE is a sister company to SPE.

Anyways, that's just my opinion.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
^There are like 5 apps total, wth is this. We need instrument apps, office apps, newsfeeds etc.

I'd go out and buy a PSP2 right now if a Kindle and/or Nook reading app hit the PSP2. I mean FFS, it literally is begging for one of those to come to the system.

Takao: What were those five apps? I know Near "enhanced" with 3G, but I haven't heard of anything REQUIRING/wanting 3G.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;41222596 said:
I did because it was available for the same price as the WiFi unit at Lockerz. The people who bought the FEB at full price? Now they're the crazy ones.

Consider me a crazy one, then. FEB + Uncharted at launch.

"Here's to the crazy ones..."

I don't see how The Hunger Games on iOS is comparable. The Hunger Games movie was produced by Lionsgate, a company that is not part of the big 6 and does not have a sister company that produces videogame hardware or mobile phone or any hardware for that matter. Hotel Transylvania is a kid's movie from Sony Pictures Animation whose parent company is Sony Pictures. SCE is a sister company to SPE.

Probably a decision based on general user base demographics.
I'm guessing more kids have DS/3DS and thus the likelihood of shipping/selling enough copies to make it profitable. Not sure what the statistics say about the core target audience of that game and the amount of the vita install base that would purchase.

I saw yeah :) i fear the big PC people though :(

This is how I bought it twice.
Kinda awkard on a laptop keyboard... mouse mechanic instead of touch and keyboard instead of tilt for bonus levels is kind of a bummer. Doesn't feel right.

i got a FEB as i was going on vacation and couldnt get one in mexico, wanted something to pass the time at night

worth the extra 50 bucks easily for that reason alone

Takao

Banned

The Amazing Spiderman launching on every platform but Vita is worse than this. TAS has an audience that likely overlaps with Vita's userbase. Something like Hotel Transylvania doesn't. Both are Sony Pictures films.

Then there's the Resident Evil debacle. Sony makes Resident Evil movies ... no new Resident Evil on Sony's handhelds, but rather on Nintendo's.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't see why anyone would release those iphone/mini games on vita when you can get them on PSM and reach a bigger audience. I think that's the reason flying hamsters vita was cancelled and the reason we haven't heard anything on great little war game that was supposed to be out for vita. The developers would prefer to release those smaller games on psm and get those people htc/asus phones as well as vita only customers.

This is a good point about the much larger userbase, I keep forgetting about PSM as I'm worried about how devs have to make the game compatible for all the devices so it isn't the best it can be on the vita...but their games com presentation as as well shows some decent titles, looking forward to it.

Probably a decision based on general user base demographics.
I'm guessing more kids have DS/3DS and thus the likelihood of shipping/selling enough copies to make it profitable. Not sure what the statistics say about the core target audience of that game and the amount of the vita install base that would purchase.

If that movie was made by LionsGate or Universal, then sure, I could see how that would come into play. The movie being made by Sony should signify that any 3rd party videogame company wanting to adapt that movie into a game should put the game on Vita and PS3. That should be on the contract.

The Amazing Spiderman launching on every platform but Vita is worse than this. TAS has an audience that likely overlaps with Vita's userbase. Something like Hotel Transylvania doesn't. Both are Sony Pictures films.

Then there's the Resident Evil debacle. Sony makes Resident Evil movies ... no new Resident Evil on Sony's handhelds, but rather on Nintendo's.

Yeah I forgot about TAS, but you get my point. That's what I'm trying to point out. TAS should be on Vita. RE is a little trickier, but sure, Screen Gems could go to Capcom and try to negotiate to have RE on Vita but then Capcom could go to another studio or require more money from each movie from Screen Gems. Another example is how GOW (if it ever gets made) would be made by Universal and not Columbia.

This is Kaz Hirai's problem to solve though. He said he wanted more synergy and everything. Stringer had already mentioned that was a big challenge due to old school managers and what not so best of luck to him.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

I completely glossed over that, my mistake. I understand what you're saying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom