• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorstorm RC is an amazing game to me, makes me feel getting for getting it free from that promo

so is there like a DLC pack for this game? all I see are cars for 0.99? but all the cars of the same class are the same right?

I started over from the beginning over the weekend (deleted it some time back). Had to redownload on the PS3, then transfer so I wouldn't have to pay for it.

If I use the farthest away view and RC style controls, I was tearing it up. Used to have problems getting first on the time trials, but no longer.

Reminds me a lot of Off Road in the arcades way back in the day.

zroid

Banned
Motorstorm RC is an amazing game to me, makes me feel getting for getting it free from that promo

so is there like a DLC pack for this game? all I see are cars for 0.99? but all the cars of the same class are the same right?

I know, it's a great little game (even though I'm terrible at it).

I hope Scion sells all the cars in the world for sponsoring it. In a way I wish their in-game advertising was more egregious, they deserve it lol. I feel like I rarely ever see the branding.

If I use the farthest away view and RC style controls, I was tearing it up. Used to have problems getting first on the time trials, but no longer.

Yeah, as an old-school Micro Machines fan, anything but RC controls feels wrong. I should try moving the camera back.

To those wondering, now the new MSRP of the games across all retailers (who knows when on PSN):

• Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
  • Little Deviants - $19.99
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
  • Reality Fighter - $19.99
  • Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
  • Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99
But I already own all those games :(

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Well the thing is I still have my PSP (somewhere...I'd have to dig it out of storage), so if I wanted to play PSP games I would just buy them for the PSP. I'm more looking at newer games that I can't get elsewhere.

That being said I never played FF Tactics, and from what I've been told I'm an idiot for not doing so.

Yeah, what you want and need is a 3DS, specially since you are looking for RPGs and Platformers.

When you get one, and since you probably missed it, get The World Ends With You for DS. You'll be in for quite the ride.

Takao

Banned

There are two DLC packs that add new tracks and stuff. There's the Carnival, and the Pro-Am expansion. Both are $2.99 each.

Razorskin

----- ------
So, I'm currently looking for a pouch/case, and the only thing that appeals to me is the one inside the starter pack.

d.jpg

I can't seem to find it by itself.

I really like this one, once you get the smell out of it.

Yeah, as an old-school Micro Machines fan, anything but RC controls feels wrong. I should try moving the camera back.

I didn't think to change the camera the first time I played the game. If you don't, you have almost not time to react to turns and things and you basically take yourself out of the race. When you get to the time trials and the over take races further down, you'll have no chance unless you do like 20 practice laps, but forget that.

Also, let go of gas around hairpin turns. I can't stress this enough. Start out wide, release gas, pass chicane, then gas it, hopefully exiting the turn on the inside of the corner. You'll rape that way

Counting down the days till PS1 Support is here, got FF7-9, RE1-3, Fear Effect 1&2 plus others all ready and waiting to be replayed :)

On a separate note and I may have read the answer to this before but i cant for the life of me remember, but why isn’t FF:CC on PSN? Has there ever been an actual reason other than 'LOL SquareEnix'?

Takao

Banned
Counting down the days till PS1 Support is here, got FF7-9, RE1-3, Fear Effect 1&2 plus others all ready and waiting to be replayed :)

On a separate note and I may have read the answer to this before but i cant for the life of me remember, but why isn’t FF:CC on PSN? Has there ever been an actual reason other than 'LOL SquareEnix'?

LOL SquareEnix

Rumor is that there are issues regarding the music.

There reason was LOL Squa...

Hmm noone really knows. Either SE didn't care or they made huge licensing mess with this game where it was unprofitable to set it straight for online release.

Derrick01

Banned
Best Buy finally lowered the price/MSRP of the first-party Vita games..so got my $30+ back from Uncharted and WipEout which I got a few weeks ago. :)

To those wondering, now the new MSRP of the games across all retailers (who knows when on PSN):

• Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
  • Little Deviants - $19.99
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
  • Reality Fighter - $19.99
  • Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
  • Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

$40 for Uncharted is insane. Hopefully during black friday there will be some decent deals because that's still new game price.

zroid

Banned
dammit, I just spent like 3 minutes trying to figure out why you were demanding Crystal Chronicles on PSN.

That's CC:FF. :<

test_account

XP-39C²
Got a new Platinum trophy today, Sound Shapes :D Great game.

I dont want to sound like an elitist, but why did the death mode get much hate? Is it because the random spawns for the notes? That can be frustrating indeed, but i managed to do all of them in less than 24 hours. Some challenges were hard, but nothing too impossible in my opinion.

NcKTv.jpg

I'm posting this question here because i've come to find this is an incredibly level headed and open group in this thread. Like a sanctuary of sanity in the rest of gaming gaf. I think I already know the answer to my question but i'm going to ask anyways and it's loosely Vita related but I think theres alot of crossover in this particular group and the people in here will be closer to my gaming style.

I've been without a PS3 for almost 4 months now and I lost my job around the same time. I had to sell my 3DS a couple months ago to pay some college fees so I could re-register (starting classes monday, yayyy!). I knew eventually I would pick both back up, but held onto my Vita (of course). I've came into enough money to get the laptop I need for college and I have just enough to get either a PS3 or 3DS XL, which one should I get to compliment my vita for now till probably tax return time. I really want to play Transformers FoC, Darksiders 2 and Xcom and ZoE later in fall. On the other hand i've missed my Devil Survivor and i've been dying to play KH 3D and FF Theaterhythm and will want to play Paper Mario and Code of Princess. I don't seem to be missing anything with PS Plus.

i would say buy neither until you have another job? save that cash in case of an emergency. when you have a regular source of income, re-assess and treat yourself to whichever one you think looks the most appealing? the systems and games are only going to get cheaper from now until then

of course, i'm terrible at money management myself. this is more of a do as i say, not as i do kind of post :)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm bored and thinking of grabbing 'Ridge Racer - Ultimate Edition' for £19.99 but the metacrtic @ 44 is putting me off, although that was the score for the original and not the Ultimate Edition so maybe this offers more value for money?

Couple quick Sound Shapes questions.

Is the game more fun to play on the Vita, or the PS3?

Also, do the trophies sync between the two versions, similar to how Motorstorm did?

I'm bored and thinking of grabbing 'Ridge Racer - Ultimate Edition' for £19.99 but the metacrtic @ 44 is putting me off, although that was the score for the original and not the Ultimate Edition so maybe this offers more value for money?

I would not recommend it to anyone unless online Ridge Racer racing was very enticing to them. As a single player/offlilne game, it's pretty terrible.

darkwing

Also, do the trophies sync between the two versions, similar to how Motorstorm did?

played the Sound Shapes campaign on the PS3, but played the death mode on the Vita, it's more fun on the Vita for me because booting up the game on the Vita is near instant if you leave it open, compared to booting up the PS3, turning on the TV etc... plus you can just play it anywhere

same as Motorstorm RC, can't imagine it playing it on the PS3 anymore

these two titles are great portable titles imo

KalBalboa

Banned

I would not recommend it to anyone unless online Ridge Racer racing was very enticing to them. As a single player/offlilne game, it's pretty terrible.

Yup on the trophies.

When I synched my Vita save to the cloud then jumped on my PS3 version, all the trophy notifications chimed in.

I think the game is best on Vita, but it's fun on PS3, too.

these two titles are great portable titles imo

I think the game is best on Vita, but it's fun on PS3, too.

Makes sense to me, since it was originally a Vita-only game.

--

And yes, my problem with death mode was the sheer absurdity my copy of the game bitch slapped me with when it came to the random spawns -- I'd play some of the levels perfectly, no flaws and end up with "you need 8 more notes. try again?" After 15 minutes of straight play, that gets really frustrating.

VanWinkle

Just bought the Nyko Power Grip. Excited to go home and try it out. Looks a little dumb but if its more comfortable and extends the battery life then that's okay!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

Ummm, thanks, not really into online tbh, think I'll grab Rayman Origins instead as it's the last day it's on offer @ £19.99.

Skyzard

Banned
Don't forget we will probably see a few titles on Christmas sales as well...so not the end of the world if you miss some of these guys.

mace999

Neo Member
I just saw that the HK version of Persona 4 The Golden is available for download on the HK PSN Store, does anybody know if this version has English, like Ragnarok, and if it's available to buy on cart !?!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I really hope MediEvil is part of the PS1 games next week. I've been wanting to replay this game for a long time.

Speaking of which, did anyone get MediEvil Resurrections? It was some sort of remake/expansion of the original game. Is it worth getting it for the Vita?

Takao

Banned
I really hope MediEvil is part of the PS1 games next week. I've been wanting to replay this game for a long time.

Speaking of which, did anyone get MediEvil Resurrections? It was some sort of remake/expansion of the original game. Is it worth getting it for the Vita?

It's $22. Screw that.

Arucardo

Tomorrow's PSN EU Summer sale update will drop the price for Persona 2 and 3 (PSP) to €17.99/£13.99, I'll consider getting P3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom