• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Oh, and Chrono Cross must be on the PSOne list. I've always wanted to play that game, and to have it in portable form would be a godsend.

Toki767

100 PS1 titles to play on the Vita next week...that better include all the Final Fantasy games. It worries me that they only mention VII.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
they only said VII because its the most popular/best selling just wait lol
Yeah, I imagine all of the Final Fantasy games are at least in the top 20 most purchased PS1 titles, so I would be shocked and appalled if they weren't compatible.

Yeah, I imagine all of the Final Fantasy games are at least in the top 20 most purchased PS1 titles, so I would be shocked and appalled if they weren't compatible.

My guess is that of Square's main titles we will see FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFT, Chrono Trigger, PE1&2, Vagrant Story, and Threads of Fate. I just don't have faith that the new emulator will work with their more Finicky games to emulate (like Front Mission 3, FFV, Chrono Cross and FFVIII).

Final Fantasy V never worked with the PS2, and VIII still manages to crash occasionally on the official PSN version when played on PSP.

Anything from Rockstar on the horizon? Or Square?

Edit:

Based on Sony's website... no! :(

Out of the games pending released Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Need For Speed are the must haves for me. That doesn't include the software already released like Gravity Rush, MGS, Hot Shots Golf.

winjet81

I think it was just easier than announcing 7, 8 , and 9 individually. I'd like a full list, though.

So as someone who has never played a FF game (yes, I know...), which PSX FF game is the best one to really get into the series? I'm not a 2D sprite kind of guy, so the earlier ones probably won't appeal to me.

I'm planning on getting FFX HD
if/
when it gets released... but who knows when that will happen.

linkboy

So as someone who has never played a FF game (yes, I know...), which PSX FF game is the best one to really get into the series? I'm not a 2D sprite kind of guy, so the earlier ones probably won't appeal to me.

if/

7 and 9 are both fantastic games, you really can't go wrong with either.

Toki767

if/

If you just want a really old school style RPG, play IX. If you want the good storytelling mixed with gameplay, play VII. If you want to play what might possibly be one of the best card games ever made in Triple Triad, play VIII.

None of them were really all that hard, but VII is probably the easiest to get into and probably had the most variety in terms of gameplay/mini-game sections.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
My guess is that of Square's main titles we will see FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFT, Chrono Trigger, PE1&2, Vagrant Story, and Threads of Fate. I just don't have faith that the new emulator will work with their more Finicky games to emulate (like Front Mission 3, FFV, Chrono Cross and FFVIII).
And that's the one of the games I really wanted to get back into. Not that I have the space for any PS1 games right now.

if/
I played the PS1 Final Fantasies for the first time when they were released over PSN, and while I only tried VII and VIII, I vastly preferred the latter. It was more immediately engaging, the world was more interesting to me, and it's aged better graphically. That said, I didn't get too far into either game, and neither did much to endear me on the series.

Spiegel

I wonder if Gaming Heaven 2 would just be TGS since it's so close.

Yes, I'm sure it will be their TGS conference.

And something unrelated to this, the other day ocurred to me why Vita isn't getting PES this year, maybe. Next year PES will be using the Fox engine, which supports the Vita, so Konami probably didn't want to spend resources creating PES 2013 for it when next year they will have to change the engine.

Raine

I was gonna buy IX from the Store...then I realized I had the original discs (along with VIII) that I never even played. I hate playing them via remote play though :(

And that's the one of the games I really wanted to get back into. Not that I have the space for any PS1 games right now.

You and me both, I loved playing through Front mission 3 on PS1. You have no idea how frustrating it was to play about 20 hours on the Alisa side into the game on PSP, Get to the point when you go to the Philippines, use "aim legs" with a rocket launcher and completely freeze the game over and over again.

It didn't happen when I played it on the PS3 (so there is hope), but it was incredibly frustrating.

Toki767

I was gonna buy IX from the Store...then I realized I had the original discs (along with VIII) that I never even played. I hate playing them via remote play though :(

If it's still sealed I wouldn't even open them at this point. $10 is a fair price for IX and VIII though. It was an absolute steal when it was $5 earlier this year.

cyborg009

Banned
Yes, I'm sure it will be their TGS conference.

And something unrelated to this, the other day ocurred to me why Vita isn't getting PES this year, maybe. Next year PES will be using the Fox engine, which supports the Vita, so Konami probably didn't want to spend resources creating PES 2013 for it when next year they will have to change the engine.

Oh Ok and I wonder what is going on with ZOE collection I don't think its coming to Vita anymore.

btkadams

if/

i say go with 9. the artstyle makes it the easiest on the eyes out of all of the psx games. 7, 8, & 9 are all fantastic games, but i think you should start with 9.

Famassu

So far... what is there? Not very much.
Gravity Rush
Tales From Space
Hot Shots Golf 6
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Sound Shapes (the game is made for Vita, plays so much better)
+ plenty of good multiplatforms (Rayman Origins, Virtua Tennis 4, Metal Gear Solid HD)

That's a much better line-up than most platforms have had during their first six months

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You and me both, I loved playing through Front mission 3 on PS1. You have no idea how frustrating it was to play about 20 hours on the Alisa side into the game on PSP, Get to the point when you go to the Philippines, use "aim legs" with a rocket launcher and completely freeze the game over and over again.

It didn't happen when I played it on the PS3 (so there is hope), but it was incredibly frustrating.
I never played too far into the game so I was lucky to not encounter any freezing issues, but I really enjoyed what I played. The presentation was great, the battles were fun, and the in-game internet system was mindblowing. I'm hoping I can give the game the time it deserves on the Vita.

Etzer

Hey guys; just got some Vita stuff in the mail:

Metal Gear Solid skin (very nice)
Hi7yf.jpg

Hori case; holds one game and a memory card. I was using a red Club Nintendo pouch before.

Also, the case is detachable and has a stand!

zroid

Banned
Pretty cool, especially the little stand thingy!

It sucks, but I always have problems with protective sleeves. They tend to make systems feel just a bit too-bulky. Or more bulky than they were intended to be, which often ruins the ergonomics. Not always, though.

Is there any chance this thing will get some sort of Ps2 backwards compatability? Does it already have it?

I mean shit, give me access to the most popular Ps2/Ps1 titles to play on the device and they've got me. Whatever other 1st party Vita offerings they have would be icing on the cake.

Now if its just Vita games? Going to take a huge roster of games to get me to buy.

I'm actually trying to get a PSP GO for PS1 and PSP games.

Gonna be sad to get rid of my custom Patapon 2001. Hopefully she goes to a good home

Takao

Banned
Is there any chance this thing will get some sort of Ps2 backwards compatability? Does it already have it?

I mean shit, give me access to the most popular Ps2/Ps1 titles to play on the device and they've got me. Whatever other 1st party Vita offerings they have would be icing on the cake.

Now if its just Vita games? Going to take a huge roster of games to get me to buy.

PS2 probably won't happen outside of Gaikai streaming.

Toki767

When the PS Blog went up, it said the prices were $15, but they updated it to reflect the store price. A bit of a waste at $20 each. =/

Makes sense being $20 each instead of $15 each when the full game with both is $36.

The PS3 version being $15 each is probably for when they add Peace Walker HD to PSN so that turns out to be $45 for buying each separately versus $40 for all 3 in 1 disc.

Makes sense being $20 each instead of $15 each when the full game with both is $36.

The PS3 version being $15 each is probably for when they add Peace Walker HD to PSN so that turns out to be $45 for buying each separately versus $40 for all 3 in 1 disc.

Yeah, but why not just spend the extra $$ to get the both of them at a smaller price(35/36 instead of 40)?

And I didn't even notice PW missing. O:

KalBalboa

Banned

True. It'd be easier to swallow if the PS3 and Vita versions had parity, though. $20 isn't bad, but seeing the same games released on the PSN for the PS3 for $5 cheaper makes it harder to drop the cash.

I wonder if there's any chance of that -- and if so, if there's a chance of a reasonably priced PW PSP being put up. I just started the HD version and would love transfarring.

Slaylock

I posted this in the PS Store thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I've never played a Harvest Moon game before. Are any of these worth buying? Which would be the best of the three? Are they Vita compatible?

Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl (50% off) – PS Plus Price $7.50
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (50% off) – PS Plus Price $7.50
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (75% off) – PS Plus Price $7.50

Takao

Banned

I've never played a Harvest Moon game before. Are any of these worth buying? Which would be the best of the three? Are they Vita compatible?

All three are Vita compatible.

mauaus

I love Rpgs but i could never get into any harvest moon title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom