• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity Rush
Tales From Space
Hot Shots Golf 6
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Sound Shapes (the game is made for Vita, plays so much better)
+ plenty of good multiplatforms (Rayman Origins, Virtua Tennis 4, Metal Gear Solid HD)

That's a much better line-up than most platforms have had during their first six months

mortal kombat,marvel vs capcom and blazblue are excellent fighting games and they look awesome

Grinchy

Banned
hmm doesn't like it offers much protection compared to the PGP case, going to take a closer look, doesn't anyone have it?

I've had it since March. I stick my Vita in my bag and carry it around when I'm at class. I also stick the whole thing in my pocket some days and use it as an mp3 player.

I find it to be a great case. As for how protective it is, I've never dropped it or anything so I don't know. But it has knocked around in my bag with other items for months and the Vita itself doesn't have a single scratch.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
hmm doesn't like it offers much protection compared to the PGP case, going to take a closer look, doesn't anyone have it?
I own it. It's a decent case, and the Vita fits it rather well. I don't feel entirely comfortable having my Vita in a backpack or carry-on bag though, even with this case on.

So as someone who has never played a FF game (yes, I know...), which PSX FF game is the best one to really get into the series? I'm not a 2D sprite kind of guy, so the earlier ones probably won't appeal to me.

I'm planning on getting FFX HD
if/
when it gets released... but who knows when that will happen.
Play FFVII. its the first FF i ever played and it is still my favorite game ever. warts and all.

leroidys

I'm having so much fun with wipeout 2048. The game looks amazing (though sadly not 60 fps, it never dips so I don't miss the higher fps as much as I thought it would). The tracks are even more frenetic and visually interesting than in HD, and the menus and presentation are fantastic. The only things I don't like are the announcer voice (female voice was way better in HD) and the load times, a problem shared by the HD version.

I'm having so much fun with wipeout 2048. The game looks amazing (though sadly not 60 fps, it never dips so I don't miss the higher fps as much as I thought it would). The tracks are even more frenetic and visually interesting than in HD, and the menus and presentation are fantastic. The only things I don't like are the announcer voice (female voice was way better in HD) and the load times, a problem shared by the HD version.

Plus you can get all the hd and fury stuff as dlc. Loading times are really good for those tracks as well.

darkwing

I've had it since March. I stick my Vita in my bag and carry it around when I'm at class. I also stick the whole thing in my pocket some days and use it as an mp3 player.

I find it to be a great case. As for how protective it is, I've never dropped it or anything so I don't know. But it has knocked around in my bag with other items for months and the Vita itself doesn't have a single scratch.

I own it. It's a decent case, and the Vita fits it rather well. I don't feel entirely comfortable having my Vita in a backpack or carry-on bag though, even with this case on.

cool, this will do until a proper PGP case from Logitech arrives

Beast780

I've been neglecting my Vita thanks to my new not so shiny (thankfully they didnt do a glossy finish this time) red, 3DS XL. However I have a feeling I won't be able to put my Vita down on September 4th with my complete Zen Pinball 2 collection as well as the new Pinball Arcade tables. I'm a newfound lover of Pinball games on the go!

Takao

Banned
It's pretty clear that TiTS2 isn't coming out for PSP anymore. It'll come out for PC, and XSEED will get flack for it.

I recently got WipeOut, and I am really liking it, but I've come to the conclusion that I desperately need a Vita Grip. I would like one that doesn't block the charger.

Has anyone used this Hori one? If so, how do you like it? The reviews on amazon are positive, but there aren't many of them.

Rahk

The hinge on mine broke after a few weeks, though maybe I was a bit rough with it. It was also kind of annoying to play with the case on, and a bit of a hassle to take it out every time.

I do like the look of it and how slim it is, but it's hard for me to recommend due to the above issues I had. I felt it was fine to just protect it while transporting in my bag though.

The touchscreen fight in Golden Abyss may be more aggravating at this moment than Death Mode in Sound Shapes. >_<

I'm seriously thinking of tossing my Vita. I mean, my touchscreen must already be broken. WTF.

Grinchy

Banned
The touchscreen fight in Golden Abyss may be more aggravating at this moment than Death Mode in Sound Shapes. >_<

I'm seriously thinking of tossing my Vita. I mean, my touchscreen must already be broken. WTF.

I had the same issue and was really pissed at the game too. But basically, it just wants you to do the move as fast as possible. You might think you're not being accurate enough, but it's less about accuracy and more about speed. Once I realized that, it was easy.

I had the same issue and was really pissed at the game too. But basically, it just wants you to do the move as fast as possible. You might think you're not being accurate enough, but it's less about accuracy and more about speed. Once I realized that, it was easy.

Maybe this is true, as I'm really left wondering how a swipe from down to up can be counted as mis-stroked.

Edit: Thank you. That worked. Screw whoever designed that section.

Takao

Banned
3ylqm.gif

This company.

Ran rp

Does the Netflix app stream videos in HD? 720p videos played in the Video and YouTube apps always seem sharper than what I'm getting with the Netflix app.

Vitacat

Hey all,

Are there any good Vita system deals going on right now? Something like the free Gravity Rush deal from a while back? Ideally a good free game plus memory card. Thanks.

I forget who it was that recommended Adventures to Go, but I want to say thank you! This is fun little pick up and play RPG! The price point of $7.50 with PS+ makes it even better.

Kafel

Banned
What's the name of the Rythm Tengoku clone on PSP ? With the karateka and all, I think the mini games come with colours ...

patsu

PSY&#12539;S;41270215 said:
Does the Netflix app stream videos in HD? 720p videos played in the Video and YouTube apps always seem sharper than what I'm getting with the Netflix app.

May depend on your network since NetFlix is known to switch resolution based on bandwidth. I wouldn't be surprised if SD is the default.

Gamespawn

PSY&#12539;S;41270215 said:
You have to go to the Netflix website, log in, go to your account settings and pick stream at highest quality.

I think the Hot Shots announcement for PS3.

Yeah, I can see why this could be seen as bad news for the Vita. But I don't think it should be taken that way. Sony is really pushing the cross play features of the Vita, so this doesn't surprise me at all and I bet it will be happening more often too. Plus, more people will be playing the game!

Ran rp

You have to go to the Netflix website, log in, go to your account settings and pick stream at highest quality.

Already did this and...

May depend on your network since NetFlix is known to switch resolution based on bandwidth. I wouldn't be surprised if SD is the default.

I've got a wireless-n router and I'm in the room next to it so I'm sure it's streaming at the best quality possible. The picture is great it's just that it never looks as sharp as HD videos from YouTube and the native app.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, I can see why this could be seen as bad news for the Vita. But I don't think it should be taken that way. Sony is really pushing the cross play features of the Vita, so this doesn't surprise me at all and I bet it will be happening more often too. Plus, more people will be playing the game!

But how exactly is cross play supposed to sell Vitas?

Massa

So when they announce PS3's line-up for the Vita (Ratchet, Sly, All Stars) it's all good, but going the other way around spells doom for the Vita. I don't get it.

Oh wait, I get it! Anything that happens means the Vita is doomed.

It's simple. People that want to play their games on a portable would buy a Vita. People that don't want that would not.

patsu

PSY&#12539;S;41270833 said:
Already did this and...

I've got a wireless-n router and I'm in the room next to it so I'm sure it's streaming at the best quality possible. The picture is great it's just that it never looks as sharp as HD videos from YouTube and the native app.

I don't use NetFlix frequent enough to know.

I'm more a Hulu Plus guy.

Do HD videos from the PS Video Store work on Vita ?

Because you get the game free on the Vita to take on the road, and you can come back home and finish the game on your console. It's a great feature! Unfortunately, Hot Shots wasn't already on PS3, so you won't get a free copy... But, in general I think it will help the Vita. And hey... Double platinums! =D

patsu

Because you get the game free on the Vita to take on the road, and you can come back home and finish the game on your console. It's a great feature! Unfortunately, Hot Shots wasn't already on PS3, so you won't get a free copy... But, in general I think it will help the Vita. And hey... Double platinums! =D

Is Cross Buy announced for Minna no Golf 6 ?

Takao is talking about Cross Play only.

I managed to get a damn near close to never used Wifi version today with a 4 GB memory card for $80. So fucking pumped!

Anyone know if PSone games already purchased are compatible with it? Or is it just the newly announced ones, which I figure it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom