• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
My guess is that cross-play is going to be tied into a single user account... you'll have to register the PS3 version with your account and then you'll have the Vita version automatically unlocked, again, to that single account.
That's only going to happen if you make the PS3 disc tied to a single use code too, which is removing the used sales.

Ran rp

I know it's not going to happen but I wish that the 1.8 update secretly unlocks PSP demo compatibility . There are bunch of 'em I want to try out.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
We just don't understand how it can be prevented.

Give it a timer where you have to sync it with your PS3 version every week, sure it isn't going to outright stop people sharing games and passing them back and forth to use, but that will be a small percentage of buyers willing to go through the effort no doubt.

demigod

I think I'm going to eventually buy the assassin's creed vita bundle after I see how good the game is. Does it still come with the 4gb stick? I couldn't find it in the item descriptions on various store sites and I remember a gaf thread about it maybe being taken out.

There won't be a 4gb with it. Gamestop had it in their description details for a long time and just recently took it out.

Ponn

Banned
I'm posting this question here because i've come to find this is an incredibly level headed and open group in this thread. Like a sanctuary of sanity in the rest of gaming gaf. I think I already know the answer to my question but i'm going to ask anyways and it's loosely Vita related but I think theres alot of crossover in this particular group and the people in here will be closer to my gaming style.

I've been without a PS3 for almost 4 months now and I lost my job around the same time. I had to sell my 3DS a couple months ago to pay some college fees so I could re-register (starting classes monday, yayyy!). I knew eventually I would pick both back up, but held onto my Vita (of course). I've came into enough money to get the laptop I need for college and I have just enough to get either a PS3 or 3DS XL, which one should I get to compliment my vita for now till probably tax return time. I really want to play Transformers FoC, Darksiders 2 and Xcom and ZoE later in fall. On the other hand i've missed my Devil Survivor and i've been dying to play KH 3D and FF Theaterhythm and will want to play Paper Mario and Code of Princess. I don't seem to be missing anything with PS Plus.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm posting this question here because i've come to find this is an incredibly level headed and open group in this thread. Like a sanctuary of sanity in the rest of gaming gaf. I think I already know the answer to my question but i'm going to ask anyways and it's loosely Vita related but I think theres alot of crossover in this particular group and the people in here will be closer to my gaming style.

I've been without a PS3 for almost 4 months now and I lost my job around the same time. I had to sell my 3DS a couple months ago to pay some college fees so I could re-register (starting classes monday, yayyy!). I knew eventually I would pick both back up, but held onto my Vita (of course). I've came into enough money to get the laptop I need for college and I have just enough to get either a PS3 or 3DS XL, which one should I get to compliment my vita for now till probably tax return time. I really want to play Transformers FoC, Darksiders 2 and Xcom and ZoE later in fall. On the other hand i've missed my Devil Survivor and i've been dying to play KH 3D and FF Theaterhythm and will want to play Paper Mario and Code of Princess. I don't seem to be missing anything with PS Plus.
If you're starting school back up and are short on money, I'd go for the XL. I bought my Vita as a graduation gift to myself so I could still be able to play games when I start college, as I don't think I'll have time for my PS3 or PC, but I can still get in a few hours from my handhelds before bed and during trips. Handheld games are generally cheaper too. Obviously, this is the Vita thread, so a PS3 would certainly compliment your Vita more, and I can't dissuade somebody from buying a Yakuza machine, but the XL sounds like it would fit better into your schedule.

It really depends on the entirety of what you do with those consoles. I use my ps3 more for netflix now than actually playing games. I have KH, but play maybe 2 hours a week. Most of my free time is spent playing on game on my Vita.

If you play online, obviously that's an easier choice. It sounds like every game you mentioned really isn't that pressing that you need to make a decision right away.

I was excited for paper mario until i learned you don't level up normally from gaining experience. FF Rhythm doesn't look like something I'd be into at all. X Com is the only game you mentioned that interests me personally.

ZoE might be cool, but I read all the books and am thinking this might actually detract from my overall interest level.

Ask yourself this: which would you play more of?

That is your answer. For me, personally, Vita is my handheld of choice until Fire Emblem for 3DS comes out. With the exception of Code of Princess, all the 3DS titles should be easily found in a year.

Derrick01

Banned
There won't be a 4gb with it. Gamestop had it in their description details for a long time and just recently took it out.

I figured as much. Here's hoping these memory units get slashed in price for the holidays. Almost the price of a new game for a 16gb, ridiculous. And that's with amazon's price slash.

Roubjon

I find that during class season I don't really have the motivation to sit down and play console games for chunks of time, which is why I steer towards portables. I'd say get the 3DS not only because it's cheaper than a PS3, but also because the games you want for the 3DS would last you a pretty long time. When you eventually have the funds, get a PS3 around your next vacation when you don't have to worry about homework taking up your evenings every day.

Quick

Banned
Its fine unless the batter steps up the the plate. It goes in a stuttering slow mo

Pretty much. It's more of a nitpick than an actual concern. Just hoping they'll smooth things over for next year.

I haven't touched MLB 12 on PS3, but I loaded it from the cloud, so I have my RTTS character with me everywhere now. Feels good man.

quabba

I remember reading Gearbox is too busy to port and want Sony to help? So it is most likely fantasy unless you want Nihilistic to make it. *shivers*

It might be a good project for them since they have solid cotrols and are porting gearbox's game design plus they only need to support 4 players online. It would probably look like ass though...

branny

That's tough because I can't live without either system. I enjoy my PS3 quite a bit more than my 3DS but only because they are at two totally different points in their lifecycles. Actually, I think that may make the XL a better choice--the PS4 might be coming next year.

edit: nvm, it seems you already made a decision :)

fernoca

Best Buy finally lowered the price/MSRP of the first-party Vita games..so got my $30+ back from Uncharted and WipEout which I got a few weeks ago. :)

To those wondering, now the new MSRP of the games across all retailers (who knows when on PSN):

• Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
  • Little Deviants - $19.99
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
  • Reality Fighter - $19.99
  • Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
  • Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Best Buy finally lowered the price/MSRP of the first-party Vita games..so got my $30+ back from Uncharted and WipEout which I got a few weeks ago. :)

To those wondering, now the new MSRP of the games across all retailers (who knows when on PSN):

• Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99
Might buy Hot Shots; Uncharted is still more expensive than I'd like.

• Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

WipEout price.

darkwing

• Unit 13 - $29.99
  • Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

no Lumines ?!?!

Spend that 100-200$ for better laptop with discreet gpu.

Since money if issue you will have access to many of steam deals and games for 5-10$.

Takao

Banned
Another question, lol.

I just looked at MGS Collection on Vita, and it seems to be missing Peace Walker. Did they not release it on Vita? I know its a PSP game, but I would of wanted to play it with twin sticks etc.

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/30...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

You can play the PSP version on Vita with twin sticks (you can map certain controls of PSP games to the second analog stick). It would've been nice to have a native version of the game though. In North America the only way to play Peace Walker is via PS3 transfer.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, since the only console game I'm really interested in this fall is Resident Evil 6, I have started thinking about getting myself a handheld to fill the void in my gaming schedule later this year. I owned both a DS and a PSP but I never played them very much, so I don't really have a preference between the 3DS and the Vita. Here are the games I am eyeing for each (based on absolutely zero research beside review scores):

Vita:
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Disgaea 3
  • Rayman Origins
  • UPCOMING: Assassins Creed Liberation (if it's any good)
  • UPCOMING: Silent Hill Book of Memories (if it's any good)

3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (I know nothing about this game but it seems to get really good reviews)
  • Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • UPCOMING: Monster Hunter 3G

I generally enjoy RPG, turn-based strategy, and platforming games on handhelds, so which system do you guys think would give me better experiences? Also is there a handheld Monster Hunter coming out or not? And what about a new Advance Wars? I can't find any information about those...

Hey guys, since the only console game I'm really interested in this fall is Resident Evil 6, I have started thinking about getting myself a handheld to fill the void in my gaming schedule later this year. I owned both a DS and a PSP but I never played them very much, so I don't really have a preference between the 3DS and the Vita. Here are the games I am eyeing for each (based on absolutely zero research beside review scores):

Vita:
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Disgaea 3
  • Rayman Origins

3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (I know nothing about this game but it seems to get really good reviews)

I generally enjoy RPG, turn-based strategy, and platforming games on handhelds, so which system do you guys think would give me better experiences? Also is there a handheld Monster Hunter coming out or not? And what about a new Advance Wars? I can't find any information about those...

Monster Hunter 4 is coming to 3DS.

When it comes to RPGs, then the 3DS is probably the best choice. Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Etrian Odyssey 4 are coming to 3DS for example.

Though, Vita is getting Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey.

We probably won't see another Advance Wars within 2 years at least; if we ever get another one at all... At least we are getting Fire Emblem outside of Japan next year.

Vita:
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Disgaea 3
  • Rayman Origins

3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising

Since you love jrpgs, buy the Vita. Its predecessor is the rpg console.

SharkJAW

Since you love jrpgs, buy the Vita. Its predecessor is the rpg console.

I'm inclined to agree here. If you didn't play many PSP games, the combination of PSP and Vita libraries will be enough to keep you going for quite a while. But, sadly, a couple games like FFVII:CC and KH BBS aren't available on the PSN.

spats

Ahhh i had been missing the thrice-daily "Vita is doomed because it has no games" thread.

It is really tiring, but a good reminder that things aren't looking so rosy. Shit is going to need to change, and fast.

I'm gonna go play LocoRoco 2 with tears running down my cheeks and tell myself the Vita will be fine. :,(

Sol1dus

So, I'm currently looking for a pouch/case, and the only thing that appeals to me is the one inside the starter pack.

d.jpg

I can't seem to find it by itself.

I picked this up last week at Gamestop. I got it for $1.99 :D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm inclined to agree here. If you didn't play many PSP games, the combination of PSP and Vita libraries will be enough to keep you going for quite a while. But, sadly, a couple games like FFVII:CC and KH BBS aren't available on the PSN.

Well the thing is I still have my PSP (somewhere...I'd have to dig it out of storage), so if I wanted to play PSP games I would just buy them for the PSP. I'm more looking at newer games that I can't get elsewhere.

That being said I never played FF Tactics, and from what I've been told I'm an idiot for not doing so.

Well the thing is I still have my PSP (somewhere...I'd have to dig it out of storage), so if I wanted to play PSP games I would just buy them for the PSP. I'm more looking at newer games that I can't get elsewhere.

That being said I never played FF Tactics, and from what I've been told I'm an idiot for not doing so.

Try to play the PS1 version. The slow down on the PSP remake is atrocious.

darkwing

Motorstorm RC is an amazing game to me, makes me feel getting for getting it free from that promo

so is there like a DLC pack for this game? all I see are cars for 0.99? but all the cars of the same class are the same right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom