• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Tales of Innocence R didn't do that well in Japan either. I think Scamco has scrapped their plans to remake the other DS Tales games on Vita : /

I'd much rather get a PS3 version of Vesperia than a former DS game.

This is why the Tales fanbase deserves Namco Bandai in all their shittyness.

branny

From what I understand, both versions of Innocence are underwhelming. We should instead be bitching about not getting better games like the Destiny remake and Rebirth.

Vesperia PS3 would actually be nice since beta Vesperia is already amazing. I'm still very happy we got Graces ƒ. I know next to nothing about Xillia and Xillia 2, though, other than the fact that the first game was a bit rushed.

Koroviev

I'm just stating what I'd be willing to pay for. I wouldn't really call myself a member of the Tales fanbase, either. More like someone with passing interest.

zroid

Banned
Tales of Innocence R didn't do that well in Japan either. I think Scamco has scrapped their plans to remake the other DS Tales games on Vita : /

Well, I mean, I'd much rather get an enhanced port of a great game already released in English than a "meh" game that was never released in English.

What I really want is just a brand spanking new Tales game developed specifically for the Vita. Wouldn't that be great?

Takao

Banned
SCEE sure is on the nose with this Paint Park trailer ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfYTVpfEeo&feature=plcp

Well, I mean, I'd much rather get an enhanced port of a great game already released in English than a "meh" game that was never released in English.

What I really want is just a brand spanking new Tales game developed specifically for the Vita. Wouldn't that be great?

From what I've heard R makes a "meh" game a "good" one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I'd like the chance for myself to decide if it's shit or not.

zroid

Banned
I'd like the chance for myself to decide if it's shit or not.

In an ideal world: sure.

But there is only so much money in the ether for localizations. If a game is commonly accepted to be poor, then I'll take my chances on them skipping it. Give me something else, which doesn't have that baggage attached.

Now, if what Takao says is true about R being a much better game, then cool! I didn't know that.

zroid

Banned
So, I can buy All Stars and give the Vita version for free to a friend?

Still no details on exactly how cross-buy will work, but if it's just a code in the box... well, I guess so.

May be tied to your online pass. Hard to tell.

This would be a smarter way for Sony to handle it. At least they can force a $10 premium on people who are trying to scam them. Assuming they want to play online, I mean. (to be honest, I'm not sure I would)

patsu

How are they going to stop it? If you can buy the PS3 game at retail, and it comes with a code, they can't stop you short of making the code a single use code for the PS3 game, which would kill the used game market.

What if it doesn't give you a code ?

Even if it's a one time code, it won't kill the used game market.

Tiamant

What if it doesn't give you a code ?

keanu.jpg

Takao

Banned
jstevenson said it was an OS feature, right? To me that implies it'll be something that activates off of the PS3 disc rather than a code.

zroid

Banned
jstevenson said it was an OS feature, right? To me that implies it'll be something that activates off of the PS3 disc rather than a code.

Hmm... but how would they limit it to one activation per disc?

And, even so, you could give the disc to your friend for a bit, or sign in with his PSN temporarily. I think the Online Pass link is a better solution, probably.

That's what I thought they were going to do from the start. Tie it in so you can only activate the code while in the game or something similar.

patsu

Hmm... but how would they limit it to one activation per disc?

And, even so, you could give the disc to your friend for a bit, or sign in with his PSN temporarily. I think the Online Pass link is a better solution, probably.

There are ways to do it. It is probably more reasonable to assume you can't cheat the system this way easily.

zroid

Banned
If you knew how it can be prevented then you would be working for a big corporation

The funny thing is if the cross-buy were reversed, and you had to buy the retail Vita card rather than the PS3 disc, it would be relatively straightforward. They could probably just permanently write some simple file onto the card after one PS3 activation and not have to worry about it again.

Unfortunately there's that problem of Vita games costing $20 less.

QP3

Saw a post on reddit about the possibility of Borderlands 2 coming to vita.

Is there a remote possibility the developers will listen? Or is this just plain fantasy?

Is there a remote possibility the developers will listen? Or is this just plain fantasy?

I remember reading Gearbox is too busy to port and want Sony to help? So it is most likely fantasy unless you want Nihilistic to make it. *shivers*

Is anyone else really looking forward to OS improvements? I want the friends list to load faster, and god I hope they can rid the entire OS of "loading" messages.

Unfortunately with the way the Vita is going right now, I think third party ports like that are going to be rare. :(

Takao

Banned

Gearbox wants it to happen...

as long as Sony foots the bill.

I'm failing to see how a person buying a cross buy game and selling/giving away his code for a vita copy (if that's how it works, that is) is anything in the realm of villainy.

Though, I bet they could do something with a code AND having to transfer the game to your Vita from your PS3.

QP3

Unfortunately with the way the Vita is going right now, I think third party ports like that are going to be rare. :(

Which is too bad, because if games like borderlands 2 started coming to the system I would purchase one. I like every thing about the system, aside from games that really interest me (which is the most important aspect for me)

winjet81

I'm failing to see how a person buying a cross buy game and selling/giving away his code for a vita copy (if that's how it works, that is) is anything in the realm of villainy.

Though, I bet they could do something with a code AND having to transfer the game to your Vita from your PS3.

My guess is that cross-play is going to be tied into a single user account... you'll have to register the PS3 version with your account and then you'll have the Vita version automatically unlocked, again, to that single account.

I wouldn't rule it out - anything is possible really. With the right backing and development, a Vita port could be awesome - look at Criterion and NFS: Most Wanted. We don't have gameplay yet, but they're doing it all in house and making sure it's as close to the console version as possible, mostly with locking the frames at 30 and trying to keep the visual parity close too. Those screens looked gorgeous (even the off screen one), plus a lot of us have faith in them to come through.

Also:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...utside-developer-to-create-borderlands-2-vita

I know it was a statement he made like a passing comment, but you never know! Open world games can be done on the Vita, and they can be a lot of fun. I've been surprised at how many people want open world games on a handheld; I personally love the idea because they're basically my favorite type of game.

Skyzard

Banned
I would prefer a good borderlands vita in 2-3 years (dev experience etc) then a mediocre one now. [A good] Borderlands would be a lot for a handheld, does it even have the ram for it to not look psp..[and stay open world]. I don't want some unfaithful rubbish that just relies on previous titles like Cod may end up being...

patsu

My guess is that cross-play is going to be tied into a single user account... you'll have to register the PS3 version with your account and then you'll have the Vita version automatically unlocked, again, to that single account.

The PSN Cross Buy is more lenient. My son could play Sound Shapes using my wife's account while I play mine on Vita.

I was quite happy, and bought PS3 PureChess for my son (I have Vita PureChess).

Afrikan

You guys know how when you put certain 1st party games, some have movies in the video section. What if when you buy the retail version, its on the disc and you have to transfer it over, that is how it is tied to your account...when you are logged in, the system does everything else. And its a one time transfer from the disc. But after it is tied to your psn account you'll be able to download it on your vita again, if u ever delete it.

Edit- oops wrong thread.

Derrick01

Banned
I think I'm going to eventually buy the assassin's creed vita bundle after I see how good the game is. Does it still come with the 4gb stick? I couldn't find it in the item descriptions on various store sites and I remember a gaf thread about it maybe being taken out.

I think I'm going to eventually buy the assassin's creed vita bundle after I see how good the game is. Does it still come with the 4gb stick? I couldn't find it in the item descriptions on various store sites and I remember a gaf thread about it maybe being taken out.

I think it's still up in the air as to whether or not the bundles still come with a 4gb stick or not. Stupid, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom