• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

nobody on my friends list seems to be trading, so i'm not getting any trades from there. farming them is tedious as hell. looking for the fastest way to complete the sets.

Git them to download Black Market. The process is automatic. The other way is to source from people in your neighborhood.

Too bad my friends list is full. 8^(

one reason I like this thing, insta-on, my PS3 is getting jealous

Yap, no lengthy startup sequence for portable consoles !

So the Store update is live and the prices for those games that are supposed to have a price drop... haven't dropped. I'm not biting until they do, don't they want people to be encouraged to buy games? Why announce it then not follow through with their own pricing? God, I sound like a broken record :p SCEA are just a fucking disaster when it comes to the Vita. I swear they want it to fail.

Probably the result of back room dealings with B&M retailers. I would bet it's a situation where Gamestop, et all, say they won't stock future games unless they get some kind of grace period on these kind of mark downs. They want to clear out old stock, and having Sony mark down the stuff on PSN at the same time would not be conducive to that.

Pachimari

Do we have a thread about the PSone classics for August 28 that I might have missed?

Which PSone games are you gonna get for the PS Vita?
So far I can only think of Metal Gear Solid and probably FF VII and some Resident Evil, maybe Syphon Filter, as well as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Probably the result of back room dealings with B&M retailers. I would bet it's a situation where Gamestop, et all, say they won't stock future games unless they get some kind of grace period on these kind of mark downs. They want to clear out old stock, and having Sony mark down the stuff on PSN at the same time would not be conducive to that.
Yeah, good point - makes sense. Might just import from the US instead.

Young Magus

Which PSone games are you gonna get for the PS Vita?
So far I can only think of Metal Gear Solid and probably FF VII and some Resident Evil, maybe Syphon Filter, as well as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.
Hopefully most the games I already have (Xenogears, Grandia, Thread of Fate, Legend of Mana, KoF 99 (I know), Wild ARMS 2 and Alundra) will work day one. Thinking about picking up the first Suikoden has well, if it works.

Vitacat

OK Vita people, I am now one of you.

Just ordered a Vita with free Uncharted from NewEgg. Also getting Wipeout, an 8GB card and maybe a few other games at Amazon, since I have some gift credit there.

Some may recall me wavering back and forth between getting a 3DS XL and Vita. Well, in the end I went with my gut. Just have to hope Sony manages to somehow keep it alive and decently supported in the coming years.

Plus, I love Wipeout and F-Zero. Vita has Wipeout, and 3DS does not have F-Zero. So Nintendo has no one to blame but themselves for this.

Tailzo

Just ordered a Vita with free Uncharted from NewEgg. Also getting Wipeout, an 8GB card and maybe a few other games at Amazon, since I have some gift credit there.

Some may recall me wavering back and forth between getting a 3DS XL and Vita. Well, in the end I went with my gut. Just have to hope Sony manages to somehow keep it alive and decently supported in the coming years.

Plus, I love Wipeout and F-Zero. Vita has Wipeout, and 3DS does not have F-Zero. So Nintendo has no one to blame but themselves for this.

Congrats. And, since you're a Vitacat, I assume you should get a Vita, and Gravity Rush too ;)

patsu

Some info about Project Discovery:
http://andriasang.com/con2ba/project_discovery/

The project resurfaced in Famitsu this week, with a few hints at what we can expect.

Project Discovery will gather scenarios, character designs, voice, music and other areas of content from users. It will assemble all these materials into visual novels and distribute the results via PlayStation Store.

The resulting games will make use of a new PlayStation Vita visual novel engine called the "Discovery Engine." This is being developed by Sony Computer Entertainment and Kadokawa. Discovery Engine's goal is to allow for the creation of a "smart novel" which is somewhere between a game and a book.

In the future, Sony and Kadokawa hope to give users a development environment so that they can make their own visual novels, but for now Project Discovery involves users submitting their content to be professionally assembled into a final product and released through PSN.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
But how exactly is cross play supposed to sell Vitas?

- I don't want HSG on vita, I want to play on the big screen. :doesn't buy vita:

- woo, HSG on PS3, om non nom

- man, these online tournaments are amazing, I wish I could play more. What's that? If I get a vita I can take my save game with me? I can do an online tournament during my morning commute? Awesome :buys a vita:

Isn't that the entire point of cross play? Sure, one game might not make you buy a console, but it might tip the balance, and they are pushing cross play lots of first party games.

spats

What ever happened to the Resistance: Burning Skies AR app? At least it never came out in Europe. So bad and broken they had to pull it?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Need to make it to OT 4 before Summer ends. Otherwise we need a thread title change.
I hate to break it to you, but we're in OT4 now.

What ever happened to the Resistance: Burning Skies AR app? At least it never came out in Europe. So bad and broken they had to pull it?
It's on the US store. A likely terrible AR app for a terrible game sounds like a valid reason to switch accounts.

Vitacat

You should try getting a 16GB card instead of that 8GB and also get Gravity Rush while you're at it.

Congrats. And, since you're a Vitacat, I assume you should get a Vita, and Gravity Rush too ;)

Hehe, OK... Here is what I now have on order. I think you will approve. :)

NewEgg: Vita WiFi with free Uncharted
Amazon: 16GB card, Gravity Rush, Lumines, Wipeout

I HAD to buy Lumines and Wipeout for my Vita, since those were the first PSP games I ever bought way back at PSP launch. Loved them both.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Oh, that's weird. I love playing around with AR stuff but that sounds like a bummer.
I've never enjoyed AR, but I'm hoping it's cleverly implemented into Tearaway in some respect. PulzAR is decent, but in general, I've never played an AR game that wouldn't be more fun without the AR aspect.

I HAD to buy Lumines and Wipeout for my Vita, since those were the first PSP games I ever bought way back at PSP launch. Loved them both.

Nice way to start your Vita adventure.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
But how exactly is cross play supposed to sell Vitas?

Having games for a system, for "free", will make it much easier to want to buy the system in the first place.

I've rarely wanted a PS3, ever since it came out. But I've had a PSP and now a Vita. The fact that I can build a cross-play library, to have a load of PS3-compatible games, before I even have a PS3, is fantastic. Crossplay is probably what'll finally push me over the edge, after goings years past deals and specials on PS3s, never finding it worth buying by itself.

Same thing the other way around. As a PS3 owner, it's much easier to buy a $250 portable system
And an overpriced memory card...
, if you know you already have access to some of their top games, for no additional cost. Doesn't that help make buying the Vita more attractive, than buying an X360, 3DSXL, or WiiU, for someone who already has a PS3?

Vitacat

be sure to get Mutant Blobs, it's only $8

I will do that. Was just reading reviews of that game, and it sounds great.

Also, I read good things about a PSn game called Velocity. Will that also play on Vita? for that matter, where can I find a list of games on PSN that play on Vita?

NOTE: I do not own a PS3.

Vitacat

I'm going to choose to take this comment as cute rather than potentially creepy, considering Kat looks like she's sixteen.

My wife is not 16, I assure you! We are actually both pretty old (i.e. my first system was an Atari!). But she is slender, blonde, and has big eyes and long legs. So that's what I mean. If dressed in Kat's outfit, she could probably do a decent cosplay.

Also, I read good things about a PSN game called Velocity. Will that also play on Vita? for that matter, where can I find a list of games on PSN that play on Vita?
I think most PS Minis will run on a Vita. Velocity is really fun and more of a puzzle game than a traditional shoot 'em up.

Vitacat

I think most PS Minis will run on a Vita. Velocity is really fun and more of a puzzle game than a traditional shoot 'em up.

Ah, very good to know. I have a LOT to learn about PSN stuff. Really haven't ever used it, except to download a few demos on my PSP years ago.

RpgN

nobody on my friends list seems to be trading, so i'm not getting any trades from there. farming them is tedious as hell. looking for the fastest way to complete the sets.

I'm still trading and am missing 9 more bounties (4 silver and 5 cadiz).

What's your ID? We could help each other out if you're interested.

You don't have to buy everything day one, but once you're done with your initial batch of games you should consider getting Super Stardust Delta. Or at least try the demo.

darkwing

I will do that. Was just reading reviews of that game, and it sounds great.

Also, I read good things about a PSn game called Velocity. Will that also play on Vita? for that matter, where can I find a list of games on PSN that play on Vita?

NOTE: I do not own a PS3.

oh Mutant Blobs Attack on the Vita is a different game from the PS3, but same game universe

Been throwing all my DD Vita games at my brand new 32GB card that my wife got me for my birthday. Tried to copy all my PSP games as well, but they didn't all fit. Sony needs to release a 64GB card and halve the price on these things. Gonna be swapping between my 32GB and 16GB card.

Midnight Club 3 looks awesome on the Vita BTW, one of the best looking PSP games on it I've seen so far, loading is also fast now, as is the framerate. GTA China Town looks great as well.

Loco Roco 2 looks good without any smearing or scanlines (even the PSPGo shows some interlacing effect), but looks a bit grainy on the edges. Also darker parts show the OLED stains.

The Vita has been a really awesome handheld so far, love all the friend leaderboards and things like beating ghost replays of your friends in Motorstorm and WipEout. But seriously fix the pricing of the memory cards.

Tailzo

Haha, great :) Enjoy your games!

Been throwing all my DD Vita games at my brand new 32GB card that my wife got me for my birthday. Tried to copy all my PSP games as well, but they didn't all fit. Sony needs to release a 64GB card and halve the price on these things. Gonna be swapping between my 32GB and 16GB card.

Midnight Club 3 looks awesome on the Vita BTW, one of the best looking PSP games on it I've seen so far, loading is also fast now, as is the framerate. GTA China Town looks great as well.

Loco Roco 2 looks good without any smearing or scanlines (even the PSPGo shows some interlacing effect), but looks a bit grainy on the edges. Also darker parts show the OLED stains.

The Vita has been a really awesome handheld so far, love all the friend leaderboards and things like beating ghost replays of your friends in Motorstorm and WipEout. But seriously fix the pricing of the memory cards.

Nice, I have only a 8GB card and constantly delete stuff, next purchase will definetly be 32GB.

kiyomi

Good kitty. Welcome.

I've been neglecting my Vita recently. I've been cheating on her with my PS3 :(

Rasec

Good kitty. Welcome.
I've been neglecting my Vita recently. I've been cheating on her with my PS3 :(

I guess i can say i'm double cheating my vita since i'm playing 360 and catherine on it! xD
That and i'm borrowing my vita to my girlfriend today until my copy of project diva arrives.

Manly because she likes playing the vita and when PD f comes i think she won't be able to play the vita for some 6 months x'D

Sendou

I have a little problem with Gravity Rush...

How can I return to the area with
kids living in isolation?
. I remember seeing the option to return there but where was it? If someone could refresh my memory I would be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom