• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yes!

BzzVu.jpg

@XSEEDGames said:
@XSEEDGames: [RO-Mercenary Edition] $49.99 - Comes w/ soundtrack CD, ‘Mercenary Guide’ w/ artwork & strategies, and a pack of ‘Monster Cards’(10 random)!
@XSEEDGames said:
@XSEEDGames: Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita will come in two version: Standard ($39.99) & Swanky Mercenary Edition ($49.99). Choose wisely... :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
10 CARDS FOR 10 BUCKS MORE!

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I SEARCHED FOR CARDS IN RAGNAROK ONLINE?!?!

*ahem*

Sorry, the memories of searching for Cards in Sunken Ship and Sphinx comes rushing back... Fight for those Whisper Cards! Beat that Stupid Golden Thief Bug! *RAGE*

Now, do they sell real slotted items IRL? Because if so, I'm finding a way to give myself increased flee on my Winter Coat...

wighti

Just a heads up for us in the EU region, Sony changed some titles in the 'VITA Sales'. Among others you can get P3P, P2 Innocent Sin or Trails in the Sky for 17,95 euros.

Finally found TitS for a acceptable price so grabbed that, after all the hype you read about it in here, I'm quite excited about it.

EDIT: The deal is valid till 5/9

tzare

has anyone tried Syphon Filter games on Vita ? do they work? and can you map camera to 2nd analog? i may buy them as i need some portable stealth action after i finish MGSHD collection

mauaus

has anyone tried Syphon Filter games on Vita ? do they work? and can you map camera to 2nd analog? i may buy them as i need some portable stealth action after i finish MGSHD collection

Not sure if the games work or not but if they do rest assured the camera can be mapped to the analog

PS vita gamescom apps trailer

I don't really remember seeing this at gamescom

You know, the sad part is basically all of those don't have release dates? Right? Frobisher Says looked really fun but my want for it has faded since it's taken them months and months to localize something that's already in English.

Takao pointed out that the "Park" apps are already in English as well..... so WTF is going on?! Seriously.. I just want those apps and games, a lot of them don't have release dates. The summer was really empty and having a few of those come up here and there would've been amazing to get through the summer draught.

Ponn

Banned
Son of a biscuit!! I have RO preordered at newegg for 30 and thet have this set up for preoder but rheir new 12 off code doesnt work.

Foxix Von

I just started playing disgaea... I'm not even sure why I bought it since I still have the PS3 version sealed.

Oh god what have I gotten myself into.

Parham

Banned
What is the appeal of Ragnarok Odyssey? I haven't had the chance to play this type of game before and would like to know if this is something I might be interested in.

I just started playing disgaea... I'm not even sure why I bought it since I still have the PS3 version sealed.

Oh god what have I gotten myself into.

The game seemed too much for me (PS3 version)

After I played for 2 hours and quit by accident only to lose everything, I threw the towel in.

PS = Phantasy Star I believe

Action RPGs with quirky systems and battle mechanics that usually focus on taking down huge difficult enemies by learning how they fight and adapting to it. I've only played Monster Hunter but the rest seem similar to that.

Pretty much this...

RO seems faster paced than Monster Hunter (for sure) as well as Phantasy Star. The fact that it's single player (right?) detracts a little from the overall appeal of the game, but I'm a sucker for those types of RPGs

cyborg009

Banned
You know, the sad part is basically all of those don't have release dates? Right? Frobisher Says looked really fun but my want for it has faded since it's taken them months and months to localize something that's already in English.

Takao pointed out that the "Park" apps are already in English as well..... so WTF is going on?! Seriously.. I just want those apps and games, a lot of them don't have release dates. The summer was really empty and having a few of those come up here and there would've been amazing to get through the summer draught.

Lack of synergy

Parham

Banned
Game where you and your bros (or gals) band together to take down giant monsters. You grind, and craft new weapons, and armor.
Action RPGs with quirky systems and battle mechanics that usually focus on taking down huge difficult enemies by learning how they fight and adapting to it. I've only played Monster Hunter but the rest seem similar to that.
Pretty much this...

RO seems faster paced than Monster Hunter (for sure) as well as Phantasy Star. The fact that it's single player (right?) detracts a little from the overall appeal of the game, but I'm a sucker for those types of RPGs
Has online

Thanks! I'm still pretty illiterate when it comes to Eastern games. The only Japanese action RPGs I have played in the past year are Dragon's Dogma and Demon's Souls.

Thanks! I'm still fairly illiterate when it comes to Eastern games. The only Japanese action RPGs I have played in the past year are Dragon's Dogma and Demon's Souls.

PS reminded me a lot of Dragon's Dogma, hence the reason I like that game.

Demon/Dark Souls is on a whole other level in my book.

sajj316

Compiling a list of titles to be released (retail) from now through December:

Titles in bold are what I'll be getting. Anything I'm missing?

Madden 13: 8/28
FIFA 13: 9/25
Little Big Planet Vita: 9/25
Spy Hunter: 10/1
Ragnarok Odyssey: 10/16
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz: 10/23
Smart As: 10/23
SFxTekken: 10/23
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward: 10/24
NFS: Most Wanted: 10/30
Ass Creed Lib: 10/30
LEGO Lord of the Rings: 10/30
Silent Hill: Book of Memories: 10/31
Persona 4 Golden: 11/20
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: 11/20
Sonic All-Star Racing: 11/20

Notable mentions (temp release dates):

Call of Duty BLOPS: Declassified: 12/31
Sly Cooper 4: 12/31

DJMAX Technika Tune: 9/27 (Japan)

Kyon

Banned
Did the Asia version launch with co-op on the cart or are they going to have to wait for the DLC/patch like the Japanese did?

In the cart. If not then the patch will be instantly available. They confirmed it on the PS Blog that the patch will be installed in the NA version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom