• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Ragnarok

Also the RO news reminds me that SE never brought over Lord of Apocalypse. I can't imagine it having a ton of text or costing a lot to bring over. Oh well, RO will be here soon

RpgN

I'm missing a lot, so any help that cuts down the grinding is worthwhile to me.
My ID is the same as my GAF name (corrosivefrost). Add me and tell me what I need to do to help you (and have you help me). :D

Okay then, I'll add you in a minute :D Even if you don't have any new bounties for me, I'll keep updating for anyone who wants to complete their bounties.

What you need to do would be to check near often, update it (the big near icon on the upper right) and see all the new goods you get. If you get bounties for Uncharted, go to the black market in the live area menu of the game. You'll need to have a certain update to have black market I think. Once you access the black market, let it take you to near, there you need to DL the bounties you've found, then go back to the game. It will then tell you all the bounties you have received. You should quit black market and go back to the main menu of the game (don't quit by closing the live area yet!), you will then receive a message that tells you you can upload your bounties through near. So once you quit the game, go to near and update your ID. You update it through that big near icon on the upper right again. That's how others can receive your bounties. It might work a bit differently with other games, but you update them all through the upper right icon for the most part.

If you're searching for specific bounties, you need to select that certain category before you go back to the main menu of the game. Say if you need one more gold coin, don't forget to highlight that category before you go back to the main menu.

Shinriji said:
Hang in there. Only 4 for the plat (2 Cadiz and 2 Gold). Keep checking Near everyday.

I've been a bit rusty with Near for the last couple of days and missed your bounties :( Okay, will do. Thank you.

Yopis said:
Hey im trading still. Add me I will help out psn kincade

I hope you don't mind me adding you as well :p

Compiling a list of titles to be released (retail) from now through December:

Titles in bold are what I'll be getting. Anything I'm missing?

Madden 13: 8/28
FIFA 13: 9/25
Little Big Planet Vita: 9/25
Spy Hunter: 10/1
Ragnarok Odyssey: 10/16
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz: 10/23
Smart As: 10/23
SFxTekken: 10/23
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward: 10/24
NFS: Most Wanted: 10/30
Ass Creed Lib: 10/30
LEGO Lord of the Rings: 10/30
Silent Hill: Book of Memories: 10/31
Persona 4 Golden: 11/20
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: 11/20
Sonic All-Star Racing: 11/20

Notable mentions (temp release dates):

Call of Duty BLOPS: Declassified: 12/31
Sly Cooper 4: 12/31

DJMAX Technika Tune: 9/20

P4G date official?

KalBalboa

Banned

DJMAX Technika Tune: 9/20

Added a few of these to my Google Calendar, thanks.

has anyone tried Syphon Filter games on Vita ? do they work? and can you map camera to 2nd analog? i may buy them as i need some portable stealth action after i finish MGSHD collection

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow transfers fine, Dark Mirror does not and there's no point trying to transfer Combat Ops as the online servers for all 3 are gone. Logan's Shadow plays really damn well with the second analog stick mapped to the face buttons.

8byte

Banned
I didn't really grasp how "bad" MK Vita looked until I bought Tekken 6 PSP...and they look very close in quality. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!

sajj316

I didn't really grasp how "bad" MK Vita looked until I bought Tekken 6 PSP...and they look very close in quality. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!

You are referring to the character models, correct? I thought the environments were fine. Also nice to play at 60 fps.

I thought Frobisher Says is coming to US as well ? It's free right ?

Who knows when the hell all of those apps are coming. Most of them are already in English, it makes absolutely zero sense why SCEA is dragging their lazy behinds in getting it onto the store. The various park apps seem ready, but they're just being inept or something.

Kind of mad that they unveiled that LE so late. Maybe that's why it was delayed? Lmao. I just want the discount I got from newegg applied to it, as others have said. I mainly just want RO on my Vita, damnit. Isn't it already completely in English, because of the Asian (HK) version? I mean I'll definitely consider the LE because I love junk like that but.. I'd rather have the game out by now.

Yet another example of the game being ready for the west, and yet they're dragging their butts. Whenever there's no answer from the devs or guys localizing it, I always assume it's some bullshit internal testing or w/e they "have to do" before it can be sold here.

8byte

Banned
You are referring to the character models, correct? I thought the environments were fine. Also nice to play at 60 fps.

Specifically, yes. They are just AWFUL, considering how good Namco's PSP efforts were. I can't be too mad, as I got it for $10. I just thought the complaints about the visuals were insane until I really grasped just how mediocre they were (for the hardware they are on).

Now I'm really hoping that TTT2 is successful, and that Vita sales pick up so we can get a Tekken port on it. Could be amazing.

(Won't happen, Vita am doomed, etc etc etc)

Takao

Banned
regarding game goods, I guess it's not mandatory for games?

Near support isn't mandatory. Some games use it as a selling point...

Who knows when the hell all of those apps are coming. Most of them are already in English, it makes absolutely zero sense why SCEA is dragging their lazy behinds in getting it onto the store. The various park apps seem ready, but they're just being inept or something.

Not just SCEA, they've yet to be released by SCEE as well.

Ponn

Banned
Game goods and near could have been awesome and at least justified someones 3G purchase but it ended up a launch gimmick that quickly fell off the planet. I liked the katamari buddy requests but the only thing thats pops now is SSD tracks. Wasted potential.

RpgN

Game goods and near could have been awesome and at least justified someones 3G purchase but it ended up a launch gimmick that quickly fell off the planet. I liked the katamari buddy requests but the only thing thats pops now is SSD tracks. Wasted potential.

It's handy and really a neat idea when you have people on your friends list who use it. It could have been so much better though. There is this option to have Near update automatically, but for some reason it doesn't happen often or I don't know when it happens. It would have been great if Near updates automatically the moment you turn your vita on. Also, the activities tap could use some tweaking, they should add a new tap that is for notification if you get any new replies through Near...

I hope they polish the app in the future.

darkwing

hmm since I got my Vita a few days ago I got jewels from TOM, a cue stick for Hustle Kings, something from Modnation Racers, Deadpool costume, and an SSD track lol

Ponn

Banned
hmm since I got my Vita a few days ago I got jewels from TOM, a cue stick for Hustle Kings, something from Modnation Racers, Deadpool costume, and an SSD track lol

I play a shitload of ToMB and have never got crystals. But ive seen some hustle kings stuff and ive gotten some UMvsC gold characters and thats it. Hot Shots should have used it, Gravity Rush (could) have done like trinkets for her room), Disgaea could have done Pirate stuff through it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I got like 20 Hustle King cue sticks.

Cornbread78

Weel the people around me just suck them because all I ever get are songs for Super Stardust HD....

I was getting black market items from grinchy like crazy but now its a wasteland of SSD soundtracks and LBPvita challenge requests for me.

Hmph, what's Ecolibrium and Imaginstruments ? Looks interesting.

I hope the Vita Remote Desktop app gets released too.

Ecolibrium looked really interesting. I'm wondering if you can discover creatures in real time? I just want all of those apps out now, it makes zero sense why they're being held back - unless it's corporate negligence.

Mondriaan

The one thing about the Vita that annoys me is that it's apparently very picky about wireless networks. There's something wrong with my wireless router so I've been using my Macbook as a wireless bridge and it works fine for my iPod touch and PSP. Doesn't work with my Vita.

I guess there's always Starbucks.

Honestly new apps are being released so slow. Do we have the clock app yet?

Nope. Makes zero sense why it isn't out yet, same thing with treasure park. I remember when Paint Park came out months ago there was at least a window of when to expect the other ones, right? Or am I just giving Sony a break and making assumptions?....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-and-wake-up-club-coming-to-ps-vita-for-free/

Yeah there was no mention of release dates, although Joystiq says "summer". It literally makes zero sense why these aren't out yet. Sigh, wtf Sony @ Q&A.

The one thing about the Vita that annoys me is that it's apparently very picky about wireless networks. There's something wrong with my wireless router so I've been using my Macbook as a wireless bridge and it works fine for my iPod touch and PSP. Doesn't work with my Vita

I've noticed this as well. The wifi I use on my lunch breaks doesn't work sometimes, or it cuts out. My phone stays connected just fine. With a lot of wifi hot spots I go to though, I can't even fully connect and watch netflix or browse :\

JoshHood

DJMAX Technika Tune: 9/27 (Japan)

Worth noting that Sly got delayed to early 2013.

patsu

someone tweet yosh why apps are taking too slow to come out

I wonder why they rushed the PS3 Youtube app. I don't want a crashy Vita app.

Played with Flickr some more. The app is stable, but I think the server cache is too slow. When you upload a picture, it takes them quite some time to refresh their Vita server cache. As a result, when you try to use the Vita app to look at what you just uploaded, it will crash the app.

They should fix the existing apps first, before releasing new ones -- if the apps are handled by the same team.

patsu

We shouldve had 100 apps by now, simple useless things like Ebay, weather, news, instagram etc.

IMHO, those are not so useful on Vita. They should focus on those apps that can add value to entertainment, and integrate them well together. If it's merely a litany of standalone apps, it may be a waste of time.

8byte

Banned
I play a shitload of ToMB and have never got crystals. But ive seen some hustle kings stuff and ive gotten some UMvsC gold characters and thats it. Hot Shots should have used it, Gravity Rush (could) have done like trinkets for her room), Disgaea could have done Pirate stuff through it.

Share more crystals. I wasn't getting any in my area until I started sharing them, then others started doing the same.

patsu

I really love the Flickr app, I love Flickr more than Photbucket :p

Yap, it's one of my favorites too. Very slick. Unfortunately it always crashes after you upload an image.

My top 5 most used apps are: Twitter, Facebook, Video, Music Unlimited, and Flickr.

Too bad they are all standalone though. If we can integrate them together with gaming, we will find more use for them.

Yap, it's one of my favorites too. Very slick. Unfortunately it always crashes after you upload an image.

My top 5 most used apps are: Twitter, Facebook, Video, Music Unlimited, and Flickr.

Too bad they are all standalone though. If we can integrate them together with gaming, we will find more use for them.

Yeah! Everything about Vita screams integration, I hate the fact that I need to start friendlist and trophy apps, these should be loaded at all times syncing in the background.

zroid

Banned
Sell me on this. I've laughed every time I've heard of it.

lol, well. To put it simply, within my understanding, it's a gamified alarm clock.

6941474578_e6c8e75bbb_z.jpg

The "club" is the group of people who want to wake up at the same time as you, and I think the idea is to compete with them to wake up the fastest and most consistently.

If you're thinking "that sounds kind of amazing", well you could be correct. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom