• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lol, well. To put it simply, within my understanding, it's a gamified alarm clock.

6941474578_e6c8e75bbb_z.jpg

The "club" is the group of people who want to wake up at the same time as you, and I think the idea is to compete with them to wake up the fastest and most consistently.

If you're thinking "that sounds kind of amazing", well you could be correct. :D
Well, I'm still laughing. But I like laughing, so why not.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Have there been any benefits for vita playstation plus members.

When I had plus for a year I used it for nothing besides stacking so it was a gigantic disappointment for me. Seemed like everything was an old game I had no interest in or was something I would rather play or already played on another platform.

filipe

When I had plus for a year I used it for nothing besides stacking so it was a gigantic disappointment for me. Seemed like everything was an old game I had no interest in or was something I would rather play or already played on another platform.

Slightly better discounts is all I've noticed.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Slightly better discounts is all I've noticed.

Is there no psn web store trying to look to see what deals they have on psp/vita games, and what plus gives vita owners but can't seem to find anything besides a front page and then a link to best buy psn cards? Jesus Christ Sony /facepalm.

Vitacat

Call me crazy but Valkyria Chronicles II looks sooo beautiful on the Vita one might confuse it with an actual Vita title.

Are you playing with or without the filtering?

QUESTION: do we know any details yet about crossplay games, where you buy the PS3 version and get Vita version free? I will only have a Vita, but is it possible I could buy a PS3 game, get the Vita version, then give or sell the PS3 version to someone else? Or would I need a PS3 to get the Vita version?

lol, well. To put it simply, within my understanding, it's a gamified alarm clock.

6941474578_e6c8e75bbb_z.jpg

The "club" is the group of people who want to wake up at the same time as you, and I think the idea is to compete with them to wake up the fastest and most consistently.

If you're thinking "that sounds kind of amazing", well you could be correct. :D

Does it have a platinum? I hope it does. I would be motivated even more to wake up lol

patsu

1Gb Cloud storage may be interesting.

Will probably have discounts here and there.

Raxious

Decided to pre-order the US version of Persona 4: Golden. I love the skin that's included with it as I'm a big Persona fan.

I just hate the fact that Atlus hasn't done anything ( yet ) regarding a possible EU release and it's pissing me off. That's the only reason im pre-ordering the US version right now. And even if there's gonna be a EU release, im guessing it's not going to be launched untill 2013. And if they decide to mess it up like P4:Arena, it's gonna be 2014.

Decided to pre-order the US version of Persona 4: Golden. I love the skin that's included with it as I'm a big Persona fan.

I just hate the fact that Atlus hasn't done anything ( yet ) regarding a possible EU release and it's pissing me off. That's the only reason im pre-ordering the US version right now. And even if there's gonna be a EU release, im guessing it's not going to be launched untill 2013. And if they decide to mess it up like P4:Arena, it's gonna be 2014.

I know what you mean, I'll probably end up importing as well.
I was also thinking about getting the Asia version Ragnarok Odyssey, but I wont be able to get any DLC if I don't reset my Vita. It's such a pain...

Mondriaan

Share more crystals. I wasn't getting any in my area until I started sharing them, then others started doing the same.
I probably shared every day for maybe two months straight and saw someone else share once. That was before I realized that sharing was actually optional.

I'm not sure why I play so much because the game makes me angry. In particular, if I'm not hooked up to PSN, I will be interrupted in the middle of a game with prompts about hooking up to a wireless network or starting up the 3G thing and the game clock continues to run. That's roughly 10 seconds where the game doesn't accept any input except maybe for touching the hint icon.

I might be done with the game since I've earned the title sun emperor, though.

I know what you mean, I'll probably end up importing as well.
I was also thinking about getting the Asia version Ragnarok Odyssey, but I wont be able to get any DLC if I don't reset my Vita. It's such a pain...

Just be patient and wait for the US release of RO. It'll have all the free DLC included on the cartridge. The paid DLC will come later via US PSN.

Just be patient and wait for the US release of RO. It'll have all the free DLC included on the cartridge. The paid DLC will come later via US PSN.
The only difference is I will have to reset my Vita for my US account instead of my HK account (I live in PAL land )... If I don't do it I won't be able to get DLC from the store either way.

mauaus

QUESTION: do we know any details yet about crossplay games, where you buy the PS3 version and get Vita version free? I will only have a Vita, but is it possible I could buy a PS3 game, get the Vita version, then give or sell the PS3 version to someone else? Or would I need a PS3 to get the Vita version?

No one knows at this point what measures sneaky sony will apply to avoid this...

Famassu

I'm guessing you might get a digital download alongside a PS3 online pass, so maybe once you used the Online Pass code and also got the Vita version, the person you sell/give the game to might not be able to play the games online (if there are online features) without buying an online pass from PSN.

Shahed

What the? You know you can't charge your Vita without a USB and AC Adapter, right?
:p

That would be just torture. Having everything but the Vita itself :(

Funny thing is I ordered the Vita before the rest since I wanted it to come first. I should have just grouped them together. Then I wouldn't have to deal with Amazon's mind games...

I'm surprised that topic was only created today. I noticed it a while ago on the UK site

Shahed

Saying that, I am missing Rayman as well, but I'm that bothered. It'll be a while before I play that. These two games plus PSP games like VC2 come first

Derrick01

Banned
So disappointing that the AC liberation vita is white and not black. I'd have to buy the madden one for that but I'm not a fan of pissing all over my money.

Ran rp

So disappointing that the AC liberation vita is white and not black. I'd have to buy the madden one for that but I'm not a fan of pissing all over my money.

Found this list of bundles:

Vita Wi-Fi Limited Edition + Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
November 2012
Vita Wi-Fi + LittleBigPlanet
September 19th 2012
Vita Wi-FI + Need for Speed: Most Wanted
November 1st 2012
Vita Wi-Fi + FIFA 13
September 27th 2012
Vita Wi-Fi + Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
October 30th 2012
Vita Wi-Fi + LEGO Lord of the Rings
October 26th 2012

Shahed is missing their Vita and the AC adapter that comes inside it.

come on man

ugh you edited ugh
GLAD TO KNOW YOU'RE GOOD WITH JOKES

That would be just torture. Having everything but the Vita itself :(

Funny thing is I ordered the Vita before the rest since I wanted it to come first. I should have just grouped them together. Then I wouldn't have to deal with Amazon's mind games...
:p

Any reason you didn't group the order together? Special deal or no funds at the time of purchase? ... or did you jsut order stuff from different places?

Saying that, I am missing Rayman as well, but I'm that bothered. It'll be a while before I play that. These two games plus PSP games like VC2 come first
Rayman's great, so you should be excited for it!

I'm not a huge fan of white handhelds, either. But there are a lot of other bundles coming, or if you don't want that, there's usually some deals going on where you get a Vita + game + maybe store credit.

Shahed

Any reason you didn't group the order together? Special deal or no funds at the time of purchase? ... or did you jsut order stuff from different places?

Rayman's great, so you should be excited for it!

Nah I just ordered the Vita straight away once I decided I was jumping the gun. It wasnt till the next day that I made my mind up on what to get with it. It'll come tomorrow
Please?

As for Rayman I am looking forward to it. Just not to the same extent as Uncharted and especially Gravity Rush. And there are several PSP games I've just put off playing for too long

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Picked up Resistance: Burning Skies and Rayman Origins earlier today while I was out and about, going away for a long weekend and wanted something new to play. Figured I might as well give Resistance a go, worst comes to worst I will just trade it in to go towards Assassins Creed: Liberation.

Rayman though I have been itching to get a hold of because of how great it looks, I've only heard good things about it from friends.

AppleBlade

Picked up Resistance: Burning Skies and Rayman Origins earlier today while I was out and about, going away for a long weekend and wanted something new to play. Figured I might as well give Resistance a go, worst comes to worst I will just trade it in to go towards Assassins Creed: Liberation.
Personally, I enjoyed Resistance. A little more polishing and that game would have been much better reviewed imo. Great weapons, varied levels, mechanically sound, decent atmosphere. Too bad the sound effects were horrible as was the way running was implemented.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Random question, when I bought Resistance the guy gave me the online pass, or what looks like it, outside the new box attached with an elastic band.

I just opened the new copy and it has a network pass inside, Is there some extra DLC thing or did the guy in the shop just give me an extra network pass?

Personally, I enjoyed Resistance. A little more polishing and that game would have been much better reviewed imo. Great weapons, varied levels, mechanically sound, decent atmosphere. Too bad the sound effects were horrible as was the way running was implemented.

I'm sure it will be ok, I enjoyed the other Resistances for different reasons each release, figured I would give it the benefit of the doubt, lol.

Rasec

Orgarhythm demo hitting JP PSN next week: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/22/have-an-orgarhythm-next-week-with-a-downloadable-demo/

Isn't the game already in english (same with Dokuro)? I remember watching a video on YouTube and it had english text...

Yup, yes it is.

also, quick question.
My girlfriend said that she never played a gta and was always curious to try it.
Is vice city stories good on the vita?
And can you map the camera on the game to the second analogic?

Derrick01

Banned
PSY・S;41306558 said:
Found this list of bundles:

Yeah those games are not very appealing outside of assassin's creed. It's not a big deal I'm not going to cry because it's white, I just think black looks sexier on handhelds. I'll get over it quick since I'm basically getting AC for free in the bundle.

Joe Molotov

Random question, when I bought Resistance the guy gave me the online pass, or what looks like it, outside the new box attached with an elastic band.

I just opened the new copy and it has a network pass inside, Is there some extra DLC thing or did the guy in the shop just give me an extra network pass?

Did you buy it used or new?

Ran rp

Looks like a second pass to me since there isn't any DLC showing up on the store. If you bought it used then the one inside might not work.

beason52

Neo Member
Yup, yes it is.

also, quick question.
My girlfriend said that she never played a gta and was always curious to try it.
Is vice city stories good on the vita?
And can you map the camera on the game to the second analogic?

Not sure about the camera but I found Liberty City Stories to be the better PSP GTA. (Also liked it more than Chinatown Wars). Both were pretty great though.

patsu

all the sudden speed touches aren't working on the final boss of GA on crushing. UGH.

That last boss was very frustrating. I needed to time it just right. Wouldn't work if the gesture was too fast or too slow. It's the only part I hate about GA. Otherwise, I like the game quite a bit.

Rasec

Not sure about the camera but I found Liberty City Stories to be the better PSP GTA. (Also liked it more than Chinatown Wars). Both were pretty great though.

and why LC was better? story or something else?
I thought Vice was cooler since it was bigger and some things like swimming was there.

Sol1dus

Played Sound Shapes for the first time on ps3 today. I'm glad to see that having a big tv won't help with the stupid random notes in Death Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom