• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
What are the chances that we see the Vita's friends list features implemented onto the XMB for the PS3?

I kind of like seeing my friends' latest activities, like on Steam. And being able to have a personalized background, as opposed to just colours.

What are the chances that we see the Vita's friends list features implemented onto the XMB for the PS3?

I kind of like seeing my friends' latest activities, like on Steam. And being able to have a personalized background, as opposed to just colours.

Sony is slow as fuck with implementing things like this, how hard is it to let Vita trophies show on ps3?

Hanmik

the trophy stuff on Vita is strange...

I switched accounts last week to see if I could use the youtube app from another account (off course I could not, it is locked to the account)...
When I logged on to my main account again I noticed All my Vita trophies had disappeared.
Luckily I did not have many trophies. I tried syncing with the server, that did nothing.

I had to start a game again for my trophies to appear. I had the Platinum trophy in Resistance Burning Skies, so I started the game up, and exited it again. Suddenly all my Trophies for that game reappeared on my list.
I had to do that for every game I had trophies in. Even the Welcome app.

I have a preview version of "Smart Ass", that game has trophies. But when I tried the same trick here (start the game again), it did not restore all my trophies, some of them did not reappear.. that sucks..

Kazerei

Banned
the trophy stuff on Vita is strange...

I switched accounts last week to see if I could use the youtube app from another account (off course I could not, it is locked to the account)...
When I logged on to my main account again I noticed All my Vita trophies had disappeared.
Luckily I did not have many trophies. I tried syncing with the server, that did nothing.

I had to start a game again for my trophies to appear. I had the Platinum trophy in Resistance Burning Skies, so I started the game up, and exited it again. Suddenly all my Trophies for that game reappeared on my list.
I had to do that for every game I had trophies in. Even the Welcome app.

I have a preview version of "Smart Ass", that game has trophies. But when I tried the same trick here (start the game again), it did not restore all my trophies, some of them did not reappear.. that sucks..

After you reset the system, trophies previously synced with PSN will be restored. Trophies not synced with PSN will just be gone. Sorry :\

Hanmik

Hmmm. I don't know what happened then.

It probably is a problem with the game (If you are refering to the missing trophies).. becuase it is a Preview version without all the functions in the game added. Every other game reaapeared with all trophies intact after I started them up..

hyogen

Neo Member
Best place to pre order little big planet vita? I think new egg had it for $30 free shipping.. The pre order bonuses worth paying $40 for?

Pranay

ehh i dont think they were banned for port begging ?

If they were then that shame to see since a lot of pc users get a free pass for that.

Amory

I realized that I'm walking around every day with a Vita in one pocket and a Windows Phone in the other. How many people can say that??

sajj316

Someone should make the Official Thread of Vita Port Requests so all that goes into one place, or is that bannable to?

Or just say it here ....

demigod

I realized that I'm walking around every day with a Vita in one pocket and a Windows Phone in the other. How many people can say that??

Probably just you. Everyone either has Apple or Android phone.

What's better, Gelaskins or DecalGirl? Thing I don't like about Gelaskins is that I have to fiddle with the wallpaper skin. Its hard to adjust the image correctly when they have the psvita layout so small and the screen so freakin huge.

Rasec

I think it was mainly the side missions (the empire side-game content didn't really do it for me) and I also seem to remember finding the campaign missions less compelling.
Its been a long time since I played either though. I only have UMD copies or else I'd boot them up on vita. Waiting for a sale to bite.
I don't think you can go wrong with either though!

Thanks for the tips.
Guess i'll see some videos and then decide which one to get.

Hmmm guys anyone playing NGS+ ?

I'm stuck at chapter 3 - it's the one inside big zeppelin - i reached some kind of big ramp in middle of it and got it opened - how do i get to the rear cabin ?

Grinchy

Banned
Does "installing data" on digital PSP games make a difference on load times for Vita -- example: MH:FU -- I'm doing data install out of habit -- is this necessary or does it even help?

If you install the data for MHFU, I think the only advantage is that it will show you the pictures of the armor/weapons in the store without having to hit select. I was playing the game enough that I actually installed it for that lol

And in Peace Walker, installing it gives voice acting to certain things that are text-based if you haven't installed.

Takao

Banned
You know what games I want on Vita?

m6GmW.gif

Petz? I dun care. Tractor Simulator? Yep.

darkwing

has anyone tried connecting their Vita to a wifi hotspot where in other devices like a laptop, the browser goes into this login page automatically, the Vita browser doesn't go there :|

Already asked in the Liverpool thread:

So I'm going to order WipEout 2048 @ videogamesplus.ca, will this be a US version? If it's Canadian, will I be able to activate the online pass in a US account??

Mondriaan

has anyone tried connecting their Vita to a wifi hotspot where in other devices like a laptop, the browser goes into this login page automatically, the Vita browser doesn't go there :|
That's definitely not my experience with Starbucks' wifi. It redirects straight to their "agree to these terms" page. Can't say about other places' wifi, though.

That's definitely not my experience with Starbucks' wifi. It redirects straight to their "agree to these terms" page. Can't say about other places' wifi, though.

The only time I tried (at a random Wendy's), it worked just like this.

Already asked in the Liverpool thread:

So I'm going to order WipEout 2048 @ videogamesplus.ca, will this be a US version? If it's Canadian, will I be able to activate the online pass in a US account??

My best guess is it will be the region 1/NTSC/NA version of the game, but don't quote me on that. ;)

KalBalboa

Banned

I've logged in at a few hot spots with my Vita and the browser always hops right on. I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Copenap

My best guess is it will be the region 1/NTSC/NA version of the game, but don't quote me on that. ;)

Be careful! As far as I know if the country the game is from has his own psn Shop it won't work and I assume that's the case for Canada. It's not comparable to the usual region restriction. I never tested this myself though, so no guarantee.

Cornbread78

Making a port request thread? Omae wa mo shindeiru.

I've always wanted to put together a Trolling/$hit talking/system wars thread that's ban free, so we can take our shots and talk crap about another system without retribution from mods (unless people attack each other personally). I think that could be fun. I wonder how long it could go until either I got banned for creating it, or they just closed the thread.

So the Madden 13 Vita bundle is $250 next week with a bonus $50 gift card at Best Buy.

Might be time to bite on a Vita. Especially since I can trade the game in for a little added value.

ehh i dont think they were banned for port begging ?

If they were then that shame to see since a lot of pc users get a free pass for that.

Yeah I got banned before for that, won't make that mistake again. It's hard to refrain from it, because it's what I primarily play on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom