• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just finished my first Sound Shapes level. Posted it in the SS thread, but damn. So satisfying to finally finish it, lol. So amazing what manyGaffers here can do though. Surprised I could still find the motivation to try it too after seeing what talent we have at GAF. :p

patsu

Just finished my first Sound Shapes level. Posted it in the SS thread, but damn. So satisfying to finally finish it, lol. So amazing what manyGaffers here can do though. Surprised I could still find the motivation to try it too after seeing what talent we have at GAF. :p

Yeah, Sound Shapes level creation is much more easier than LBP. My 7 year old created a level in 30 minutes or so.

branny

If you're a fan of shmup games, definitely check out both.
^I tried the Sine Mora demo on both difficulties on XBL and thought it was gorgeous but awful. I'd much rather play pretty much anything released by more established shmup developers (like Cave) instead of that game. =\

Yeah those games are not very appealing outside of assassin's creed. It's not a big deal I'm not going to cry because it's white, I just think black looks sexier on handhelds. I'll get over it quick since I'm basically getting AC for free in the bundle.
I know this isn't helping your predicament, but I have to agree with you about black being sexier.

I love white electronics, but, for some reason, the white Vita isn't as appealing as the white PSP (or DS Lite, etc.) was to me. It's like...the way the speaker holes stand out or the dark crevices around the analog sticks or something that's throwing off the look for me.

And the PS1 Classics video didn't help. I think it demonstrates how much more appealing the black Vita is for letterboxed content, especially with an OLED screen that melts into the bezel when you play in low-light conditions.

At first I thought it was just a defense mechanism to justify my black Vita purchase, but it's starting to seem like I actually don't want the white Vita anymore. It's funny because I was originally pissed white wasn't available at launch. If my black Vita broke, I'd be torn between white and black when I'd normally always go with white if I had the option.

beason52

Neo Member
and why LC was better? story or something else?
I thought Vice was cooler since it was bigger and some things like swimming was there.

I think it was mainly the side missions (the empire side-game content didn't really do it for me) and I also seem to remember finding the campaign missions less compelling.
Its been a long time since I played either though. I only have UMD copies or else I'd boot them up on vita. Waiting for a sale to bite.
I don't think you can go wrong with either though!

Ran rp

^I tried the Sine Mora demo on both difficulties on XBL and thought it was gorgeous but awful. I'd much rather play pretty much anything released by more established shmup developers (like Cave) instead of that game. =\

I know this isn't helping your predicament, but I have to agree with you about black being sexier.

I love white electronics, but, for some reason, the white Vita isn't as appealing as the white PSP (or DS Lite, etc.) was to me. It's like...the way the speaker holes stand out or the dark crevices around the analog sticks or something that's throwing off the look for me.

And the PS1 Classics video didn't help. I think it demonstrates how much more appealing the black Vita is for letterboxed content, especially with an OLED screen that melts into the bezel when you play in low-light conditions.

At first I thought it was just a defense mechanism to justify my black Vita purchase, but it's starting to seem like I actually don't want the white Vita anymore. It's funny because I was originally pissed white wasn't available at launch. If my black Vita broke, I'd be torn between white and black when I'd normally always go with white if I had the option.

I can't wait. There are so many PSOne games I need to play. I missed that entire era because I primarily played on Nintendo and Sega consoles.

So, any word on when the PSN prices are going to change to reflect the new MSRP on Sony Vita games? Amazon just updated their prices. I am worried, considering PSN history.

Massa

So, any word on when the PSN prices are going to change to reflect the new MSRP on Sony Vita games? Amazon just updated their prices. I am worried, considering PSN history.

They were also the last ones to reflect the MLB price drop but it should come eventually.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I gave up waiting. Someone mentioned it was probably more of an incentive for retailers to get some stock moving, rather than to benefit us, as such :p I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

In 2014.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Dammit. I finally get a hole in one (and it even was one of those super powered up shots that shoots up the pin), and it's worth 0 trophies because it's in a match-play game.

:(

patsu

I gave up waiting. Someone mentioned it was probably more of an incentive for retailers to get some stock moving, rather than to benefit us, as such :p I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

In 2014.

It's called channel management (to avoid channel conflict).

PS+ promo may be possible.

It's not impossible to have PSN discounts especially if Sony want to minimize used game sales though.

beason52

Neo Member
I really hope MLB 12 on Vita sold well enough to warrant some improvements in MLB 13. I skipped 12 as I still play 11 on PS3 but want to get MLB 13 for both vita/ps3. And perhaps it will have cross-buy but I will get both regardless.
Vita needs more sports games!!

Quick

Banned
I really hope MLB 12 on Vita sold well enough to warrant some improvements in MLB 13. I skipped 12 as I still play 11 on PS3 but want to get MLB 13 for both vita/ps3. And perhaps it will have cross-buy but I will get both regardless.

Yes, YES.

NHL 07 was so shitty on the PSP, but I'm still hoping for an NHL 14 for the Vita.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

And if it is a cross-play game? Bonus!

(I would have gotten 12, but the Astros would be in the AL central for fucking ever, wanted to wait til they moved.)

Vitacat

Aaargh!!! Tracking says my Vita won't arrive till next Monday. Frikkin 3 day shipping... rabble rabble rabble... Plus Newegg shipped Uncharted separately by GROUND, so no idea when that will arrive... but hey, the game was free.

At least I'll have games, screen protector and memory card waiting for it. Thanks Amazon.

smr00

Banned
I have a question about the Vita.

I am selling mine to a friend and i have 3 game downloaded on the Vita, is there a way i can remove my PSN from the Vita but keep the games on it? I want him to have the games but i don't want my PSN linked to it.

darkwing

I have a question about the Vita.

I am selling mine to a friend and i have 3 game downloaded on the Vita, is there a way i can remove my PSN from the Vita but keep the games on it? I want him to have the games but i don't want my PSN linked to it.

nope, PSN games are account locked

KalBalboa

Banned
Can i sign out of my PSN and change my password and them still be available? Because i signed out and it still let me load Uncharted and Virtua Tennis.

The Vita will still count as an activation. Your buddy won't be able to buy new games until he logs in as you or with a different account, thus deactivating.

smr00

Banned
The Vita will still count as an activation. Your buddy won't be able to buy new games until he logs in as you or with a different account, thus deactivating.
That is shitty.

This thing just keeps disappointing me. The PS3 allows game sharing why not this? Oh well, hopefully on down the road it gets more support to where i will feel confident in owning it because right now (no offense to Vita lovers, it's a great little hand held) but it just isn't getting the support i want and don't feel good about myself having this almost $300 handheld sitting on my shelf collecting dust with no games that interest me. Luckily my friend really wants it and has a bunch of games that appeal to him so at least it's getting a good home to where it will be played.

darkwing

That is shitty.

This thing just keeps disappointing. The PS3 allows game sharing why not this?

I guess security reasons

PSP security lulz

plus the fact Sony had to reduce the activations on the PS3 to two because of the rampant abuse on the system

A thought just occurred to me, Vita GAF. A thought that can probably be answered with a simple Goooooogle search, but I'd rather ask here, as I know little about this platform.

So...
Can I play God Hand and Okami on a Vita? Because if I can, I'll buy one tomorrow.

It's about that time of year, and I'm gettin' that ol' itch from 2006 back again!

Vitacat

That is shitty.

This thing just keeps disappointing me... /snip/... but it just isn't getting the support i want and don't feel good about myself having this almost $300 handheld sitting on my shelf collecting dust with no games that interest me. Luckily my friend really wants it and has a bunch of games that appeal to him so at least it's getting a good home to where it will be played.

Well, at least it will have a good home.

That's how I felt about the 3DS. I was so close to getting one earlier this week, but for my tastes the Vita was the way to go, so I ended up going with Vita. But I may buy a 3DS XL next year for Fire Emblem (if it turns out good).

A thought just occurred to me, Vita GAF. A thought that can probably be answered with a simple Goooooogle search, but I'd rather ask here, as I know little about this platform.

So...
Can I play God Hand and Okami on a Vita? Because if I can, I'll buy one tomorrow. !

I'm still new to Vita (and PSN), but I'm pretty sure you can't play those games. Vita only plays Vita, PSP and (soon) PS1 games. But hmm, maybe that Okami HD remake will be ported to Vita someday(?).

So...
Can I play God Hand and Okami on a Vita? Because if I can, I'll buy one tomorrow.

It's about that time of year, and I'm gettin' that ol' itch from 2006 back again!
So far, no. Remote play might be the only way, but who knows if and when Sony will expand the functionality to take advantage of the Vita.

So...

No, PS2 games are not playable. ): Maybe via remote play... sometime.

I haven't played a new vita game in so long any good games on Vita?
Have you played Gravity Rush yet?

patsu

I haven't played a new vita game in so long any good games on Vita?

Latest is Sound Shapes.

EDIT: So I started Corpse Party. The graphics is PS1 era, doesn't scare me so far. The voice acting is great though. I guess I will play some more and see what happens. Haven't really met the villain yet, just found 5-6 corpses all over the school.

So has there been any word on whether the lego lotr's vita version will be another 3ds port? Or a big brother port?

Hard to say, but the story doesn't lend itself to an open world like Batman 2 did. Every version will probably be a pretty linear progression so I wouldn't guess the console and handheld versions will be as divergent in any case.

Huh, so that took less time than I thought.
U:GA platinumed. Will probably be selling/trading it shortly; if anyone needs near stuff in the next day or two, get at me now.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Hadn't seen it talked about here, but "Adventures to Go" is $7.50 on the PSN this week. Great little RPG with clever writing and random dungeons.

Twinduct

Another day another false dream of Monster Hunter being announced for Vita. I remember one of the reason it was announced because we reached '1.30' .. whatever that means. This is like the 6th time I've had a similar dream of MH Vita.

Japanese sales numbers perhaps? Bleeeh :/

Does "installing data" on digital PSP games make a difference on load times for Vita -- example: MH:FU -- I'm doing data install out of habit -- is this necessary or does it even help?

That community Mario level is probably the shortest one Ive seen lol.

mr2xxx

Banned
Does "installing data" on digital PSP games make a difference on load times for Vita -- example: MH:FU -- I'm doing data install out of habit -- is this necessary or does it even help?

Wouldn't do anything, all you are doing is installing a game on your memory card to your memory card again, same access speed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom