• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wanted to put together a Trolling/$hit talking/system wars thread that's ban free, so we can take our shots and talk crap about another system without retribution from mods (unless people attack each other personally). I think that could be fun. I wonder how long it could go until either I got banned for creating it, or they just closed the thread.

As long as you want to troll Vita there's at least 10 threads active right now :D

oldmario

I've always wanted to put together a Trolling/$hit talking/system wars thread that's ban free, so we can take our shots and talk crap about another system without retribution from mods (unless people attack each other personally). I think that could be fun. I wonder how long it could go until either I got banned for creating it, or they just closed the thread.

I think only wario could pull that off with his magical ban immunity lol

RpgN

Something unexpected happened...my BF texted me about Sound Shapes, telling me he was interested in the game, he already knew about cross-buy and asked me if I wanted the game so we could both play it on the Vita/PS3. Of course I said hell yeah and now there's another game added to the Vita backlog. Suddenly I'm curious about the game and this whole death mode...Oh, and I love cross-buy even more after this lol.

Toki767

Something unexpected happened...my BF texted me about Sound Shapes, telling me he was interested in the game, he already knew about cross-buy and asked me if I wanted the game so we could both play it on the Vita/PS3. Of course I said hell yeah and now there's another game added to the Vita backlog. Suddenly I'm curious about the game and this whole death mode...Oh, and I love cross-buy even more after this lol.

It's a great game with probably infinite replay value since people are always making new levels. Even Yoshida has made a bunch of levels for the game. Death Mode isn't like...ragequitting bad. You just need patience and a lot of luck most of the time.

patsu

If you like Sound Shapes, and have not played Everyday Shooter, you may want to take a close look at that game too !

It's a great game with probably infinite replay value since people are always making new levels. Even Yoshida has made a bunch of levels for the game. Death Mode isn't like...ragequitting bad. You just need patience and a lot of luck most of the time.

I wanted to rage quit on several of death mode levels. When you sit there and the times you manage to be perfect, it ends up giving you terrible spawns so there's no way you can win? Beyond frustrating. I know there were several times I just hit the home or power button and put my Vita down for awhile.

The only other Vita game so far to make me angry like that was U:GA (and the long-winded touch screen fights on hard/crushing).

If you like Sound Shapes, and have not played Everyday Shooter, you may want to take a close look at that game too !

Agree; Everyday Shooter is awesome!

has anyone tried connecting their Vita to a wifi hotspot where in other devices like a laptop, the browser goes into this login page automatically, the Vita browser doesn't go there :|

I've noticed that when I hit "connect" to our guest hotspot at work, it sometimes takes a full minute or two to say "connected". So I wait til it says that, then I got to load up the browser, then it asks me if I want to load the "certificate", then I can login to our work wifi.

It's tedious, but that's how it works for me at work.

So in honor of events that happened yesterday I decided to play Wipeout 2048 and pretty much only that (well not only but the majority). It still amazes me how good this game looks and how well it plays. I was racing like crap and then realized I wasn't using the correct "wipeout" control scheme. Changed to that and now I have 2 more events in the 2049 circuit; when I started I had 7 to go.

darkwing

I've noticed that when I hit "connect" to our guest hotspot at work, it sometimes takes a full minute or two to say "connected". So I wait til it says that, then I got to load up the browser, then it asks me if I want to load the "certificate", then I can login to our work wifi.

It's tedious, but that's how it works for me at work.

thanks! I'll try this one out

Shahed

Still no Vita :(

But I at least got Rayman. If it doesn't come tomorrow I might email Amazon. Where's my 3DO?

On a more serious note, how many people kept their PSP's, and how many sold them? I'm thinking about selling mine and I only currently own 1 UMD in Birth By Sleep. I guess some part of me is hoping it'll be put on PSN. It it was I'd buy it again and sell my PSP straight away.

It's the FFVII Crisis Core Limited Edition. Slightly scuffed although the screen is fine. Do you think I'd get much for it?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Sill no Vita :(

But I at least got Rayman. If it doesn't come tomorrow I might email Amazon. Where's my 3DO?

On a more serious note, how many people kept their PSP's, and how many sold them? I'm thinking about selling mine and I only currently own 1 UMD in Birth By Sleep. I guess some part of me is hoping it'll be put on PSN. It it was I'd buy it again and sell my PSP straight away.

It's the FFVII Crisis Core Limited Edition. Slightly scuffed although the screen is fine. Do you think I'd get much for it?

I kept my PSP purely as a retro emulator, it's great for classic spectrum and c64 games, if it wasn't for that I'd probably sell it tbh.

Sill no Vita :(

damnit amazon deliver that damn vita

I still have my PSP. Project Diva and Birth by Sleep almost guarantee I never get rid of it.

So in honor of events that happened yesterday I decided to play Wipeout 2048 and pretty much only that (well not only but the majority). It still amazes me how good this game looks and how well it plays. I was racing like crap and then realized I wasn't using the correct "wipeout" control scheme. Changed to that and now I have 2 more events in the 2049 circuit; when I started I had 7 to go.

What's the correct "wipeout" control scheme?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I kept my PSP purely as a retro emulator, it's great for classic spectrum and c64 games, if it wasn't for that I'd probably sell it tbh.

I still have my PSP. Project Diva and Birth by Sleep almost guarantee I never get rid of it.

I ended up getting $20 for my PSP on Amazon because I didn't have the original box and glossed over that when I was reading what constitutes as good and acceptable (having the box would've earned me an extra $30), so I kind of wish I just kept it for import purposes.

Still no Vita :(

damnit amazon deliver that damn vita

Is Birth by Sleep a good game on it's own or does it purely appeal to people who are into the KH franchise?

--

When do you think cloud saving/PS+ is coming to Vita?
Also, where on my PC does the Vita back up files to?

Vitacat

I still have my PSP 1000, fully CFW'ed, in pretty much mint condition, zero dead pixels, including original box and everything. Plus several complete UMD games. I should sell it all.

I also have a silver PSP 2000, also zero dead pixels, which I plan to keep for emus.

Speaking of Vitas needing to be delivered... UPS has mine scheduled for Monday. Damn. Apparently they don't deliver Saturdays. So much for Newegg's "3 day" shipping. :-/ That BestBuy Madden Vita deal next Tuesday is looking rather good...

I ended up getting $20 for my PSP on Amazon because I didn't have the original box and glossed over that when I was reading what constitutes as good and acceptable (having the box would've earned me an extra $30), so I kind of wish I just kept it for import purposes.
I haven't imported enough of anything. Project Diva Extend and Jump Ultimate Stars are pretty much it for import on my end(until Project Diva f is out, that is.)

Is Birth by Sleep a good game on it's own or does it purely appeal to people who are into the KH franchise?

I'm not really sure if I can up up with the best answer for that, but it's usually regarded as the KH game with the best combat/gameplay. Story is really out there, though, as you'd expect from a KH game. It's a prequel, too.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I think it's a game that mostly appeals to Kingdom Hearts fans; I tried playing Birth By Sleep and found the game insufferable. Within the first few minutes, the story's immediately melodramatic, and I didn't find the battle system particularly fun. I really enjoyed Chain of Memories when it first came out, but I was ten at the time and thought that the fact that the story didn't make sense meant I, rather than the game, couldn't process complex story sequences. Eight years later, watching a bunch of spiky haired teenagers immediately get depressed and angsty over no reason in particular just didn't do anything for me. If you have a PSP, I suppose it can't hurt to try the game, but if you solely own a Vita and aren't a Kingdom Hearts fan, I wouldn't lament the fact that it's not on PSN.

I agree. Considering how good the battle system is, if you have even a passing interest in ARPGs, you should give it a try.

How is the battle system compared to original KH?
Back when KH came out, the camera controls and lock on implementation in that game was such an annoyance to me that I finished it as fast as possible and traded it in so I'd get max credit for it. The camera/lock on problems irritated me so much that I wrote off the series and skipped KH2. All these portable games seemed so confusing and such and since I wasn't interested in the story, I wrote them off too.

I suppose if you say the battle system is absolutely amazing (and there are no camera/lock on problems), then if they ever put it up on PSN, I'll have to try it out.

Doombear

PSY・S;41316770 said:
For a second there I thought that Earth Seeker game was the Vita project and got all excited because it looked cool. Ah well, I hope what they reveal is for the Vita.

I misread and thought the same thing. I actually really liked the design and gameplay of Earth Seeker even though I couldn't understand a word of it. I need to go back and play some more. It is the type of game though (Monster Hunter'ish, Gods Eater'ish) that would be perfect for the Vita. Excited to see what they are planning.

Does "installing data" on digital PSP games make a difference on load times for Vita -- example: MH:FU -- I'm doing data install out of habit -- is this necessary or does it even help?

As stated, it isn't useful for load times, but for MH:FU I did the install for the weapon previews. I always hated that one extra button press to get load the image in the shop =P So there may be some cases (can't think of any other media installs though) that have a secondary benefit other than load times.

Speaking of Vitas needing to be delivered... UPS has mine scheduled for Monday. Damn. Apparently they don't deliver Saturdays. So much for Newegg's "3 day" shipping. :-/ That BestBuy Madden Vita deal next Tuesday is looking rather good...

Fyi... Madden was horrendously choppy and broke down twice for me, demo at least, I am holding off until I get confirmations that it is fixed or waiting for a patch.

Massa

Fyi... Madden was horrendously choppy and broke down twice for me, demo at least, I am holding off until I get confirmations that it is fixed or waiting for a patch.

For me the cutscenes were very choppy but the gameplay itself was fine.

I just hope they didn't take people away from FIFA 13 Vita to work on this. :(

sajj316

For me the cutscenes were very choppy but the gameplay itself was fine.

I just hope they didn't take people away from FIFA 13 Vita to work on this. :(

Considering the First FIFA looked and played fine on the Vita, I wouldn't be worried. I don't know how many copies of Madden Vita are going to sell but I'd prefer to play it on the Vita than the PS3.

Afrikan

So the Madden 13 Vita bundle is $250 next week with a bonus $50 gift card at Best Buy.

Might be time to bite on a Vita. Especially since I can trade the game in for a little added value.

that is a great f'n deal...heck if you don't like Madden you could sell it.

I've been Playing Madden since the demo dropped...gameplay is smooth, I expect the cutscense to improve, but I don't care...its f'n Next Gen Madden on the go.

but again great f'n deal, its like getting a Vita for $160.

im waiting for a review of madden to see if the frame rate and screen tearing are fixed in the cut scenes. going on a vacation next week and this would be perfect to bring with me

Vitacat

That bestbuy madden vita deal... Is it just for one day, or all next week?

Is there a link to the actual promotion details? Thanks.

KalBalboa

Banned
From Best Buy's Vita bundle listing:

Execute slow-motion chain kills, pickpocket unsuspecting victims, pursue your enemies in a canoe and more using the PS Vita's unique features

7845858166_6ca5262faf_z.jpg

sajj316

All next week. From Sunday to Saturday. You'll probably have to wait till Saturday to see the ad online though.

You sure? I thought it was just a Midnight release deal.

EDIT: lol at the Madden features. Sign me up! Slow motion kills on Brady, pickpocket opponents plays, pursue a RB on a broken play in a canoe! Sweet!

brentech

Just finished MGS2. Still have to play MGS3, but I want to get started on Unit 13 and Uncharted:GA.

MGS2, minus some controls, looked and played great on Vita. Gorgeous.

Buying FIFA13 on Vita is still on hold for me. Madden is out, I thought it was way too choppy....and after playing Madden 13 on PS3 it is tough to go back to fully canned animations.

Toki767

You sure? I thought it was just a Midnight release deal.

EDIT: lol at the Madden features. Sign me up! Slow motion kills on Brady, pickpocket opponents plays, pursue a RB on a broken play in a canoe! Sweet!

Doubt it's just midnight. They're doing a midnight launch, but their ad deals are good for the whole week.

Has anyone else been getting messages stating $50 on PSN if you send this message to all your friends and they send it back, or some BS?

I'm not doing it regardless but I'm quite skeptical.

Also, a random on my friends list that should have been deleted ages ago asked me to give him my Netflix information because he wanted to watch a movie or something...

Is that just fucked or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom