• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you reading what I'm saying? The problem is that it is TRYING to be Monster Hunter rather than its own thing.

I'm reading what you're saying and it's still pretty ridiculous. The fact that you have to sacrifice different things in order to gain powers which include body parts and affects your character is a big departure from anything MH has done. I guess just because it has 4 people taking down a big monster automatically equates to "Monster Hunter Clone #345" right? ;)

KalBalboa

Banned
can the vita use remote play to wireless connect to the ps3 to play games?

PixelJunk Shooter actually made great use of it. When you tried playing it via remote play the game would automatically adjust to a unique control scheme specifically for the PSP.

Skyzard

Banned
SS not just grey:

Kbz7P.jpg

These were youtube screens btw. Looks like a pretty chaotic game...very excited.

patsu

can the vita use remote play to wireless connect to the ps3 to play games?

Very few games support it, not sure about wireless.

Yeah, RemotePlay is designed for wireless connection since PSP and Vita do not sport any RJE connection.

I think you can RemotePlay PS1 games from PS3 to Vita but I have never tried it (Not interested in PS1 library at all ^_^).

The last we heard, Sony is in the process of making Ico, SotC and GoW HD Collection RemotePlay savvy

EDIT: Rather than counting on RemotePlay, it may be more interesting to look into CrossPlay.

[Pointing at those Buy Once Play on Both ones]

Yeah, RemotePlay is designed for wireless connection since PSP and Vita do not sport any RJE connection.

I think you can RemotePlay PS1 games from PS3 to Vita but I have never tried it (Not interested in PS1 library at all ^_^).

The last we heard, Sony is in the process of making Ico, SotC and GoW HD Collection RemotePlay savvy

EDIT: Rather than counting on RemotePlay, it may be more interesting to look into CrossPlay.

[Pointing at those Buy Once Play on Both ones]

You can, but there's noticeable lag with some games.

kewlmyc

October 23 and October 30 are going to be very intense.

Oct 23
Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Super Monkey Balls: Banana Splits
Smart As...

Oct 30
Persona 4 Golden
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Spy Hunter
LEGO: Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

I don't know if this is wise or stupid on Sony's behalf.

patsu

Oct 23
Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Smart As...

Oct 30
Persona 4 Golden
Spy Hunter

Stupid ! But the developers may be in crunch mode now. I don't know if they can complete development earlier than what they have planned right now.

You can, but there's noticeable lag with some games.

Yea... RemotePlay is suitable for some game types "only".

Famassu

I'm not referring to Dissidia. I'm referring to Lord of Arcana.

And not at all. I quite like Gods Eater and Phantasy Star's PSP versions. Both take some heavy inspiration from MH but make it their own.
Except Phantasy Star Online came before Monster Hunter. :)

So far, I've yet to see that from either Soul Sacrifice or RO. I honestly think RO just looks cheap. Like the animations in Gods Eater look better and the characters have a much better design.
Sure, Ragnarok Odyssey isn't a big budget game like MH, but it's colourful & fast-ish paced and it's decent fun based on the demo.

Btw,you complain about the colour-palette of Soul Sacrifice, yet compliment God Eater (which is way more gray than Soul Sacrifice). At least have some consistency in your critique. :)

Are you reading what I'm saying? The problem is that it is TRYING to be Monster Hunter rather than its own thing.
It's not. Soul Sacrifice clearly has its own thing going with the gameplay concepts it has. I mean, sure, it's clearly an answer to the lack of Monster Hunter on Vita, but it's not simply a copy-cat OF Monster Hunter. Same goes for Ragnarok Odyssey. Sure, it's in the same coop-focused monster killing genre, but it's different enough from a gameplay POV (not as sluggish and clumsy as MH + there's some emphasis on aerial combat) that it does stand on its own.

Skyzard

Banned

Oct 23
Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Smart As...

Oct 30
Persona 4 Golden
Spy Hunter

I was thinking about possible reasons for this the other day - All I can think of is that it makes it more likely that they will see a spike in Vita sales in around October. Hopefully that is so that consumers spread the word and showcase the games with their new toy (novelty purchase advertising to friends/word of mouth) - more people are hoping to pick it up during christmas [christmas mega push)? As opposed to leaking them slowly...not really having the same effect.

kewlmyc

I was thinking about possible reasons for this the other day - All I can think of is that it makes it more likely that they will a spike in sales in around October. Hopefully that is so that consumers spread the word and showcase the games with their new toy so people are hoping to pick it up during christmas? As opposed to leaking them slowly...not really having the same effect.

I might be for the people that buy the bundle. After they buy it, they have a fresh batch of game to pick from.

Famassu

Oct 23
Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Smart As...

Oct 30
Persona 4 Golden
Spy Hunter

Huh, I thought only PlayStation All-Stars is a Sony game (from that list), didn't know they are making the rest too.

Skyzard

Banned
@kewlmyc : that does line up nicely too but not sure it will have the same affect on sales, especially with them already running out of money after picking up the bundle :) Would already have them available if they released them slowly but I guess the "fresh batch" concept is appealing too. Still, I think seeing one larger spike in sales as opposed to more slow rises could have more of a knock-on affect, just through hype really.

@Famassu : Pretty sure Sony still gets to decide when they are released.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do we know if Fifa 13 is going to be closer to console versions this time around?
I know FIFA 12 was more like FIFA 11.5

I doubt it ,thing is there is no there is no competition here (Konami is supposed to work on PES 2014 for Vita but this wont be out anytime soon) so EA don't really care and will most likely port Fifa 2011 again with updated team rosters.

I think Sony better bring back This is Football (or World Tour Soccer).

brentech

I'd be fine if they got it closer to FIFA 12.
In the end that's still not what I really want.

I just want forwards and midfielders on a FIFA game that actually making an intelligent run off the ball to create plays instead of always hanging back.

Oh well, I loved FIFA 11 besides that junk.

Famassu

@Famassu : Pretty sure Sony still gets to decide when they are released.
Sony can deny releasing games that are in such a shitty state that they don't even boot up or can't be finished (this happens quite a lot with PSN games, especially SCEE is quite anal about this, which is why games like Trine took forever to arrive to Europe after everywhere else), but they have nothing to do with the actual release dates of games. If Ubisoft, EA, Atlus, Aksys and the rest want to release their Vita games within a two-week period, there's really nothing Sony can do about it.

I was thinking with all the game releases being clustered at the end of the year it works out well for a price cut. The timing works out and they would be foolish not to get this thing to $199 for the holidays.

Oct 23
Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Smart As...

Oct 30
Persona 4 Golden
Spy Hunter

eh. P4 is the only thing that I might possibly buy at this moment. AC3 if it's good.

I just can't imagine any of these console ports to be optimized and pretty for the first year of the handheld, but I am willing to be surprised.

I mean, virtua tennis 4 made me a believer, let's just hope all the games on the list aren't just 3ds ports :/

And wtf spy hunter, is this a port of the meh gamecube/ps2/xbox game?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I was thinking with all the game releases being clustered at the end of the year it works out well for a price cut. The timing works out and they would be foolish not to get this thing to $199 for the holidays.

well Sony seriously a price cut as soon as possible. (PS3 new Ugly Slim might mean they are going for something?)

but even a price cut don't give any excuse on this clustered mess, they need to spread the games over the year' months, I ( and think many others too) have other systems and other games on these systems I want to buy.

well Sony seriously a price cut as soon as possible. (PS3 new Ugly Slim might mean they are going for something?)

but even a price cut don't give any excuse on this clustered mess, they need to spread the games over the year' months, I ( and think many others too) have other systems and other games on these systems I want to buy.

Oh I agree, however, Little Big Planet Vita, Sly Cooper, COD Declassified are still out there as well as a lot of PSN titles.

I just get the feeling this Holiday will be like a second launch for the Vita, and a cluster of titles would help with that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh I agree, however, Little Big Planet Vita, Sly Cooper, COD Declassified are still out there as well as a lot of PSN titles.

I just get the feeling this Holiday will be like a second launch for the Vita, and a cluster of titles would help with that.

a re-launch requires something more than just a price cut and some game and that is a strong marketing campaign and after seeing Kevin Butler and Marcus we all know that Sony can't do marketing at all (well Sony Pictures can hype shit to the moon but that a different Sony than SCE).

*huh!!...I just noticed that my English sucks even more in the morning (it's 5.30 am here) there are mistakes all over the place, I need some sleep or something*

I heard other users say similar things, also about leaving a mark on the triggers themselves (but nothing a little tape wouldn't fix).

That's why I took the plunge on CTA. Do check out the nyko battery one too. CTA grip is very cheap if you're in UK. Ebay them but they are HK sellers..so might be a wait.

@ DragonZord, this SS trailer is better to show the different themed levels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MhCeWJ68pU

Oh, thought this was a chicken leg:
The thing stopping me from getting the CTA grip is that it blocks the charging port.

Has anybody used Hori's grip? That one doesn't block the charger.

a re-launch requires something more than just a price cut and some game and that is a strong marketing campaign and after seeing Kevin Butler and Marcus we all know that Sony can't do marketing at all (well Sony Pictures can hype shit to the moon but that a different Sony than SCE).

*huh!!...I just noticed that my English sucks even more in the morning (it's 5.30 am here) there are mistakes all over the place, I need some sleep or something*

Wait what? Kevin Butler is by far Sony's most successful running ad this generation. Marcus sucked though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
any good psp pick up and play psp games? for the most part, i prefer stuff i can stop whenever without worrying much about a story or complex mechanics. i'm not a huge fan of strategy or fighting games, and i'm super iffy on racing.

Any impressions on this thingy
41qFf3WdkWL._AA300_.jpg

if it's decent I might get it for whenever they release Black Ops/Killzone of any decent FPS on Vita ( since I need triggers for FPS)

I just reviewed both the PDP Trigger Grip and HORI's Grip attachment for my site: http://www.gamervita.com/2012/07/vita-grip-face-off-pdp-versus-hori/

I like the trigger idea, but otherwise the PDP isn't very ergonomic. It also has a weird slippery finish. I definitely thought the Hori was much better.

olimpia84

Gravity Rush is stealing the spotlight of my playing time in the Vita. I was excited to get UMVC3 but I only played it once (got to Galactus on my first try and couldn't beat the damn bastard...why do they have to make end bosses so damn cheap??).

patsu

I just reviewed both the PDP Trigger Grip and HORI's Grip attachment for my site: http://www.gamervita.com/2012/07/vita-grip-face-off-pdp-versus-hori/

I like the trigger idea, but otherwise the PDP isn't very ergonomic. It also has a weird slippery finish. I definitely thought the Hori was much better.

Have you tried the Nyko power grip ? I visited 3 GameStops (Palo Alto, Cupertino, Saratoga) but they don't have it. Just did another search on gamestop.com. Their Mountain View and San Jose stores seem to carry it. Will try again tomorrow.

Sol1dus

any good psp pick up and play psp games? for the most part, i prefer stuff i can stop whenever without worrying much about a story or complex mechanics. i'm not a huge fan of strategy or fighting games, and i'm super iffy on racing.

Metal Slug Anthology I would say.

Jawmuncher

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
eh. P4 is the only thing that I might possibly buy at this moment. AC3 if it's good.

And wtf spy hunter, is this a port of the meh gamecube/ps2/xbox game?

Same with me, I'm kinda interested in AC:Liberations, but I want to see reviews first. Mostly because I heard the PSP one sucks.

Spy Hunter is a reboot for Vita and 3DS. I'm not sure if it is a retail or a downloadable title though.

Have you tried the Nyko power grip ? I visited 3 GameStops (Palo Alto, Cupertino, Saratoga) but they don't have it. Just did another search on gamestop.com. Their Mountain View and San Jose stores seem to carry it. Will try again tomorrow.

No. I thought about buying the CTA and Bluebell knock offs from eBay to add those to the comparison, but haven't had the spare cash for that. If the Nyko comes in to stock on Amazon next month I might give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom