• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Oh! Well that's disappointing. For me anyway. Enjoy the game, fellow CAG!

I hope to! To be totally honest, I've never had terribly good experiences with Lumines in my (very) limited time playing its various incarnations, but I figure at $9.99 it's lauded enough that it deserves a genuine chance by me.

Either way, haven't been playing Vita much since I beat Rayman, so looking forward to that.

I may just pull the trigger on Lumines and/or Wipeout and/or Rayman and/or HSG :|
Can you guys help prioritize these games? They all sell for 20$ now.

I would go with Rayman first, particularly if you haven't played it on consoles yet.

As for the others... I couldn't say, but when I've made the same inquiries in this thread, I was told:
Lumines > Wipeout > HSG

7847846726_2a47136f2b_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/24/persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edition/

Oh yes, it will be mine!

zroid

Banned
Hmm, that looks pretty good, but I think I'd rather save the $30. The skins are the most compelling part of the package, anyway, in my opinion.

I hope to! To be totally honest, I've never had terribly good experiences with Lumines in my (very) limited time playing its various incarnations, but I figure at $9.99 it's lauded enough that it deserves a genuine chance by me.

Either way, haven't been playing Vita much since I beat Rayman, so looking forward to that.

I would go with Rayman first, particularly if you haven't played it on consoles yet.

As for the others... I couldn't say, but when I've made the same inquiries in this thread, I was told:
Lumines > Wipeout > HSG

I've never played Lumines games on PSP but I always hear good stuff about it. I'm currently playing Rayman with my 4 year old son co-op on PS3 and really love the game.
I may go for Lumines and/or Wipeout for now : )

Hmm, that looks pretty good, but I think I'd rather save the $30. The skins are the most compelling part of the package, anyway, in my opinion.

What takes me away of many preorder offers is the trade in offer Future shop does on almost every new release. Makes life much easier.

zroid

Banned
What takes me away of many preorder offers is the trade in offer Future shop does on almost every new release. Makes life much easier.

That really is true :/

Their launch day trade promos have been ridiculous over the last few months. I've already snagged Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon Conquest, Kingdom Hearts 3D, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and a 3DS XL, all for less than half of their RRPs (sometimes much less than half).

I think the last instance they had one for a Vita game was Gravity Rush, and I probably would have done that too except I didn't own a Vita at the time :(

Massa

Next month the assault on my wallet begins. LBP and FIFA on the same day (I've wanted FIFA on the Vita since before launch but decided to wait for the second version, let's hope that pays off).

Did you ever find out if it can be fixed?

Unfortunately no, I just grabbed a different pair of headphones.

Carl

Next month the assault on my wallet begins. LBP and FIFA on the same day (I've wanted FIFA on the Vita since before launch but decided to wait for the second version, let's hope that pays off).

Sometimes it's good to dislike sport games :D

I was impressed by the LBP beta, but not enough for me to warrant a purchase. I could see people getting into the level creator, but it's just not my bag I guess

spannicus

Anyone know who's developing Warriors Lair and how to get in contact with them regarding the game. I hope it's not cancelled. Vita could use that game.

darkwing

wow I've gotten so many RO game goods from my near buddies now, makes me want to get one :| but I'm waiting for the RO NA super version

hwy_61

Banned
anyone used this?

Yes! It makes it a lot more comfortable to hold, that's for sure. The only thing I don't like about it are the triggers. They're gonna make you want to squeeze really hard, but don't. Just a light press should do it. I'd recommend it!

Shahed

Figured it all out. Got my Vita all set up now.

Anyone else download stuff onto the PS3 and then transfer to Vita? Some games were taking ages to download direct and messed up installing a few times. In the end I downloading and transferred 3 games from the PS3 before Motorstorm RC even downloaded direct to Vita.

I'll probably just keep doing that

darkwing

Anyone else download stuff onto the PS3 and then transfer to Vita? Some games were taking ages to download direct and messed up installing a few times. In the end I downloading and transferred 3 games from the PS3 before Motorstorm RC even downloaded direct to Vita.

same here, I think I had 7 items from the PS3, one wouldn't copy over , I think it was corrupted while downloading

Carl

Downloads are much quicker for me on my Vita. Can download full games inside 2 hours. They take literally a full day on PS3.

see5harp

Yea, my Vita is, by far, the slowest wireless device in my house. PS3 is actually decent, Vita is like watching pain dry. The only thing that comes close is watching a podcast download directly to my iPhone (which is also pretty slow).

Carl

Full games inside two hours? What speeds do you normally get? I get about 1mb on Vita and 6-7 on PS3

Usually my speed hovers around 1mbps. My PS3 took about 6 hours to download Sound Shapes. Less than 2 hours on my Vita. I think Rayman Origins was even less than that.

In short, they're both pretty shit and fluctuate a lot. But my Vita is many times faster than my PS3.

KalBalboa

Banned
Usually my speed hovers around 1mbps. My PS3 took about 6 hours to download Sound Shapes. Less than 2 hours on my Vita. I think Rayman Origins was even less than that.

My Vita can be surprisingly snappy when it has a strong enough signal. Sometimes I'll do Vita content through my PS3 for the sake of having the backups already stored on my PS3's hard drive.

Overall, I think my Vita is slightly faster than my PS3 in terms of wireless speed, if signal strength is equal I mean.

I had a terrible time downloading updates on my ps3. It seemed like it was having problems writing to my HDD.

I had to do a quick format, which seemed to fix the problem. Unfortunately, I lost like 30 PSN games (game shares)

patsu

I thought the assault only starts in October.

What's coming in September ? I'm bad with dates.

Shahed

Would the fact that my PS3 is less than a year old make a difference. Maybe I just got lucky with PS3 speeds since I know a lot of people who complain over theirs.

I'd take the slower Vita speeds if it means I have faster PS3 speeds that average. It's much easier to download and transfer games via the PS3 since it's faster, appears to have a better install success rate. But more importantly I can download while playing.

Both Uncharted and Gravity Rush disable my WiFi :(

As a huge DQ fan, would you guys recommend Trials In The Sky? I have 20 bucks waiting to be spent on the PSN. I already have Y's Seven and Y's Oath waiting to be played. I just finished up Jean D Arc on my PSP, and what a fun game it was!

Shahed

They say it's to preserve the battery, which I believe, but it's kinda dumb that it's forced to disable WiFi.

I can understand why they did it. But most of my playing is done at home, so battery life isn't an issue. They could give us the option to choose

As a huge DQ fan, would you guys recommend Trials In The Sky? I have 20 bucks waiting to be spent on the PSN. I already have Y's Seven and Y's Oath waiting to be played. I just finished up Jean D Arc on my PSP, and what a fun game it was!

Definitely. Awesome game and one of the very best on PSP. It has this charm that few games have.

Will warn you in that it's very easy to miss things in the game. Also how patient are you? It's only the first in a trilogy, and the next two games are no where near being localised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom