• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

FRUSTRATION:

UPS just came. Got my 4 Vita games, 16GB memory card, screen protector.

Did NOT get my Vita.

Lol know the feeling. Got my games, memory card, case and screen protector on Tuesday. Vita came today. That three day wait was almost unbearable

Vitacat

Wow. You have the worst luck it seems!

You can stare longingly at your stuff now though :)

What games did you get in the end?

Uncharted (free from Newegg for buying my Vita from them)
Gravity Rush (of course I had to get this game)
Lumines ES
Wipeout 2048

Lumines and Wipeout were my first PSP games back when I bought my 1000 those many years ago. They blew my mind at the time, so when I ordered my Vita, I HAD to make them part of my first batch of Vita games as well. Really cannot wait to play these games.

The little boxes look so nice lined up next to each other... :-/ *sigh*

Vita will come Monday. It's OK, I have tons of stuff that needs doing this weekend anyway.

I had similar with my 3DS :D Such a disappointment when you realise they've shipped separate! Enjoy spending the rest of the day wondering if another carrier has it and its coming later ;p

UPS tracking shows that it's still in another city. It's due to arrive Monday. Good thing I have a busy weekend ahead, or I'd really be frustrated by the wait.

I don't understand lumines and wish the demo had a better tutorial and more varied music. But I think I want it. Pricepoint is $20, would prefer digital, I think though... why can't SCEA take their heads out of their asses and do some sales a la SCEE?!

Wasn't the XBL game a port of the PSP game, essentially?

darkwing

I don't understand lumines and wish the demo had a better tutorial and more varied music. But I think I want it. Pricepoint is $20, would prefer digital, I think though... why can't SCEA take their heads out of their asses and do some sales a la SCEE?!

lol I've been harping this every last few pages, SCEA Vita support basically sucks

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Wasn't the XBL game a port of the PSP game, essentially?
The XBLA version changes the different game types from the PSP game and makes them identical to the flagship game mode, Hero 30. I haven't played the XBLA version, so they might be done well, but I liked having the variety in the original game, and Half-Minute Hero really is the perfect portable game.

lol I've been harping this every last few pages, SCEA Vita support basically sucks

At least they try to hock the system to every user who calls customer support now.

"Hey, my PS3 just died, a second model with another dead disc drive. Can you do anything for me?"

"We can repair it for $99! Have you heard of the Vita?"

Jackholes.

Gimme the loot*.

*loot in this case referring to the swank ass sales the EU Vita owners have been privy to.

Vitacat

"We can repair it for $99! Have you heard of the Vita?"

Wow, that must be annoying. God forbid they actually advertise the Vita instead. And not the typical garbage ads Sony usually does, but good ones that actually tell people what the Vita is, what it can do etc.

Sony makes great products. Sadly that's about the only thing they do right.

Wow, that must be annoying. God forbid they actually advertise the Vita instead. And not the typical garbage ads Sony usually does, but good ones that actually tell people what the Vita is, what it can do etc.

Sony makes great products. Sadly that's about the only thing they do right.

My response:
"Yes, I actually have one right here." LOL

btw how many of you guys are using headphone amps for the Vita?

Are you? I still really want to get a headphone amp some day for my Etymotic ER4's. I think the headphone out on the Vita should be good enough to use with an amp. IIRC the Vita cradle has a good DAC and a line out. (EDIT: Too bad it doesn't work with the DS3, like the PSPGo does).

darkwing

Are you? I still really want to get a headphone amp some day for my Etymotic ER4's. I think the headphone out on the Vita should be good enough to use with an amp. IIRC the Vita cradle has a good DAC and a line out.

not yet, still waiting on my V-Moda M-80s if it's necessary , yeah I just read the Vita uses Wolfson DACs

not yet, still waiting on my V-Moda M-80s if it's necessary , yeah I just read the Vita uses Wolfson DACs

I would like to say look over at the Head-Fi forums, if you haven't been there yet, but it is a dangerous place.
EDIT: I didn't know V-Moda made full-size headphones, they look pretty nice.

From the Canadian deals thread, credit to Kazerei:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435925&page=202

"PS Vita games at Future Shop - price roundup!

* = on sale this week only

$19.99
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Little Deviants
Lumines Electronic Symphony
*MLB 12: The Show
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
*Touch My Katamari
WipEout 2048

$29.99
F1 2011
*Gravity Rush
*LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
*Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Michael Jackson The Experience
MMA Supremacy
Ridge Racer
*Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition
*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Unit 13"

patsu

btw how many of you guys are using headphone amps for the Vita?

I'm considering a good audio system for my Vita. Any suggestions ?

It's mainly for Corpse Party. The graphics is PS1 era, but the voice acting is head and shoulder above most other games these days. I am just getting to the scary parts, but put it off because I'm trying to see if I can find a reasonable and cheap sound system for Vita (for playing in bed !).

zroid

Banned
My god, it took Lumines for me to truly appreciate how bad the Vita's speakers are. Until now, I thought you all were just overreacting :|

Sheik

From the Canadian deals thread, credit to Kazerei:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435925&page=202

"PS Vita games at Future Shop - price roundup!

* = on sale this week only

$19.99
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Little Deviants
Lumines Electronic Symphony
*MLB 12: The Show
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
*Touch My Katamari
WipEout 2048

$29.99
F1 2011
*Gravity Rush
*LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
*Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Michael Jackson The Experience
MMA Supremacy
Ridge Racer
*Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition
*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Unit 13"

Bleh! I'm a sucker for deals. Thinking of picking up Hot Shots Golf and Resistance but I don't think I'll enjoy either very much...

darkwing

I'm considering a good audio system for my Vita. Any suggestions ?

It's mainly for Corpse Party. The graphics is PS1 era, but the voice acting is head and shoulder above most other games these days. I am just getting to the scary parts, but put it off because I'm trying to see if I can find a reasonable and cheap sound system for Vita (for playing in bed !).

how much is your budget?

yeah the Vita speaker is pretty bad lol I'm bringing my cans everywhere with it

Amory

It pisses me off to no end that high profile games like NBA 2k13 are coming to pretty much every console (including the PSP...) but not Vita. People won't buy the Vita because there aren't any games, and companies aren't putting out games because there's no install base. It's a crappy cycle.

Moofers

I'm in a weird spot right now. I want to buy more games for my Vita, but I kind of recognize that I don't actually need them. I'm playing the HELL out of UMvC3 and Wipeout, and neither have gotten old yet. Still, I find myself combing the Vita section at stores and eyeing up Blaz Blue, Gravity Rush, and more. What to do?

how much is your budget?

yeah the Vita speaker is pretty bad lol I'm bringing my cans everywhere with it

Only thing they do pretty well is stereo effects (noticed this with some Motorstorm RC music), the fact that you mostly cover them with your hands while playing also doesn't help at all.

darkwing

What's the ball park ? I won't spend more than US$1K but I want to know what's out there first.

woah with that budget better ask the headphone thread here in Gaf, I was perfectly happy with my Sennheiser PX100s I think I got them for less than $100

patsu

It pisses me off to no end that high profile games like NBA 2k13 are coming to pretty much every console (including the PSP...) but not Vita. People won't buy the Vita because there aren't any games, and companies aren't putting out games because there's no install base. It's a crappy cycle.

It's up to Sony to push Vita through and convince developers to make native games. If you like NBA 2k13 game, you can play it on Vita's PSP eumulator anyway.

Sheik

I'm in a weird spot right now. I want to buy more games for my Vita, but I kind of recognize that I don't actually need them. I'm playing the HELL out of UMvC3 and Wipeout, and neither have gotten old yet. Still, I find myself combing the Vita section at stores and eyeing up Blaz Blue, Gravity Rush, and more. What to do?

I'm the same! There's something about collecting those cute little blue boxes that's addicting. I would suggest you hold off though until you've got nothing left in your backlog and actually have the time to play new games. By then those games that you want may be on sale or have had price drops.

Roubjon

Damn, I wish I could get some of those deals from Futureshop. I've been waiting to get Rayman Origins and Metal Gear HD for cheap because I already own them for PS3.

Anyways, I've been playing the hell out of my Vita. I've been taking my sweet time with Gravity Rush because it's so damn good and I don't want it to end, and Disgaea 3 provides endless grindy fun. I also re-bought Dissidia and 3rd Birthday and they are as fun as always. The 2nd analog stick makes 3rd twice as good as before, and I already thought it was a fantastic game.

Mieu

The price of the Vita here in Manila is at $321.00. That includes an 8GB MC, a game of your choice (except UC:GA) and 20in1 accessory pack.

A bit expensive but that's the best deal right now. Last Xmas season it was around $600 LOL

Amory

It's up to Sony to push Vita through and convince developers to make native games. If you like NBA 2k13 game, you can play it on Vita's PSP eumulator anyway.

Ha, no, I'll just end up getting it for the 360 in all likelihood, as I'm sure the PSP release will be pretty bad.

It's kinda getting old talking about playing PSP and PS1 games on Vita like they're a valid substitute for games actually made for the system. It's a nice feature, but I didn't buy a PSP or a PS1, I bought a Vita.

patsu

Ha, no, I'll just end up getting it for the 360 in all likelihood, as I'm sure the PSP release will be pretty bad.

It's kinda getting old talking about playing PSP and PS1 games on Vita like they're a valid substitute for games actually made for the system. It's a nice feature, but I didn't buy a PSP or a PS1, I bought a Vita.

If the PSP game plays well, then I don't see a problem playing it on Vita. What I want is mobility. PS360 versions can't solve that problem for me. So I don't think it will get old for people like me.

For cross-platform games, I think they should make 'em Cross-Buy in the west -- even for the PSP version on Vita. ^_^
These won't be exclusive to Vita anyway.

And then focus on exclusive native Vita games.

What's the ball park ? I won't spend more than US$1K but I want to know what's out there first.

As i said in the previous pages, my current setup for vita/psp audio is Superlux HD669 headphones and FiiO 05 portable amp, less than 50€ and well worth the money, the regular speakers suck, and the headphones jack volume output is quite low, without a good pair of headphones is even worse.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003GU16J0/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026RJQJ6/

Should be some reviews in www.head-fi.org/

Takao

Banned

Not exactly shocking. The PSP NBA games are probably just roster updates at this point. Take2 has released 0 Vita games, and have 0 Vita games announced.

Not exactly shocking. The PSP NBA games are probably just roster updates at this point. Take2 has released 0 Vita games, and have 0 Vita games announced.

Wouldn't Bioshock Vita count, since 2k publishes the Bioshock series? I know that's still far off and might have even been canned, but...

There's one game! O:

Takao

Banned
Wouldn't Bioshock Vita count, since 2k publishes the Bioshock series? I know that's still far off and might have even been canned, but...

There's one game! O:

I don't even consider that thing announced. Ken Levine just pulled a Vita out of his pocket and said Bioshock is coming.

ZijR3.jpg

pulling a vita out of your pocket and saying "hey this game will exist sometime" is the best announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom